Hello to Amasty blog readers!
December 12 is the release date of the fresh new Magento 2.2.2. We’re excited to see the update of Magento 2.2 so soon – so let’s see which new features were included into this release!
Advanced Reporting powered by Magento Business Intelligence
The new feature provides access to order, product, and customer reports from the Magento 2.2.2 Admin (see Advanced Reporting for more information). Advanced reporting functionality is provided through integration with the Magento Business Intelligence (MBI).
To use this, you will need three things:
- A real domain name.
- HTTPS with a valid certificate.
- Successful subscription to the Advanced reporting.
With the option you gain access to 20 reports and 3 dashboards about your store performance. Reports are updated daily and can be configured to show data for several different date ranges. Advanced Reporting is accessed via a link in the Magento Admin panel where the reports are delivered via a SaaS interface.
Magento Shipping (powered by Temando)
Streamlined Instant Purchase checkout
The new Instant Purchase option uses previously stored payment credentials and shipping information without going through full checkout process.
A returning, logged in customer with a saved and supported payment method will see the Instant Purchase button displayed on the Product Detail page. When customers click this button, the system places the order using the default shipping, billing address, and stored payment method. When the order is placed, a confirmation message appears in the notification area.
Read more about it in the official user guide.
- From the Magento Admin area, you can change the Instant Purchase button text that appears on the product detail page.
- Instant Purchase includes support for all payment solutions using Braintree Vault, including Braintree Credit Card, Braintree PayPal, and PayPal Payflow Pro.
Now Magento 2.2.2 release includes the dotmailer marketing automation option. Looks like that you need to subscribe to dotmailer to use this option to its full. For Magento integration, the dotmailer prices go from $350, and a 14 day trial is available.
Magento Functional Testing Framework (dev stuff)
The Magento Functional Testing Framework (MTFT) is the new open-source, cross-platform testing solution. MFTF is aimed to replace the Functional Testing Framework.
This is another step to making Magento 2 development better, we’ve already seen the rising importance of testing throughout M2 evolving, and the new testing framework allows to:
- facilitate functional testing;
- minimize efforts with regression testing;
- minimize efforts to support extensions and customizations of tests via XML merging.
Now, as always, the list of fixes is huge, but that we’d like to point out there’s a small but very important fix we personally missed a lot. You can now use the Enter key (in addition to a mouse click) to search tables in the Admin. Previously, we’ve created a small extension that fixed it – and you can still use it for versions previous to Magento 2.2.2.
Other additions include:
- Support for the Indian Rupee (INR) to PayPal Express Checkout.
- New functionality for the command-line interface (more dev stuff). Interactivity was added to the admin:user:create command, as well as the ability to handle CLI setup interactively (with prompts).
That’s a wrap for today. To know even more about the new release and features, feel free to read the official Magento 2.2.2 release notes here.
Have a productive week!