Improved Sorting for Magento 2
Improved sorting for Magento 2 is a very effective tool for store-owners who care about their customers. Increase the usability of your catalog with user-friendly search options! Let your potential clients browse catalog or categories by any comfortable parameters.
- Offer each customer a suitable sorting option
- Focus on better performing products
- Sort out-of-stock products and items without an image last
- Change sorting order when you need
- Fully optimized for mobile
Improved Sorting extension for Magento 2 is a user-friendly navigation tool, meant to enrich your customers’ shopping experience. It allows potential clients to search for the right product in a very easy and convenient way. The possibility of Magento 2 store to sort products by position, rating, best sellers and other attributes enables buyers to find exactly what they need in record time and without any difficulty.
How to sort products by newest?
Many site visitors search for the newest, most trendy things. Help them browse the catalog more comfortable by implementing sort by newest option. In this case, instead of the default Magento 2 sorted by position products, new products will be shown at the top. Just name the Label and select Newest as the Arttribute Code. This option works especially well for fashion stores, mobile phone stores and other sites of the kind, where people always look for new stylish things.
The extension provides you with a simple but efficient tool – featured products blocks. Add conditions for products selection and receive highly targeted offers for each particular page. Flexible options allow you to create any number of blocks and insert them via widgets or CMS to any page. Due to the automation options based on sorting, you can display various featured products:
- Best Sellers
- Most Viewed
- Now in Wishlists
- Top Rated
- and other
Promote top rated cross-sells on product pages
Boost your bestsellers right in the shopping cart
Display featured products block in a sidebar
Place popular products to the top of the page
Manually manage the order of products
Improved Sorting for Magento 2 allows both automatic and manual ordering products in bestsellers and most viewed lists. If you need to move some items up to sell them quicker, you can do it in a few clicks.
Ability to disable sorting options
You can disable any of the new sorting options both at the catalog and category level.
The indexing mechanism ensures your category pages are loaded fast even if you have a very large catalog.
Ability to have descending order by default
In Magento all sort by options have ascending order. So if, for example, you would like to display most expensive items at the top, you can not do it. The extension enables you to display items from high to low.
Works with layered navigation
The extension enables customers to apply all sorting options to product lists generated by layered navigation.
The extension supports MySQL Full-text search engine, Solr support will be added in the next versions.
Boost the sorting options of your web storeAlongside with the Improved Sorting extension, employ Amasty hit extension to create Magento 2 custom product collections with layered navigation.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Magento 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
- Improvement we implemented minor code and performance improvements
- Compatibility compatibility with GraphQL was enhanced: now it supports all sorting types added by plugin
- Compatibility we added the compatibility with GraphQL
- Compatibility compatibility with Yotpo Reviews was enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.2 and MSI was improved
- Improvement we reviewed and enhanced plugin’s behavior regarding configurable products and their stock status
- Fix minor issues were fixed
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.2 and ElasticSearch was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with Yotpo Reviews (version 2.7.5) was improved
- New ability to manage all existing cron tasks on a Cron Tasks List grid in backend was added. Run cron tasks and generate their schedule by clicking the ‘Run Cron’ button. Also, delete tasks in bulk, apply filtering and sorting options when it is needed
- Compatibility compatibility with MSI coming with Magento 2.30. was improved
- Compatibility the compatibility with Yotpo reviews was improved
- Fix an issue with Newest sorting type was resolved
- Fix an issue with XSS injection in the admin name fields was resolved
- Improvement ability to translate the Price: high to low and Price: low to high sorting options was added
- Fix an issue with Default Sorting on Category Pages was resolved
- Compatibility splitted database compatibility was added
- New ability to sort products by 'Price - Low to High' and 'Price - High to Low' on the product listing page was added so that customers can quickly find the desired products
- Improvement the configuration settings were enhanced
- Fix the issue with Featured product block was resolved
- New allows to specify the way the products should be sorted on the search result page and on the category pages and have a full control on how to display the products. Admin is able to set the the primal method and the following two algorithms.
- Improvement the 'Sort attributes descending by default' setting logic was improved. Not selected attributes will have ascending sorting
- Improvement the 'Sorting Order' setting now displays only active sorting methods.
- Improvement code improvements were made
- New allows to create featured products (bestsellers, most popular products and other sorting types) widget based on sorting options and display it on any Magento page
- Fix the problem with Top Rated sorting was resolved
- Fix the problem with the sorting indexer time was resolved
- New the information section was added. Now, you can see the version of the installed extension, available updates, the user guide link, conflicts and other useful information right on the module configuration page
- Improvement the minor code improvement was implemented
- New allows to configure the sorting options position in backend in order to get the 'Sort by' list positioned properly on the front end
- New allows to sort by Yotpo reviews instead of default Magento reviews
- Improvement now it determines the out of stock products based on Out-of-Stock Threshold setting
- Improvement sort attributes order is descending by default
- Improvement added reindexing to install data script
- Improved the compatibility with 3rd party elasticsuite
- New added the possibility to get the products sorting query in the log file (/var/log/system.log)
- Minor fixes
- Added the primary keys to the db tables
- Fixed an issue with indexer
- Magento 2.2 compatibility tested and confirmed
- Invalidate index for indexer_mode = "Update by Schedule" only
- New indexing algorithm according with the magento devdocs guides
- Back end interface changes and improvements
- Ability to set custom label for the sorting methods
- Revised the sorting by 'Reviews Count'
- Performance and security enhancements
- Corrections to composer.json for correct extension installation
- Fixed default sorting
- Minor improvements
- Translation phrases added
- Fix ACL permissions