Magento 2 Multiple Stores Setup
One of the functionality provided in Magento 2 is setting up multiple stores and managing them from the same backend for the sake of convenience. However, the thing is whether you want to use many domains for the multiple websites or need to run many stores on one domain.
How to set up Magento 2 multiple stores?
To set up multiple stores follow the 4-step guide:
Step 1: Choose the store domain:
- To run new stores on subdomains -> configure subdomains of the main domain;
- To run different domains -> configure different main domains.
See how to make it correctly.
Step 2: Add the new store:
- Login to the Admin Panel> Stores> Settings> All Stores;
- Go to ‘Create Store’ and choose a website, which is a parent of the new store;
- Fill in the name for the recent store;
- Click the name of the Root category for this store:
- Press the 'Save Store' button to enable all the settings.
Step 3: Add a Default Store View:
- Choose the ‘Create Store View’ option;
- Select ‘Store’ for the new store you’ve created;
- Decide on the name for the new store view, type in the code (the identifier of your store view) and choose to enable/disable the status;
- Set a relevant position of the new store in the list:
- Click the ‘Save Store View’ button to keep all the configurations.
Step 4: Setup the URL of the store:
- Return to Store>Settings>Configuration;
- Navigate to the left panel and choose ‘Web’ from the drop-down ‘General’ menu:
- Select ‘Store View’ in the upper-left corner to check the new store view you’ve added;
- Choose the ‘OK’ to confirm the actions.
- Go to the ‘Base URLs’ section:
- Untick the ‘Use Website’ checkbox next to the ‘Base URL’ bar and insert the new store address there;
- If you need to set a secure URL go to the ‘Base URL Secure’ section and save the configurations:
To avoid any drawbacks before getting into a multi-site solution:
- Consider your server resources, as the XML tree is to be built for all sites. It will be logical to apply dedicated servers with relevant requirements to meet the demands;
- Don’t forget about SEO, as duplicate content can become a thing.