Free Gift | v2.5.2
Increase customers’ satisfaction
Overwhelming majority of free gift receivers admit that they are more likely to buy products in a certain online store after getting a free gift. Therefore, when receiving free promo items customers get significantly satisfied and the effectiveness of your promo campaigns rises. This is an easy and very effective way to increase clients’ loyalty and prepare fertile ground for future revenue boost.
Let customers know they get products for FREE
While customers tend to ignore irritating traditional ads, promotional products are much more difficult to miss. Unlike TV commercials or magazine ads, free product samples seem to be a more credible promotional tool allowing clients try items in real life. By creating catchy messages for free items visible on the cart page, you clearly indicate that customers get a FREE gift, which is obviously a nice surprise for them.
Offer customers configurable products as free gift
If you choose a configurable product as a free gift, customers will be able to select product attributes or required custom options which are displayed on a handy pop-up window in the cart. Besides, the extension supports bundle products.
Choose whether to use free or paid shipping for promo items
Admin is able to set up whether the promo items will shipped for free or not. This is vitally important in case of delivering heavy-weight or dimensional goods.
Virtual products support
All online merchants selling virtual products have a great chance to create tempting promotions with the Free Gift extension. The module fully supports virtual products enabling you offer them as free gifts.
Responsive Magento themes support
The extension is designed to be fully compatible with responsive Magento themes. It meets the requirements of widescreen, tablet and mobile view.
Specify whether to add multiple promo items to cart or only one product
In case you use these actions:
- Auto add promo products for the whole cart;
- Auto add promo items with products;
you can choose whether to automatically add all specified free items to cart or let customers select only one item.
Downloadable products support
Software, e-books, images, music or video – any type of content that can be packaged into files and downloaded now can be offered to the customers as a free gift.
Automatically add downloadable items
Now you can automatically add downloadable products to cart as free gifts without asking for customer confirmation.
Advanced tax calculation for promo items
Easily enable/disable tax calculation for promo products that are offered with discounts to set tax policy according to your specific needs.
Unique prefixes for each promo rule
Now you can specify unoque promo items prefixes displayed for orders in the admin panel. With the option you can create a separate prefix for each particular rule.
Draw customers’ attention to particular products
Easily adjust flexible rules to your needs to promote new products by letting customers try them for free. You can also raise popularity of certain products by automatically adding them to cart. This will help you effectively regulate the sales of particular products and unload your stock.
- Promote new products
- Raise sales rate of less popular items
- Manage your stock inventory
Form customers’ loyalty
This Magento free gift extension allows you to provide clients with numerous gifts in one order. Create unlimited number of rules per shopping cart and amaze your clients with numerous free promo items automatically added to their carts in case customers meet the conditions of several promotions at once.
- Easily adjust flexible rules to your needs
- Enable numerous gifts in one order
- Build customers loyalty
Offer promo items with discounts
Now you can offer not only free promo items, but the items with discounts as well. Flexible extension settings allow you to easily specify the discount type and amount and display both prices (original and promo price) on the shopping cart page and in the popup.
Display Popup on Checkout Page
The option allows you to offer free gifts to your customers not only at the Shopping Cart page but also during the checkout process. With this option you get an additional opportunity to give your customers a positive shopping experience and increase loyalty.
Take advantage of tempting promotions
Create various types of promotions based on subtotal, product quantity and other cart attributes to encourage visitors add more products to cart. For example: ‘Free mug for orders of 4 or more products'. Set promotions based on:
- Cart subtotal
- Total items quantity
- Total weight
- Payment method
- Shipping method
- Shipping region
Stimulate customers to buy more
With Magento free gift product extension you get 4 new discount rules, which provide customers with free items either per shopping cart or per product/product group level. It gives you the opportunity to:
- Regulate the number of promo items added to cart with each product
- Automatically add to cart the same items as customer places to cart
- Automatically add gifts for every $X amount spent (For instance, you can set a rule so that a customer will get a free T-shirt for every $500 spent. It means that if the cart subtotal equals to $1000 – the customer will get 2 T-shirts (one for each $500 spent).
Avoid doubling of the bonuses
Some products may be used in promo rules and as a part of free gift conditions at the same time. You can enable the option to apply only promo rules. For instance, according to a promo rule, customers buy a bag and get a mug for free. With the option enabled, if customers get a bag for free, they will not have a mug as a free gift.
More Advanced Settings for the Rules
More detailed settings available for the rule “Auto add promo items for every $X spent”. For $X value, you can add taxes in calculations. You can also use your web store or base currency to calculate row subtotal.
Wisely manage your budget
It is not a secret the magic power of the word ‘Free’ is great, and customers will rather choose to get a free 10$ gift than a 15$ discount. Thus, providing customers with free gift with purchse is not only beneficial for your brand awareness, but for your budget as well.
- Set particular brands and products as promo items
- Regulate the number of promo items per shopping cart
Show clear way how to get promo items
Let your clients know what they should do in order to get a Magento free gift or an item with a discount. Now with the help of catchy banners and labels placed on product pages it will be impossible to miss any promo offer.
- Use promo banners placed either on top of the page or above 'Add to Cart' button
- Specify additional text and display it together with banners or instead of them
- Display the list of promo items right on the product page
- new!Allow or deny auto adding gifts for admin orders
- Show promo banners either basing on a current product added to cart or on the whole shopping cart
- new!Enable Promo Banners for each role separetely
Find more ways to increase customers’ satisfaction
Use store credits as gifts
If you have the Store Credit extension from Amasty, you can combine the functionality of both modules and present store credits as gifts for your customers. It’s a good way to increase clients’ loyalty and motivate them to return to your store for new purchases and pleasant bonuses.
- Remove free items from shopping cart
- Can a rule be applied based on what other items are in the cart?
- Can I limit the number of free items per order?
- Can I limit the number of free items per several orders?
- Can I use a rule “Get Free X when Y is spent”?
- Can I add more than one free product?
- Can I give customers a few options of free products to choose from?
- Can I include shipping cost to the free product?
- Сan a customer pick the size or other attributes of a free product?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- W3C Validated Code
The module worked awesome for this.
However, I emailed support with a few suggestions and they answered me only a week later. I wish they did it faster.
P.S. Now we know for sure how to quickly unload our stock :)