Special Promotions Pro for Magento 1
Create personal promotions using customers' account information. Build customer devotion with specials based on order history.
- 20 additional discount rules for powerful promotions
- Deals based on any customer attributes – name, DOB, etc.
- Discounts based on customers' order history
- Ability to show detailed discount breakdown on front end
- Skip items with special price
- Use pro features for earnings growth;
- Set up any possible discount at your Magento store;
- Enhance functionality of shopping cart rules grid;
- Take advantage of full integration with Magento functions;
- See the video review to get more details;
Effective promotions will greatly contribute to your business
Stimulate repeat purchases
Use customers' account information to find out what customers want. Create Magento special offers based on order history to make customers fall in love with your store and regularly come back.
Create individual promotions in Magento to benefit regular customers
Using personal info you can make customers think that you know their needs and wishes. Provide exclusive deals to customers to show you care about them in a more special way. Nowadays it's essential to bring up devoted customers. Competition is high, stores must stick to customers and do everything possible to retain them.
The extension is the outcome of real-life requests we received from our customers.
Sell expensive products more efficiently
You have an ability to sell the most expensive products giving a discount to an additional cross sell product. People like to buy a lot of stuff for less money.
Save money giving discounts
Now you can also exclude products with special price from your discount programs. Such items are already discounted to the minimum, so make discount rules skip such items not to lose money.
Skip discounted products at a rule level
The module allows you to massively ignore products with special prices and exclude all of them from discount rules. From now on there is no need to enable this option for each and every rule; save your time and be sure that all loyalty programs are set to the optimum.
Give discounts based on customers' order history
Specify total sales amount or number of orders among conditions. So you can have deals like '15% discount for customers who had placed 5 or more orders' or '$50 discount for clients who bought more than $500 worth of products before this order'. This will motivate customers to regularly get back to your store and place more orders.
new! Now it's possible to create conditions based on the number of products a customer has bought before. For example, you can specify SKU or an Attribute Set to apply the rule only for a few items.
Create rules based on customer attributes
The extension adds a number of new conditions which you can choose at the 'Conditions' tab, when creating shopping cart Magento price rules. Now you can set email, first name, last name, date of birth and any other customer attribute as one of conditions. For example, you can create a promotion, which will work for all people called Valentine on St. Valentine's Day. Or give 10% discount to people with 'goodsite' text in their email. What's more, attributes created with the help of our Customer Attributes extension, also can be used for creating discount conditions!
Conditions based on order subselection
With ‘Orders Subselection’ you can adjust conditions based on order value and amount more accurately. You can define:
- Total sales amount
- Number of placed orders
- Avarage order value
For each of these conditions you can define subconditions:
- Order status (cancelled, complete, etc.)
- Period after order was placed
How it works?
Let’s say the customer created a number of orders which were later cancelled. With this functionality it’s easy to count only complete orders to give a discount for a customer.
Use custom options in the conditions
If you have the products with custom options, you can create conditions based on custom options. For example, you sell the cups in your store and there is a custom option to have an engraving for it. Now you can make the promotion rule apply only for the cups with engraving.
Inform customers about special promotions you have by catchy promo banners. There are flexible settings at your disposal: it is possible to enable or disable a promo banner for each rule individually. You can place it on top of the page or after the product description. Moreover, you can display banners, depending on the product SKU and category.
Create ANY discount with cheapest and most expensive products
For example, you can create rules like 'Buy One Get One Cheapest (or Most Expensive) Free', 'Buy 4 products, get the most expensive for 50% off' and so on.
Boost sales for cross-sell products
Motivate your customers to shop more! Create attractive promotions using deals with additional items for fixed price, with discount or for free.
- 'Buy X get Y with Discount' – create deals like ‘Buy three shirts and get a tie for 50% off’;
- 'Buy X get Y for Fixed Price' – for example 'Buy 2 pairs of jeans and get a belt for just $5!';
- 'Buy X get Y with Fixed Discount' – activate offers like ‘Buy 3 nail polishes and get a lipstick with $5 off!’
Enhanced promo opportunities
Notice that now you can specify the amount of free or discounted products, instead of offering just one promo item. To do that use the analogue set of rules:
- 'Buy X get Y with Discount' – activate special offer like‘Buy a dress and get 2 bags with 60% discount’;
- 'Buy X get Y for Fixed Price' – offer deals of a type 'Buy a tea pot and get 10 cups for $10!';
- 'Buy X get Y with Fixed Discount' – for example ‘Buy a pair of shoes and get 10 pairs with $15 off!’.
These actions work with simple and configurable products. You can select products which are discounted (by whole categories or just individual items) and the products which trigger the discounts.
Discount price of any product to a fixed value
Discount product prices to a fixed amount and have promotions like 'Buy a shirt and get another one for only $10' or 'All socks for just $5!'. With the extension you get a new 'Each N-th for Fixed Price' action. The action lets you discount price of any item to a fixed value (considering that the product meets the conditions of the price rule). For example, you can create promotion 'all contact lens for $20', 'buy a pair of shoes, get another one for $30' or similar ones using this action.
Create promotions like 'each second (third, fourth, etc) camera, phone, etc for 30% or 40% off or for free'
The extension adds 'Each Nth with Discount' rule, which you can utilize to offer deals like 'Get each 5th product for free (or with discount)', 'Buy 3 products from a certain category and get one of them with 40%/50% discount (or for free)' - offer a kind of tier pricing based on category or some other attributes (e.g. attribute set, manufacturer, etc).
Create promotions like 'Buy 3 or 4 or 5, etc items for full price and get each additional one for $50 ($100) or with 20% (30%, etc) discount'
Such promotions are possible with 'All product after N for Fixed Price' and 'All product after N with Discount' actions. The extension always selects the most expensive items for 'full-price' ones, the cheaper products get discounted. You can limit the number of items to be discounted. With these actions you can create rules like 'Buy 2 books for full price and get 2 more with 50% discount' or 'Buy 3 bags for full price and get each additional one for $100'.
Create promotions like 'Buy 3 items for full price and get each second (third etc.) with a discount
This kind of promotions is available with the 'Each M-th after X-th' action. Choose one of three action types to create the promotion you need:
- Percent discount;
- Fixed price discount;
- Fixed price;
Set up attractive promotions like:
- Buy a coat and get a hat with the 30% discount
- Add a pair of jeans to the cart and choose any belt you like just for the fixed price of 25$
- Get $100 off if bought more than $1000 worth of products before
- Buy 2 shirts and get any tie for just $10
- Category tier pricing: buy one for 100, two for 90 each!
- 10% discount for customers who place more than 3 orders before
- Get each 3-rd cheapest (or most expensive) item with 20% discount
- Get 10% off two most expensive products
- Get $100 off if bought more than $1000 worth of products before
- Buy 3 and get 1 cheapest (or most expensive) free, get 6 and get 2 cheapest (or most expensive) free
- All contact lens (bags, shirts, etc) for $10
- Buy 2 books and get the 3rd one for free (or for 40%, 50% etc. off)
- 5% discount for customers, whose email contains text 'gmail'
Create promotions for product sets
With two new actions added now you can set promotions for particular product sets. Use the following promotion types:
- Fixed price for a product set ("By a mobile phone, a memory card and a case for 99$! in total")
- Percent discount for a product set ("If you buy the jacket and shoes together. each item gets 10% off discount")
Special promotions for bundle products
Now you can create promotions for bundle products. Easily set shopping cart price rules to offer bundle items with various discount types.
Full support of virtual products
The module goes all out in support of virtual items. So if you’re the owner of virtual products store you can use all the benefits which Special Promotions Pro offers.
Now Special Promotions involves the functionality of Promotions Manager module. As a result, you can look through all rule details (the type of discount action and discount amount) right on the shopping cart rules grid. Furthermore, this allows you to manage promotions on the grid:
- activate and deactivate rules in bulk;
- change rules' priority in bulk;
- duplicate rules and create as many similar ones, as you need;
- easily delete demo rules or invalid coupons which are no longer needed.
With Promotions Manager and Special Promotions to create a promo and attract new customers to your store is as easy as it can be.
Possibility not to apply discounts to products with special price
Specially priced items are already cheap. Applying discounts to them in most cases means that you will lose money on such products - now you can prevent this. The extension enables you to skip products with special prices created with Catalog price rules as well.
Take full advantage of Magento price rules functionality
The extension is fully compatible with native Magento conditions. So it is possible to impose limitations like category or sku and so on to create rules like 'Buy more than 1000 worth of products and get the most expensive item from "gifts" category for free'.
Show discount breakdown
The savings people make are a powerful factor when considering whether to buy or not (and also whether to keep coming back or not:-). So let’s present the facts in front of them in an easy to understand way, as very often customers want to make sure they get all the discounts they are promised. Now you can display the list of discounts with products that are being discounted. For example, they will see: 'Get each 2nd phone with 50% discount: HTC Diamond -$375'. The feature works starting from the CE 1.4.2 version.
The extension is completely integrated with Magento
It supports multi-store and multi-currency environment at the general configuration level, also works correctly with Magento tax functionality.
Сlearly display promotions to customers
We are forever being asked by our customers something like 'Well, now we've got our promotions, how do we shout about them?' The answer is our Product Labels module. It enables you to add colorful badges to images of products, which make the promotions easy to spot. Of course you can use both custom texts and images for the badges.
Clearly inform customers about discounts
Great solution for promoting deals is Promo Banners module, which allows to show banners on shopping cart, category and product pages. This smart solution enables you to show banners in appropriate situations and not irritate customers. E.g. you can tell customers that if he will add one more item he will get 20% off.
Manually choose discount base
Admin user can define what price will be chosen as a discount base for the action – a special price, the price after previous discounts or the original item price.
Please watch the video review to find out more about how Special Promotions Magento extension works.
To launch the promo where X is not equal to 1, you need to make changes in the 'Update prices' section: select the corresponding promo action, specify 2 as the 'Discount qty step' and set the discount amount to 1.
A rule for specific products can be created in two ways. You can generate it either by using corresponding products SKUs or by creating a hidden category for necessary products. Follow the complete answer to see more details.
To set up percent-off promotions on everything you'll need to create the corresponding Cart Price rule with the "Persent of Product Price Discount" action and set the discount amount. See the screenshot to configure the rule correctly.
Using the Magento promotion module, you can easily set up a percent-off sale by creating a Cart Price rule and applying it to a necessary product's category only. To see how to designate 20% off a category, follow the link below.
To run a percent-off discount for some specific products you should create Cart Price rule and apply them to a required product only. To see the settings for a 20 percent off discount, read a complete answer.
With the Magento discount extension, you can create relevant Cart Price rule with 'Fixed amount discount' action. To see a 10-discount-amount example, follow the link below.
'Conditions' establish when your promo will be put into use, whereas 'Actions' specify all the benefits a customer will achieve if meeting all the promo conditions. While combining both the features you can design a vast number of various marketing campaigns. To learn where to configure the setting and how to make it properly, read the full answer.
Special Promotions Pro is one of the most full-fledged Magento promotion extensions. Besides the additional 5 marketing deals, it offers deals based on customer order history and attributes. To see a comparison chart, follow the link below.
These extensions have an identical set of rules actions, however the Loyalty Program extension has additional features that help to set up loyalty program levels, count user statistics and display it in the user account.
The action can be used for launching such promos as 'buy 3 and get the cheapest for half the price' or 'buy 6 and get 2 cheapest items for half the price'. However, you need to know the rule can be applied to the same categories only. To see a step-by-step action guide, follow the link below.
How to set up the promo 'Buy N products, and get next same products free'?
How to create a rule for specific products?
How can I set up a percentage off everything?
How do I set up a percentage off one category?
How can I provide a percentage off specific products?
How can I create Fixed Amount Off promotions?
What is the difference between Conditions and Actions?
Does this extension have all the functionality of Special Promotions module?
What is the difference between Special promotions Pro and Loyalty Program?
How to use "The Cheapest" action
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Each and every time i am never deceived by the quality and functionalities of the extension, it always work great, as described.
The team is awesome, when i have a question, or problem of compatibility, they solve it very fast.
I do not buy anymore from another editor
We are no experts in regards to Magento so their support has been a godsend! The only tricky part is the conflicting time zones, as we are in the U.S. and they are in Belarus. So the window of time takes getting used to.
All in all, the extension works as described. Keep up the good work guys!
I faced a few bugs over the last few months and each time I contacted Amasty support, I received prompt and useful answers.
Good job, Amasty, keep it up!
As for the settings, I didn't manage to configure everything I needed without bothering their tech support, but should admit they replied me instantly and helped with the plugin configuration.
The extension itself is easy to use and very customizable. We ran into some problems during the installation process. Something didn’t work out right with our heavily customized theme. Support was one ticket away. These guys fixed it all up in no time and gave us detailed recommendations on how to use the module.
Now it just rises our conversions with no issues.
Good extension, great support!
Different sets of conditions and types of rules lead to impressive results. The outcome is almost unbelievable!
Thanks, Amasty, you did a great job!
2. The difference between special promotions and the pro version is actually very slight, the pro version allows you to use the previous purchases and customer attributes in conditions, as far as I know, that's all. But I needed these features, so.
All in all the module is good, works well, no bugs, no third party conflicts. Will be five star if you update the extension
At first the settings seemed to me a little bit complicated. But all times I asked Amasty for help to set up a promo rule they always gave me a hand. Now I feel free to do it by myself.
I really believe this module can bring my store to the next stage. I give 5 stars!
So thanks for guiding me through the settings. I'm very grateful you support inexperienced users.
Thanks, Ric Baccardo
Keep up the good work!
Screaming Banshee LLC
You can always download the recent version free of charge from your account
Installing an upgrade is easy — check now
- New We added an option "Maximum discount" for default Magento cart price rules
- Fix the issue with incorrect discount in description was resolved
- Fix the issue with validation for condition ANY with "Number of placed orders" was resolved
- Fix the issue with maximum function nesting was resolved
- Fix the issue with the rule not triggering if "Discount QTY Step = 0" was resolved
- Fix the issue with applying the biggest discount for original price was fixed
- Fix the issue with applying rules after specifying Y-product and Y-categories on the rule was resolved
- Fix security fixes
- Fix the issue with a discount exceeding an item's price was resolved
- Fix the issue with sorting for "Each N-th" and "Each Product After N" actions was resolved
- New the debug mode for the shopping cart was added. Now you can see the discounts applied to each item in the cart
- Fix the issue with actions 'buy X get Y' for products with the same price was resolved
- Fix the issue when applying the biggest discount amount was resolved
- Fix the issue with the discount amount for the 'Group N percent' rule was resolved
- Fix the issue with labels displaying on products images was resolved
- Fix the issue with time format was resolved
- Fix the issue with apply the biggest discount setting was fixed
- Improvement the localization was updated.
- Improvement 'Usage examples' URLs are now opening in new tab
- Localization updated
- Dependencies updated
- Fixed logic of 'Each Group of N' action. Now it will apply discount on group of cheaper items
- Fixed an issue with 'Promo Items' field not accepting SKUs with spaces
- Fixed an issue with 'Stop Further Rules Processing' setting
- Fixed 'Max amount of discount' setting behavior
- Links to User Guide added
- Some minor UI changes
- New Items Subselection condition which checks products ordered before
- New Stock Qty and Weigh can be used as product conditions
- Minor localization fixes
- Added new condition in Condition section - "Subtotal Without Special Price"
- New feature: possibility to display banners for promotion rules
- Code refactoring to improve compatibility
- A number of general improvements
- Added sample rules for the first time installation
- Added warnings about wrong condition usage
- Fixed issue with discount breakdown display in some cases
- New feature: time conditions for shopping cart price rules - possibility to make rule active only on specified days within specified period of time
- PHP 7 compatibility
- Long waited option to set discount on original price, not special or discounted item price
- New type of rules: Each N-th with discount, but only after M products
- "Buy X get N of Y" special promotion rules
- A setting if to skip items with tier price
- New code structure to provide flexible options to customize discount logic.
- Functionality from Promotions Manager extension included
- Improvements for "Buy X get Y" special promotion
- Discounts on bundle items are now more flexible
- Product set rules are now easier to configure
- Now you can exclude products with catalog price rules discount from promotions
- Bundle and virtual product support for Magento CE 1.9 and EE 1.14
- New drop-down structure for actions settings
- new action: Each Group of N with Percent Discount
- New action: fixed price for product set. For example "buy mobile phone, memory card and the case for $99 in total"
- New action: percent discount for product set. For example "when buying shoes and jacket together, each item gets 10% off"
- Custom Options Values and SKUs, ability to check parent categories in child products for configurable
- Better custom options support
- Code refactoring. Fix for some payment methods and wrong invoices generations.
- Ability to use CUSTOM OPTIONS in the conditions
- 3 new types of actions
- Orders subselect condition
- Membership attribute in customer conditions
- Fixes for configuration and bundles
- Fix of '1 cent' error for XY promotions
- 2 new actions.
- Ability to use any customer attributes in conditions section, including the ones created with our Customer Attributes module.
- New action 'All product after N for Fixed Price'. Let's you create specials like 'Buy 4 shirts for full price and get each additional one for $20' or 'Buy 5 items and get each additional one for $100' and so on.
- New action 'All product after N with Discount'. Enables you to have discount rules like 'Buy 3 chairs for full price and get each additional one with 20% discount' or 'Buy 2 books for full price and get 2 more with 50% discount', etc.