Do you manage hundreds of email addresses, want to increase your customer engagement and build a mailing list that aligns with your marketing strategy? Klaviyo is the right email marketing solution for you. In this article, we will discuss the differences between Klaviyo and MailChimp so that you can choose the right one for your business. Read on to know more about each company and their pros and cons before making a decision.
What is Klaviyo?
Klaviyo is an email marketing software that allows businesses to create email campaigns, send email, and track the performance. The company was founded in 2014 and offers an all-in-one solution for small businesses to build an email list, send email and manage the data. With the help of Klaviyo, businesses can use email marketing to collect contact information, increase brand awareness, and deepen customer relationships by automating the process of collecting emails. Businesses can also use Klaviyo email marketing software to engage with their customers through content marketing. The emails generated by Klaviyo are easy to manage and track. Klaviyo helps businesses build a professional email list and manage the collected data in a sleek and easy-to-use interface. When you sign up for an account, you can choose to use the free or paid version of the software. The free version has limited functionality, but it is enough for basic email marketing needs.
MailChimp is a software that provides email marketing services. The company was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in the United States. As of 2019, MailChimp claims to have powered more than 1.5 billion email campaigns. On top of email marketing, MailChimp can also be used for website marketing and content marketing. MailChimp was one of the first email marketing services on the market. The company offers email marketing software for a wide range of platforms, including Gmail, Outlook, Apple Mail, and more. It’s easy to set up and use, making it a great choice for small businesses needing an integrated email solution for collecting contacts, sending email, and managing the data.
Difference Between Klaviyo and Mailchimp
- MailChimp is a software that provides email marketing services.
- Klaviyo is an email marketing solution that allows businesses to build an email list, send email, and manage the data.
- MailChimp is free for up to 500 emails per month.
- Klaviyo is free for up to 10,000 emails per month.
- MailChimp’s monthly plans start at $20/month.
- Klaviyo’s monthly plan starts at $39/month.
- MailChimp has a wide range of email marketing integrations, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Klaviyo has a wide range of email marketing integrations, such as Google and Instagram.
- Easy to use and learn - Every business has different email marketing needs, and the emails sent through email marketing software need to be customized for each customer. With Klaviyo, you can set up different templates and use automated emails to collect emails and build a mailing list. Once your emails are approved and in the subscribers’ inboxes, you can use A/B testing to test different messages and see how your customers respond. This data allows you to customize your emails for each customer and increase response rates.
- Control of Data - One of the biggest challenges for businesses is collecting emails. With email marketing, you can set up different email autoresponders and click-to-sign sign-up forms. However, these options leave your customers with the impression that you are constantly reaching out to them. With email marketing software, you can set up a permanent email address and control the data. You can also set up a series of emails that your customers can choose to click or skip.
- High Engagement Rate - Email marketing is a powerful tool for engagement and retention. With Klaviyo, you can use automated emails and custom content to engage with your customers and build a relationship with them. If you want to see the engagement rate of your emails, you can use email marketing software and see how many emails are opened, how many are clicked, and how many are replied to.
- Easy Management - Email marketing is a tedious process. It involves collecting emails, building and sending emails, and managing the data. With email management software, you can see the campaign statistics, including number of opens, clicks, and replies. You can also segment your subscribers based on their preferences and send them personalized emails.
- Limited Functionality - If you sign up for the free version, you will get access to a limited set of features. However, these features are enough for basic email marketing needs.
- Higher Limitations - The free version of Klaviyo has a daily data transfer limit of 1 GB. If you send high volumes of emails, this may affect the performance of your emails. To solve this problem, you can use Mailchimp’s DNS service.
- Limited Integration - Another drawback of Klaviyo is that it has a limited set of integrations, compared to Mailchimp.
- Higher Price - Unlike Mailchimp, Klaviyo has a paid version. If you want to access advanced features, such as A/B testing, segmentation, and real-time reporting, you need to pay $39/month.
- No Support - Unlike Mailchimp, Klaviyo offers no support for their paid plans.
- Limited Integrations - MailChimp has a wide range of email marketing integrations. However, Klaviyo has a wider range of integrations, including Google and Instagram.
- No Support - MailChimp offers 24/7 support for their premium plan. Though Klaviyo has no official support, you can try to contact their founders.
- Limitations - The free version of MailChimp has a daily data transfer limit of 1 GB. If you send high volumes of emails, this may affect the performance of your emails. To solve this problem, you can use DNS service.
- Limited Functionality - The free version of MailChimp has a limited set of functionality, compared to Klaviyo.
- Higher Price - The free version of MailChimp is free up to 500 emails per month. Though Klaviyo has a free version, it has a higher limit for sending emails.
- No Support - The free version of MailChimp has no support for their paid plans.