GDPR for Magento 2
Magento 2 GDPR extension is designed to help online stores comply with the latest legislative EU requirements and strengthen data security and privacy. Make sure your site asks for all required consents to be ahead of the competition!
- Obtain users consents on the registration, checkout and contact us pages
- Ask users for privacy consents in the newsletter subscription form
- Let customers edit their privacy consents any time
- Get users deletion requests and manage them in one place
- Notify customers about all actions with their personal data
WITH GDPR REQUIREMENTS
Magento 2 GDPR module is designed to strengthen the data security and privacy in your online store: ask users for privacy consents, allow customers to download, anonymise and delete their personal data, change your data protection policy and ask customers to agree with the new terms.
What benefits do you get for your store
Avoid penalties for breaching GDPR by observing users civil rights
Increase customers’ loyalty and confidence by protecting their data
Collect and process customers data in a transparent and efficient way
Get users privacy consents from the registration page
Ask users for privacy consents while making orders and payments
Add privacy consent checkbox on contact us page
Ask users to tap privacy checkbox while subscribing to the newsletter
Anonymise personal data of orders without invoices and shipment info or orders made by guest visitors in the status ‘Closed’.
Inform customers about the account anonymisation
Let your store admin know about new personal data deletion requests
Notify customers about the account deletion
Inform customers about the reasons why the account wasn’t deleted
More Features for Magento 2 GDPR
- Manage all existing cron tasks on a handy Cron Tasks List grid in the backend
- Let customer revoke a consent
- Specify which cookie files won't be used for customers
- Detect customer location via GeoIP, with IPv6 support
- Track customer consents email queue in a handy grid
- Export list of customers by given consents
- Upload the latest Geo IP Database
Save $99 and get fully compliant with both GDPR and EU Cookie Law with the included Magento 2 Cookie Consent extension.
Magento 2 GDPR: fast answers to troubling questions
What GDPR means?
GDPR is the result of the EU’s data protection reform. It’s a new regulation that is aimed to enable a set of information protection standards in order to (a) clear up how EU residents’ personal data is utilized by international businesses and (b) make them protected from privacy and data breaches.
Why does the GDPR exist and when does it come into force?
In far 2012, there were outlined plans for data protection reform. Later they were approved by the EU parliament, and the regulation, as we see it today, entered into force in May 2018. Now the law affects any e-commerce business even outside the EU.
What types of privacy data does the GDPR protect?
In simple terms, the law is developed to prevent the possibility to single out, contact, locate a person through their data.
Thus, you can’t collect/process users’:
- race and ethnicity;
- political, religious, philosophical beliefs, union membership;
- medical diagnosis, the provision of treatment, sex life and sexual orientation;
- any users’ genetic or biometric data.
What does GDPR compliance mean for e-commerce businesses?
To keep your Magento 2 GDPR-compliant, you need to:
- define your role;
- give your site visitors a clear notion of their data collection, if any;
- make sure they know their personal data can be processed, anonymized or deleted on the consent/request;
- respect their right to correct the personal data.
Find more information on how to devise Magento GDPR strategy.
Magento and GDPR
On top of the preparations, Magento called e-store owners to review some areas of their business. This particularly applies to plugins that gather or/and process such data. In our turn, we upgraded all our extensions that have something to do with it and released our GDPR modules. These extensions are aimed to solve the main challenges posed by the new regulations.
Cookies Policy acceptance is just a notification to the customer that the cookies are collected. Read the full answer to get more information.
Yes, our GDPR extension is fully compatible with PayPal payment method. Follow the link below to get more information.
What the Accept Cookies popup is for and what data is being collected?
Is Amasty GDPR extension compatible with PayPal?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
You can always download the recent version free of charge from your account
Installing an upgrade is easy — check now
- Improvement now, the feature of CSV exporting including more customers data
- Improvement we corrected the work of the anonymization feature
- Compatibility with Amasty One Step Checkout was enhanced
- Fix the issue with missing package after installing through composer was resolved
- Compatibility we enhanced the compatibility with the third-party extensions
- New unit tests were added to the Geo IP Data module
- Improvement the code of the Geo IP Data module was refactored
- Improvement the Privacy Police checkbox validation process was enhanced, solving possible issues on the checkout page
- Compatibility the compatibility of Geo IP Data module with Magento 2.1.x was enhanced
- Improvement IPv6 support was added to Geo IP detection.
- Improvement the possibility to upload the latest Geo IP Database was added
- Fix error on the policy grid was fixed
- New introducing a Cookie Management page. Now a user is able to activate or deactivate certain cookie groups. Admin is able to create new groups for cookies.
- New added setting to enable/disable extension
- Improvement consent validation at the checkout page was improved. Possible issues on the payment step were resolved
- New we have added Ajax to the allowing/disallowing cookies. No page reload will happen after action with cookies.
- Fix the issue with two checkboxes at the Contact Us page was resolved
- Fix the issue with deletion of account if the DoB and the Gender are required fields was resolved
- Improvement the translation of the Current Password label was added
- Fix the issue with disabling all privacy policies was resolved
- Fix the issue with not including multiple addresses in a customer information file was resolved
- Fix the "Element with ID 'amasty_gdpr_checkbox' already exists" issue on the contact page wile submission was resolved
- Fix the issue with wrong geolocation detection was resolved
- Improvement the extension's cooperation with Full Page Cache was improved
- New the ability to revoke the cookie concent was added
- New the ability to restrict the access to the website until the cookie consent is given was added
- New the notification for an admin on the customer's personal data delete request was added
- New now the "customers with consent" grid contains more data: the website/store view, the place of the given consent and the IP address of the customer
- Improvement the personal data anonymization process was improved for the Invoice/Shipment grids
- Fix the possible issues with not working consent checkbox on the checkout page were resolved
- New now the list of EU countries is editable from the admin panel
- New now the cookie bar can be placed at the top of the screen
- Improvement the process of saving a customer's consent was improved
- New the ability to switch ON/OFF personal data anonymization, deletion and download actions for customers was added
- New the ability to anonymize personal data of an order made by a guest was added
- Improvement the ability to anonymize the 3rd party extension customer attributes was added
- Improvement now, a customer can download, anonymize or delete its personal data only after entering the password
- Improvement the notification for a customer when an account has been deleted was improved
- Fix the issue with the email language was resolved
- Fix the issue with the customer login URL in the consent emails was resolved
- Improvement the stability enhancement was implemented
- Fix the possibility of appearing JS errors was resolved
- Improvement the extension settings was slightly improved
- Improvement the stability enhancement was implemented
- Compatibility the compatibility with the 3rd party checkout extensions was improved
- Fix the issue with the page reload when clicking on the policy was fixed
- New the ability to disallow optional cookies was added
- Improvement the location detection via GeoIP data was improved
- Improvement the extension's translation file was enhanced