Improved Sorting for Magento 2
Improved sorting for Magento 2 is an effective tool for store-owners who care about their customers. Increase the usability of your catalog with new search options! Let your potential clients browse catalog or categories by any comfortable parameters.
- Offer each customer a suitable sorting option
- Focus on better performing products
- Sort out-of-stock products and items without an image last
- Change sorting order when you need
- Fully optimized for mobile
- Jet Theme by Amasty full compatibility
Catalog usability is one of the factors that influence customer shopping experience. If the first products your visitors see in the lists are uninteresting for them, it’s hardly possible they will go on scrolling down. The default sorting options are limited and they do not allow shoppers to sort products in a suitable way, and it makes the searching process complicated for your customers. Moreover, a store admin can’t promote particular products.
Improved Sorting extension for Magento 2 is a navigation tool, meant to enrich your customers’ shopping experience and grow sales thanks to high product relevance. It allows potential clients to search for the right product in a convenient way. Magento 2 shoppers can sort products by position, rating, best sellers and other attributes that are important to them. Admins, in their turns, can reorder sorting options to boost the purchases of particular groups of products.
Sorting Products by Newest in Magento
- Install and enable the Improved sorting plugin.
- Go to Stores > Configuration > Amasty Extensions > Improved Sorting and open the Sorting by Default tab.
- In the Default Sorting on Search Pages section, choose the New option from the First Sort by dropdown.
- In the Default Sorting on Category Pages section, make the same actions.
- Save the changes.
The extension provides you with a simple but efficient tool – featured products blocks. Add conditions for products selection and receive highly targeted offers for each particular page. Flexible options allow you to create any number of blocks and insert them via widgets or CMS to any page. Due to the automation options based on sorting, you can display various featured products:
- Best Sellers
- Most Viewed
- Now in Wishlists
- Top Rated
- and other
Promote top rated cross-sells on product pages
Boost your bestsellers right in the shopping cart
Display featured products block in a sidebar
Place popular products to the top of the page
Manually manage the order of products
Improved Sorting for Magento 2 allows both automatic and manual ordering products in bestsellers and most viewed lists. If you need to move some items up to sell them quicker, you can do it in a few clicks.
Enhanced quality and stability level
Now the extension's package contains MFTF tests to make the work of Improved Sotring extremely stable.
Due to the improved indexing mechanism, your category pages are loaded fast even if you have a very large catalog. The feature is extremely useful for big stores as the new sorting options do not affect store performance.
Ability to have descending order by default
In Magento all sort by options have ascending order. So if, for example, you would like to display most expensive items at the top, you can not do it. The extension enables you to display items from high to low.
Works with layered navigation
The extension enables customers to apply all sorting options to product lists generated by layered navigation.
Now the extension supports MySQL Full-text search engine. It is also read compatible with GraphQL and supports all sorting types added by plugin. Solr support will be added in the next versions.
Boost the sorting options of your web storeAlongside with the Improved Sorting extension, employ Amasty hit extension to create Magento 2 custom product collections with layered navigation.
How to change Magento 2 sort order?
- Given the extensions is enabled, go to Improved Sorting > General settings and choose the values to be excluded when sorting products in a category, say, disable sorting by Product Name;
- then, set a correct order of the sorting options using drag-and-drop;
- set up the display options - show products with/without images last; hide out-of-stocks or not and so on;
- save the changes or extend them with advanced settings described in the user guide.
How to sort by position in Magento 2?
Magento 2 offers 3 different options for listing products: by position, product name or price. Go to Catalog> Categories, select the category you want, and click the Display Settings tab to change the default sorting. Then go to the Default Product Listing Sort Byfield and select the option you need from the drop-down list. Don’t forget to save the changes.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
2.3.6, 2.3.6-p1, 2.4.0-p1, 2.4.1, 2.4.1-p1, 2.4.2
- Fix we resolved issue with sorting by Out of Stock Products last and No Images last using Elastic search engine
- Compatibility we modified compatibility with Amasty Elastic Search: if Relevance Rules are created and applicable, sorting by relevance will be of the highest priority, otherwise the Default Sorting settings are applied
- Compatibility we implemented compatibility fixes for functioning on Magento 2.1
- Improvement now MFTF tests consider the differences between approaches in Magento 2.3.5+ and Magento 2.4.0+ and are provided in separate packages via composer 'suggest'
- Fix we fixed the issue occurred upon orders placement
- Fix we corrected the sorting invalidation after reindex by cron in case of using Elasticsearch engine
- Improvement now the toggle of order changing for 'Price: high to low' and 'Price: low to high' sortings is hidden
- Improvement we reviewed and slightly updated the code to avoid order methods duplication
- Fix we resolved the issue with double deduction from salable quantity
- Fix we corrected price sorting application in case of already chosen sorting direction
- Fix we resolved issue with index process and Elastic Search engine
- Compatibility we rewrote Yotpo Reviews integration based on new api
- Improvement we added order creation by API to our MFTF tests
- Compatibility we reviewed and enhanced compatibility of the plugin with split database performance solution
- Compatibility compatibility with read GraphQL was enhanced: now it supports sorting Labels which are available for modification in plugin's configuration, and also displaying of comparison trigger in widget
- New now the plugin's package contains MFTF tests aimed at quality and stability enhancement
- Compatibility we improved extension's compatibility with Magento Elasticsearch
- Improvement we implemented minor code and performance improvements
- Compatibility compatibility with read GraphQL was enhanced: now it supports all sorting types added by plugin
- Compatibility now the module is read compatible with GraphQL
- Compatibility compatibility with Yotpo Reviews was enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.2 and MSI was improved
- Improvement we reviewed and enhanced plugin’s behavior regarding configurable products and their stock status
- Fix minor issues were fixed
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.2 and ElasticSearch was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with Yotpo Reviews (version 2.7.5) was improved
- New ability to manage all existing cron tasks on a Cron Tasks List grid in backend was added. Run cron tasks and generate their schedule by clicking the ‘Run Cron’ button. Also, delete tasks in bulk, apply filtering and sorting options when it is needed
- Compatibility compatibility with MSI coming with Magento 2.30. was improved
- Compatibility the compatibility with Yotpo reviews was improved
- Fix an issue with Newest sorting type was resolved
- Fix an issue with XSS injection in the admin name fields was resolved
- Improvement ability to translate the Price: high to low and Price: low to high sorting options was added
- Fix an issue with Default Sorting on Category Pages was resolved
- Compatibility splitted database compatibility was added
- New ability to sort products by 'Price - Low to High' and 'Price - High to Low' on the product listing page was added so that customers can quickly find the desired products
- Improvement the configuration settings were enhanced
- Fix the issue with Featured product block was resolved
- New allows to specify the way the products should be sorted on the search result page and on the category pages and have a full control on how to display the products. Admin is able to set the the primal method and the following two algorithms.
- Improvement the 'Sort attributes descending by default' setting logic was improved. Not selected attributes will have ascending sorting
- Improvement the 'Sorting Order' setting now displays only active sorting methods.
- Improvement code improvements were made
- New allows to create featured products (bestsellers, most popular products and other sorting types) widget based on sorting options and display it on any Magento page
- Fix the problem with Top Rated sorting was resolved
- Fix the problem with the sorting indexer time was resolved
- New the information section was added. Now, you can see the version of the installed extension, available updates, the user guide link, conflicts and other useful information right on the module configuration page
- Improvement the minor code improvement was implemented
- New allows to configure the sorting options position in backend in order to get the 'Sort by' list positioned properly on the front end
- New allows to sort by Yotpo reviews instead of default Magento reviews
- Improvement now it determines the out of stock products based on Out-of-Stock Threshold setting
- Improvement sort attributes order is descending by default
- Improvement added reindexing to install data script
- Improved the compatibility with 3rd party elasticsuite
- New added the possibility to get the products sorting query in the log file (/var/log/system.log)
- Minor fixes
- Added the primary keys to the db tables
- Fixed an issue with indexer
- Magento 2.2 compatibility tested and confirmed
- Invalidate index for indexer_mode = "Update by Schedule" only
- New indexing algorithm according with the magento devdocs guides
- Back end interface changes and improvements
- Ability to set custom label for the sorting methods
- Revised the sorting by 'Reviews Count'
- Performance and security enhancements
- Corrections to composer.json for correct extension installation
- Fixed default sorting
- Minor improvements
- Translation phrases added
- Fix ACL permissions