Customer Attributes for Magento 2
Display additional attribute fields on the registration page to collect important customer data. Create customer attributes of various types to effectively gather as much information as you need.
- Show extra attributes of different input types
- Manage customer attributes from the admin panel
- Effectively process collected customer data
- Use additional attributes in email templates
- Generate handy attribute usage reports
It's not a secret that the more you know about customers, the more effective your marketing strategy will be. Unfortunately, standard Magento registration fields will hardly enrich you with necessary data. Therefore, it's high time to equip your online store with an effective tool which allows adding an unlimited number of customer attribute fields to the registration page and get any information about newly registered and already existing clients.
Collect any customer's information you need
Choose among the variety of customer attributes input types:
- Text field and text area;
- Multiple select;
- Multiple checkbox select with images;
- Single radio select with images;
- Customer group selector;
- Static text;
- Single file upload;
Improve store usability
Display images for checkbox and radio button input types
The Magento 2 customer attributes tool helps customers to select the necessary answer variant by equipping text descriptions with clear images. Images will definitely make your registration visually attractive and enhance customer shopping experience.
Show static information on the registration page
Customize attributes for different store views
With the customer attribute Magento 2 tool it's possible to specify unique field title and values for each store view. It's also possible to regulate the number of additional attribute fields for each particular store view.
Let shoppers choose customer groups
Enable customers to select a customer group during registration and automatically approve them. This way you'll save a lot of time on customer group segmentation.
Enable customers to upload additional files
With this option customers will be able to upload/attach extra files right on the registration page or during the checkout process. This way they'll be able to attach any pictures, sketches etc. to get custom products like mugs, calendars, pillows.
Manage customer attributes display
Display extra attributes on the registration page
To collect as much customer data as possible you can show additional fields on the account registration page as well as on the checkout page (for those customers who get registered during the checkout process).
See all created attributes on the grid
All categories added to your Magento 2 store are displayed on a special grid where you'll find information on attribute type, sort order as well as about the page where each particular attribute is displayed.
Create attribute relations
Magento 2 Customer Attributes extension provides you with a capability to assign any attributes to a 'parent' one to make them visible only when a customer selects a specific value of the 'parent' attribute.
Hide attribute fields that were filled in before
To streamline the checkout and registration process you can hide the attribute fields which were filled in once. This way you'll make shopping in your store more convenient and improve customer experience.
Analyze customer behavior
Generate handy reports with visual graphs
With the 'Reports' option all admin users can keep track of customer attribute usage. The module displays a detailed stats report with handy diagrams based on such attributes as drop-downs, checkboxes, radio buttons and multiple selects.
Efficiently analyze customers behavior
Add Magento 2 Advanced Reports extension to take full control over the abandonment rate, see the percentage of new and returning customers and analyze the store conversion to optimize your marketing strategy. According to the statistics, the extension can cover each business need in synergy with the following solution: magento 2 order extension attributes.
How to add a customer attribute in Magento 2?
- Install and enable the Customer Attributes extension by Amasty.
- Go to Customers > Customer Attributes > Manage Attributes and hit the Add Attribute button.
- Configure specific attribute settings. Carefully set Attribute Code and Catalog Input Type. Once set, these values can’t be changed.
- Configure display settings. Specify site locations and conditions for hiding/showing the attribute.
- Configure Attribute Management options. Set Default Store View (title visible on the frontend). For selectable attributes, set up the necessary attribute values and choose to be preselected by default.
You can also work with customer attributes programmatically. Click here to see how.
Use more customer attributes in your templates
Employ Magento 2 PDF Invoice and add any custom information to your templates to make your invoices individual and corresponding your business needs. Easily create custom invoices without any programming skills.
Target your products to different customer groupsAdd Magento 2 Customer Group Catalog to build a beneficial sales strategy. Flexibly adjust prices and products visibility to meet the needs of different customer groups. Meanwhile, we have a magento 2 custom price with the same functionality that you may find useful.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Thanks again for top customer service!
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
Magento 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 (including 2.3.4)
- Fix we solved the problem with Single File Upload attribute on Magento 2.3.3
- Fix we solved the problem with escaping HTML in attribute values
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty PDF Customizer was improved. Now you can use more customer attributes in your templates.
- Fix we solved the problem with displaying order attributes on Account Information page and Registration page
- Fix we solved the problem with order placing with a Multiple Checkbox parent attribute
- Fix we solved the problem with saving customer attributes while reordering
- Improvement we reviewed and enhanced the code
- Fix we solved the problem with notice "Attribute value is empty" on checkout page
- Fix we resolved the problem with attributes linked to General customer group
- Fix we solved the problem with "Multiple Checkbox Select with Images"
- Fix we solved the problem with displaying attributes which require value only on frontend
- Fix the issue with attribute type "Multiple Checkbox Select with Images" was fixed
- Fix the issue with default Date attribute was resolved
- Fix the issue with predefined customer attributes for new orders as resolved
- Improvement the code was improved for saving dependent attributes. Now the extension operates faster
- Fix the issue when payment restriction doesn't work properly with customer attributes was resolved
- Fix the issue with creating an order from the admin area on Magento 2.2.7 was resolved
- Compatibility the compatibility with Amasty One Page Checkout was enhanced
- Fix the issue with the exporting data to .csv file was resolved
- Fix the issue with the missing resource "calendar.png" was resolved
- Improvement now the 'checkbox' type attribute can be used while creating an order from the admin panel
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento 2.3 was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento 2.2.6 was enhanced
- Fix the issue with not saving a customer attribute in an order was resolved
- Fix the issue with saving the drop-down type attribute on Magento 2.2.6 was resolved
- Fix the issue with saving the date type attributes was resolved
- Fix the issue with the 'Multiple Checkbox Select with Images' attribute type on the checkout page was resolved
- Fix the issue when creating a customer account with no existing customer attributes was fixed
- New on the registration page it is possible to set the form values after the form submission has failed
- Compatibility the compatibility with the 3rd party extensions was enhanced
- Fix the issue with the 'static text' attribute was resolved
- Fix the issue with the Paypal gateway was resolved
- Fix the issue with the export multiselect field was resolved
- Fix the issue when saving a blank value was resolved
- Fix the issue with the incorrect date format saving was resolved
- Fixed an issue with the attributes saving
- Setup issue during the Magento installation was fixed
- Fixed an issue with the datepicker display on the checkout page
- Fixed an issue with saving new customers on Magento 2.1.x
- Fixed an issue with removing hidden attributes on the customer account page
- Fixed an issue with saving customer attributes on checkout page for Magento Commerce and Enterprise Editions
- Fixed an issue with updating a multi-select attribute using API
- Fixed an issue with JS on the customer registration page
- Fixed an issue with the parent attributes display on the checkout page
- Fixed a notice on the order grid page when a multiselect attribute is displayed on the grid
- Implemented a minor JS fix
- Fixed issue with saving customer if using a defined Texta Area Atrribute
- Fixed issue with multi image select
- Fixed an issue with hiding attributes on the customer grid
- Fixed an issue with variables in emails
- Fixed an issue with incorrect export of custom attributes to CSV
- Fixed an issue with attributes values on the customer grid
- Fixed an issue on Magento Commerce - remove the custom_attributes display from review page
- Fixed a fatal error with adding variables to email
- Fixed a check for not visible required attributes
- Fixed an issue with downloading images
- We made a lot of minor fixes and code improvements
- Magento 2.2 compatibility is tested and confirmed
- Fixed an issue with duplicates when updating options of customer group selector
- Fixed an issue with the attribute dependant on multiple parent attributes
- Fixed an issue with redirect back to the attribute grid when saving the attribute
- Fixed an issue with the missing shipping methods during order creation when the Multiple Select (with Images) is empty
- Other minor bugfixes & stability improvements
- Fixed the customer creation issue with the dependent attributes
- Fixed an issue with customer group attribute
- File upload compatibility with M2.1.5
- Ability to use var customer.getData('attribute_name') variable in order-related emails
- Fix for downloadable attributes in the backend
- Few minor fixes
- Compatibility improvement for Order Attributes extension and Extended Order Grid extension
- Allows to create the dependent attributes, i.e. to display certain attributes only when a particular value of other attribute was selected
- Fixed an issue with the Manage Label / Options panel did not update for all input types
- Minor bug fix
- Minor fix for saving attributes for guest orders
- Added button to refresh Customer Group Options
- Bugfix for "Customer Group" attribute type
- Ability to show customer attributes on order grid
- Minor bugfixes
- Fix "Allow customers to change their group" setting
- Minor bugfixes