Elastic Search for Magento 2
- Autocomplete suggestions & spell corrections
- Partial search by SKU, name, attributes, category
- Product attribute weight settings
- Synonyms & stop words
- Multi-lingual search
- Responsive & mobile-friendly
What is Elasticsearch?
Developed in Java, Elasticsearch is an open-source search/analytics engine that suggests more precise results for more queries. The integrated solution is apt to deliver scalable real-time search and work with facetting and multitenancy. The stack of technologies comprises autocomplete search, autocorrection for misspelled words, synonym results, a full-text search involving all your site content and more. We’ve gone beyond that and made it more flexible. Our add-on works w/t Elasticsearch 6+ and comprises wildcard partial/fallback search, error tolerance, search query, out-of-stock items hiding, and more useful options.
Why use Elasticsearch with Magento 2?
Since 2010, Elasticsearch is known as a powerful tool for search and logging. Why do merchants choose it? Firstly, they do this for better search. When searching a lot of text common relational database management systems (RDBMS) don't do well because of the lack of the needed configuration and proper performance. When turning to Elastic, we see that you can customize it to your store unique showings, as well as empower with numerous add-ons. Secondly, merchants opt for Elasticsearch to store data logged from multiple sources in one place for the sake of its easier analyzation. Thus, Magento 2 Elastic Search covers any merchant’s basic needs - it reduces search time and improves the customer experience, thus, has a positive impact on conversions.
How the ElasticSearch works
How does the Elasticsearch technology
make your web store faster?
How does indexing via ElasticSearch work?
To ensure logical storing of scattered data and its faster processing, which directly affects your Magento 2 frontend performance, our Elasticsearch uses indexes. What’s more, the indexes come with long-term persistence thanks to the native ‘gateway’ feature of the Elasticsearch engine. Thus, you achieve fast page loading and the option to recover all the indexes exactly from the gateway in case of a server technical problems or even crash.
With Cutting-Edge Features
Since all centers around the customers with their longing to find something special, ElasticSearch for Magento 2 takes a search in e-commerce with all the seriousness it deserves. Based on powerful ElasticSearch engine, the extension copes with the variety of shoppers appetites to respond with accuracy that will impress them, and naturally smooth their experience.How exactly it helps?
In a shop with no elastic search, shopping experience may be ruined, as search turns into clicking through pages with goods that vary in relevance. With elastic search in place, a Magento 2 shopper can get a certain search results order with relevance decreasing from top to bottom of the list. And with our module, shopping experience may be boosted further. Check out all features below.
Full Text Content Search
Full Compatibility With Layered Navigation
Extensible Search Query
Make data-driven decisions with a smart Search Analytics tool
- total searches;
- unique searches;
- the number of users;
- users’ engagement.
Boost Promo Rules
Product Attribute Weight
Results for categories, CMS, brand, landing pages
In the search pop-up, there is a handy section with links to the categories, brand, blog, CMS and landing pages that contain search results.
Recent and Popular Searches
Display clickable popular and recent searches to let your customers be aware of trends and worth-while products.
Benefit from the multilingual support allowing your visitors to search in their native language. The pre-installed sets of stopwords in 18 languages.
Out-of-stock items in the search results
The module moves the out-of-stock items to the end of the search results, thus offering the available variants first.
NEW | Singular/Plural Forms Search
NEW | Custom Analyzers
Magento 2 Elasticsearch: features and tweaks
- search results tabs for Categories, CMS, Landing pages
- specify SEO URL key for the default search results page
- redirect to the search results from broken URLs
- supported Elastic Search Engine 5.x and 6.x
- full category path in a search pop-up
- exclude stop words from the search results
- NEW | Manage all cron tasks on a Cron Tasks List grid
Enhance Result Page with Layered Navigation
For shoppers, browsing may be time-consuming and somewhat annoying. This may result in their leaving and no conversions. Elastic Search combining with AJAX Layered Navigation, that significantly extends search results page, will help customers to reach what they are looking for in no time.
It is required to make sure that all the necessary configurations were made. First of all, please check what search engine is selected for your site in default Magento settings:
If compared we can say that Advanced Search extension is a part of Elastic Search that deals mainly with modifying the autocomplete popup by adding various product attributes to it and making it more user friendly. It also modified the search result page by adding separate tabs for products, categories, CMS and other entities. Read the full answer to learn more details.
After installation of Elastic Search extension the search in my site gives no results.
What is the difference between Elastic Search and Advanced Search extensions for Magento 2?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
They solved the issue within 1 day. Very suggested. Thanks a lot!
You can always download the recent version free of charge from your account
Installing an upgrade is easy — check now
- New we introduced a new functionality which adds related search queries to search result page
- Improvement we improved frontend user experience in case of elastic engine unavailability. If elastic engine suddenly gets off on your server, customer will see a user-friendly notification instead of error
- Improvement we improved search popup first byte time, which speeded up search and autocomplete window displaying
- Improvement we improved the redirect from 404 to search result page
- Compatibility we added compatibility with Amasty FAQ and Product Questions plugin. If search terms are included into existing FAQ categories and questions, corresponding findings will be shown in search autocomplete window and under separate tab on search results page
- Fix we resolved the issue with elastic mapping creation for new categories
- Fix the problem related to multi-threading indexation was resolved
- Fix the issue related to displaying of irrelevant search results using Stemming was fixed
- Fix issue with conflict between full and partial indexation was resolved
- Improvement we removed an overlay for autocomplete pop-up for better user experience
- Fix we fixed the problem with 'Add to compare' functionality in the search pop-up
- Fix we resolved an issue with sku with special characters missing in results on the search page
- Fix we resolved minor issue with 'Most Wanted Search Terms' grid pagination
- New we added a new feature to use Stemming Search with singular/plural words
- New we added a possibility to use additional analyses: Japanese (kuromoji) Analysis Plugin, Smart Chinese Analysis Plugin, Korean analysis plugin. Please note that installation of additional plugins is required
- Fix fixes with indexation, compatibility issues with Advanced Search and Search Popup were resolved
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.2 and product sorting was improved
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Improved Layered Navigation was enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Elastic Search 7.0 was fixed
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento v2.3.2 EE was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento v2.3.2 was enhanced
- Improvement the possibility of logging elastic search queries was added
- New the Most Wanted Search Terms and Recent Activity (Search Volume) grids data were added in backend
- New ability to manage all existing cron tasks on a Cron Tasks List grid in backend was added. Run cron tasks and generate their schedule by clicking the ‘Run Cron’ button. Also, delete tasks in bulk, apply filtering and sorting options when it is needed
- Improvement minor enhancements and fixes were made
- Improvement ability to enable indexation for autocomplete popup via backend setting was added
- Improvement the Engagement statistics now includes the page jumps to Brands, Categories, Blog, CMS & Landing pages
- Compatibility compatibility with the 3rd party extensions was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento 2.3.0 was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with Amasty Ajax Shopping Cart extension was added
- New new search autocomplete pop-up design was introduced
- New the Analytics Dashboard was added to provide admin with the report about the search volume based on users recent activity. Also admin is able to track the most popular search terms in the store
- Improvement the Popular and Recent search results in the autocomplete pop-up was enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento Commerce was enhanced
- Fix an issue with category index for multiple stores was resolved
- Fix an issue with product images missing in the autocomplete pop-up was resolved
- Fix an issue with 'More Products' count in the autocomplete pop-up was resolved
- Fix an issue with synonyms when using special chars on ElasticSearch 5.x was resolved
- Improvement the configuration settings were enhanced
- Fix an issue with 'More results' in autocomplete pop-up was resolved
- Fix an issue with search by Boolean option was resolved
- Fix an issue with filtering by '0' value was resolved
- Fix an issue with reindex with Elasticsearch 5.x if no synonyms was resolved
- Improvement the synonyms and stopword work was enhanced
- Improvement ability to add external entity to the elastic search index was added
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.0 was added
- Fix an issue with filtering on Magento 2.1 was resolved
- Fix the issue with saving system configuration was resolved
- Improvement the secure connection support
- Fix an issue with search by sku value was resolved
- Fix an issue with showing Out of stock simples of configurable product was resolved
- Improvement the performance of search results based on Relevance Rules was enhanced
- Fix the issue with the search results page when searching by SKU was resolved
- Fix the issue with not trimmed synonyms in the backend was resolved
- Improvement the back-end settings view was corrected
- Fix the issue related to not relevant results using AND mode was fixed
- Fix the issue with showing composite products was fixed
- New a separate tab on the Search result page for Brand pages was added
- Improvement the total results count added to the search popup
- Fix the issue on magento commerce cloud with required writing permissions for the file system was resolved.
- Fix the design issue with the Improved Layered Navigation slider elements over search popup was resolved
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Customer Group Catalog extension was enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.2.5 was improved
- New separate tabs on the Search result page for Category, CMS and Landing pages were added
- New the search by brand pages created with Amasty Shop by Brand extension was added
- New the ability to create rules to boost the products in the search results for better merchandising was added
- Improvement set FOLLOW for catalog search result page and advanced search result page
- Improvement if one product has been found in autocomplete popup it redirects to the product page by 'Enter' button click only
- Compatibility compatibility with ElasticSearch 6.3 was improved
- New introducing the 'Long Tail' Search for words that contain hyphens, slashes or any other non-alphabetic symbols and highly specific search phrases
- New allows to configure SEO URL Key for the default search results page
- Improvement configuration settings and comments was enhanced
- Improvement ability to include CSS style when the standard LESS functionality is missing was added
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.1 and lower was enhanced
- Fix an issue with the products block position on mobile was resolved
- Fix an issue related to elasticsearch library dependency was resolved
- Fix an issue with exception class does not exist was resolved
- New move 'out of stock' items to the end of the search result and show products which are available for purchase first
- Improvement now the full category path is visible on mouse over the category search result
- Improvement enhanced the full text results within CMS pages and blocks
- Fix an issue with the installation via composer was resolved
- Fix an issue with caching Recent and Popular search results on M2.1.9 was resolved
- Fix an issue with dependency in config was resolved
- Improvement search result based on attributes weights was enhanced
- Improvement added reindexing to install data script
- Improvement search by Amasty Landing Pages was enhanced
- Compatibility added compatibility with Amasty Parts Finder extension
- Fix an issue with the list of wildcard attributes in configuration settings was resolved