Elastic Search for Magento 2
Convert searches into sales with Elastic Search for Magento 2. Instantly show the most relevant search results to guide customers to what they’re looking for quicker.
- Full-text and full-website multilingual search
- Partial search by SKU, name, attribute, or category
- Autocomplete suggestions and typo corrections
- Add alternate search terms and words to ignore
- Optimized for working on all devices
What makes Elastic Search so efficient?
The most relevant data is delivered instantly with Elasticsearch’s thorough indexing.
Broad Search Capabilities
Custom synonym and stop word lists allow for a more natural experience when searching.
Customers may search by SKU, product name, description, or an attribute such as color or manufacturer.
Increase revenue with an improved search experience
Elastic Search indexing in Magento 2Elastic Search works with indexes to organize its data for quick processing. Through the Elasticsearch engine’s gateway feature, its indexes are equipped with long-term persistence. Elastic Search gives you fast page loading and recovery of indexes from the gateway in case of a server issue or crash.
Product Attribute Weight
Specify search weight for product attributes in the search algorithm to provide your customers with accurate results.
Full Text Content Search
Your customers can search the contents of your entire online store. Magento 2 Elastic Search module offers full text results within CMS pages and blocks.
Automatically offer your customers similar products when no items are found. With Fallback Search, alternative variants can be shown when zero items match the search query.
Support for Asian Languages
With support for Japanese, Chinese, and Korean languages, you can provide a better experience for more customers on a global scale. Learn more here.
Improve the quality of your search results to increase your add-to-cart rate
Exclude stop words from search results
Maintain fast search speeds with a small index by specifying a list of words to be ignored by the search engine. Manage your stop words anytime using a grid in the backend.
Single-result redirect to product page
This feature helps to significantly decrease the number of steps a customer makes between looking for some goods and making a purchase. You can also enable redirection from 404 pages to enhance the UX.
Not only does Elastic Search provide custom analyzers for Asian languages, it utilizes inbox stop words and supports inbox stemming from a rich list of languages including Arabic, Hindi, Greek, and more.
Manage tasks with Cron Tasks List
With Cron Tasks List built in, Elastic Search lets you manage and track all cron tasks running in the background. Filter, sort, and delete tasks in bulk when necessary.
Manage technical details
Redirect to search results from broken URLs
Reduce customer churn by setting up automatic redirection to search results. Excludes broken URLS that lead to 404 pages.
SEO-friendly short URLs
Choose to display short URLS in default search results. URLs will display simplified text such as “search/yellow” instead of “catalogsearch/results/q=yellow”.
Expand on Elastic Search’s functionality
- Improved Layered Navigation helps you build user-friendly navigation that enhances the customer shopping experience.
- Product Parts Finder provides advanced search options with product filters such as year, make, and model, for customers searching for auto parts.
Enhance store usability
with an advanced search solution
pick up one that suits your business needs
How to handle the most common e-commerce challenges
What is the advantage of Elasticsearch in Magento 2?
- Fast and advanced search for products in the catalog
- Easy to scale horizontally
- Multiple language support
- Out of the box performance
- Support for stop words and synonyms
- Accurate, powerful, and scalable
- Real-time data and analysis support
- Buyers are not interrupted during Elasticsearch reindexing
- Can be used as a document-oriented data warehouse
If compared we can say that Advanced Search extension is a part of Elastic Search that deals mainly with modifying the autocomplete popup by adding various product attributes to it and making it more user friendly. It also modified the search result page by adding separate tabs for products, categories, CMS and other entities. Read the full answer to learn more details.Read the FULL answer
Our Elastic Search extension is compatible with Elasticsearch engine 6.x versions and supports v.7.9.3. Read more for detailsRead the FULL answer
What is the difference between Elastic Search and Advanced Search extensions for Magento 2?
What version of the Elasticsearch engine does this extension support?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
They solved the issue within 1 day. Very suggested. Thanks a lot!
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
2.3.6, 2.3.6-p1, 2.4.0-p1, 2.4.1, 2.4.1-p1, 2.4.2
- New now Relevance Rules can be configured to work in autocomplete search popup as well
- New now you can preview products a Relevance Rule will be applied to
- Improvement we implemented significant modifications to the Relevance Rules functionality - now rules' data is indexed by Elastic
- Fix we corrected the filtration on Most Wanted Search Terms and Recent Activity grids
- Fix we fixed the exclusion of CMS Pages
- Compatibility we improved compatibility with other Amasty extensions that utilize the jQuery Slick library
- Fix we resolved the issue with GraphQL search queries returning empty results
- New we implemented the Elastic Search indexing for Categories, CMS, Amasty Blog, Landing, Brand and FAQ pages
- New now you can modify an empty search results page by inserting any CMS block with a custom content instead of the default message
- New we designed an option to show latest search queries for logged in customers for more convenient and less time-consuming repeat searches
- New we added a new block to an autocomplete popup to show customer’s recently visited products
- New we designed an integration with Amasty Improved Sorting extension: now you can display Bestsellers block right in the search popup to acquaint visitors with the most popular products of your store before they start searching
- Improvement now the creation of synonyms supports both upper and lowercase words
- Improvement we rechecked and established correct dependency on jQuery UI library
- Compatibility now customers can choose a wishlist for adding products from an autocomplete popup if multiple wishlist functionality is enabled on Magento Commerce
- Compatibility we updated and refactored extension’s GraphQL
- Fix we resolved the issue with missing images in the autocomplete popup
- Fix the extension works smoothly on all Magento 2.3.x versions taking into consideration the changes made by Magento in Advanced Search Collection starting from v2.3.4
- New GraphQL read compatibility was added
- Compatibility now the extension is compatible with Magento 2.4.1
- New we created a search widget which allows you to place additional search field with full searching functionality at any place on the store pages
- Fix we corrected the issue with searching by category if the search query is present in several category attributes
- Fix we corrected the functioning of ‘Show "Out of Stock" Products Last’ feature in case items are searched by the same search query
- Fix we corrected the applying of relevance rules upon GraphQl product searching
- Improvement now MFTF tests consider the differences between approaches in Magento 2.3.5+ and Magento 2.4.0+ and are provided in separate packages via composer 'suggest'
- New we added character filter mapping to convert specified keys to specified values upon searching
- Improvement we improved the design of autocomplete window
- Improvement we enhanced the usability of extension configuration by adding dependencies and comments
- Compatibility we improved compatibility with MSI
- Compatibility we enhanced compatibility with Amasty extensions which have searchable entities
- Fix we resolved the issue occurred on the storefront if any of the custom layout fields is empty
- Fix we corrected the adding of search terms
- Fix we adjusted the issue with incorrect quantity of products on search results page
- Fix we resolved the issue with incorrect counting of products depending on their stock
- Improvement now you can programmatically add any custom analyzer to extend the search functionality
- Fix we corrected extension's indexation in case of using ElasticSearch 5.x
- Fix we resolved the issue with ElasticSearch index prefix
- Improvement we implemented minor enhancements to extension's indexation
- Improvement we added a notifying warning in case of hardcoded Elastic Engine on the server
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Shop by Brand extension was improved
- Fix we corrected the display conditions of Test Connection button
- Fix we resolved issue with missing products in search popup with popup indexation enabled
- Improvement Advanced Search part of the extension is now covered by MFTF aimed at quality and stability enhancement
- New now searching by SKU of child product which is not visible individually will show associated parent product as a result
- Improvement we implemented enhancement of Autocomplete Popup indexation to avoid memory issues in case of large catalogs
- Compatibility we enhanced compatibility with Magento MSI
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.4 was improved
- Fix we corrected the relevance rules implementation
- Fix we resolved the issue with search requests containing quote marks
- Improvement we added validations for Elastic Search Server configuration
- Improvement we added a new option that allows you to control search field width - now you the field can keep the same width during searching process and doesn't get resized according to the width of autocomplete window
- Compatibility we enhanced the compatibility of extension with custom themes
- Fix we resolved issues which caused the malfunctioning of GraphQL function
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Shop by Brand was improved
- New we covered the majority of plugin's features with MFTF tests. It will help to improve quality and stability of our extension.
- Compatibility compatibility with the "Shared Catalogs" feature was improved
- Fix we have fixed issue with using stop words
- Improvement we added whitespaces validation to Stop Words functionality to avoid issues during indexation
- Improvement we reviewed and enhanced the logic of Popular Searches block in autocomplete popup
- Fix we corrected the issue with products sorting by stock in autocomplete popup
- Fix we resolved the incorrect behavior of search popup on mobile devices
- Fix we fixed the issue with incorrect URLs in autocomplete popup in case of 'Add Store Code to Urls' setting enabled
- Fix minor fixes were implemented
- New we introduced a new functionality which adds related search queries to search result page
- Improvement we improved frontend user experience in case of elastic engine unavailability. If elastic engine suddenly gets off on your server, customer will see a user-friendly notification instead of error
- Improvement we improved search popup first byte time, which speeded up search and autocomplete window displaying
- Improvement we improved the redirect from 404 to search result page
- Compatibility we added compatibility with Amasty FAQ and Product Questions plugin. If search terms are included into existing FAQ categories and questions, corresponding findings will be shown in search autocomplete window and under separate tab on search results page
- Fix we resolved the issue with elastic mapping creation for new categories
- Fix the problem related to multi-threading indexation was resolved
- Fix the issue related to displaying of irrelevant search results using Stemming was fixed
- Fix issue with conflict between full and partial indexation was resolved
- Improvement we removed an overlay for autocomplete pop-up for better user experience
- Fix we fixed the problem with 'Add to compare' functionality in the search pop-up
- Fix we resolved an issue with sku with special characters missing in results on the search page
- Fix we resolved minor issue with 'Most Wanted Search Terms' grid pagination
- New we added a new feature to use Stemming Search with singular/plural words
- New we added a possibility to use additional analyses: Japanese (kuromoji) Analysis Plugin, Smart Chinese Analysis Plugin, Korean analysis plugin. Please note that installation of additional plugins is required
- Fix fixes with indexation, compatibility issues with Advanced Search and Search Popup were resolved
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.2 and product sorting was improved
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Improved Layered Navigation was enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Elastic Search 7.0 was fixed
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento v2.3.2 EE was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento v2.3.2 was enhanced
- Improvement the possibility of logging elastic search queries was added
- New the Most Wanted Search Terms and Recent Activity (Search Volume) grids data were added in backend
- New ability to manage all existing cron tasks on a Cron Tasks List grid in backend was added. Run cron tasks and generate their schedule by clicking the ‘Run Cron’ button. Also, delete tasks in bulk, apply filtering and sorting options when it is needed
- Improvement minor enhancements and fixes were made
- Improvement ability to enable indexation for autocomplete popup via backend setting was added
- Improvement the Engagement statistics now includes the page jumps to Brands, Categories, Blog, CMS & Landing pages
- Compatibility compatibility with the 3rd party extensions was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento 2.3.0 was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with Amasty Ajax Shopping Cart extension was added
- New new search autocomplete pop-up design was introduced
- New the Analytics Dashboard was added to provide admin with the report about the search volume based on users recent activity. Also admin is able to track the most popular search terms in the store
- Improvement the Popular and Recent search results in the autocomplete pop-up was enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento Commerce was enhanced
- Fix an issue with category index for multiple stores was resolved
- Fix an issue with product images missing in the autocomplete pop-up was resolved
- Fix an issue with 'More Products' count in the autocomplete pop-up was resolved
- Fix an issue with synonyms when using special chars on ElasticSearch 5.x was resolved
- Improvement the configuration settings were enhanced
- Fix an issue with 'More results' in autocomplete pop-up was resolved
- Fix an issue with search by Boolean option was resolved
- Fix an issue with filtering by '0' value was resolved
- Fix an issue with reindex with Elasticsearch 5.x if no synonyms was resolved
- Improvement the synonyms and stopword work was enhanced
- Improvement ability to add external entity to the elastic search index was added
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.0 was added
- Fix an issue with filtering on Magento 2.1 was resolved
- Fix the issue with saving system configuration was resolved
- Improvement the secure connection support
- Fix an issue with search by sku value was resolved
- Fix an issue with showing Out of stock simples of configurable product was resolved
- Improvement the performance of search results based on Relevance Rules was enhanced
- Fix the issue with the search results page when searching by SKU was resolved
- Fix the issue with not trimmed synonyms in the backend was resolved
- Improvement the back-end settings view was corrected
- Fix the issue related to not relevant results using AND mode was fixed
- Fix the issue with showing composite products was fixed
- New a separate tab on the Search result page for Brand pages was added
- Improvement the total results count added to the search popup
- Fix the issue on magento commerce cloud with required writing permissions for the file system was resolved.
- Fix the design issue with the Improved Layered Navigation slider elements over search popup was resolved
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Customer Group Catalog extension was enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.2.5 was improved
- New separate tabs on the Search result page for Category, CMS and Landing pages were added
- New the search by brand pages created with Amasty Shop by Brand extension was added
- New the ability to create rules to boost the products in the search results for better merchandising was added
- Improvement set FOLLOW for catalog search result page and advanced search result page
- Improvement if one product has been found in autocomplete popup it redirects to the product page by 'Enter' button click only
- Compatibility compatibility with ElasticSearch 6.3 was improved
- New introducing the 'Long Tail' Search for words that contain hyphens, slashes or any other non-alphabetic symbols and highly specific search phrases
- New allows to configure SEO URL Key for the default search results page
- Improvement configuration settings and comments was enhanced
- Improvement ability to include CSS style when the standard LESS functionality is missing was added
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.1 and lower was enhanced
- Fix an issue with the products block position on mobile was resolved
- Fix an issue related to elasticsearch library dependency was resolved
- Fix an issue with exception class does not exist was resolved
- New move 'out of stock' items to the end of the search result and show products which are available for purchase first
- Improvement now the full category path is visible on mouse over the category search result
- Improvement enhanced the full text results within CMS pages and blocks
- Fix an issue with the installation via composer was resolved
- Fix an issue with caching Recent and Popular search results on M2.1.9 was resolved
- Fix an issue with dependency in config was resolved
- Improvement search result based on attributes weights was enhanced
- Improvement added reindexing to install data script
- Improvement search by Amasty Landing Pages was enhanced
- Compatibility added compatibility with Amasty Parts Finder extension
- Fix an issue with the list of wildcard attributes in configuration settings was resolved