Elastic Search for Magento 2
Convert search queries into purchases with Elastic Search for Magento 2. Instantly show the most relevant search results aggregated from all over the store and thus directly lead shoppers to their desired products.
- Full-text and full-website multilingual search
- Partial search by SKU, name, attributes, category
- Autocomplete suggestions and typo corrections
- Dictionary of the synonyms and stop words
- Optimized for working on all devices
Why Elastic Search is so efficient?
Because it's Fast
Customers receive the most relevant data instantly as with Magento 2 Elasticsearch, everything is properly indexed.
Because it's Comprehensive
Users are led to their desired products no matter what they type as Elastic understands synonyms, excludes stop words, and many more.
Because it's Flexible
Shoppers can freely search by SKU, product name, full and short descriptions and attributes like color or manufacturer.
Improve search experience of your customers to attract more revenue
How does indexing via Elastic Search work in Magento 2To ensure logical storing of scattered data and its faster processing, our Elastic Search uses indexes. They come with long-term persistence thanks to the native ‘gateway’ feature of the Elasticsearch engine. Thus, you achieve fast page loading and the option to recover all the indexes exactly from the gateway in case of a server technical problems or even crash.
Product Attribute Weight
Your customers will get more precise results, when you specify search weight for product attributes. This will be implemented in the search algorithm.
Full Text Content Search
Let your customers search through all the content of your web store. Magento 2 Elastic Search module returns the full text results within CMS pages and blocks.
With the fallback feature, return alternative variants, when there are 0 found items. Offer your customers other similar products automatically.
Asian languages support
The extension includes custom analyzers for Japanese, Chinese and Korean languages to provide optimal shopping experience on a global level. See more details here.
Strengthen the quality of search results and increase your add-to-cart rate
Exclude stop words from the results
Keep index small and maintain high search speed by specifying the list of words to be ignored by the search engine. Manage the stop words from the backend anytime on a grid.
Manage tasks via Cron Tasks List
Thanks to the pre-integrated Cron Tasks List the extension allows you to manage and track all cron tasks running on the website background. Delete separate tasks in bulk, apply filtering and sorting options if needed.
Apart from the custom analyzers for Asian languages, the extension can use inbox stopwords and supports inbox stemming from the rich list of languages, including Arabic, Hindi, Greek and many more.
One-result redirect to product page
This feature helps to significantly decrease the number of steps a customer makes between looking for some goods and making a purchase. You can also enable redirection from 404 pages to enhance the UX.
Keep important technical nuances under control
Redirect to the search results from broken URLs
Decrease customer churn caused by chaotic user flow. Exclude broken URLs leading to the 404 page from your customers’ path by setting up automatic redirection to search results.
Specify SEO URL key for the default search results
Set up SEO-friendly short URLs for the default search results to simplify user experience. For example, an URL will look 'search/yellow' instead of 'catalogsearch/results/q=yellow'.
Broaden the original functionality with compatibility opportunities
- Improved Layered Navigation helps to build user-friendly navigation to improve customer shopping experience.
- Product Parts Finder provides advanced searching options (e.g. year-make-model and other product filters) for the customers looking for auto repair parts.
Enhance store usability
with an advanced search solution
pick up one that suits your business needs
Three hints on how to solve the most essential challenges every store faces with
It is required to make sure that all the necessary configurations were made. First of all, please check what search engine is selected for your site in default Magento settings:Read the FULL answer
If compared we can say that Advanced Search extension is a part of Elastic Search that deals mainly with modifying the autocomplete popup by adding various product attributes to it and making it more user friendly. It also modified the search result page by adding separate tabs for products, categories, CMS and other entities. Read the full answer to learn more details.Read the FULL answer
After installation of Elastic Search extension the search in my site gives no results.
What is the difference between Elastic Search and Advanced Search extensions for Magento 2?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
They solved the issue within 1 day. Very suggested. Thanks a lot!
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
Magento 2.2, 2.3, 2.4
- Compatibility we updated and refactored extension’s GraphQL
- Fix we resolved the issue with missing images in the autocomplete popup
- Fix the extension works smoothly on all Magento 2.3.x versions taking into consideration the changes made by Magento in Advanced Search Collection starting from v2.3.4
- New GraphQL read compatibility was added
- Compatibility now the extension is compatible with Magento 2.4.1
- New we created a search widget which allows you to place additional search field with full searching functionality at any place on the store pages
- Fix we corrected the issue with searching by category if the search query is present in several category attributes
- Fix we corrected the functioning of ‘Show "Out of Stock" Products Last’ feature in case items are searched by the same search query
- Fix we corrected the applying of relevance rules upon GraphQl product searching
- Improvement now MFTF tests consider the differences between approaches in Magento 2.3.5+ and Magento 2.4.0+ and are provided in separate packages via composer 'suggest'
- New we added character filter mapping to convert specified keys to specified values upon searching
- Improvement we improved the design of autocomplete window
- Improvement we enhanced the usability of extension configuration by adding dependencies and comments
- Compatibility we improved compatibility with MSI
- Compatibility we enhanced compatibility with Amasty extensions which have searchable entities
- Fix we resolved the issue occurred on the storefront if any of the custom layout fields is empty
- Fix we corrected the adding of search terms
- Fix we adjusted the issue with incorrect quantity of products on search results page
- Fix we resolved the issue with incorrect counting of products depending on their stock
- Improvement now you can programmatically add any custom analyzer to extend the search functionality
- Fix we corrected extension's indexation in case of using ElasticSearch 5.x
- Fix we resolved the issue with ElasticSearch index prefix
- Improvement we implemented minor enhancements to extension's indexation
- Improvement we added a notifying warning in case of hardcoded Elastic Engine on the server
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Shop by Brand extension was improved
- Fix we corrected the display conditions of Test Connection button
- Fix we resolved issue with missing products in search popup with popup indexation enabled
- Improvement Advanced Search part of the extension is now covered by MFTF aimed at quality and stability enhancement
- New now searching by SKU of child product which is not visible individually will show associated parent product as a result
- Improvement we implemented enhancement of Autocomplete Popup indexation to avoid memory issues in case of large catalogs
- Compatibility we enhanced compatibility with Magento MSI
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.4 was improved
- Fix we corrected the relevance rules implementation
- Fix we resolved the issue with search requests containing quote marks
- Improvement we added validations for Elastic Search Server configuration
- Improvement we added a new option that allows you to control search field width - now you the field can keep the same width during searching process and doesn't get resized according to the width of autocomplete window
- Compatibility we enhanced the compatibility of extension with custom themes
- Fix we resolved issues which caused the malfunctioning of GraphQL function
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Shop by Brand was improved
- New we covered the majority of plugin's features with MFTF tests. It will help to improve quality and stability of our extension.
- Compatibility compatibility with the "Shared Catalogs" feature was improved
- Fix we have fixed issue with using stop words
- Improvement we added whitespaces validation to Stop Words functionality to avoid issues during indexation
- Improvement we reviewed and enhanced the logic of Popular Searches block in autocomplete popup
- Fix we corrected the issue with products sorting by stock in autocomplete popup
- Fix we resolved the incorrect behavior of search popup on mobile devices
- Fix we fixed the issue with incorrect URLs in autocomplete popup in case of 'Add Store Code to Urls' setting enabled
- Fix minor fixes were implemented
- New we introduced a new functionality which adds related search queries to search result page
- Improvement we improved frontend user experience in case of elastic engine unavailability. If elastic engine suddenly gets off on your server, customer will see a user-friendly notification instead of error
- Improvement we improved search popup first byte time, which speeded up search and autocomplete window displaying
- Improvement we improved the redirect from 404 to search result page
- Compatibility we added compatibility with Amasty FAQ and Product Questions plugin. If search terms are included into existing FAQ categories and questions, corresponding findings will be shown in search autocomplete window and under separate tab on search results page
- Fix we resolved the issue with elastic mapping creation for new categories
- Fix the problem related to multi-threading indexation was resolved
- Fix the issue related to displaying of irrelevant search results using Stemming was fixed
- Fix issue with conflict between full and partial indexation was resolved
- Improvement we removed an overlay for autocomplete pop-up for better user experience
- Fix we fixed the problem with 'Add to compare' functionality in the search pop-up
- Fix we resolved an issue with sku with special characters missing in results on the search page
- Fix we resolved minor issue with 'Most Wanted Search Terms' grid pagination
- New we added a new feature to use Stemming Search with singular/plural words
- New we added a possibility to use additional analyses: Japanese (kuromoji) Analysis Plugin, Smart Chinese Analysis Plugin, Korean analysis plugin. Please note that installation of additional plugins is required
- Fix fixes with indexation, compatibility issues with Advanced Search and Search Popup were resolved
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.2 and product sorting was improved
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Improved Layered Navigation was enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Elastic Search 7.0 was fixed
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento v2.3.2 EE was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento v2.3.2 was enhanced
- Improvement the possibility of logging elastic search queries was added
- New the Most Wanted Search Terms and Recent Activity (Search Volume) grids data were added in backend
- New ability to manage all existing cron tasks on a Cron Tasks List grid in backend was added. Run cron tasks and generate their schedule by clicking the ‘Run Cron’ button. Also, delete tasks in bulk, apply filtering and sorting options when it is needed
- Improvement minor enhancements and fixes were made
- Improvement ability to enable indexation for autocomplete popup via backend setting was added
- Improvement the Engagement statistics now includes the page jumps to Brands, Categories, Blog, CMS & Landing pages
- Compatibility compatibility with the 3rd party extensions was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento 2.3.0 was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with Amasty Ajax Shopping Cart extension was added
- New new search autocomplete pop-up design was introduced
- New the Analytics Dashboard was added to provide admin with the report about the search volume based on users recent activity. Also admin is able to track the most popular search terms in the store
- Improvement the Popular and Recent search results in the autocomplete pop-up was enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento Commerce was enhanced
- Fix an issue with category index for multiple stores was resolved
- Fix an issue with product images missing in the autocomplete pop-up was resolved
- Fix an issue with 'More Products' count in the autocomplete pop-up was resolved
- Fix an issue with synonyms when using special chars on ElasticSearch 5.x was resolved
- Improvement the configuration settings were enhanced
- Fix an issue with 'More results' in autocomplete pop-up was resolved
- Fix an issue with search by Boolean option was resolved
- Fix an issue with filtering by '0' value was resolved
- Fix an issue with reindex with Elasticsearch 5.x if no synonyms was resolved
- Improvement the synonyms and stopword work was enhanced
- Improvement ability to add external entity to the elastic search index was added
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.0 was added
- Fix an issue with filtering on Magento 2.1 was resolved
- Fix the issue with saving system configuration was resolved
- Improvement the secure connection support
- Fix an issue with search by sku value was resolved
- Fix an issue with showing Out of stock simples of configurable product was resolved
- Improvement the performance of search results based on Relevance Rules was enhanced
- Fix the issue with the search results page when searching by SKU was resolved
- Fix the issue with not trimmed synonyms in the backend was resolved
- Improvement the back-end settings view was corrected
- Fix the issue related to not relevant results using AND mode was fixed
- Fix the issue with showing composite products was fixed
- New a separate tab on the Search result page for Brand pages was added
- Improvement the total results count added to the search popup
- Fix the issue on magento commerce cloud with required writing permissions for the file system was resolved.
- Fix the design issue with the Improved Layered Navigation slider elements over search popup was resolved
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Customer Group Catalog extension was enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.2.5 was improved
- New separate tabs on the Search result page for Category, CMS and Landing pages were added
- New the search by brand pages created with Amasty Shop by Brand extension was added
- New the ability to create rules to boost the products in the search results for better merchandising was added
- Improvement set FOLLOW for catalog search result page and advanced search result page
- Improvement if one product has been found in autocomplete popup it redirects to the product page by 'Enter' button click only
- Compatibility compatibility with ElasticSearch 6.3 was improved
- New introducing the 'Long Tail' Search for words that contain hyphens, slashes or any other non-alphabetic symbols and highly specific search phrases
- New allows to configure SEO URL Key for the default search results page
- Improvement configuration settings and comments was enhanced
- Improvement ability to include CSS style when the standard LESS functionality is missing was added
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.1 and lower was enhanced
- Fix an issue with the products block position on mobile was resolved
- Fix an issue related to elasticsearch library dependency was resolved
- Fix an issue with exception class does not exist was resolved
- New move 'out of stock' items to the end of the search result and show products which are available for purchase first
- Improvement now the full category path is visible on mouse over the category search result
- Improvement enhanced the full text results within CMS pages and blocks
- Fix an issue with the installation via composer was resolved
- Fix an issue with caching Recent and Popular search results on M2.1.9 was resolved
- Fix an issue with dependency in config was resolved
- Improvement search result based on attributes weights was enhanced
- Improvement added reindexing to install data script
- Improvement search by Amasty Landing Pages was enhanced
- Compatibility added compatibility with Amasty Parts Finder extension
- Fix an issue with the list of wildcard attributes in configuration settings was resolved