Order Attributes for Magento 2
- Use flexible conditions for attribute fields display
- Display additional attributes info on the order grid
- Add custom facets to emails and PDF documents
- Show extra attributes depending on a shipping method
- Enjoy compatibility with Jet Theme by Amasty
- Mobile ready
Gain higher profits by collecting additional purchasing info
They say that a data-driven approach always wins. The Order Attributes extension for Magento 2 helps to collect purchasing info to gather more insights about your customers and thus to be more flexible in the generation of the relevant marketing strategies for your store. Use various field input types, gather all the data in one place and quickly process the collected info from the backend to result in higher profits.
Get all must-have order tools in one pack
Adjust attributes visibility for customers and admin users
Magento 2 Order Comments solution delivers insights about customers and purchasing behaviour. Set up and configure the details display for both customers and administrators with the Magento 2 Order Attributes extension. View and edit attributes in the backend of the store, save the filled in values for the future purchases and specify the targeted audience for the display.
Some people are wary of accepting packages from the hands of a delivery man and more often ask to leave the purchases at the door. Magento 2 Order Comment extension allows admins to add custom fields like ‘Leave the package at the door’ and display them at the checkout. When shoppers see a safe delivery method, they tend to trust the shop more, and therefore are more likely to buy here again.
Diversify order attributes to know your customers better
Subscribe customers to a newsletter l NEW
Get new leads and grow your customer base by letting visitors easily subscribe to a newsletter. Display checkboxes or yes/no dropdown to subscribe users to a mailings. Thus, it will be easier to get in touch with them and the chance of repeat purchases will be higher.
Provide customers with understandable tooltips
Make your additional elements absolutely clear to customers. Tooltips make the purchasing process more understandable and informative, provide customers with the value of the particular attribute and significantly reduce your chances for missing conversions.
Add any attributes to the checkout page
The Magento 2 Custom Order Attributes allows creating extra elements with various catalog input types depending on the information you want to receive. Easily customize each detail and specify catchy labels to encourage your clients. On top of that, for each input type you can set the default value or mark the field as required.
Specify checkout steps for attributes display
Of course, your checkout flow needs to be consistent and logical, and extra attributes should not ruin it. The Magento 2 Order Comments allows you to choose on which checkout section you want to show each particular custom order peculiarity: Shipping Address, Shipping Method, Payment Method or Order Summary.
Hide facets from the checkout if needed
The extension is designed to cope with multiple business challenges, that’s why you can choose not to display the details on the checkout page. But it will still be available on the order details page in the customer's account and, in addition to this, the info will be included in emails.
Show extra fields based on shipping method
Depending on the business strategy, you may need to show specific details only in some cases. For example, you can display particular order attributes according to the shipping methods chosen by customers. With the Magento 2 order extension, you can show a comment text area after the self-delivery option is selected.
Advanced Magento 2 Order Attributes settings
📝 Display information in emails and PDF docs
Add the fields with additional attributes to order related emails and PDF documents (shipment emails, invoices). Customize docs content by insert the required attribute variables into the email templates.
🌟 Implement attributes dependencies
Create an unlimited number of dependent facets that will be displayed only when a specific value of a parent attribute is selected. This way you'll make your registration page much more compact and easy-to-perceive.
⚡ Add attributes via API
The Order Attributes extension for Magento 2 allows you to add multiple order facets via API. That will help you to easily set and update attributes, and use them in other related API services. Thus, you will save your valuable time and integrate your store into other platforms.
📚 Sort attributes in a convenient way
Add the One Step Checkout for Magento 2 extension to speed up the whole shopping process. The joint usage of the extensions will allow you to sort order attributes relatively each other and relatively checkout fields on the Manage Checkout Fields page.
Create Order Attributes of Different Types
- Text Field
- Text Area
- Date with Time
- Multiple Select
- Yes / No
- Radio Buttons
- Checkbox Group
- HTML type
Let customers upload ANY file types l NEW
With the Magento 2 Order Attributes extension, you can set up a single file upload on the checkout. More importantly, it is possible to upload any file type — simply set up the allowed file types in the attribute configurations. You can also limit the max file size to prevent overloading webstore storage.
How to add Magento 2 order attribute?
- Navigate to Manage Order Attributes grid and click the 'Add New Order Attribute' button;
- Fill in all the required settings;
- To add your custom element to the Orders grid, pay attention to Attribute Type Settings - the attribute should be 'Visible on Back-end' and, also, 'Show on Admin Grids' should be set to 'Yes';
- After you save the attribute, navigate to the Orders grid to make sure the needed attribute is there.
Provide seamless order cancellation
Increase customers’ loyalty by allowing them to cancel their orders right from the frontend. Save your time scheduling an automatic annulation of pending orders with Magento 2 Cancel Orders tool. Analyze cancellation reasons and timely make sales strategy improvements.
How to add order attributes to Magento 2 programmatically?
- Install and enable the Order Attributes extension.
- Go to Sales > Manage Order Attributes and click Add New Order Attribute.
- Fill in the Attribute Configuration, Title, Tooltip, Options, and Shipping Methods tabs.
- Save the changes.
- If needed, set up attribute relations. For this, navigate to Sales > Order Attributes > Manage Attribute Relations.
We regret to inform you that the Order Attributes aren't displayed on the grid of the archived orders by default. However, there is a workaround.
The requested functionality is not available in the extension out of the box. Read the full answer to get more information.
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
Request a Quote
Submit this form now and we will get back to you promptly!
What feature your extension lacks?
You can always download the recent version free of charge from your account installing an upgrade is easy
See Magento (and other software) versions we support and guarantee their compatibility with our extensions
- Compatibility now the extension is compatible with Magento 2.4.3, 2.4.2-p2, 2.3.7-p1
- Fix we solved the problem with deleting Checkbox Group attributes from the order
- Fix we eliminated the issue with adding order attributes in the email templates
- Fix we solved the problem with assign order attributes more than one order
- Fix we solved the problem with extension installing/ updating
- Fix we solved the problem with saving attributes without admin value options
- New we added a Single File Upload feature so that customers will be able to upload/attach extra files right during the checkout process.
- Fix we solved the problem with printing invoice with order attributes
- Improvement MFTF tests were moved to additional packages particular for Magento 2.3.5+ and Magento 2.4.0+
- Fix we solved the problem with attributes relations for Multiple Select attribute type
- Fix we solved the problem with displaying order attributes in Print Invoice
- Compatibility with Magento 2.4.0 was added
- Fix we solved the problem with upgrade script
- Improvement the code was enhanced according to Magento standarts
- Improvement now, the extension includes a MFTF tests
- Improvement code styles was enhanced according to Magento Standarts
- New we added the ability to display Newsletter Subscription option on the checkout via an order attribute
- Compatibility the compatibility with PDF Customizer was added
- Compatibility now, the the compatibility with Amasty One Page Checkout is enhanced
- Fix the possible issue with not saving radio button default value was fixed
- Fix the possible issue with empty cart after placing an order was resolved
- New now it is possible not to display an attribute on the checkout page. But it will be still available on the order details page in customer's account.
- New introducing a new type of order attribute - HTML type. For example, it can be used for attaching a link for tracking a shipment.
- Compatibility the compatibility with Amasty 'One Page Checkout' was enhanced
- Fix the possible issue with not displaying attributes on the grid and/or order page was resolved
- Fix the possible error while using 'index by schedule' option was resolved by improving the extension's indexer
- Compatibility the compatibility with Amazon Payment was enhanced
- Fix the issue with order attributes display when the billing address is filled and the shipping address is not filled was resolved
- Improvement minor visual improvement for date-picker
- Fix the issue when printing packing slip and invoice together in print all was resolved
- Fix the issue when order attributes are shown twice in a PDF for an order with 20+ SKU's was resolved
- Improvement minor visual improvements
- Improvement minor API improvements
- Fix the issue with saving an empty value for an order attribute was resolved
- Compatibility the compatibility with the 3rd party extensions was improved
- Improvement now the extension supports Split Database performance solution (Magento Commerce only)
- Compatibility the compatibility with Amasty Mass Order Actions extension was added
- Fix the issue with showing "No attributes for this order" message on the checkout success page was resolved
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento 2.2.6 was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with the 3rd party payment extensions was improved
- Improvement the stability of the extension on the checkout pages was enhanced
- Improvement the extension installation process was improved and now uses less memory
- Improvement now, the setting 'Include Into Transactional Emails' is set to 'Yes' by default
- Fix the issue when saving the order attributes with the PayPal payment method was resolved
- Fix the issue with the dependent attributes display on the frontend was resolved
- Fix the issue with the data and date/time type attributes editing was resolved
- Fix the issue with the 'Quote isn't active' message at checkout was resolved
- Fix the issue with the display of the shipping address fields to the registered customer without the saved address was resolved
- Fix the issue when the dependent attributes hadn't been hidden on the checkout page was resolved
- Fix the issue with the order attributes transferring from the cancelled order to the new one while reordering was resolved
- Fix the issue with saving order attributes when using Pay Pal Express was resolved
- Fix the issue with reviewing order details after a purchase was fixed
- New the ability to add order attributes to email templates by choosing a variable was added
- New the ability to place order attributes into the various checkout steps was added
- Fix the issue when updating the database was resolved
- New the ability to include or exclude order attributes from transactional emails was added
- Improvement the installation and upgrade scripts were enhanced
- Improvement the new 'Reindex Order Attributes by Amasty' message for the invalid index was added
- Improvement the ability to save blank attribute values when editing order attributes was added
- Fix the attributes relation logic on the frontend was enhanced
- New we completely renovated the technical side of the Order Attributes extension. This deep code refactoring makes the module significantly more stable and increases its performance.
- Fix the issue with the order attributes saving in the admin panel was fixed
- Fix the issue with setting Quote ID for the order_attribute_value was resolved
- Fix the issue when the Order Attributes load always first was fixed
- Creating Shipment through API was fixed
- Fixed an issue with more than 1 order attribute on the order grid
- Fixed multiple issues with the 'Date' and 'DateTime' attributes on the order grid and checkout page
- Fixed an issue with the bestsellers report in the Amasty Advanced Reports extension
- Fixed an issue with the attributes display in Magento 2.2.2
- Fixed an issue with saving attributes in the Amasty One Step Checkout extension
- Fixed an issue with sorting orders by Order Date on invoice grid
- New now, you can add the informative tooltips to the order attributes. Tooltips should help your customers to understand the necessity of filling in the extra fields during the process of the order placement
- Fixed an issue with the attributes display on the checkout page
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2.2 is added
- Fixed an issue with the error on checkout page when no custom attributes created
- We made a lot of fixes and code improvements
- Magento 2.2 compatibility is tested and confirmed
- Any custom order attribute created using the Order Attributes extension is now editable and updatable in bulk on the order grid (with the Mass Order Actions extension by Amasty)
- Added the ability to inline edit order attributes on the order grid
- Fixed the problem during the Magento installation
- Added unique index for a column to improve performance
- Few general compatibility improvements
- Compatibility for PayPal payment methods improved
- Fix for displaying attributes in order summary sidebar
- A number of general improvements
- Possibility to use attributes in e-mails (ex. or
- Code refactoring to improve saving of attributes
- Compatibility fixes with the Amasty Customer Attributes and Amasty Order Grid extensions.
- Allows creating dependent attributes, i.e. to display certain attributes only when a particular value of a parent attribute is selected.
- Improved work with e-mail templates.
- Compatibility improvement.
- Fixed errors in a customer account.
- Possibility to get order attributes data using an order model object (useful for developers).
- Possibility to read/update/set order attributes via Magento API.
- Fix for a default value in the checkbox input type.
- Fix for printing Invoice and Shipment documents.
- New rule added to validate text field input length.
- Compatibility with Magento 2.1.2
- Minor bugfixes
- Compatibility with Order Export extension
- Fixed visibility issue.
- Fixed validation on payment step
- Fixed issue with order email from admin
- Minor bugfixes.
- Compatibility with the Customer Attributes extension.
- Fix for displaying attributes on a shipping step of checkout when a customer is logged in.
- Fix for displaying filters on order grid, shipment grid and invoice grid.
- Fix for displaying attributes in an e-mail message after placing order for the first time.
- Fix for error on orders grid