With a rapidly growing e-commerce sector, the shopping cart abandonment rate grows fast as well. According to the latest statistics calculated by Baymard the average level of incomplete orders is more than 70%. It means that only 1 customer out of 4 finishes the purchase. The Abandoned Cart Email extension for Magento 2 lets you effectively convert lost customers into sales by sending triggered emails to visitors who left your store without completing a purchase. Due to an easy-to-use tool, you’ll be able to effectively recover abandoned carts, thus significantly boosting your conversions.
How it works
The entire process of user re-engagement is as easy as it can be. All you need to do is to select a custom email template, configure the dispatch schedule and set up conditions to properly target your reminders. Voila! Now all non-converted store visitors will receive a catchy email with a personal discount on products in cart and will likely to return to your store to complete the purchase.
Customize Email Templates
The module offers a ready-to-use email template that can be easily customized according to any specific needs. You can also create an unlimited number of your own custom templates. Remind customers about items left in a shopping cart by displaying product images and short info right in the template.
Show products as a grid
Show products as a list
Display configuration options like size, color etc.
Use predefined variables
Display cart subtotal with a discounted price
Provide direct links to the shopping cart
Grid Layout Type
The grid layout perfectly works for carts with a few products with short descriptions. This compact layout type lets users instantly see all products which they added to cart in your store.
List Layout Type
If you equip products with more detailed descriptions or need to show multiple items in one template take a look at a list layout type where customers can view products by scrolling them down.
Configurable product options
With the abandoned cart recovery tool you’ll be able to show not only products added to cart, but their configuration options like color or size as well.
Select any of predefined template variables to automatically insert necessary data into each particular email.
Display subtotal with a discount
To motivate customers complete the purchase, display a new discounted cart subtotal together with a full cart value right in the email. This way you’ll clearly demonstrate how much a customer can save if they come back to your store right now. The template contains a coupon code and its expiration date for customers' information.
Direct link to the shopping cart
Make the path to a shopping cart as short as possible. Let potential customers get to the shopping cart page in one click.
- Emails blacklist support
- Send email copies to an alternate address
- Make a coupon available for the email recipient only
- Capture emails of guest visitors with AJAX
- Limit the number of recovered carts in a current month per customer
- Different store views and customer groups support
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
* The name "Magento" and the logo are the trademarks of Magento, Inc.
Version 1.2.0 - October 20, 2017
– New: Different greetings for guest and registered customers
– Email scheduling logic improved
– Magento 2.2 compatibility introduced
Version 1.1.0 - July 27, 2017
– It is now possible to output coupon expiration date in the email
Version 1.0.6 - March 03, 2017
– Minor improvement for Google Analytics tracking
Version 1.0.5 - December 07, 2016
– New cancel conditions based on stock availability
– Multiple Cancel Conditions can be used now
– Usability improvements
Version 1.0.3 - November 04, 2016
– Optimizations for singe store mode
Version 1.0.2 - October 07, 2016
– Code optimization
– Fixed issue with single store mode
Version 1.0.1 - July 07, 2016
– Include extra product attributes in rule validation process