Shipping Rules for Magento 2
Create custom shipping rules based on a variety of product conditions and shopping cart attributes. Apply additional delivery options surcharge, discount or replace shipping rates according to your business needs.
- Define shipping rules based on product, order or cart attributes
- Determine custom shipping rates per product or per order
- Set shipping based on customer groups or store views
- Implement shipping rules based on customer address information
- Create unlimited number of rules
Magento 2 Shipping Rules extension is a simple tool for merchants to create and modify shipping rules easily, as the shipping rates provided by carriers often need to be adjusted to fit your business. The module equips store owners with a wide variety of presets and conditions. It enables you to use the selected parameters individually or in custom combinations. Here are the available settings in Magento 2 Shipping Rules extension:
- Specify delivery options like a carrier and shipping methods;
- Flexibly modify rates per individual products or whole orders;
- Choose particular days of the week for the rule to be applied;
- Apply a rule with coupons from a certain shopping cart rule;
- Preset a coupon code, and the rule will be applied ONLY with this coupon;
- Select the priority of rules application for products that fit conditions of several rules.
How to set up Magento 2 shipping rules?
You can set unlimited number of shipping rules with the Magento 2 Custom Shipping module. For this, go to Sales>Shipping Rules. Choose one of the rules, click on the Add Rule button and start. There you can set:
- Shipping Methods - Choose the Shipping Carriers or Methods and set Rule Priority;
- Products - enable the rule for all your products or exclude free shipping promo items;
- Rates - specify how the new shipping rate will be calculated;
- Conditions - create rules that will initiate this shipping way;
- Stores & Customer Groups - choose who can use this shipping rule;
- Days and Time - set if your rule is available only on specific days or hours;
- Coupons and discounts - specify what coupons and discounts are compatible with this shipping way.
Flexibly customize shipping rates
Sometimes you may need to increase, decrease or change rates preset by carriers. The module provides all necessary functionality to do that. So using this extension for Magento 2 UPS shipping cost can be altered from $10 to $15 or get down to $2 if you want to create a shipping discount. Moreover, it is possible to provide full or partial shipment cost replacement for the order, applying mixed cart calculation strategy.
Use ready-made algorithms for rate calculation
It is possible to modify delivery prices both by flat amount and by a certain percent at the same time. Furthermore, you can select a base amount for the whole order. For example, in certain situations you can add $25 surcharge for the whole order and $5 + 10% of the product price for each individual product. Or no discount for the whole order, however 5% of product price off shipping for each individual item.
Establish rules based on order data and shipping address
Model delivery prices based on order attributes like subtotal, items in cart or weight. Product attributes such as SKU, brand or color can also be treated as conditions. Moreover, you can choose address options like country, state or ZIP-code to define the rule. For example you can provide a Magento 2 shipping discount for orders to California with subtotal greater than $200 that include any ‘Sony’ product.
Set up various rules for different store views and customer groups
You can have separate shipping rules for each store view and customer group. This feature is designed to help you offering better shipping rates to your premium customers. It's possible to create rules for as many groups as you need. Keep in mind that pricey shipping is often an important reason for clients to abandon shopping carts. Adjust shipping (especially international) to boost sales!
Save up time and efforts with shipping areas
Efficiently manage shipping by arranging separate destinations into areas. Make each area highly detailed: you can include or exclude particular countries, states, regions, cities, zip codes, etc.
Check a use case: you deliver goods to distant regions and want to add a surcharge to regular shipping rates. With this Shipping Rules extension for Magento 2, you can create an appropriate shipping area that includes the necessary regions. Then, you'll be able to apply rules to all these regions at a time via the created shipping area.
NEW | Enable customers to ship an order to multiple addresses due the extension compatibility with Multi Address Checkout.
Explore how to use custom checkout fields to collect comprehensive order data with regard to a selected shipping method.
|Key features||Shipping Rules||Shipping Table Rates||Shipping Restrictions||Shipping Suite|
|Create an unlimited number of custom shipping methods and rates||—||+||—||+|
|Activate free shipping for the particular shipping types||—||+||—||+|
|Make your method available to specific stores and customer groups||—||+||—||+|
|Assign shipping rate to specific products and product groups||+||+||—||+||Surcharge, discount or replace the existing shipping rates for specific products, orders, locations and conditions||+||—||—||+|
|Restrict or hide the existing shipping carriers and methods for specific products, orders, locations and conditions||—||—||+||+|
|Address line and complex conditions support to set your rules and restrictions||+||—||+||+|
|Non-numeric postcodes support||+||+||+||+|
|Specify countries to which your shipping method is applied to||+||+||+||+|
Learn how Amasty Shipping Extensions help to solve real customers' casesIn our Shipping Guide we explain Magento shipping functionality in Amasty modules and discuss real cases from our support experience.
How to change the shipping method in Magento 2
based on the customer group?
- Install and set up the Shipping Rules plugin by Amasty.
- Go to Sales > Shipping Rules and click on the Add Rule button.
- Enter the rule Name, choose needed Shipping Carriers and Methods, set up Status, and Priority.
- Expand the Stores & Customer Groups tab and select for what customer groups and stores this rule will work.
- Set up any additional conditions like days and time, coupons, discounts, etc, if needed.
- Save the changes.
According to the statistics, the extension can cover each business need in synergy with the following solution: magento 2 restrict shipping country.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Something like this : https://www.xtento.com/magento-extensions/magento-custom-generic-carrier-trackers-extension.html
could be perfect.
By the way, we can't buy the above extension, because management of the carriers thru your extension doesn't use native magento table in database.
Do you have any questions?
Schedule a demo and get all the answers you're looking for!
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
Magento 2.2, 2.3, 2.4
- Compatibility with Magento 2.3.6 and Magento 2.4.1 was tested and confirmed
- Improvement the code was enhanced according to Magento standarts
- Improvement MFTF-tests were updated.
- Improvement we implemented a stability enhancement for MFTF tests on Magento 2.3.3
- Fix the issue with applying rules was resolved
- Improvement 3 new MFTF rests for "Partial replace" were added
- Improvement compatibility with Amasty Multi Warehouse extension was added
- New a new calculation type "Partial Replace" for the mixed cart shipping calculation was added: now you can specify particular shipping cost for each product in a cart
- Improvement now the extension is covered by Magento Functional Testing Framework tests
- Fix the issue with the use of shipping rules for the cart with virtual products was resolved
- Fix the issue with shipping areas displaying in old Magento Commerce versions was resolved
- Improvement products tab for Replace state was returned
- Improvement extension was covered by unit tests
- Improvement code was refactored according to Magento Standards
- Fix the issue with validation condition "is not" for shipping areas was resolved
- Improvement "Сustom options SKU" condition option for products was added
- Improvement WebAPI was added
- Fix the issue with role permissions was resolved
- Fix the issue with validation for All Store View option was resolved
- Fix the issue with rule editing on Magento 2.1.x was resolved
- Improvement UI components and new hints and tooltips added were introduced
- Fix the issue with saving rules for admin with restricted websites scope was fixed
- Improvement UI components in rules grid was enhanced
- New Shipping Areas feature was added. Create your custom Shipping Areas to get more geo flexibility when setting your shipping rules
- Fix the issue with configurable validation for fedex and usp shipping methods was fixed
- Fix the issue with min/max total rate limit action was resolved
- Improvement minor adjustments.
- Fix the issue with subtotal calculation for restricted rule was resolved
- Fix the issue with upgrading extension was fixed
- Improvement the ability to use several coupon codes for the cart price rules was added
- Improvement the usability for the shipments restrictions was enhanced
- Fix the issue with multi-currency conversion was resolved
- Fix the issue with loading checkout page was resolved
- New now, the extension incorporates the Advanced Conditions
- New Information section is added. Now you can see the version of installed extension, available updates, User Guide link, conflicts and other useful data right on the module Configuration page
- Fix the issue with Category selector in rules configuration was fixed.
- Localization updated.
- Fixed Minimal Total Rate setting behavior with Magento Table Rates shipping method
- Improved compatibility with Amasty Gift Card extension
- Stability improvements
- Fixed an issue with Max and Min Rate application
- Fixed an issue with orders-related conditions
- Magento 2.2.2 compatibility improved
- Amasty Gift Card compatibility improved
- Minor fix for rule application on specific products
- The issue when multiple rules were not applied at the same time was fixed.
- The missing advanced conditions were fixed.
- Improved Magento 2.2 compatibility and migration from older versions
- New Subtotal condition can be set up to include Tax and Discounts
- New rules activation can be restricted by day of the week and time of day
- New Customer attributes and Purchase History can now be used in Conditions
- New rules can now be activated or disabled when coupon code from particular promotion rule is used
- Extension architecture changes
- Magento 2.2 compatibility improved
- Magento 2.2 compatibility introduced
- Backorder condition added
- Code is organized according to the new Magento standards
- New setting if to apply rules to backorders
- Fixed merge of .css files