Blog Pro for Magento 2
Drive more target audience to your store with Magento 2 Blog Pro extension. Enhance your promotional efforts with the powerful content marketing solution.
- Create catchy posts with an intuitive editor
- Promote your store with advanced SEO capabilities
- Add multi-level category tree and 3D tags
- Freely customize your blog pages layout
- Use AMP to make your blog work fast
- Manage comments and let visitors share content
- Improve mobile shopping with PWA add-on
It is a well-known fact that an e-commerce blog managed on a separate platform or on a subdomain requires extra time and resources. Moreover, such store pages are usually ranked poorer by Google search engines than pages placed on Magento, irrespective of the quality of the content. In this way, it may cause a loss of potential customers.
This extension helps to smoothly create a blog or a forum-like space for your customers without adding any 3rd-party framework, and conveniently manage it. Make the connection with your store visitors much stronger by sharing engaging articles. Perfectly build your sales strategy thanks to the advanced SEO and content management functionality.
An essential tool for great content marketing
Get new leads and attracting more target audience to your web store
Increase your store search engines ranking with advanced SEO features
Strengthen customers engagement by sharing valuable information
Drive more visitors to your web store
Automatically optimize the UX of your blog to reach more user engagement
PROMOTE YOUR WEBSITE WITH ADVANCED SEO CAPABILITIES
Increase your site traffic by easily adding metadata to the blog posts
Boost your blog’s awareness by specifying metadata to the whole blog
Improve your search engine rankings with Google Rich Snippets support
Enhance customer loyalty by letting them share your posts via social buttons
Efficiently manage your blog in one place
Import blog from WordPress in few clicks
Transfer all the posts, comments, tags, authors, and media files from WordPress to your Magento store. Get more options for comfortable management of your store and blog in one place.
Add related products to your blog posts
Assign related products to your blog articles in cross-promotional purposes. Add Magento 2 Automatic Related Products and easily choose products to be displayed in a catchy widget on each post page.
More Options for Magento 2 Blog Pro
- Enhance your blog's visual storytelling due to integration with Magento 2.3 Page Builder
- Schedule posts to be published at a predetermined date
- NEW | Supports the multistore configuration for Authors, Tags and Categories — easily manage blog across multiple Store Views
- Upgrade front end design with full Jet Theme compatibility
- Let your visitors view 'More posts from the author' on a separate page
- Benefit from the compatibility with the latest EU's GDPR requirements
- Manage all cron tasks on a Cron Tasks List grid
- Keep dialogue with customers by letting them leave comments and vote for posts
Boost your positions in search with AMP pagesExtend AMP functionality on other website pages with the AMP for Magento 2 extension. Automatically create lightweight versions of Home Page, Product and Category Pages to ensure instant page load.
Enhance the blog navigation with the powerful Amasty Elastic Search moduleBoost your content discoverability by adding Elastic Search module to your store and help your customers to find the posts and comments using the main search bar.
Some more hints for making your store even more powerful
- Lead to the blog pages via stunning Magento 2 Vertical Menu. Creating an attractive and dynamic navigation menu without any technical skills is much easier than you can imagine.
- Provide your demanding customers with detailed information about your products without overloading your product pages. Attach files of any format to the product description instead, using the Magento 2 File Upload.
According to the statistics, the extension can cover each business need in synergy with the following solution: magento 2 add customer attribute.
Some of your posts may be included in multiple categories and have several tags. That's why different category and tag pages can posses the same content that search engines mark as duplicated. Hide these pages from indexation to avoid this problem.
How to hide the blog pages from search engine crawlers to avoid duplicate content issue?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Still, you could have added some widgets. And looking at the code in depth, some optimizations could have been made better. Numerous database queries are used on the blog home page, when you could have used only one or two..
Magento 2 code style guidelines are not respected.
Object manager is used sometimes when it's not really necessary, and Magento 2 team strictly disencourages this usage of the Object manager.
Factory design pattern is not used and that led me to an annoying issue when overriding your code.
Theming is made difficult since blocks are defined in the code and not in layout files.
Styling is done using CSS and not LESS (or only a tiny part of it)..
We trust you on many aspects, but this module was disappointing.
We should have used Magefan_Blog open source module.. For the price of 232€, this module is not worth it.
The blog has all the basic features you need for a simple blog (keep in mind that if you need more functionality, it's better to go with WordPress, it will be cheaper, but you'll have to ask your sys admin to fix the Magento-WordPress issue).
Maybe the looks of some page parts can be a bit better. I hope that the extension will be updated with more skins and layout options.
Do you have any questions?
Schedule a demo and get all the answers you're looking for!
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
2.3.6, 2.3.6-p1, 2.4.0-p1, 2.4.1, 2.4.1-p1, 2.4.2
- Fix we resolved the issue with FPC on Blog Posts page of a customer account
- New we created a separate layout block for an author - now you can share more information about author of the post with your readers including photo, description and links to various social networks
- New we added new option for URL Postfix setting: now you can use Slash( “/“) as value
- New we covered the main plugin's features with MFTF tests. It will help to improve quality and stability of our extension
- Compatibility we improved compatibility with Amasty Jet Theme
- Fix we corrected the post scheduling for different time-zones
- Compatibility we designed integration with Amasty GDPR extension
- Fix we resolved issue with saving category in multi store case
- Improvement we implemented several enhancements to AMP versions of blog pages: validation of comment form, display of comments and tags widgets, currency switcher
- Compatibility compatibility with Jet Theme was enhanced
- Compatibility we enhanced compatibility with Varnish
- Fix we corrected the display of Published At date on Posts grid to match the right timezone
- Fix we corrected minor visual imperfections in admin panel and on frontend
- Fix we resolved the issue with non-removable related posts
- Improvement we reviewed and enhanced module GraphQl
- Fix we resolved the issue with Blog Post preview
- Fix we resolved issue with multi-store post url
- Improvement now AMP part of plugin supports authors' pages
- Improvement we rewrote post sharing via Twitter according to the new method
- Fix we corrected the display of Recent Post Widget images on AMP
- Fix we resolved the issue with unexpected image resizing
- Fix we fixed the issue with Blog backend in case of limited Role Scope
- Fix we corrected the default value of fields with 'date' database type
- Fix we rechecked and established correct dependency on jQuery UI library
- New now extension supports multistore configuration for categories, authors and tags
- Improvement we reviewed and rewrote plugin's pagination
- Improvement we enhanced the validation of content on AMP-versions of pages
- Improvement we slightly improved the display of widgets
- Compatibility we improved compatibility with Amasty Mega Menu extension
- Fix we corrected the behavior of 'Recent Posts Quantity in Block' setting
- Fix we fixed plugin's warning in case of attempt to create a category with already existing URL
- Fix we resolved the issue with Posts' Save in case of Interface Locale switching
- Fix we corrected minor visual imperfections on post edit page in admin panel
- Compatibility compatibility with read GraphQL was enhanced
- Improvement we implemented minor enhancement to unit tests
- Improvement the workflow of author's assigning/deleting was enhanced
- Improvement now it is possible to leave multiple comments in a row without page reload if GDPR is enabled
- Compatibility we improved compatibility with Magento 2.3.3
- Fix we resolved XSS vulnerability with GDPR enabled
- Fix minor issues with blog widget's functionality were resolved
- Fix we corrected the color scheme functioning in 3D Cloud
- Fix several minor fixes were implemented
- Improvement now scheduler for post publication take store’s timezone configuration into account
- Compatibility compatibility with Porto theme was enhanced
- Fix we resolved the issue with adding of amp-link to header if Accelerated Mobile Pages are disabled
- Fix we fixed the incorrect behavior of pagination
- New we added a new option that allows you to pin featured posts at the top of the Blog page to draw more readers' attention
- New we have introduced the ‘Like’ control functionality, so now it’s possible to vote for posts on the frontend. It will help you to indicate which topics are more helpful and interesting for your readers
- Improvement now the post’s views counter is available in the backend. It shows the quantity of times each post was viewed on the frontend
- Compatibility now the module is read compatible with GraphQL. It allows to expose the data like post page, recent posts, posts grid, recent comments, comments, categories tree, tags, author page, category page etc. in order to build PWA/JS based frontend
- Fix we solved minor issues
- New we added the WordPress Import functionality, so that if you already have a blog on WordPress and need to transfer all the posts, comments, tags, authors and media files to your Magento installation, you can now easily do it in few clicks
- Fix issue with saving tag from create post page was resolved
- New we introduced a new option with the help of which you can set relation between posts. Now readers are able to see 'Related posts' right on the post page they are currently viewing
- Improvement we added Author and Category entities to Posts grid for better administrator’s experience in sorting and filtering of posts
- Improvement we implemented code improvements
- Compatibility we enhanced the compatibility with Porto theme
- Fix we solved minor issues
- Fix we resolved the problem with user comments
- New introducing new user interface of the article creation page in backend
- New readers are able to see 'More posts from the author' in separate page
- New ability to preview post in backend to see how the article would look at the front before it was published
- New the microdata (breadcrumb, author, name, description, image) was added to better index the articles and make the blog more SEO friendly
- Improvement readers are able to see number of posts in each category now
- New introducing new user interface and refined UX
- New ability to create multi level category tree and assign Blog Posts in subcategory was added
- New ability to manage all existing cron tasks on a Cron Tasks List grid in backend was added. Run cron tasks and generate their schedule by clicking the ‘Run Cron’ button. Also, delete tasks in bulk, apply filtering and sorting options when it is needed
- Fix an issue with timezone error was resolved
- Improvement code refactoring was made
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.2.3 and Magento 2.3.0 was improved
- Fix minor issues were resolved
- Fix an issue during installation process was resolved
- Fix an issue with post images was resolved
- New deep integration with Magento Page Builder extension was added. It is implemented in blogpagebuilder submodule which is disabled by default for backward compatibility with Magento installation without Page Builder. Please enable blogpagebuilder module once Page Builder extension is used.
- New allows to insert blog related pieces (blog post list, recent blog posts, blog posts tag cloud etc into any place of the page using drag&drop tool of Magento Page Builder
- Improvement code style refactoring was made
- Improvement the Blog existing grids and forms in backend was rewritten using Magento UI components
- Compatibility basic compatibility with Magento PageBuilder was added
- New now the extension can automatically create AMP (Accelerated Mobile Page) for Blog Category Pages and Blog Post Pages. The Pages powered by AMP are immediately loaded with content.
- Fix the issue with the blank space in the top menu while the Blog link display setting is disabled was resolved
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento 2.3 was enhanced
- Improvement the ability to set the 'alt' HTML attribute for thumbnails was added
- Fix the issue with the blog search was resolved
- New a new field for meta title suffix was added. It gives the ability to add a permanent text for all post pages to the meta title separated with " | "
- New the ability to add blog categories, recent blog posts and comments to any pages via widgets was added
- New the ability to place the link to a blog page in a both in a categories menu and a toolbar was added
- New now, an admin will be notified after a comment is added to a post
- Fix the issue with the meta title was resolved
- Fix the issue with inserting a variable while using the WYSIWYG editor was resolved
- Compatibility the compatibility with the Amasty Search Pro extension was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with the Varnish cache was enhanced
- Fix the issue with the exception when '/' has been removed from the end of the URL was resolved
- New the functionality to comply with the latest GDPR EU changes was added
- Fix the issue with the comments counter was resolved
- Fix the issue with js in Magento config was resolved
- Fix the vulnerability with the cross-site scripting was fixed
- Improvement starting from this version, the functionality that adds the Blog Pages to the Amasty XML Sitemap module has been moved to the Amasty Blog Pro extension.
- Fixed an issue with the pagination on category pages
- Setting for image size on blog page is added
- Fixed an issue with wrong date for different timezones
- Full compatibility with core cache (Magento FPC) is added
- Fixed an issue with the calendar date format on the post edit page
- Fixed issue with WYSIWIG for short content
- Code improvement for compatibility with PHP 7.1
- Fixed comments issue on M2.2
- Replaced thumbnail in posts with image from gallery
- Fixed bug with image re-saving (after blog post duplication).
- Fixed errors with RSS feed;
- Fixed error when adding comment;
- Minor fixes
- "Published Date" column was added
- Minor syntax fix
- Fix for incorrect database table names
- Sitemap added (for compatibility with our Google XML Sitemap extension)