Blog Pro for Magento 2
Drive more target audience to your store with Magento 2 Blog Pro extension. Enhance your promotional efforts with the powerful content marketing solution.
- Create catchy posts with an intuitive editor
- Easily customize your blog pages layout
- Use AMP to make blog pages work fast
- Add multi-level category tree and 3D tags
- Manage comments and let visitors share content
- Promote your blog with advanced SEO capabilities
It is a well known fact that e-commerce blog managed on a separate platform or on a subdomain requires extra time and resources. Moreover, such blog pages are usually ranked poorer by Google search engines than pages placed on Magento, irrespective of the quality of the content. In this way it may cause the loss of potential customers.
Magento 2 Blog extension helps easily create a professional blog for your e-commerce store without adding any 3rd-party framework and conveniently manage all in one place. Make the connection with your customers much stronger sharing engaging content. Perfectly build your sales strategy thanks
to the advanced SEO and content management functionality.
What benefits do you get for your store
Boost sales by attracting more target audience to your web store
Increase your store search engines ranking with advanced SEO features
Strengthen customers engagement by sharing valuable information
Increase your blog traffic by easily adding metadata to any blog post
Boost your blog awareness by specifying meta data to the whole blog
Improve your blog search engine rankings with Google Rich Snippets support
Enhance customer loyalty by letting them share your blog posts via social buttons
Import blog from WordPress in few clicks
With Magento 2 Blog extension you can easily transfer all the posts, comments, tags, authors and media files from WordPress to your Magento installation and comfortably manage your store and your blog in one place.
Add related products to your blog posts
Assign related products to your blog articles in cross-promotional purposes. Add Magento 2 Automatic Related Products and easily choose products to be displayed in a catchy widget on each post page.
Magento 2 Blog Pro extension helps you timely gather and analyze visitors feedback by getting notification of every new comment. Let your blog posts readers share their opinions via comments: allow comments for logged in users only or enable guest comments to let everyone join the discussion. Enhance customer loyalty by giving quick and useful feedback. Discover which topics are more interesting for your readers letting them vote for posts via likes or dislikes.
More Options for Magento 2 Blog Pro
- Enhance your blog visual storytelling due to integration with Magento 2.3 Page Builder
- Schedule posts to be published at a predetermined date
- Extend AMP functionality on other website pages with an upcoming Magento 2 AMP Pages extension. Automatically create lightweight versions of Home Page, Product and Category Pages to ensure instant page load.
- Let your blog visitors view 'More posts from the author' on a separate page
- Benefit from the compatibility with the latest EU's GDPR requirements
- Manage all cron tasks on a Cron Tasks List grid in the backend
How to create the best blog posts with Blog Pro for Magento 2 extension?
- Go to Content —> Posts.
- Click on the Add Post button.
- Create a catchy Title and URL Key. Upload Post Image and List Image.
- Write your post in the Full Content tab and edit it with the WYSIWYG editor. In the Short Content line, fill in the summary of the post.
- Add Tags, Related Posts. Select Status, Category, and Author.
- Don’t forget to enter your metadata and save the changes.
Enhance the blog navigation with the powerful Amasty Elastic Search module
Boost your content discoverability by adding Elastic Search module to your Magento 2 store and help your customers to find the blog posts and comments using the main search bar.
Some of your posts may be included in multiple categories and have several tags. That's why different category and tag pages can posses the same content that search engines mark as duplicated. Hide these pages from indexation to avoid this problem.
How to hide the blog pages from search engine crawlers to avoid duplicate content issue?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Still, you could have added some widgets. And looking at the code in depth, some optimizations could have been made better. Numerous database queries are used on the blog home page, when you could have used only one or two..
Magento 2 code style guidelines are not respected.
Object manager is used sometimes when it's not really necessary, and Magento 2 team strictly disencourages this usage of the Object manager.
Factory design pattern is not used and that led me to an annoying issue when overriding your code.
Theming is made difficult since blocks are defined in the code and not in layout files.
Styling is done using CSS and not LESS (or only a tiny part of it)..
We trust you on many aspects, but this module was disappointing.
We should have used Magefan_Blog open source module.. For the price of 232€, this module is not worth it.
The blog has all the basic features you need for a simple blog (keep in mind that if you need more functionality, it's better to go with WordPress, it will be cheaper, but you'll have to ask your sys admin to fix the Magento-WordPress issue).
Maybe the looks of some page parts can be a bit better. I hope that the extension will be updated with more skins and layout options.
Magento 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
- Compatibility compatibility with GraphQL was enhanced
- Improvement we implemented minor enhancement to unit tests
- Improvement the workflow of author's assigning/deleting was enhanced
- Improvement now it is possible to leave multiple comments in a row without page reload if GDPR is enabled
- Compatibility we improved compatibility with Magento 2.3.3
- Fix we resolved XSS vulnerability with GDPR enabled
- Fix minor issues with blog widget's functionality were resolved
- Fix we corrected the color scheme functioning in 3D Cloud
- Fix several minor fixes were implemented
- Improvement now scheduler for post publication take store’s timezone configuration into account
- Compatibility compatibility with Porto theme was enhanced
- Fix we resolved the issue with adding of amp-link to header if Accelerated Mobile Pages are disabled
- Fix we fixed the incorrect behavior of pagination
- New we added a new option that allows you to pin featured posts at the top of the Blog page to draw more readers' attention
- New we have introduced the ‘Like’ control functionality, so now it’s possible to vote for posts on the frontend. It will help you to indicate which topics are more helpful and interesting for your readers
- Improvement now the post’s views counter is available in the backend. It shows the quantity of times each post was viewed on the frontend
- Compatibility we added the compatibility with GraphQL. It allows to expose the data like post page, recent posts, posts grid, recent comments, comments, categories tree, tags, author page, category page etc. in order to build PWA/JS based frontend
- Fix we solved minor issues
- New we added the WordPress Import functionality, so that if you already have a blog on WordPress and need to transfer all the posts, comments, tags, authors and media files to your Magento installation, you can now easily do it in few clicks
- Fix issue with saving tag from create post page was resolved
- New we introduced a new option with the help of which you can set relation between posts. Now readers are able to see 'Related posts' right on the post page they are currently viewing
- Improvement we added Author and Category entities to Posts grid for better administrator’s experience in sorting and filtering of posts
- Improvement we implemented code improvements
- Compatibility we enhanced the compatibility with Porto theme
- Fix we solved minor issues
- Fix we resolved the problem with user comments
- New introducing new user interface of the article creation page in backend
- New readers are able to see 'More posts from the author' in separate page
- New ability to preview post in backend to see how the article would look at the front before it was published
- New the microdata (breadcrumb, author, name, description, image) was added to better index the articles and make the blog more SEO friendly
- Improvement readers are able to see number of posts in each category now
- New introducing new user interface and refined UX
- New ability to create multi level category tree and assign Blog Posts in subcategory was added
- New ability to manage all existing cron tasks on a Cron Tasks List grid in backend was added. Run cron tasks and generate their schedule by clicking the ‘Run Cron’ button. Also, delete tasks in bulk, apply filtering and sorting options when it is needed
- Fix an issue with timezone error was resolved
- Improvement code refactoring was made
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.2.3 and Magento 2.3.0 was improved
- Fix minor issues were resolved
- Fix an issue during installation process was resolved
- Fix an issue with post images was resolved
- New deep integration with Magento Page Builder extension was added. It is implemented in blogpagebuilder submodule which is disabled by default for backward compatibility with Magento installation without Page Builder. Please enable blogpagebuilder module once Page Builder extension is used.
- New allows to insert blog related pieces (blog post list, recent blog posts, blog posts tag cloud etc into any place of the page using drag&drop tool of Magento Page Builder
- Improvement code style refactoring was made
- Improvement the Blog existing grids and forms in backend was rewritten using Magento UI components
- Compatibility basic compatibility with Magento PageBuilder was added
- New now the extension can automatically create AMP (Accelerated Mobile Page) for Blog Category Pages and Blog Post Pages. The Pages powered by AMP are immediately loaded with content.
- Fix the issue with the blank space in the top menu while the Blog link display setting is disabled was resolved
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento 2.3 was enhanced
- Improvement the ability to set the 'alt' HTML attribute for thumbnails was added
- Fix the issue with the blog search was resolved
- New a new field for meta title suffix was added. It gives the ability to add a permanent text for all post pages to the meta title separated with " | "
- New the ability to add blog categories, recent blog posts and comments to any pages via widgets was added
- New the ability to place the link to a blog page in a both in a categories menu and a toolbar was added
- New now, an admin will be notified after a comment is added to a post
- Fix the issue with the meta title was resolved
- Fix the issue with inserting a variable while using the WYSIWYG editor was resolved
- Compatibility the compatibility with the Amasty Search Pro extension was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with the Varnish cache was enhanced
- Fix the issue with the exception when '/' has been removed from the end of the URL was resolved
- New the functionality to comply with the latest GDPR EU changes was added
- Fix the issue with the comments counter was resolved
- Fix the issue with js in Magento config was resolved
- Fix the vulnerability with the cross-site scripting was fixed
- Improvement starting from this version, the functionality that adds the Blog Pages to the Amasty XML Sitemap module has been moved to the Amasty Blog Pro extension.
- Fixed an issue with the pagination on category pages
- Setting for image size on blog page is added
- Fixed an issue with wrong date for different timezones
- Full compatibility with core cache (Magento FPC) is added
- Fixed an issue with the calendar date format on the post edit page
- Fixed issue with WYSIWIG for short content
- Code improvement for compatibility with PHP 7.1
- Fixed comments issue on M2.2
- Replaced thumbnail in posts with image from gallery
- Fixed bug with image re-saving (after blog post duplication).
- Fixed errors with RSS feed;
- Fixed error when adding comment;
- Minor fixes
- "Published Date" column was added
- Minor syntax fix
- Fix for incorrect database table names
- Sitemap added (for compatibility with our Google XML Sitemap extension)