Google Page Speed Optimizer for Magento 2
Magento 2 Speed Optimization improves web pages performance in order to place your store at the top of Google search rating. Boost your webstore traffic by the speed optimization and get an endless stream of new visitors!
- Optimize JS, CSS and HTML code structure
- Display pages faster with WebP and Lazy Loading
- Resize and Crop images for mobile devices
- Apply smart JS Bundling and Server Push
- Use on Magento Cloud and CDN
PREVENT YOUR STORE FROM LOSING POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS
It’s not a secret, that stores with a slow speed loading are affected by the Google RankBrain algorithm now. Meanwhile, SEO performance and optimization of Magento 2 stores is crucial as no one wants to look for goods beyond the first page of search results. The study of Advanced Web rankings shows that websites on the first search results page receive almost 95% of web traffic, leaving only 5% for the remaining pages. In the end, if your store isn’t optimized well, Google will pessimize it and you won’t get as many potential customers as you can.
Nowadays Google takes into account a page speed as the main ranking factor for mobile and desktop searches. Pages delivering the slowest user experience are out of the game. The same speed standards touch all developers. It means that only stores with fast loading speed and an optimized performance will get the highest places in a Google search ranking and can extinguish competitors.
Magento 2 Speed Optimization Extension makes a store performance friendly both for users and search engines. Visitors won’t leave your store because of the unforgivably long loading. Meanwhile, the Google Rankbrain will index your store faster and get you the highest places in Google search results. Don’t miss the opportunity to increase conversions!
What benefits do you get for your store
Prevent visitors from leaving your store by providing a high web pages performance level
Increase a search engine traffic with an optimized position in a Google SERP
Improve user experience with the help of an incredibly fast store pages loading
HOW TO EVALUATE YOUR STORE PAGES PERFORMANCE
Challenge: Google PageSpeed Insights and GTmetrix are the tools that indicate how well a webpage performs, but still there are no clear steps on how to fix the problems.
Solution: use the built-in diagnostic tool right from the admin panel. The extension processes the information provided by Google Insights and supplies each issue with detailed configuration tips. Check the score before running the optimization, follow step-by-step instructions and start diagnostic once again to see the results!
→ Learn more about the common Google and Magento 2 PageSpeed Insights problems and steps to solve them
Save time with our Configuration Service
Use this Configuration Service to avoid hours of manual configurations and endless surfing through the long-read manuals.Learn more about Configuration Service
See our Magento 2 Performance Tuning module in actionPrevent losing potential customers by making your Magento 2 store faster. See the results of optimization with help of Google PageSpeed Insights tool for Home page , Category page , and Product page . Use our Magento 2 page speed extension and you will definitely improve your store score.
Sign static files
Let Google Page Speed Optimizer for Magento 2 invalidate the browser cache for static resources. After the feature is activated, a browser will update cache files automatically to prevent issues related to browsers serving up old static resources. At the same time, visitors will always see the latest changes you have done.
Use asynchronous indexing
Try asynchronous indexing to distinguish traffic patterns on the database level to avoid conflicts between read and write operations in the corresponding tables. With Magento 2 Google Page Speed Plugin, you can store and index order data asynchronously. Orders are placed in temporary storage and moved in bulk to the Order Management grid without any collisions.
Meet Lite and Premium optimization levels
Choose the solution most suitable for your business needs
|Key Features||Google Page Speed Optimizer Lite view demo||Google Page Speed Optimizer Pro view demo||Google Page Speed Optimizer Premium view demo|
|Lazy Load Options|
|Use 2 lazy load scripts|
|Preload images for desktops, mobiles and tablets|
|Configure custom Lazy Load strategy for specific pages|
|Convert images into Webp format|
|Compress JPEG, PNG and GIF images|
|Resize media files with 2 algorithms|
|Automatically optimize new images|
|Enable User Agents|
|Enable JS bundling|
|Minify HTML and CSS|
|Merge CSS and JS|
|Move Print CSS and JS to footer|
|Activate Server Push|
|Defer fonts loading|
|Features for advanced UX|
|AJAX Shopping Cart|
|$109 add to cart||$259 add to cart||$599 add to cart|
Coming soon functionality for Magento 2 Speed Optimization
Have any ideas what to release first? Let us know about your case!
How to increase Magento 2 speed fast?
- given the extension is enabled, the fastest way to optimize the loading speed is to complete the general settings;
- extend the HTML tab and set Minify HTML to Yes;
- switch to CSS optimization and choose the needed values;
- also, use Flat Tables, Images Optimization and Other Settings to achieve a more vivid result faster;
- save the changes and check the result.
How to tune Magento 2 performance?
- Install and enable the Google Page Speed Optimizer extension.
- Go to Stores > Configuration > Google Page Speed Optimizer and open the Settings section.
- Open the Image optimization section.
- Set up automatic image resizing and lazy loading.
- Save the changes.
According to the statistics, the extension can cover each business need in synergy with the following solution: magento 2 full page cache.
Google Page Speed Optimizer and Lazy Load are modules with identical features. Read the full answer to see the difference.Read the FULL answer
If a tool has been installed on the server and the extension still shows the message “Image Optimization Tool is not installed”, the correct path to the tool should be specified in the extension file. See all the details in a complete answer.Read the FULL answer
To install image optimization tools, use the Root user, and run commands on the server. Click the full answer to see the commands.Read the FULL answer
In this case, we recommend testing your website in PageSpeed Insights and set up the extension according to the recommendations it gives. Read the full answer to see how it works.Read the FULL answer
What is the difference between Google Page Speed Optimizer and Lazy Load extensions?
I have installed the third-party tools on the server to optimize images and I still get “Image Optimization Tool is not installed” message.
How to install image optimization tools?
What if I don’t see the speed improvement after the plugin installation?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
I'm talking about Google scores, so from a machine's point of view. I think from a visitor's perspective, the site is faster and that can help conversion rate, but I was really hoping to get my mobile score out of the red zone.
We managed to improve on average, in desktop environment, from 30/40 to 75/85, without needing a considerable effort for installation or configuration, while we need further interventions to improve the score in a cellular environment.
We have not yet used some interesting possibilities on image compression.
Without a doubt, we recommend the extension to anyone who needs to improve PageSpeed Insights score and website performance, without further intervention on the server or other aspects.
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
2.3.6, 2.3.6-p1, 2.4.0-p1, 2.4.1, 2.4.1-p1, 2.4.2
- Improvement we added WebP support for Safari 14
- Compatibility we improved Compatibility with Varnish cache. Now users who visit the site for the first time will get WebP images
- Fix we fixed the issue occurred when disabling the lazy load extension using general configuration
- Fix we resolved the problem with webp images in using the settings ‘Use User Agent for Loading Images’ and ‘Ignore Images that Contain’
- Fix we fixed the issue occurred during the process of compilation
- Fix we resolved the problem with store codes for correct functioning of Server Push
- Fix we fixed the error that occurred in optimization if there are no configurable or simple types of products
- New now the extension comes with a new setting to let you optimize images for only enabled products
- Improvement we enhanced the work of diagnostics, so you can check the website's score improvement immediately after configuring the extension
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Full Page Cache Warmer was improved
- New now the extension comes with Server Push that serves resources to browser before it requires thus reducing the round trip time
- Improvement we upgraded the extension’s settings to avert problems with configuration
- Improvement we enhanced the process of generating Webp images
- Fix we fixed optimization of WebP images when the uppercase format is indicated
- Fix we fixed the issue with automatic optimization of images added via pagebuilder
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty AMP extension was enhanced
- Fix we resolved the problem with incorrect store view URL used for diagnostic
- Fix we resolved the problem with lazy loading when the setting ‘Use User Agent for Loading Images’ is enabled
- Fix we fixed the error appeared when images had spaces in the names
- Fix we added validation in image files existence before processing
- Fix we fixed the issue with base64 images on Magento 2.3.5
- Improvement we improved the behaviour with Varnish cache that was incorrect with some browsers not supporting WebP image format.
- Fix we fixed the issue with the error "A technical problem ..." when a file without extension appears in the optimization queue
- Fix we fixed the issue with incorrect verifying of the image optimization tool
- Fix we fixed the issue with the conversion to WebP format of files with the same name but different extensions
- Fix we fixed the issue with image optimization from Admin Panel in Magento 2.1.x
- Fix we fixed the issue with the error during the process of Magento installation with extension inside
- Fix we fixed the issue with extra-large HTML regex backtracking
- Improvement we improved code constructions for Magento Marketplace standards
- Fix we solved the problem with using special chars in name of pictures
- Fix we resolved the problem with incorrect getting some config settings: ignores, move js
- Improvement an ability to add compatibility with 3-rd party extensions which use AJAX was added
- Improvement now the srcset in images lazy load will be deleted
- Compatibility now the module is compatibly with Varnish
- Compatibility now the module is compatible with Amasty AMP extension
- Compatibility now the module is compatible with img tag which includes empty src
- Fix we solved the problem with empty rows in module configuration (ignore sheets)
- Fix we solved the problem after Amasty JS Optimization running
- Improvement we corrected the work of Amasty JS Optimization
- Fix we resolved the problem with incorrect displaying of top menu on mobile view
- Improvement we corrected the work of the automatic optimization feature: now you can optimize only one of non optimized URL from all your site, also extension will give you choice which of Store Views pages you want to optimize
- Fix we solved the problem with image optimization configuration for a large numbers of image folders
- Fix we solved the problem with incorrect caching
- Fix we resolved the problem with error while events.xml is empty
- Fix we solved the problem with automatic images optimization on front end
- Fix we solved the problem with invalid XML after extension install
- Improvement minor visual improvements in the extension main settings
- New we added an information block that allows you to check results of optimization and show Google recommendations from admin side
- Improvement now category and product pages are added to bundling js feature
- Improvement we implemented a speed enhancement that lets you run multiple threads to minimize the time required for optimizing media on your site
- Fix we solved the problem with extension updating
- Fix the issue with generating queue on Magento 2.3.2 was resolved
- New we added a new feature for image optimization - 'User Agent'. If enabled it allows to set separate 'preload' feature for Mobile, Tablet and Desktop devices and to use WebP+Resize+LazyLoad features for the same one image at once as well
- New images optimization was moved to separate grid - now you can choose optimization options for particular folders on your server. Please, navigate to the ‘Content>Google Page Speed Optimizer>Image Folder Optimization Settings’
- Improvement we improved the 'Image Optimization' tab on the extension's general settings page making it more clear and comfortable to use
- New Javascrtipt and CSS sections was greatly improved - now you can specify excludes for admin pages, custom store pages by url, part of JS on pages, and move merged JS and CSS files by custom URL pages
- New now it is possible to exclude specific fonts from deferring when using 'Defer Fonts Loading' feature
- Improvement we enhanced the code
- Improvement we improved the 'Amasty JS Optimization' feature for better performance
- Compatibility we enhanced the compatibility with Magento versions elder than 2.2.0
- Fix we resolved the possible issue with JS bundling on a multi-domain website
- Fix we resolved the issue with generating the queue when using 'Use Webp image format'
- Fix we resolved the multiple select folders in 'Folders For Optimization`
- New we developed the Amasty Advanced JS Bundling. Now it is possible to create an advanced bundle of JS Google
- New Advanced settings for the Lazy Load feature was added. Now it is possible to set optimization for different page types individually
- New Now you can choose folders with images for optimization
- New Now it is possible to choose the compression level for the JPEG optimization.
- New Introducing the image resize feature. The extension creates several copies of an image in different sizes
- New WebP image format was added. The extension can create a copy of an image in WebP format. Browsers that support WebP will receive images in the format
- Improvement the image optimization process was improved. Now it is executed by creating the queue and processing it. It can be launched via CLI as well
- Improvement we have added a setting for excluding certain images from Lazy Load processing
- Fix the operation of the 'Run Optimization Now' button was fixed
- Fix : the possible problem with displaying images wile enabled Lazy Load option was resolved
- Fix the issue with adding the lazy load script to robots.txt was resolved
- Improvement minor visual improvement in the admin area (extension settings)