Google Page Speed Optimizer for Magento 2
Magento 2 Speed Optimization improves web pages performance in order to place your store at the top of Google search rating. Boost your webstore traffic by the speed optimization and get an endless stream of new visitors!
- Speed up store loading on mobile and desktop
- Optimize JS, CSS and HTML code structure
- Display pages faster thanks to the Webp images format and Lazy loading
- Make an SEO-friendly store with a higher Google rating
PREVENT YOUR STORE FROM LOSING POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS
It’s not a secret, that stores with a slow speed loading are affected by the Google RankBrain algorithm now. Meanwhile, no one wants to look for goods beyond the first page of search results. The study of Advanced Web rankings shows that websites on the first search results page receive almost 95% of web traffic, leaving only 5% for the remaining pages. In the end, if your store isn’t optimized well, Google will pessimize it and you won’t get as many potential customers as you can.
Nowadays Google takes into account a page speed as the main ranking factor for mobile and desktop searches. Pages delivering the slowest user experience are out of the game. The same speed standards touch all developers. It means that only stores with a fast loading speed and an optimised performance will get the highest places in a Google search engine ranking and can extinguish competitors.
Magento 2 Speed Optimization Extension makes a store performance friendly both for users and search engines. It helps to increase your ranking in Google PageSpeed Insights. Visitors won’t leave your store because of the unforgivably long loading. Meanwhile the Google Rankbrain will index your store faster and get you the highest places in Google search results. Don’t miss the opportunity to increase conversions!
How to speed up Magento 2?
Follow these 5 steps to maximize your website performance:
- Minify HTML code;
- Enable flat catalog;
- Resize your images to optimize them for the web;
- Enable lazy loading to show images by demand.
Read our beginner’s guide on Magento speed optimization for learning about 20+ useful tips.
What benefits do you get for your store
Prevent visitors from leaving your store by providing a high web pages performance level
Increase a search engine traffic with an optimized position in a Google SERP
Improve user experience with the help of an incredibly fast store pages loading
HOW TO EVALUATE YOUR STORE PAGES PERFORMANCE
Although there is no tool that directly indicates whether a page is affected by the Google mobile and desktop ranking factor, here is a resource that can be used to evaluate a page’s performance. It’s a Google PageSpeed Insights, a tool, that indicates how well a webpage performs and suggests performance optimizations. We can congratulate you if your site score is higher than 90 points! But if the result is below 90, we recommend you to try Magento 2 Performance Optimization extension for saving your potential customers.
See our Magento 2 Performance Tuning module in actionPrevent losing potential customers by making your Magento 2 store faster. See the results of optimization with help of Google PageSpeed Insights tool for Home page , Category page , and Product page . Use our Magento 2 page speed extension and you will definitely improve your store score.
Sign static files
Let Google Page Speed Optimizer for Magento 2 invalidate the browser cache for static resources. After the feature is activated, a browser will update cache files automatically to prevent issues related to browsers serving up old static resources. At the same time, visitors will always see the latest changes you have done.
Use asynchronous indexing
Try asynchronous indexing to distinguish traffic patterns on the database level to avoid conflicts between read and write operations in the corresponding tables. With Magento 2 Google Page Speed, you can store and index order data asynchronously. Orders are placed in temporary storage and moved in bulk to the Order Management grid without any collisions.
Coming soon functionality for Magento 2 Speed Optimization
- CDN integration
- Defer CSS Loading
- JS Bundling improvements
- CSS optimization improvements
- Improved JS, CSS, HTML minification
If a tool has been installed on the server and the extension still shows the message “Image Optimization Tool is not installed”, the correct path to the tool should be specified in the extension file. See all the details in a complete answer.
I have installed the third-party tools on the server to optimize images and I still get “Image Optimization Tool is not installed” message.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Magento 2.2, 2.3
- Improvement we improved code constructions for Magento Marketplace standards
- Fix we solved the problem with using special chars in name of pictures
- Fix we resolved the problem with incorrect getting some config settings: ignores, move js
- Improvement an ability to add compatibility with 3-rd party extensions which use AJAX was added
- Improvement now the srcset in images lazy load will be deleted
- Compatibility now the module is compatibly with Varnish
- Compatibility now the module is compatible with Amasty AMP extension
- Compatibility now the module is compatible with img tag which includes empty src
- Fix we solved the problem with empty rows in module configuration (ignore sheets)
- Fix we solved the problem after Amasty JS Optimization running
- Improvement we corrected the work of Amasty JS Optimization
- Fix we resolved the problem with incorrect displaying of top menu on mobile view
- Improvement we corrected the work of the automatic optimization feature: now you can optimize only one of non optimized URL from all your site, also extension will give you choice which of Store Views pages you want to optimize
- Fix we solved the problem with image optimization configuration for a large numbers of image folders
- Fix we solved the problem with incorrect caching
- Fix we resolved the problem with error while events.xml is empty
- Fix we solved the problem with automatic images optimization on front end
- Fix we solved the problem with invalid XML after extension install
- Improvement minor visual improvements in the extension main settings
- New we added an information block that allows you to check results of optimization and show Google recommendations from admin side
- Improvement now category and product pages are added to bundling js feature
- Improvement we implemented a speed enhancement that lets you run multiple threads to minimize the time required for optimizing media on your site
- Fix we solved the problem with extension updating
- Fix the issue with generating queue on Magento 2.3.2 was resolved
- New we added a new feature for image optimization - 'User Agent'. If enabled it allows to set separate 'preload' feature for Mobile, Tablet and Desktop devices and to use WebP+Resize+LazyLoad features for the same one image at once as well
- New images optimization was moved to separate grid - now you can choose optimization options for particular folders on your server. Please, navigate to the ‘Content>Google Page Speed Optimizer>Image Folder Optimization Settings’
- Improvement we improved the 'Image Optimization' tab on the extension's general settings page making it more clear and comfortable to use
- New Javascrtipt and CSS sections was greatly improved - now you can specify excludes for admin pages, custom store pages by url, part of JS on pages, and move merged JS and CSS files by custom URL pages
- New now it is possible to exclude specific fonts from deferring when using 'Defer Fonts Loading' feature
- Improvement we enhanced the code
- Improvement we improved the 'Amasty JS Optimization' feature for better performance
- Compatibility we enhanced the compatibility with Magento versions elder than 2.2.0
- Fix we resolved the possible issue with JS bundling on a multi-domain website
- Fix we resolved the issue with generating the queue when using 'Use Webp image format'
- Fix we resolved the multiple select folders in 'Folders For Optimization`
- New we developed the Amasty Advanced JS Bundling. Now it is possible to create an advanced bundle of JS Google
- New Advanced settings for the Lazy Load feature was added. Now it is possible to set optimization for different page types individually
- New Now you can choose folders with images for optimization
- New Now it is possible to choose the compression level for the JPEG optimization.
- New Introducing the image resize feature. The extension creates several copies of an image in different sizes
- New WebP image format was added. The extension can create a copy of an image in WebP format. Browsers that support WebP will receive images in the format
- Improvement the image optimization process was improved. Now it is executed by creating the queue and processing it. It can be launched via CLI as well
- Improvement we have added a setting for excluding certain images from Lazy Load processing
- Fix the operation of the 'Run Optimization Now' button was fixed
- Fix : the possible problem with displaying images wile enabled Lazy Load option was resolved
- Fix the issue with adding the lazy load script to robots.txt was resolved
- Improvement minor visual improvement in the admin area (extension settings)