Cookie Consent (GDPR) for Magento 2
- Arrange cookies into essential and optional categories
- Let customers choose which cookies they allow to process
- Efficiently manage categories and cookies they include
- Monitor all cookie consents and customers' data in one grid
The EU Cookie Law is a piece of privacy legislation. It is designed to protect online privacy by telling users how the information about them is used and obtaining their prior consent for such processing.
According to the Cookie Legislation, some cookies do not require getting prior customers’ consent for their usage. These are the essential or “strictly necessary” cookies that are needed to a proper site functioning. All other cookies need consent before you can process them. The cornerstone is to detect which cookies are essential: unless you surely know they are the essential ones, you risk to face penalties for non-compliance.
To comply with EU Cookie Legislation, 3 actions from EU website owners are required:
- Provide detailed information on how cookie data will be used.
What benefits do you get for your store
Avoid penalties for breaching Cookie Legislation by observing its requirements
Increase customers’ loyalty and retention by allowing managing cookie consents
Strengthen data privacy and security by collecting users’ cookie consents
Cover Cookie Legislation requirements with a single tool
Engage users by letting them control cookies usage
Users can easily choose which cookies to allow or disallow by clicking the “Cookie Settings” button and being redirected to the appropriate CMS page. Visitors can select all cookie categories by clicking 'Allow all' and then confirm their decision with 'Save' button. As an alternative, they can specify a certain cookie category by moving a corresponding activation button.
Allow users to modify consents any time they need
The extension adds a “Cookie Settings” link to the footer so that users can easily reset cookie usage conditions any time they need. They are able to revoke consents, which follows the essential GDPR requirements.
Clarify which cookies each category includes
Clearly inform users of which cookies a category includes. A customer can click the category title to open the list of cookies with their detailed descriptions.
Monitor all cookie consents in one place
You can find the list of all consents and customers data in one place. The grid allows to track consents by customer name, email, IP address, date, consent type and status.
Easily manage all cookie categories
Create an unlimited number of cookie categories (e. g. “Remarketing”, “Google Analytics”), and efficiently manage them on a special grid. With the extension, you can specify the essential and optional cookie groups, as well as provide each one with a description.
Track all cookies on a handy grid
Easily track all cookies on a separate grid by cookie name, category and its description. Add new cookies right from the grid and provide each one with a name and connect it with a certain category.
Transform guest visitors into customers
Guest users, as well as registered ones, have access to cookie settings. Give visitors the opportunity to control their cookies. This improves customers experience and increases the chance they will return to your store.
Strengthen your site health via performance optimizationPrevent losing potential customers by making your site perform better with Google Page Speed Optimizer for Magento 2 extension.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Magento 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
- Fix we resolved the problem with flushing the entire cache after "Allow cookies" action
- Improvement we improved the extension's operation with Google Analytics cookies. Before the current update, there could be situations when GA tracked customers with turned off analytics cookies
- Fix we solved the problem with ACL on cookie consent bar
- Fix we solved thr problem with updating cookie consent description for store views
- Fix we resolved the problem with block rendering on ajax
- Fix we solved the problem with cookie bar position
- Fix the problem with install data was resolved
- Fix the possible issue with displaying the cookie bar on the Cookie Settings page was resolved
- Fix the possible issue after setup:upgrade was resolved