Cookie Consent (GDPR) for Magento 2
- Choose a cookie bar style and customize the design
- Arrange cookies into obligatory and optional categories
- Manage categories and cookies they include
- Collect and filter all cookie consents
- Block 3rd-party cookies
If you run a website on the European Economic Area territory or if your users are EEA residents, you must comply with the EU Cookie Law. If you don’t, you may receive enforcement requests or administrative fines together with the destructed customer loyalty.
Get fully compliant with Cookie Legislation requirements to avoid penalties for breaching the EU Cookie Law. Implement a detailed cookie bar to enhance data protection and grow customers’ confidence with the Cookie Notice extension for Magento 2.
The EU Cookie Law is a part of privacy legislation. It is designed to protect online privacy by telling users how the information about them is used and obtaining their prior consent for such processing.
According to the Cookie Legislation, some cookies do not require getting prior customers’ consent for their usage. These are the obligatory or “strictly necessary” cookies that are needed for proper site functioning. All other cookies need consent before you can process them. The cornerstone is to detect which cookies are essential: unless you surely know they are the essential ones, you risk to face penalties for non-compliance.
To comply with EU Cookie Legislation, 3 actions from EU website owners are required:
- Provide detailed information on how cookie data will be used.
What benefits do you get for your store
Avoid penalties for breaching Cookie Legislation by observing its principles
Increase customer loyalty and retention by providing complete cookie info
Strengthen data privacy and security by following documentation requirements
COLLECT COOKIES AT THE FIRST INTERACTION
To ensure customers give their consents, a cookie popup in Magento 2 store should be informative and easy to handle. The extension has 3 available cookie bars so that you could choose the most suitable one and make cookie info vivid. Any bar displays must-have cookie data and the options to allow all the cookies or particular ones only.
NEW: Let your customers forbid the processing of all non-essential cookies using the ‘Decline’ button. Thus, shoppers can reject the collection of all cookies at once without disabling each group separately. Show or hide the button according to your business needs on any bar type.
Sidebar with toggles: display cookie groups and their descriptions to provide selective compliance
Cookie pop-up: show a compact popup with buttons in the center of the page
Classic bar: place familiar to users cookie bar at the top of the page or at the footer
Customization for any bar: change the color of each pop-up element to match store design
Cover specific legislation requirements
Advanced Cookie Bar Options
Customize Cookie Groups position
Use the Sort Order field during the cookie groups configuration to adjust the order for groups display in a cookie bar. Place the essential cookie group higher or, vice versa, draw customers’ attention to any other group to get more consents.
Block 3rd-party cookies
Inform about the changes in cookiesNow, when you make any changes in cookies or cookie groups, a cookie banner reappears with actual information. Customers will see a cookie bar again if you change:
- cookie group info or cookie info (including description, lifetime, provider, etc .);
- the statuses of particular cookies and cookie groups;
- cookies have been reassigned between groups.
Hide the bar if no decision was taken
In some cases, shoppers prefer just to ignore the bar. You are free to hide the bar from the same customer on new pages if no decision concerning cookie usage was taken. Thus, the shopper will be less distracted from purchasing.
Show cookie bar according to location
Now you can show a cookie popup for customers from particular countries only, e.g. to those that are affected by GDPR. The extension automatically detects visitors’ location and limits cookie settings visibility. Thus, you can collect only relevant consents without the impact on shoppers from other countries.
Replace IP addresses for debug mode
Submit privacy needs for your store
Haven't found the required features? Let us know about your case!
More Features for Magento Cookie Consent
- Clean consent log automatically after a certain period
- Hide the bar if no decision was taken to let customers proceed to the shopping
- Show cookie bar to customers from specific geolocations only
- Use a new color picker to customize the bar style
Choose the suitable
To comply with the requirements
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Do you have any questions?
Schedule a demo and get all the answers you're looking for!
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
2.3.6, 2.3.6-p1, 2.4.0-p1, 2.4.1, 2.4.1-p1, 2.4.2
- Improvement we enhanced the work of a cookie banner, so when you update cookies or cookie groups, a cookie banner reappears with actual information
- Fix we resolved the problem with cookie values when accepting the cookies via pop-up
- Fix we fixed the issue with appearing of cookie banner when countries restriction is set to EEA countries
- Fix we fix the error occurred in upgrading from version 2.2.0
- Fix we resolved the problem with cookie bar size for mobiles
- Fix we fixed the issue with Amasty Cookie Settings widget
- New we added a new Decline button to a cookie bar to let your customers decline at once all cookies except the essential ones
- New we added Sort Order field for cookie groups, so you can change the position of cookie groups in a cookie bar
- Improvement we updated the behavior of a cookie bar to avert issues with Google Analytics tracking
- Fix we resolved the issue with accepting all cookies via Classic cookie bar
- Improvement we changed data structure to enhance work with entities and improved quality of code
- Compatibility now the extension is compatible with Magento 2.3.5+ and 2.4
- Improvement we added a new setting to Pop Up section, so you can change its Policy Text Color
- Improvement we enhanced the work of Cookie Lifetime option to let you edit cookie lifetime on store view level
- Fix we fixed the issue occurred with empty Notification Text for cookie bar
- New we added separate columns ‘Provider’ and ‘Type’ to cookie banner for cookie information to be more precise
- New we developed a new cookie bar type to let you show cookie information using a popup located in the centre. Moreover, new settings for all cookie bar types were added, so you can adjust their style according to your store needs
- Improvement we enhanced the work of cookie information section, so you can read it with pop up on the same page
- Improvement now you can store cookies and cookie groups on store view level
- Compatibility now the extension is compatible with Amasty Jet Theme
- Fix we fixed the parameter type in_array () issue
- Fix we resolved the performance issue of a Cookie Settings page
- Fix we fixed the issue with popup closing when the cookie wall is disabled on Magento 2.3.5
- Improvement we disabled deleting cookies from the ‘Essential’ cookie group and made the cookie ‘section_data_ids’ added to the ‘Essential’ cookie group by default. The modification resolves the issue with the cart updating when cookies aren’t allowed. The cookie ‘section_data_ids’ will stay at the same group after upgrading, however, we recommend you to move it to the ‘Essential’ cookie group
- Fix we fixed the processing of Essential cookies
- Fix we fixed the issue with the absence of cookies metadata in cookies deletion
- Fix we fixed the process of cookie removing
- Fix we fixed the issue with showing mage-messages errors after unsuccessful login
- Fix we fixed the caching of cookie settings page
- Fix we fixed disabling of Google Analytics Cookies added by GTM
- New Introducing the new cookie bar style. Now the cookie bar can be displayed as a popup with switches on it. Customer will be able to manage cookie groups right from the popup
- New We added a cookie lifetime column to the grid with cookie details. PLEASE FILL RELEVANT LIFETIME VALUE FOR EACH COOKIE (navigate to Customers > Cookies)
- New we added the feature for automatic log cleaning of the records that were stored for the set period of time
- Improvement we added visual improvements and changes to the admin area
- Improvement now it is possible to set the color of the buttons separately for each button on the pop-up
- Improvement we added conditions for more strict disable custom cookies added by js
- Fix we solved the problem with editing cookie consent settings for store views
- Fix we resolved the problem with flushing the entire cache after "Allow cookies" action
- Improvement we improved the extension's operation with Google Analytics cookies. Before the current update, there could be situations when GA tracked customers with turned off analytics cookies
- Fix we solved the problem with ACL on cookie consent bar
- Fix we solved thr problem with updating cookie consent description for store views
- Fix we resolved the problem with block rendering on ajax
- Fix we solved the problem with cookie bar position
- Fix the problem with install data was resolved
- Fix the possible issue with displaying the cookie bar on the Cookie Settings page was resolved
- Fix the possible issue after setup:upgrade was resolved