Cookie Consent (GDPR) for Magento 2
- Arrange cookies into essential and optional categories
- Let customers choose which cookies they allow to process
- Efficiently manage categories and cookies they include
- Monitor all cookie consents and customers' data in one grid
The EU Cookie Law is a piece of privacy legislation. It is designed to protect online privacy by telling users how the information about them is used and obtaining their prior consent for such processing.
According to the Cookie Legislation, some cookies do not require getting prior customers’ consent for their usage. These are the essential or “strictly necessary” cookies that are needed to a proper site functioning. All other cookies need consent before you can process them. The cornerstone is to detect which cookies are essential: unless you surely know they are the essential ones, you risk to face penalties for non-compliance.
To comply with EU Cookie Legislation, 3 actions from EU website owners are required:
- Provide detailed information on how cookie data will be used.
What benefits do you get for your store
Avoid penalties for breaching Cookie Legislation by observing its requirements
Increase customers’ loyalty and retention by allowing managing cookie consents
Strengthen data privacy and security by collecting users’ cookie consents
Cover Cookie Legislation requirements with a single tool
Collect users’ consent at the first interaction
To ensure customers give their consents, store admins need to provide detailed info about their usage. With the new cookie bar style, customers will be able to manage cookie groups right from the popup.
Let them easily choose which cookies to allow or disallow by clicking with user-friendly toggles. Visitors can select all cookie categories by clicking 'Allow all' and then confirm their decision with the 'Save' button.
Build trust by keeping customers informed
Before giving consent, shoppers may want to check what data about them will be used more thoroughly. In this case, to see the info about the existing cookie groups, they may easily click the ‘More Information’ link and check the list of particular cookies included in each group. With the detailed cookie descriptions, customers are more likely to give their consents as well as consider your webstore to be trustworthy.
Let customers manage their cookie usage
Shoppers are free to check the info and allow or disallow each group any time they want to on a separate Cookie CMS page. The extension adds a “Cookie Settings” link to the footer so that users can easily reset cookie usage conditions. They are able to revoke consents, which follows the essential GDPR requirements.
Monitor all cookie consents in one place
Track and manage the list of all consents and customers data in one place. The grid allows store admin to view and filter consents by customer name, email, IP address, date, consent type and status.
Adjust automatic log cleaning
For stores with a great number of customers manual log cleaning can become a time-consuming task. With the Cookie Consent extension, you can clean the log automatically after the specified period.
Manage cookies lifetime
According to the latest law updates, cookies lifetime should be visible to customers. Now the module allows admins to configure the lifetime of each cookie and display it on a Cookie CMS page.
Easily manage all cookie categories
Create an unlimited number of cookie categories (e. g. “Remarketing”, “Google Analytics”), and efficiently manage them on a special grid. With the extension, you can specify the essential and optional cookie groups.
Track all cookies on a handy grid
Easily track all cookies on a separate grid by cookie name, category and its description. Add new cookies right from the grid and provide each one with a name and connect it with a certain category.
Strengthen your site health via performance optimizationPrevent losing potential customers by making your site perform better with Google Page Speed Optimizer for Magento 2 extension.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
Magento 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 (including 2.3.4)
- New Introducing the new cookie bar style. Now the cookie bar can be displayed as a popup with switches on it. Customer will be able to manage cookie groups right from the popup
- New We added a cookie lifetime column to the grid with cookie details. PLEASE FILL RELEVANT LIFETIME VALUE FOR EACH COOKIE (navigate to Customers > Cookies)
- New we added the feature for automatic log cleaning of the records that were stored for the set period of time
- Improvement we added visual improvements and changes to the admin area
- Improvement now it is possible to set the color of the buttons separately for each button on the pop-up
- Improvement we added conditions for more strict disable custom cookies added by js
- Fix we solved the problem with editing cookie consent settings for store views
- Fix we resolved the problem with flushing the entire cache after "Allow cookies" action
- Improvement we improved the extension's operation with Google Analytics cookies. Before the current update, there could be situations when GA tracked customers with turned off analytics cookies
- Fix we solved the problem with ACL on cookie consent bar
- Fix we solved thr problem with updating cookie consent description for store views
- Fix we resolved the problem with block rendering on ajax
- Fix we solved the problem with cookie bar position
- Fix the problem with install data was resolved
- Fix the possible issue with displaying the cookie bar on the Cookie Settings page was resolved
- Fix the possible issue after setup:upgrade was resolved