Amasty introduces product subscriptions
As of February 1, 2022, the annual product subscriptions went into effect, meaning that all products within new orders become available by subscription only.
Why are we switching to product subscriptions?
As we all witness now and for the past few years, customers and businesses alike grow more demanding towards continuous delivery of product and service quality.
To ensure innovative solutions and in-demand services delivery with higher frequency while maintaining the highest quality standards, we have rethought our approach and considered switching to the subscription model a must.
This will help us provide our clients with aspects they see the most value in:
- higher product quality owing to continuous investment in development and compatibility assurance
- regular functional updates based on the latest development approaches and user experience practices due to continuous market research
- warranties for the stability of services and full coverage with integrated updates and support
We see this opportunity as a new grand step towards making the Magento ecosystem the place where every business will succeed.
What does the Amasty product subscription stand for?
The product subscription implies a change in the pricing method and services available for a customer depending on whether their subscription is active or not.
Thus, our annual product subscription will include:
- lifetime access to the original codebase
- availability of all Magento versions and inter-product compatibilities
- availability of all the new features delivered within the product line
- and full support coverage for the product during the entire subscription period
So, it means that to keep access to the latest updates and support services, you need to have an active subscription. If you cancel a product subscription, you will not have access to the updates released after the subscription end date, as well as to our support service.
However, regardless of your subscription status, you can continue to use, customize and maintain the purchased products.
What are the terms for orders made after February 1, 2022?
Starting February 1, 2022, all products will be available by annual subscription only. Purchasing an annual subscription means that you will get:
- lifetime access to the original codebase — regardless of your subscription status
- 1-year access to all updates as well as 1-year support coverage for the product
In order to receive support services and feature updates for products purchased by annual subscription after February 1, 2022, you need to keep the product subscription active.
You can cancel your subscription anytime. In this case, you'll keep access to the support service and product updates until the product subscription end date.
Product subscriptions for the second and next years will be 60% of the original product price. However, if you cancel your subscription and later decide to renew it, you'll have to pay an additional renewal fee of 20% of the initial product price to activate it.
What are the terms for orders made before February 1, 2022? [Updated in July]
Adobe has recently announced that Magento v2.3.x will reach its end of life in September 2022, meaning no full patch releases for this version as of October 2022. Adobe urges all customers to upgrade Magento to version 2.4.x to avoid possible security threats and compatibility issues. We strongly advise that you follow the recommendation, as otherwise your store and customer data will be exposed to multiple security risks.
To ensure that our customers are able to comply with Adobe recommendations, we would like to announce that all technical updates (compatibility with the latest Magento versions and bugfixes) will be provided free of charge as part of the original license agreement.
- In order to facilitate your access to support services and feature updates for products purchased before February 1, 2022, we advise that you activate any of the Support Subscription plans. Such a subscription will grant you full access to advanced support services for your entire account and feature updates for all modules you purchased before February 1, 2022 by one-time payment model.
- If you have an active support subscription purchased before February 1, 2022 or product subscription, you will keep access to support services and new features for extensions purchased before February 1, 2022 for as long as you keep the subscription(s) active.
The list of vendors switching to subscriptions
We are launching an annual product subscription, meaning that you purchase a product with 1-year access to its updates and support, and you will be further billed annually to keep the access.
For the first year, you will make a payment equal to the current product price and get:
- lifetime ownership of the original codebase and all the updates released within 1 year;
- 1-year access to all new product updates (compatibilities, improvement, features);
- complete 1-year support coverage.
For each of the following years, the product subscription cost will make 60% of the original product price while providing:
- 1-year access to all new product updates (compatibilities, improvement, features) and the lifetime ownership of all these updates;
- complete 1-year support coverage.
Yes, regardless of the subscription status, you can continue to use, customize and maintain purchased products. You will keep ownership and access to all updates released before the subscription end date.
Yes, all Amasty products from our catalog (extensions, solutions, add-ons, etc.) will be available by subscription only.
Yes, you can do so at any time. In this case, you keep access to the support service for the product and those updates until the original subscription end date.
If you canceled the subscription and want to renew it, you can do it from your Customer Account. Please note that an additional renewal fee will apply (20% of the actual product price).
We've gathered the most frequently asked questions about subscription here. Please look them through.
Contact us for any further information
If you have any questions, please fill out this form below and we will get back to you shortly.