Striving to provide equal opportunities to everyone, Amasty has partnered with Snowdog – an EU provider of IT and CX services focusing on accessibility consulting. Our goal is to ensure that Amasty’s Hyvä-compatible Magento extensions meet the rigorous accessibility standards of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
This month, Amasty proudly announces that we’ve achieved full compliance with ADA and WCAG 2.1 at the AA level in the two Hyvä-compatible extensions: Social Login and FAQ.
- Now includes 'aria' (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) tags for each element. Tags like 'aria-label,' 'aria-expanded,' and 'aria-live' make the content easily available for screen readers.
- Ensures smooth and intuitive keyboard navigation (using the tab, enter, and esc keys) for customers who can't use a mouse.
- Provides a clear focus state for all interactive elements, supporting disabled users' customer journey.
- Guarantees a logical and user-friendly focus order and fully complies with the 2.1.2. No Keyboard Trap success criterion of WCAG 2.1. For instance, users can skip the focus state of expandable answers to the questions they're not interested in, easily and quickly navigating further down the list.
- Facilitates equal accessibility for both keyboard and mouse navigation, catering to the needs of all users.
- Aligns with the text contrast standard, ensuring a minimum contrast ratio of 4.5:1 for all elements.
It’s Just the Beginning!
In light of the rising number of ADA lawsuits and forthcoming 2025 EEA guidelines, Amasty is dedicated to making the e-commerce business of each of our customers 100% safe. That’s why we have other Hyvä-compatible extensions already lined up for the WCAG 2.1 / ADA compliance makeover. Stay updated with our latest news by subscribing to our blog and following Amasty and Snowdog on LinkedIn.