A few weeks ago, Amasty partnered with Snowdog, a prominent EU provider of e-commerce and CX services focusing on accessibility consulting. We have also already shared our initial outcomes of this collaboration: WCAG 2.1 level AA compliance for Amasty’s FAQ and Social Login modules.
Here are some details about the compliance:
- Text elements and module content are easily comprehensible for screen readers.
- Visual elements, including maps and labels, have meaningful alt-text attributes. This way, assistive technology can convey the visuals’ messages by reading the descriptions.
- If color is used for conveying a message, text labels are provided as additional means of identification.
- Text contrast standards are fully met, ensuring a minimum contrast ratio of 4.5:1 for most elements except logotypes, inactive elements, and large text (3:1).
- Interactive elements including buttons and links all have clear focus states. This makes them accessible for easy navigation, selection, and activation via a keyboard or other assistive device.
All three modules have passed thorough WCAG 2.1 AA testing by Amasty’s experts, received green marks from Google’s Accessibility audit, and are now accessible to all users on the Hyvä theme.
More WCAG 2.1 Compliancy to Come!
With the upcoming strengthening of EAA (European Accessibility Act) guidelines in 2025, Amasty is committed to ensuring the legal safety of our customers' e-commerce businesses. That’s why even more Hyvä-compatible extensions are in the pipeline for achieving WCAG 2.1 AA compliance. Stay tuned for more announcements on our blog and Amasty’s and Snowdog’s LinkedIn accounts!