Google Page Speed Optimizer for Magento 1
Mobile page speed is an official Google ranking factor since July 2018.
Make your store much more Google and user-friendly by optimizing your code structure with Magento Speed Optimization extension. Use advanced options to automatically improve your website performance and get a higher score in Google PageSpeed Insights.
- Improve your website pages performance
- Make your code structure as clear as possible
- Get high score in Google PageSpeed Insights
- Automatically optimize product images
- Use CSS and JS Minification option
What is the Magento optimization target?The goal of SEO is to reach your target audience, which will make purchases in your Magento store. And the obvious way to do it is to get to the top of search results. 80% of users are more likely to choose your store if it appears on the first SERP. That’s also the reason why 61% of marketing specialists prioritize SEO and organic traffic.
NOTE Сheck your website score with the Google PageSpeed Insights tool to see that you need improvements. With the Magento product page speed optimization module, you'll make your code structure as clear as possible and will definitely see positive results for your desktop version.
Magento Page Speed Optimization extension: advanced options
Automatically optimize images
Use CSS minification tool
Add timestamp to automatically flush page cache
Add minification errors to log
Optimize images in Magento
Due to the Magento page speed optimization tool you can automatically compress all product images (jpeg, png, gif) generated by Magento without quality loss. Use CLI (command line interface) to compress pictures placed in media and skin directories.
The CSS minification option enables you to automatically remove all unnecessary characters like new lines or comments without affecting your source code.
Use this feature to make your JavaSript code as clear as possible and increase Magento page speed. Select one of three compilation levels starting from removing white spaces and ending with advanced code transformations:
- White spaces removal
- Simple code optimization
- Advanced code optimization
More features for Magento Speed Optimization
Advanced debug mode
With the debug option all possible minification errors will be accurately logged by Magento speed module.
Add Timestamp to URLs of all CSS/JS files
Select a file URL as a minification source
To avoid probable issues with the file content encoding, you can specify URL as a minification source.
After the module installation change all the required options to 'Yes'. Then the extension starts working automatically optimizing product images, minifying CSS and JS, which makes your pages faster. Besdies, you can edit the image commands depending on your server.
Does the extension require any manual adjustments?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
We compared the results in the Google PageSpeed Insights. It’s awesome!
CE 1.4.x - 1.9.x, EE 1.8.x - 1.14.x
- New we have added the option to set the level of JPG image optimization. Now it is possible to make the right choice between image quality and image weight
- Improvement we have changed the image optimization text fields in the extension's settings to dropdown-type settings. Thus the security of the extension was enhanced.
- Fix an issue with large CSS files was resolved
- Fix the issue with minifying css with svg images was resolved
- Fix the issue with minification css files was fixed
- Improvement the image optimization was enhanced
- Fix the issue with jpeg file type optimization was fixed
- Fix the issue with broken image urls in the css files was resolved
- Fix the issue with the fingerprint assigned to CSS changes each time the page refreshes was resolved
- Improvement code refactoring was made
- Fix the issue with permissions for button was resolved
- Fix the issue with file in queue does not exist was resolved
- Fix the issue with the undefined jscomp was fixed
- New Allows to minify Java Script from the Debug tab right on the module Configuration page
- Added compatibility with CDN
- Information tab is added. Now you can see the version of installed extension, available updates, User Guide link, conflicts and other useful info in backend
- Fixed an issue when selector in two lines
- Fixed an issue with the minification
- Fixed an issue for multiple stores with URLs, which were included in CSS
- Fixed an issue with the closure compiler cannot convert ES5 into ES6
- Minor improvement: removed the outdated dependency
- Fixed the configuration settings visibility issue for the website scope
- Fixed the problem with the file encoding
- Issue with double slashes in URL was fixed
- Allows to add regular expressions to the ignore list
- Compatibility with older Magento versions
- New feature: HTML minification
- Skip minification of already minified scripts
- Possibility to optimise GIF images
- General performance improved
- JPEG compression set to higher level by default