How to install Magento 1 Amasty extensions?
Each Amasty extension package is provided with the extension files, installation & setup guides and a license agreement. Some extensions include import file examples as well.
Before installing any extension, please create a backup of the root folder of the Magento website and of the database.
Amasty extensions are quite easy to install. To install extensions, you need Magento Admin and FTP/SSH access details. If you use code complication, disable it before an extension installation.
Please follow these simple steps to install the extension:
- Unpack the .zip file you’ve downloaded.
- Connect to the server where the website source folder is located with FTP/SFTP/SSH client (WinSCP, Filezilla, Cyberduck, etc).
- Upload all files from the "Step 1" and then from the "Step 2" folders to the root folder of your Magento website using ‘Merge’ upload mode. This way your FTP/SFTP client will only add new files.
- Clear the cache.
- Log out and then log in to the Admin Panel, so Magento can refresh permissions.
- Optional: Enable the compilation. As soon as the extension has been successfully installed, please click the "Run Compilation Process" button in Admin > System > Tools > Compilation to recompile.
Still have doubts?
Let us install your modules, 10K+ successful installations, 1 service for the whole order.