Single Sign-on for Magento 2
- unlimited number of integrations
- all IDP/Directory support
- SAML compatibility
- multi-factor authentication
- IdP and SP SSO support
- IP blacklist
→ Please, notice that the extension described on this page is not in development, and we are checking the demand. If you are interested in the release, leave your email in the form to the right of the page.
What is a single sign-on?
Single Sign-on (or SSO) is an authentication method that allows users to log in to various apps and websites with one login and password. Here is how it works:
- A user opens the website or app that they want to log in to. This website is also called Service Provider.
- The Service Provider sends a request with the user information to the Identity Provider.
- Then, this Identity Provider checks the user’s data, and either asks the user to log in using credentials or sends a confirmation of successful authentication.
- The Service Provider receives this token and validates it.
- After this, the user gets access to the website.
In SSO, Magento 2 usually acts as Service Provider, but it can be the Identity Source as well.
Features for Magento 2 Single Sign-on extension
Use Magento as Identity Provider or Service Provider
Our future extension will support both options, so you can use your store as Identity Provider (IdP) or Service Provider (SP).
If you use it as the IdP, users will be able to apply the credentials of your store to log in to 3rd-party apps. In this case, you need to provide them with the highest level of personal data protection.
And as the SP, you will be able to let users log in to your store via any apps or websites they are used to, like Facebook, Apple ID, etc.
Security Access Markup Language (SAML) is an XML-based open standard that is used by web browsers to enable SSO. SAML can help you secure user logins and provide faster and more secure access to the applications. Our Magento 2 extension will support SAML.
Create an unlimited number of integrations
This Magento Single Sign-on extension will allow you to create and manage the unlimited number of integrations for both the Identity Provider and Service Provider modes. Just set up security details, test the connection and check the result on the frontend.
Manage all the integration on a separate grid
All your integrations will be gathered on a separate grid where you can check their current status and details, edit or delete them.
Set up the LDAP server
Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (or LDAP) is a standard that defines how to organize query directory information and allows you to manage users and systems. It is often used in the authentication process, for example, to see if the user has access permission to the resource.
Our Magento 2 extension will sync all the new customer accounts and their data.
To provide users with the highest level of security, this extension will support 2-factor authentication. It helps to keep the login safe even if the password is stolen.
This extension will support 2 IP blocking models:
- Manual, when the admin adds specific IPs to the blacklist.
- Automatic, when the system analyses a user's behavior and adds their IP to the blacklist having considered it suspicious.
Any external IDP/Directory support
We plan to offer user authentication from any external directories or IDPs, including:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Azure AD, OpenLDAP
- AWS Cognito
Please leave your email in the form to the right of the page if you want us to develop this module.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.