Customer Group Catalog | v2.3.5
Manage catalog display according to your needs
Hide categories and products from customers depending on their customer groups
It often happens that you need to show several products to certain visitors of your store and hide them from other ones. How to manage Magento private sales quickly and efficiently? The answer is in this extension. Easily restrict display of products and categories for different customer groups, specify restriction actions, like redirect to 404 page, some CMS page, replace Add to cart button with Magento Call for price message etc.
Achieve your business goals
You may need to restrict access for some customer groups to certain products or categories for business or legal reasons. Show relevant Magento customer group prices for each particular customer segment, sell more and benefit from it. Avoid legal problems. Also that is a nice way to manage wholesalers and retailers you deal with.
Hide the price to boost your sales
Let’s say you have a sophisticated product which really requires a live contact with customers to be sold. To hide price in Magento and stimulate customers to contact you directly you can add to Magento the call for price block. The call for price Magento feature is also efficient when you organize presales.
Redirect certain customers from product pages to a CMS-page or 404 page
When a customer comes to the page restricted for him, you can redirect him to 404 page or CMS page. You can leave explanations on the issue on these pages, e.g. “These items are available only for registered customers. Please register to have full access to this catalog” or “This category is available only for wholesalers. Partner with us to get access to these items”. By telling customers that certain categories are for certain customer groups only, you motivate them to take the actions you need (i.e. to register).
Use custom variables in CMS-blocks
Since now you can inject any custom variable you need into a cms static block, e.g. you can display the store url or an address, indicate sales representative contact name or email as well as add hyperlinks to product images and categories.
Use a wide range of filters
In addition to standart Magento Enterprise functionality that enables filtering by product category, Customer Group Catalog extension allows you to apply filters in all possible lists of products such as: search results, related products, cross-sells, up-sells, category filtering, as well as custom blocks with products lists.
Configure the actions restricted for certain Magento customer groups
Highly adjustable actions to serve your needs:
- Hide price in Magento as well as the ‘Add to cart’ button
- Replace the price with CMS block on product view and/or category pages
- Hide category and product links
- Hide products from category pages with possibility to give direct product links to customers
Ability to redirect customers, who have no category permissions
You can show 404 page or a special CMS page to customers who try open product or category pages restricted for their customer group.
There are several solutions you may also be interested in
With Shipping & Payment by Customer Groups extension you can set access to payment and shipping methods by customer groups. Fulfill your business goals easily.
Custom options for customer groups module allows to offer individual custom options for each group and set individual prices for each group.
With Sales Reps and Dealers extension you get great chance to control your managers efficiently by assigning customers to sales reps and dealers, so they can manage only their customers and create orders for them.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- W3C Validated Code
Online Extension User Guide
- How can I pay for Amasty extensions?
- What is the license policy? On how many websites can I use Amasty extensions?
- How to install Magento extension by Amasty?
- Can I test an Amasty extension on a staging site before transferring it to a live one?
- Can I get a refund if an extension doesn’t suit me?
- Will I get any other benefits?
- Can I set up customer group restrictions by category, product and pricing?
- Can a custom block be shown instead of the price?
- Can a restricted product/category be accessed via a direct link?
- Will the restrict category be hidden on the navigation menu/category filter?
- Is it possible to find restricted products via site search?
- What if a product belongs to two categories and one of them is restricted?
- Can this extension change the price depending on the customer group a user belongs to?
The support team did their best and assisted in the module configuration. We are happy with the purchase!
Fortunately, the support appeared to be very helpful and fixed everything within a couple of hours. Anyway, you never know whether the app will work for this or that custom theme on not - it's like a lottery game. That's why I give this app only 4 stars.
Great extension, great support!!!
Thanks to this extension that we could bring marketing dreams into technical reality.
5 / 5
Functions as Described
5 / 5
5 / 5
Had an issue with category being visible after that was disabled with this module. All the other blockings worked fine. Amasty fixed the compatability issue that was causing the issue on my custom theme.
GREAT support and a brilliant module for those that need this functionality.