Customer Group Catalog for Magento 2
Kick-start your selling strategy. Manage Magento 2 prices & products to tailor your store catalog content to meet the needs of a particular customer group.
- Provide selective access to the store catalog
- Hide ‘Add to cart’, ‘Add to wish list’ and other buttons
- Replace product prices with CMS blocks or images
- Redirect users to custom CMS or 404 pages
- Optimized for mobile / GDPR compliant
- Fully compatible with Porto theme
Attracting new customers and sustaining the interest of the registered ones has nothing to do with a mid-range approach. As a Magento store owner, you know that many vendors choose to talk in an impersonal way with their audience. However, this is a poor selling strategy, which is not just a waste of efforts but also the loss of the benefits.
We don’t offer a whole new approach here but put emphasis on customizing your selling tactics by:
(a) splitting your store visitors into special interest groups (‘Not logged in’, ‘General’, ‘Wholesale’, ‘Retailer’, etc.);
(b) devising various customer group rules (price, catalog, product) for each of them.
This can allow you to adapt your selling strategy to the specific needs of the groups. With our extension, you can provide private sales by creating rules even for an individual customer. You will be able to set selective access to your store catalog, products, and pricing. This will motivate your Magento 2 visitors to log in to call for a price or see a complete catalog version, which, in turn, brings the sales and customer conversion to another qualitative stage.
When running a Magento 2 store corresponding to different audiences, you may want to show different trade prices to various visitors or let them buy on a wholesale basis.
Thus, selling goods for partners you can show retail prices only or even hide product prices from unregistered visitors.
You may encourage a regular customer(s) with special offers or hide the entire catalog from non-registered visitors to prevent an unauthorized access.
For this purposes, dividing your Magento 2 clients into customer groups is a way round the problem. With a mere shifting of native settings, you are able to add new groups and use mass action to assign customers to them.
However, it’s not enough for creating a focused selling strategy. And this is where our Magento 2 module for managing price & products by customer groups comes to the rescue.
To specify price display for different groups use the extension rule settings.
You will be able to:
- hide price from a certain group of customers;
- add a link instead of price;
- replace price with an image or any custom CMS block;
- create conditions your customers should meet to get access to price;
- configure price range for a new rule.
How to create and assign customer groups in Magento 2?
Follow 3 steps below:
- Log in to your Admin Panel and go to Stores>Other Settings>Customer Groups.
- Then click on the Add New Customer Group button, fill in the Name, and choose the Tax Class.
- Save the changes.
Then you can assign customers to this group. To do this, go to Customers>All Customers and choose the customer from the list. After that, open the Actions dropdown, select Assign a Customer Group and pick the needed group. Click OK in the popup to save the changes.
Step 1: Create Customer Conditions to show price to a specific customer group
- Navigate to Customers>Rules and click the Add New Rule button:
- Fill in the rule information and go to Customer Conditions:
Create conditions your customers should meet to get access to price information (e.g.: female users on the main website).
Step 2: Set up Price Range for better catalog products filtering
- After you made Categories settings of the new rule, go to Additional Filtering Options menu:
- Enable the Price Range option to set up the price range for the rule: By Price, From Price, To Price.
Step 3: Hide price from a certain group of customers
- Having set up Product Conditions for a new rule, navigate to Actions settings:
- Here you can set Hide Price to Yes for not to display it to a previously configured customer group.
Step 4: Replace price for a custom text, link or image block
- Set Hide Price to the Replace with text option in the Actions menu.
- Choose one of the default blocks for product and category pages that will be displayed on the frontend instead of price:
- You can also create a custom block in advance and choose it from the drop-down menu while configuring a new rule.
- To design a custom block, go to the Content>Blocks> then choose a desired block, for example, Call for price, and select to Edit it:
- Change the title and content if needed, add images or links you want and click the Save Block button.
Step 5: Replace price for a request form
- For this, choose Replace price for select from in the Display Options of the Actions menu and save the changes:
With the extension for altering price & products by customer groups, you can also configure Magento 2 price visibility per an individual customer. This will help you manage personalized marketing campaigns and show that you care about the clients. In order to do that, you need to use the Customer Conditions setting. For example, you can choose the customer ID, first, middle or last name to make the rule work for an individual customer only.
These catalog price rules settings, in general, are enough to design and maintain your products price visibility in accordance with the needs of a specific customer group and the selling strategy. If price customization is not the only feature you are looking for, you can also opt for other module opportunities. This Magento 2 extension allows you to restrict products by customer group and make separate products visible to a specific group only. Let’s consider the detailed setup below.
There are cases when you need to make special products visible to one customer group only. Say, you decide to create magento 2 customer group ‘club membership’ in your store for regular buyers and give the members an access to exclusive products, special price goods and other ‘club’ perks. In this case, customizing your catalog visibility is a right solution.
Catalog price rules, as well as shipping cart price rules, can be restricted by customer group with the native Magento 2 settings (Promotions>Catalog Price Rules or>Shopping Cart Price Rules).
However, the possibilities are not enough to restrict specific products (categories or even store views) by customer group. But the good news is we know that the module can help you with that.
See here how to use exclusive offers to drive sales.
Step 1: Allow access to store pages by customer groups
- Provide selective access to different category and product pages for particular customer groups. For this, go to Edit Rule and make changes to Display Options and Restrict Action sections:
Step 2: Hide various category and product pages elements
- In the Edit Rule menu, restrict the visibility of the ‘Add to wish list’, ‘Add to compare’ buttons to motivate customers to register or perform the other actions you may need:
This is how the option will work on the frontend:
Step 3: Redirect customers of the group that can’t access the category
- When the product category is restricted to a specific Magento 2 customer group you can redirect them to a certain CMS or 404 page. To make the settings, switch to Edit Rule menu and disable the Allow Direct Links:
- Then set Action on Forbid to show the 404 page.
- If you need to redirect the group to a certain CMS page, set Action on Forbid to Redirect to CMS Page and CMS page redirect to to the destination address:
When you have some specific requirement for customer groups segmentation, you may find the next two features useful too. You can also hide navigation attributes of the restricted products, and give direct links to products that are hidden from the category.
The actions configurations are good for establishing a one-to-one approach in terms of customer groups. You can achieve a desired product visibility by customer group and keep your sales management under control. Create a limitless number of rules to customize your catalog view for various needs and give your ‘club members’ additional possibilities.
Don't you still know for sure? The extension functionality doesn’t stop there, and the next section will spill the secrets of admin settings.
#1. Custom themes compatibility
The extension is fully compatible with 3rd-party design themes for your Magento 2 store. Hence, these themes will not affect the module features. You can hide price on particular pages with any custom design you choose.
See how to work with styles for a new custom Magento theme here.
#2. Advanced events support
To achieve the desired catalog structure you may utilize the advanced customer group conditions. With the extension, you can rely on the code quality and the events support.
#3. Fast catalog search
According to the researches, about 79% of customers will avoid your store if they face low site performance. Our extension is designed to save your server resources despite the lightning fast catalog search.
Read the study to find out why a store perfromance and speed matter.
#4. Multiple indexers support
On the average, a 1-second delay results in a 7% reduction in conversion. The module comes equipped with 3 indexers to ensure high page loading speed.
#5. Force sign in
By configuring products and price visibility to registered customers only, you can motivate your visitors to create a customer account. This, in turn, will place your visitors closer to get the shopping done.
#6. Private sales
You can’t market to everyone equally well. However, you can apply a customized approach to various customer groups. By meeting specific group needs you can win more sales and build more sustainable relationships.
Digital marketing has already taken the stage in how e-commerce businesses communicate and establish their client base. A human-to-human business strategy is a winning step forward sale rates boost. To speak to your customers in person, kick-start a new selling strategy with our extension.
Show your regular clients how much you care by offering special possibilities to the customer group or even to an individual client. Build a positive brand image and raise your customer conversion by tailoring your catalog to the specific needs of each of the groups. Increase sales by identifying the needs of a definite group and turn more visitors into regular shoppers.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
There was a glitch with products visibility because my theme is free. Amasty fixed the issue and explained why my theme is not very good. I changed the theme and some other glitches are now gone.
Your help is very appreciated by small business owners that are not technical specialists.
The support team did their best and assisted in the module configuration. We are happy with the purchase!
Fortunately, the support appeared to be very helpful and fixed everything within a couple of hours. Anyway, you never know whether the app will work for this or that custom theme on not - it's like a lottery game. That's why I give this app only 4 stars.
Great extension, great support!!!
Thanks to this extension that we could bring marketing dreams into technical reality.
5 / 5
Functions as Described
5 / 5
5 / 5
Had an issue with category being visible after that was disabled with this module. All the other blockings worked fine. Amasty fixed the compatability issue that was causing the issue on my custom theme.
GREAT support and a brilliant module for those that need this functionality.
You can always download the recent version free of charge from your account
Installing an upgrade is easy — check now
- Improvement compatibility with Magento Elastic Search was enhanced
- Compatibility with Magento Elastic Search was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with Amasty 'Advanced Permissions' extension was enhanced
- Fix the issue with a hided product in the cart after logging in for Magento 2.3 was resolved
- Fix the error on the home page for the newly created customer with a hidden category for his customer group was resolved
- Fix the error 'Integrity constraint violation: Column 'entity_id' in where clause is ambiguous' for Magento 2.2.7 EE was resolved
- Fix the issue with hiding "Add to wishlist" and "Add to compare" buttons for specific SKUs was resolved
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento 2.3.x was enhanced
- Fix the issue with tables size while creating rules in the admin area was resolved
- Improvement the extension's operation with Data Base was improved. The improvement is going to reduce the number of rows in the 'amasty_groupcat_rule_customer' table. Kindly run reindex after updating the extension.
- Fix the issue with not correct restricting items was resolved
- Improvement minor visual improvement for the extension settings in the admin panel
- Improvement the extension was optimized for better database performance
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento Elastic Search was improved
- Fix the misspelling issue that was leading to products not being displayed in the catalog was fixed
- Fix the issue when the hidden price remains visible in the page's meta data was resolved
- Improvement the stability enhancement for certain MySQL scenarios was implemented
- Fix the issue with products display on a category page after filtering for the outdated Magento versions was resolved
- Fix the issue with the empty array during indexing was resolved
- New the functionality to comply with the latest GDPR EU changes was added
- Fix the issue with reindex after the customer data modification was fixed
- Fixed an issue with the multiselect validation
- Improvement added the handle exception for deleted products during indexation
- Fixed an issue with the reindex in the attribute gallery
- Fixed an issue with caching
- Fixed an issue with the empty email template for an administrator reply to a customer
- Fixed an issue with the customer rules reindexing
- Compatibility with the Amasty Full Page Cache Warmer extension was added
- Fixed the issue with installation on Magento Commerce
- New feature: now, you can use a 'Get a Quote' form instead of price and manage the incoming requests on the separate grid.
- Fixed the issue with reindex in Magento Commerce (Enterprise Edition)
- Fixed the issue with serialize/unserialize data after upgrade Magento from 2.1.x to 2.2 version
- Fixed the issue when restrictions were not applying instantly after customer creation
- Magento 2.2 compatibility introduced
- Added Customer Conditions tab
- Compatible with Amasty Customer Attributes extension
- Added Customer index for the Group Catalog Rule
- Compatibility with Magento 2.1.8 improved
- JS error fix in Conditions
- Minor fixes
- Better compatibility with custom themes
- Few observers added for better extension customization possibilities
- Fix for situation when there are no CMS blocks created in Magento
- Minor improvement for handling errors
- Minor fix for indexer
- Minor fix for flat catalog
- Improvement for flat catalog mode
- Usability improvement for store select component
- Minor fix for applying rules to all store views
- Major refactoring of the extension code to improve performance and compatibility
- New feature to allow to hide add to cart button while showing price
- New feature to allow to set priority for the rules
- Layered navigation filters now exclude restricted products which results into correct count value
- Improvements for database architecture to improve speed
- Now rule can affect several stores
- Extension workflow improvements for cached data for different customer groups
- Fixed installation error on some Mysql versions
- Minor fix for extension installation file
- Fix for caching add to cart button
- Attributes in navigation, which have all products restricted, will be removed
- Improvements for pages with layered navigation
- Tested for Magento 2.1
- Improvements for single-store installations
- Bugfix for processing rules on stores with a large number of customer groups
- Minor improvement
- Minor improvement for translation file
- Fix for related block for configurable products
- Fix for "Missing array key" error
- Minor improvement