Customer Group Catalog for Magento 2
Kick-start your selling strategy. Manage Magento 2 prices & products to tailor your store catalog content to meet the needs of a particular customer group.
- Provide selective access to the store catalog
- Hide ‘Add to cart’, ‘Add to wish list’ and other buttons
- Replace product prices with CMS blocks or images
- Redirect users to custom CMS or 404 pages
- Optimized for mobile / GDPR compliant
It’s not a secret that different people seek different things, and for customer groups, it works just the same. Some customers could be easily triggered with just a discount, but others are better to be motivated with a different pricing model. But how to organize a store backend in order to provide all the customers with differentiated offerings?
Magento 2 Customer Groups Catalog makes it possible to match different customer groups with the corresponding offerings and thus to meet the interests of different audiences. With a mere shifting of native settings, you are able to add new groups and use mass action to assign customers to them, hide or show prices for certain groups of customers.
Bring your customer service to a new level
Show your regular clients how much you care by creating unique customer groups and offering special possibilities to all the members or an individual client.
Build a positive brand image and raise your customer conversion by tailoring your catalog to the specific needs of each of the groups.
Increase sales by identifying the needs of a definite group and thus turning more visitors into regular shoppers and establishing more close relationships.
How to create and assign customer groups in Magento 2?
- Log in to your Admin Panel and go to 'Stores → Other Settings → Customer Groups'.
- Then click on the 'Add New Customer Group' button, fill in the Name, and choose the Tax Class.
- Save the changes.
- To assign customers to the new group, go to 'Customers → All Customers' and choose the customer from the list.
- After that, open the 'Actions' dropdown, select 'Assign a Customer Group' and pick the needed group. Click 'OK' in the popup to save the changes.
Configure price visibility per an individual customer. This will help you manage personalized marketing campaigns and show that you care about the clients.
- Create conditions your customers should meet to get access to price information (e.g.: female users on the main website).
- After you made Categories settings of the new rule, go to Additional Filtering Options menu.
- Enable the Price Range option to set up the price range for the rule: By Price, From Price, To Price.
- Navigate to 'Actions' settings and set 'Hide Price' to 'Yes' for not to display it to a previously configured customer group.
- Choose one of the default blocks for product and category pages that will be displayed on the frontend instead of price. You can also create a custom block in advance and choose it from the drop-down menu while configuring a new rule. Change the title and content if needed, add images or links you want.
- For this, choose 'Replace to request form' from the 'Hide price' dropdown in the 'Display Options' of the 'Actions' menu.
How to restrict products visibility by customer groups in Magento 2?
There are cases when you need to make special products visible to one customer group only. Say, you decide to create ‘club membership’ in your store for regular buyers and give the members an access to exclusive products, special price goods and other ‘club’ perks. In this case, customizing your catalog visibility is a right solution.
Catalog price rules, as well as shipping cart price rules, can be restricted by customer group with the native settings (Promotions → Catalog Price Rules or → Shopping Cart Price Rules).
However, the possibilities are not enough to restrict specific products (categories or even store views) by customer group. But the good news is we know that the module can help you with that.
- Provide selective access to different category and product pages for particular customer groups. When the product category is restricted to a specific Magento 2 customer group, just redirect them to a certain CMS or 404 page.
- In the 'Edit Rule' menu, restrict the visibility of the ‘Add to wish list’, ‘Add to compare’ buttons to motivate customers to register or perform the other actions you may need. This is how the option will work on the frontend:
6 features for developers
#1. Custom themes compatibility
The extension is fully compatible with 3rd-party design themes for your Magento 2 store. Hence, these themes will not affect the module features. You can hide price on particular pages with any custom design you choose.
#2. Advanced events support
To achieve the desired catalog structure you may utilize the advanced customer group conditions. With the extension, you can rely on the code quality and the events support.
#3. Fast catalog search
According to the researches, about 79% of customers will avoid your store if they face low site performance. Our extension is designed to save your server resources despite the lightning fast catalog search.
#4. Multiple indexers support
On the average, a 1-second delay results in a 7% reduction in conversion. The module comes equipped with 3 indexers to ensure high page loading speed.
#5. Force sign in
By configuring products and price visibility to registered customers only, you can motivate your visitors to create a customer account. This, in turn, will place your visitors closer to get the shopping done.
#6. Private sales
You can’t market to everyone equally well. However, you can apply a customized approach to multiple Magento 2 customer groups. By meeting specific group needs you can win more sales and build more sustainable relationships.
Involve customers into negotiations
Choose the solution according to your business needs
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
There was a glitch with products visibility because my theme is free. Amasty fixed the issue and explained why my theme is not very good. I changed the theme and some other glitches are now gone.
Your help is very appreciated by small business owners that are not technical specialists.
The support team did their best and assisted in the module configuration. We are happy with the purchase!
Fortunately, the support appeared to be very helpful and fixed everything within a couple of hours. Anyway, you never know whether the app will work for this or that custom theme on not - it's like a lottery game. That's why I give this app only 4 stars.
Great extension, great support!!!
Thanks to this extension that we could bring marketing dreams into technical reality.
5 / 5
Functions as Described
5 / 5
5 / 5
Had an issue with category being visible after that was disabled with this module. All the other blockings worked fine. Amasty fixed the compatability issue that was causing the issue on my custom theme.
GREAT support and a brilliant module for those that need this functionality.
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
Magento 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 (including 2.3.4)
- Improvement now in email notifications added ability to insert a Store View variable
- Fix we solved the problem with deleting conditions from rules
- Fix we solved the problems with SQL queries caching
- Fix we solved the problem with address conditions in rules
- Improvement compatibility with Magento Elastic Search was enhanced
- Compatibility with Magento Elastic Search was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with Amasty 'Advanced Permissions' extension was enhanced
- Fix the issue with a hided product in the cart after logging in for Magento 2.3 was resolved
- Fix the error on the home page for the newly created customer with a hidden category for his customer group was resolved
- Fix the error 'Integrity constraint violation: Column 'entity_id' in where clause is ambiguous' for Magento 2.2.7 EE was resolved
- Fix the issue with hiding "Add to wishlist" and "Add to compare" buttons for specific SKUs was resolved
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento 2.3.x was enhanced
- Fix the issue with tables size while creating rules in the admin area was resolved
- Improvement the extension's operation with Data Base was improved. The improvement is going to reduce the number of rows in the 'amasty_groupcat_rule_customer' table. Kindly run reindex after updating the extension.
- Fix the issue with not correct restricting items was resolved
- Improvement minor visual improvement for the extension settings in the admin panel
- Improvement the extension was optimized for better database performance
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento Elastic Search was improved
- Fix the misspelling issue that was leading to products not being displayed in the catalog was fixed
- Fix the issue when the hidden price remains visible in the page's meta data was resolved
- Improvement the stability enhancement for certain MySQL scenarios was implemented
- Fix the issue with products display on a category page after filtering for the outdated Magento versions was resolved
- Fix the issue with the empty array during indexing was resolved
- New the functionality to comply with the latest GDPR EU changes was added
- Fix the issue with reindex after the customer data modification was fixed
- Fixed an issue with the multiselect validation
- Improvement added the handle exception for deleted products during indexation
- Fixed an issue with the reindex in the attribute gallery
- Fixed an issue with caching
- Fixed an issue with the empty email template for an administrator reply to a customer
- Fixed an issue with the customer rules reindexing
- Compatibility with the Amasty Full Page Cache Warmer extension was added
- Fixed the issue with installation on Magento Commerce
- New feature: now, you can use a 'Get a Quote' form instead of price and manage the incoming requests on the separate grid.
- Fixed the issue with reindex in Magento Commerce (Enterprise Edition)
- Fixed the issue with serialize/unserialize data after upgrade Magento from 2.1.x to 2.2 version
- Fixed the issue when restrictions were not applying instantly after customer creation
- Magento 2.2 compatibility introduced
- Added Customer Conditions tab
- Compatible with Amasty Customer Attributes extension
- Added Customer index for the Group Catalog Rule
- Compatibility with Magento 2.1.8 improved
- JS error fix in Conditions
- Minor fixes
- Better compatibility with custom themes
- Few observers added for better extension customization possibilities
- Fix for situation when there are no CMS blocks created in Magento
- Minor improvement for handling errors
- Minor fix for indexer
- Minor fix for flat catalog
- Improvement for flat catalog mode
- Usability improvement for store select component
- Minor fix for applying rules to all store views
- Major refactoring of the extension code to improve performance and compatibility
- New feature to allow to hide add to cart button while showing price
- New feature to allow to set priority for the rules
- Layered navigation filters now exclude restricted products which results into correct count value
- Improvements for database architecture to improve speed
- Now rule can affect several stores
- Extension workflow improvements for cached data for different customer groups
- Fixed installation error on some Mysql versions
- Minor fix for extension installation file
- Fix for caching add to cart button
- Attributes in navigation, which have all products restricted, will be removed
- Improvements for pages with layered navigation
- Tested for Magento 2.1
- Improvements for single-store installations
- Bugfix for processing rules on stores with a large number of customer groups
- Minor improvement
- Minor improvement for translation file
- Fix for related block for configurable products
- Fix for "Missing array key" error
- Minor improvement