Blog Pro | v2.1.1
Equip your website with a powerful content marketing tool
Blogging has become an essential part of any successful online business. Today it’s one of the best ways to draw massive targeted traffic to your website. Therefore, due to a properly run blog you can easily keep your customers informed about company products, promotions and sales as well as to receive customers’ feedback in the comments.
With the Blog Pro Magento extension you can easily create informative blog posts spicing them up with catchy images, videos and other types of visual content. Effectively moderate blog comments, customize blog posts layout and make your content SEO-friendly.
Improved blog usability
Responsive template design
Responsive Magento blog design lets store visitors read posts on all types of gadgets. Due to the convenient off-canvas menu, they will be able to easily use blog search option as well as to take advantage of numerous blog widgets.
Handy widgets will help you draw customers’ attention to useful information about your blog on Magento and store items. Choose as many different widget blocks as you need and place them in different places on the blog pages.
Available widget types:
- New products link;
- Category block;
- Recently viewed products;
- Recent posts;
- Recently compared products;
- Recent comments;
- Tagged posts;
- Link, block;
- Category link;
- Product link;
- Orders and returns;
- Archive Sidebar block;
Flexible Magento Blog extension settings allow you to arrange desktop and mobile blog posts according to your specific needs. Use the constructor option to arrange blocks on the main blog page as well as on blog post pages. You can drag, add, delete, and interchange the position of the blocks. The layouts for mobile version are defined in the same way.
Custom blog layout
When editing the layout of the main Magento blog pro page choose either "List" or "Grid" layout type. In case you select the "Grid" type, you can also specify the grid width for each particular post.
Manage tags display
Use attractive 3D cloud of tags on blog post pages. Customize cloud display by specifying its:
- Color Scheme;
- Text Color;
Customize 'Recent Posts' block
Blog for Magento allows you to specify how many recent posts you want to add to the block and choose whether to display short content for each post. You can also define the maximal number of characters allowed for a short post.
Quality content definitely deserves to be spread. Why not help your blog readers easily share your posts with friends in social networks and draw massive traffic to your website? With the Magento blog module you can display sharing buttons on each blog post page.
Easy blog management
Handy WYSIWYG Editor
Blog Pro extension lets you keep all necessary tools at hand to quickly edit any blog post you need. The intuitive dashboard, dressed in clear icons, will help you enrich your text content with an accurate table or a list.
Fast image upload
It’s difficult to imagine a good blog post without images. Blog Pro extension allows uploading pictures in different ways:
- Upload images through the AJAX window;
- Select them from the images uploaded for previous posts;
- Use ‘drag-and-drop’ option.
Effective Comments Management
No blog is alive without customer feedback. Due to comments you can gather priceless information about your customers and potential clients. The Blog Pro tool enables you to easily edit all comments and reply to customers right from the admin panel. You can also use the ‘auto- approve’ feature to automatically approve all new comments.
Set any blog author as default
This feature is very useful for those who have one major blog writer and doesn’t need to specify a new author for each blog article. Apart from that, you can also enable links to the author’s account pages in such social networks as Google+, Facebook and Twitter.
A well thought-out content optimization will definitely improve your positions in search results, thus attracting more potential customers. With the advanced blog Magento editor you can specify meta titles, keywords and descriptions for the whole blog, each particular blog post, category or a blog post tag. You can also add blog content (posts, categories, archives, tags) to the sitemap and create special SEO-friendly URLs for each blog post.
Manage search settings
It’s possible to define which type of search should be used in your store's blog.
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Built-in search engine is preselected by default. It’s a resourceful but powerful solution; offers synonyms to the customer’s search request;
- Fulltext Search uses MYSQL algorithms; corrects typos automatically;
- MySQL LIKE Search is the fastest type of search that works with the exact matches. If visitors are mostly searching your store for particular models, this type of search would be the most suitable.
Allow guest comments
If you want to motivate blog readers get registered on your website, you can disable guest comments. In this case customers will be asked to log in or create an account.
Schedule blog posts
Easily schedule posts to automatically publish themselves according to your publication plan.
Send email notifications
Notify blog administrators about new comments and added blog posts. This option will help timely moderate all blog comments, filter spam in your blog and keep your blog content under total control. With the extension you can also send email notifications to customers to inform them about new comments or replies left by other blog readers.
Advanced extension options
Blog Pro Magento editor offers a rich set of options to make your work with blog posts as comfortable as it can be and provides your customers with the best user experience.
- Double links deleting
- User-friendly links
- Ability to specify Meta title regardless of post title
- SEO friendly URLs and rel=next/rel=prev tags for blog
- Ability to use rel="author" Meta Tag from Google
- Ability to use rel="nofollow" attribute for links in comments
- Tags autocompleting while post editing
- Ability to mass apply tags
- Ability to edit and delete tags
- Autosave while editing a post
- Visualized layout constructor for blog pages
- Anti-bot protection for comments and replies
- Mass Update Store View for posts and categories
- Ability to use thumbnails
- Thumbnail in displayed in the Recent Posts widget
- "Delete" action for comments in grid
- Notifications Sending Queue in the backend
- Open Graph and Twitter Card meta tags for posts
- Search suggestions for mistypes in search query
- Possibility to disable comments for some post
- Possibility to change the number of posts per page
- Possibility to use "More Tag" in full content field
- Automatically Meta Data generation for post
- Ability to duplicate post and category
- Ability to schedule posts with future date release with notification via email
- RSS support for:
- Native RSS integration
- Frontend Post URL hint for Hidden Post
- Content Caching System
- "Print" button on top of a post page
- Images without links are zoomed via Lightbox
- Return back to comments after login
- Ability to use "12 minutes ago" labels for dates
- RSS Link on top of blog page
- Multistore support
- Smart Store View Filter
- Import posts from Wordpress via API
- Import posts from aheadWorks Blog
30-day moneyback guarantee for all extensions. No questions asked.
There is a detailed user guide with examples even for tiny addons. FAQ section and videos also available.
Careful in-house testing ensures you get robust applications. Multiple stores support. Custom themes compatibility. All included.
Our support service is friendly and of high quality. And it is free. Unbelievably. Just check independent reviews at Magento Connect.
Nice and easy to use interfaces. Fast algorithms. Save your time and get things done.
No product or store view or domain limits. No monthly fees. No hidden charges. One extension license for one Magento installation.
We've been in the market for 5+ years. We're proud to be a Bronze partner and are planning to stick to Magento platform for years ahead. We're doing our best to build extensions which maximize effectiveness of your business. We're open to customers' suggestions and constantly update our products to match your needs.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- W3C Validated Code
- How can I pay for Amasty extensions?
- What is the license policy? On how many websites can I use Amasty extensions?
- How to install Magento extension by Amasty?
- Can I test an Amasty extension on a staging site before transferring it to a live one?
- Can I get a refund if an extension doesn’t suit me?
- Will I get any other benefits?
- Does this blog extension integrate Magento with another CMS like WordPress?
- Is this Blog Pro mobile-friendly?
- Can I customize the layout of the blog?
- Can I preview articles before posting them?
- Is it possible to have multiple authors on my Magento blog?
- Will blog posts URLs be added to my XML sitemap automatically?
- What widgets can be added to my Magento blog?
- Can I add a snippet of latest blog post to the site pages?
- Can I import blog posts from another blog?
- Can I add a blog URL to my main top Magento navigation?
- How do I add a link to my Blog to the Footer?
First of all, this is my first Amasty extension so my experience with this company is based entirely on it.
I had a blog on my site previously but used CMS pages for that which is not a way out at all. This extension makes it really easy to manage posts and in general makes a blog similar to a blog but not to just some random pages on an eCommerce site.
Configuration is easy, it took time to set up the options. I had a problem on installation and even send a note to Amasty support, but then managed to solve it myself by clearing cache.