Blog Pro for Magento 1
Create responsive blog posts with a handy WYSIWYG editor, easily customize posts display with a layout constructor and make them user and SEO-friendly.
- Take advantage of responsive layout design
- Use numerous handy widgets
- Customize blog posts display
- Make blog posts SEO-friendly
- Send admin and customer notifications
- GDPR compliant
Blogging has become an essential part of any successful online business. Today it’s one of the best ways to draw massive targeted traffic to your website. A fully-fledged Magento 1 blog extension can help you run the blog properly, keep your customers informed about company products, promotions and sales, and receive their feedbacks in the comments.
With the Blog Pro Magento 1 extension you can easily create informative blog posts spicing them up with catchy images, videos and other types of visual content. Use our Magento 1 GDPR to effectively moderate blog comments in compliance with the EU's requirements, customize blog posts layout and make your content SEO-friendly.
What benefits do you get for your store
Attract new customers and enlarge your brand awareness
Improve your SEO ranking positions and outperform competitors
Involve visitors into a closer relationship with your store
Drive more potential customers to your store
Share valuable info with your shoppers
Using the Magento Blog module, you can easily create an informative and content-rich platform for your customers. Create an unlimited number of posts, add various media files and customize posts display to make content extremely useful and easy to get. The set of advanced module features allows you to achieve multiple business and marketing goals using one solution.
Make buyers go deeper into your store
Show featured, recent and relevant posts in separate blocks to engage customers. Apply tags to provide shoppers with all the info they are interested in. In addition to this, you can let them leave comments to involve visitors in discussions and, thus, easily build your customer base. By the way, you are free to limit leaving comments availability for guests or even registered customers as well.
Responsive template design
Responsive Magento 1 blog design lets store visitors read posts on all types of devices. Due to the convenient off-canvas menu, they will be able to easily use the blog search option and take advantage of numerous blog widgets both from mobiles and desktop with the same convenience.
Informative blog widgets
Handy widgets will help you draw customers’ attention to recent or tagged blog posts, recent comments, blog categories and blog archives. Choose as many different widget blocks as you need and place them on various webstore pages to attract more attention to blog activities.
Make your blog maximally appealing with the available widget types:
- New products link;
- Category block;
- Recently viewed products;
- Recent posts;
- Recently compared products;
- Recent comments;
- Tagged posts;
- Link, block;
- Category link;
- Product link;
- Orders and returns;
- Archive Sidebar block;
Flexible Magento 1 Blog extension settings allow you to arrange desktop and mobile blog posts according to your specific needs. Use the constructor option to arrange blocks on the main blog page as well as on blog post pages. You can drag, add, delete, and interchange the position of the blocks. The layouts for mobile version are defined in the same way.
Custom blog layout
When editing the layout of the main Magento 1 blog pro page choose either "List" or "Grid" layout type. In case you select the "Grid" type, you can also specify the grid width for each particular post.
Manage tags display
Use attractive 3D cloud of tags on blog post pages. Customize cloud display by specifying its:
- Color Scheme;
- Text Color;
Customize 'Recent Posts' block
Blog for Magento 1 allows you to specify how many recent posts you want to add to the block and choose whether to display short content for each post. You can also define the maximal number of characters allowed for a short post.
Quality content definitely deserves to be spread. Why not help your blog readers easily share your posts with friends in social networks and draw massive traffic to your website? With the Magento 1 blog module you can display sharing buttons on each blog post page.
Who is the target audience for social nets and how to deal with it? See here for details.
Comply with EU's GDPR
Click here to learn how GDPR affects your business.
Handy WYSIWYG Editor
Magento Blog plugin lets you keep all necessary tools at hand to quickly edit any blog post you need. The intuitive dashboard, dressed in clear icons, will help you enrich your text content with an accurate table or a list.
Fast image upload
It’s difficult to imagine a good blog post without images. Blog Pro extension allows uploading pictures in different ways:
- Upload images through the AJAX window;
- Select them from the images uploaded for previous posts;
- Use ‘drag-and-drop’ option.
Why your blog should be responsive? See here.
Effective Comments Management
No blog is alive without customer feedback. Due to comments you can gather priceless information about your customers and potential clients. The Blog Pro tool enables you to easily edit all comments and reply to customers right from the admin panel. You can also use the ‘auto- approve’ feature to automatically approve all new comments.
Set any blog author as default
This feature is very useful for those who have one major blog writer and doesn’t need to specify a new author for each blog article. Apart from that, you can also enable links to the author’s account pages in such social networks as Google+, Facebook and Twitter.
A well thought-out content optimization will definitely improve your positions in search results, thus attracting more potential customers. With the advanced blog Magento 1 editor you can specify meta titles, keywords and descriptions for the whole blog, each particular blog post, category or a blog post tag. You can also add blog content (posts, categories, archives, tags) to the sitemap and create special SEO-friendly URLs for each blog post.
Manage search settings
It’s possible to define which type of search should be used in your store's blog according to the general capabilities of your store and server.
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Built-in search engine is preselected by default. It’s a resourceful but powerful solution; offers synonyms to the customer’s search request;
- Fulltext Search uses MYSQL algorithms; corrects typos automatically;
- MySQL LIKE Search is the fastest type of search that works with the exact matches. If visitors are mostly searching your store for particular models, this type of search would be the most suitable.
Allow guest comments
If you want to motivate blog readers get registered on your website, you can disable guest comments. In this case customers will be asked to log in or create an account.
Schedule blog posts
Easily schedule posts to automatically publish themselves according to your publication plan.
Send email notifications
Keep your blog administrators notified about new comments and added blog posts. This option will help timely moderate all blog comments, filter spam in your blog and keep your blog content under total control. With the extension, you can also send email notifications to customers to inform them about new comments or replies left by other blog readers. Thus, you will stimulate them to come back and continue surfing the blog.
Blog Pro Magento editor offers a rich set of options to make your work with blog posts as comfortable as it can be and provides your customers with the best user experience.
- Double links deleting
- User-friendly links
- Ability to specify Meta title regardless of post title
- SEO friendly URLs and rel=next/rel=prev tags for blog
- Ability to use rel="author" Meta Tag from Google
- Ability to use rel="nofollow" attribute for links in comments
- Tags autocompleting while post editing
- Ability to mass apply tags
- Ability to edit and delete tags
- Autosave while editing a post
- Visualized layout constructor for blog pages
- Anti-bot protection for comments and replies
- Mass Update Store View for posts and categories
- Ability to use thumbnails
- Thumbnail in displayed in the Recent Posts widget
- "Delete" action for comments in grid
- Notifications Sending Queue in the backend
- Open Graph and Twitter Card meta tags for posts
- Search suggestions for mistypes in search query
- Possibility to disable comments for some post
- Possibility to change the number of posts per page
- Possibility to use "More Tag" in full content field
- Automatically Meta Data generation for post
- Ability to duplicate post and category
- Ability to schedule posts with future date release with notification via email
- RSS support for:
- Native RSS integration
- Frontend Post URL hint for Hidden Post
- Content Caching System
- "Print" button on top of a post page
- Images without links are zoomed via Lightbox
- Return back to comments after login
- Ability to use "12 minutes ago" labels for dates
- RSS Link on top of blog page
- Multistore support
- Smart Store View Filter
- Import posts from Wordpress via API
- Import posts from 3rd party extensions
Built-in spam and fraud protection with Google Invisible reCaptcha
The Magento 1 Blog Pro extension comes with the built-in Google Invisible reCaptcha module that protects your comments form from spam and frauds. Benefit from the most advanced security tool and boost your store security.
No, the extension doesn't offer Magento WordPress integration. However, you'll manage to add a blog within Magento, which eliminates any requrement for an additional website installation.
Yes, our Blog Pro is absolutely mobile-friendly. The extension offers 4 layout types: desktop layouts for the main blog page and for a post page and the same ones for mobile devices.
Yes, with the use of the extension your blog inside Magento can be highly customized. This means you can choose one of the four layout types, as well as the number of listed posts on the homepage. Read on to see how to make all the settings.Read the FULL answer
Yes, sure. Only this way you will be able to achieve the formatting you need.
Yes, an author can be stated in post settings:
Some of your posts may be included in multiple categories and have several tags. That's why different category and tag pages can posses the same content that search engines mark as duplicated. Hide these pages from indexation to avoid this problem.
Yes, as we don't create a separate blog sitemap, but add posts to the website sitemap.Read the FULL answer
There is a number of useful widgets you can display on your blog for different reasons. Continue reading to see the full list.Read the FULL answer
Yes, the extension allows for adding a widget with latest blog posts to any page of a store. Read on to see the examples.Read the FULL answer
Yes, it’s possible to import your previous blog posts if you used to have a blog on WordPress. Read on to see the settings.Read the FULL answer
Yes, you can make a blog URL visible in the footer using a special option. Continue reading to see where to find it.Read the FULL answer
You can add a link to your blog to the footer using the 'Footer Menu Integration' setting. Read on to see how to make it.
Yes, there is compatibility between our Blog Pro and Google Invisible reCaptcha. Follow the link below to see the settings.Read the FULL answer
Does this blog extension integrate Magento with another CMS like WordPress?
Is this Blog Pro mobile-friendly?
Can I customize the layout of the blog?
Can I preview articles before posting them?
Is it possible to have multiple authors on my Magento blog?
How to hide the blog pages from search engine crawlers to avoid duplicate content issue?
Will blog posts URLs be added to my XML sitemap automatically?
What magento widgets can be added to my blog?
Can I add a snippet of latest blog post to the site pages?
Can I import blog posts from another blog?
Can I add a blog URL to my main top Magento navigation?
How do I add a link to my Blog to the Footer?
Is the Blog Pro extension compatible with Amasty Google Invisible reCapcha?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
First of all, this is my first Amasty extension so my experience with this company is based entirely on it.
I had a blog on my site previously but used CMS pages for that which is not a way out at all. This extension makes it really easy to manage posts and in general makes a blog similar to a blog but not to just some random pages on an eCommerce site.
Configuration is easy, it took time to set up the options. I had a problem on installation and even send a note to Amasty support, but then managed to solve it myself by clearing cache.
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
CE 1.4.x - 1.9.x, EE 1.8.x - 1.14.x
- Fix we corrected html redactor issue in Chrome browser
- Fix the issue with success message was resolved
- Fix the issue with WYSIWYG malfunction was resolved
- Improvement the jQuery Migrate library was updated to the latest version (3.0.0). Thus the security of the extension was enhanced.
- Improvement the ability to adjust height and width for a youtube video block was added
- Fix the issue with loading blog homepage was resolved
- Fix security issues were resolved
- New the possibility to add the custom title to the blog block created via widget was added
- Compatibility the compatibility with the Amasty Advanced Permissions extension was improved
- Improvement the https compatibility was improved
- New the functionality to comply with the latest GDPR EU changes was added
- Fix the vulnerability with the cross-site scripting was fixed
- Minor code improvements
- New now, the module comes with the Google Invisible reCaptcha extension built-in to protect custom forms from spam and fraud
- Compatibility with security patch SUPEE-10266 is added
- Minor fixes
- Redirect issues fixed
- A number of general improvements
- Security enhancement
- Compatibility with the XML Sitemap extension improved
- Few minor fixes and improvements
- Minor code refactoring
- Two new search options added: Fulltext Search; MySQL LIKE Search; in addition to built-in search engine
- Fix for caching pages when posts have same URL key (on different stores, for example)
- Possibility to specify "canonical" URL tag for blog post
- Minor fix for admin URLs
- Fixed issue with previewing post in the backend
- Admin routing patch (SUPEE-6788) compatibility