GDPR for Magento 1
Ensure your business follows all legislative requirements in the most efficient and transparent way with an all-in-one GDPR + CCPA solution. Build a powerful business that fully complies with the data protection regulation terms using the Magento 1 GDPR extension.
- Comply with GDPR Cookie law and CCPA
- Get clear consent on registration, checkout, subscription and contact us forms
- Automatically log all users’ actions
- Handle multiple ‘Delete’ and ‘Anonymize’ requests
- Revise users’ information on convenient grids
As many governments have introduced data processing obligations, e-commerce stores have faced multiple compliance issues. New data protection requirements affected the whole European Union (GDPR and Cookie law) and California state, US (California Consumer Privacy Act). If stores do not follow the requirements indicated in these documents and break customer rights for secure data processing, it may lead to penalties and enormous fines.
Our complex 3-in-1 legislative solution is designed to cover all the requirements established by the GDPR, GDPR Cookie and CCPA documents. The advanced set of features covers the rights of both shoppers and business owners by making data collection transparent and secure. Apply the extension to make sure all data in your Magento 1 web store is processed in a lawful way to avoid penalization and build trust among your target audience.
Protect your business and get benefits
Prevent penalties and fines for illegal and insecure data processing
Build up customer trust and confidence by the compliance with their rights
Quickly get all required consents from visitors
According to the law, store owners can collect and process customer data only after they give their consent for it. Each consent should be transparent and clear for shoppers. Moreover, all consents must be collected separately. With the privacy tool for Magento stores, admins can gather all needed types of consents in a lawful way.
Collect users privacy consents on the registration form
Ask users for privacy consents on the checkout page
Add privacy consent checkbox on contact us page
Ask users accept privacy terms on newsletter subscription
Build loyalty by respecting customer rights
NEW | Let users disallow selling their personal data and cover all CCPA requirements
According to the CCPA document, California citizens must have the right to forbid selling of their personal info. With the extension, they can easily do it right in the customer accounts using a separate privacy section. As an admin, you can check these consents in a Customer Grid and filter shoppers whose info you are allowed or disallowed to process.
Protect private data with a password
To make any update in the privacy settings section of the customer account, a user is required to enter a password. It is designed to protect private information when a customer needs to forbid selling personal info, download all data, anonymize the information or delete an account.
Allow shoppers to download data
To comply with the latest EU's GDPR requirements, all shoppers have the 'right to get access'. It means that your clients should have the option to download ad check all personal information collected about them.
The Magento GDPR extension lets users get a CSV file with their data right from the customer account using just one button, which helps store admins to avoid mistakes and get rid of multiple download requests processing.
Anonymise customers’ data
Another normative requirement indicated that users have the 'right to stay anonymous", if they don't want their personal info to be revealed or processed.
Smart extension features allow you to add a special anonymisation tab to customer account so that site users could hide the information in a split second. All the info provided will be transformed into random symbols, which improves privacy level.
Delete account requests
Also, according to the EU's GDPR, a user should have the ability to delete the account and make sure the personal data has been removed. It falls under the 'right for erasure'.
The Magento GDPR toolkit ensures that customers can leave a request to delete the account. You can manage these requests from the appropriate grid on the backend. Thus, no info will be deleted without admin approval.
Simple and GDPR-compliant user data management
Using the GDPR extension, you can easily revise data on handy grids. The module offers convenient grids to help you manage all data as required by GDPR. See the list of customers with consent, timely send reminders for users without consent. Mass approve or deny anonymization and delete requests to save time.
According to the statistics, Magento GDPR module can cover each business need in synergy with the following solution: magento customer groups.
Do you need specific features added so you can achieve your business goals?
Drop us a line and we'll customize this extension for you!
You can always download the recent version free of charge from your account installing an upgrade is easy
See Magento (and other software) versions we support and guarantee their compatibility with our extensions
- Compatibility the compatibility with Amasty One Step Checkout was improved
- Compatibility the compatibility with Amasty One Step Checkout was improved
- New now the extension supports California Consumer Privacy Act law. New functionality allows you to add a new section to Customer Accounts where they will be able to opt-out from selling their personal information
- Fix we solved the problem with multistores compatibility for email notifications
- Compatibility compatibility with old Magento versions for pop-ap block and password field in Privacy Settings was added
- Fix the possible error 'Class 'Mage_Core_Helper_Cookie' not found in ...' with the cookie confirmation bar been 'ON' was resolved
- Compatibility the compatibility with the 3rd party Magento themes was enhanced
- Improvement IPv6 support was added to Geo IP detection.
- Improvement the possibility to upload the latest Geo IP Database was added
- Compatibility the compatibility with PayPal Express checkout was enhanced
- Fix the issue with wrong geolocation detection was resolved
- Compatibility the compatibility with the 3-rd party extensions was improved
- Improvement Security improvements were implemented
- New now, the cookie bar can be displayed at the top of the screen
- New now, the list of EU countries can be amended from the admin panel
- Fix the issue with emails on denying a customer's personal data delete request was fixed
- Fix the issue with using PayPal on checkout was resolved
- Compatibility the compatibility with the Amasty Full Page Cache extension was improved
- Compatibility the compatibility with the 3rd party extensions was enhanced
- Improvement the stability was enhanced
- New the ability to anonymize personal data for the order placed by a guest was added
- Compatibility the compatibility with the 'Checkout with Multiple Addresses' feature was improved
- New the ability to disable certain sections in the Privacy Settings of the customer account was added. Now, you can hide any of three available sections (download data, anonymize data, or request to remove account)
- Improvement now, a customer can download, anonymize or delete its personal data only after entering the password
- Improvement the request for GeoIP location was optimized for better performance
- Improvement the notification when deleting the customer account was improved
- Compatibility the compatibility with the 3rd party extensions was improved
- Compatibility the compatibility with PayPal Express was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with 3rd party extensions was improved
- New now, the sample policy is created during the extension installation
- Compatibility the compatibility with older Magento versions was improved
- New now, the extension notifies an admin via email when a request to delete account is created
- Compatibility the compatibility with 3rd party extensions and themes was improved
- Improvement the extension's translation file was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with the 3rd party checkout extensions was improved
- Improvement the consent request was improved
- Fix the issue with the popup position was resolved
- Fix the problem with the GeoIP data import was resolved
- Fix the issue with permissions was resolved