Sage Pay Integration for Magento 2
- accept the most popular credit cards
- track transaction status
- accept Gift Aid donations
- let users pay by MOTO
- surcharge extra fee
- set payment restrictions
→ Please, notice that the extension described on this page is not in development, and we are checking the demand. If you are interested in the release, leave your email in the form to the right of the page.
What is Sage Pay, and why integrate it into Magento 2?
Opayo (also known as Sage Pay) is a UK payments provider. In 2019 this gateway was used in 50 000 online and offline stores. Here are 4 reasons why use this payment gateway:
- Security level. Sage Pay complies with the PCI DSS Level 1. This is the highest level of data and transaction protection against fraud. Moreover, they use 3 additional security tools for extra protection: AVS, CVC, 3D Secure.
- Fast payments. Sage Pay uses Credit Card Vault to save credit card data as tokens and use them for repeat purchases. This reduces time on proceeding the transaction thanks to the ready token.
- Multiple card types support. This payment gateway supports all major cards like Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express, JCB, Diners Club, and Laser.
- Multi-channel support. Opayo allows your admin users to accept orders made by phone or email, which is also known as MOTO. It makes payments even more convenient for customers.
Top features of the Sage Pay Magento 2 extension
With our Magento Sage Pay integration, your customers will be able to pay with any credit card they are used to. This extension will support the most popular cards. Moreover, you can charge an extra fee for specific cards.
Also, you can set up payment restrictions. For example, if you don’t ship to specific countries, you can exclude them from the list. We plan to make this extension compatible with our Payment Restrictions plugin. Thus, you will be able to configure complex payment rules.
PCI DSS level 1 compliance
PCI DSS level 1 is the highest level of data and transaction protection against fraud. To comply with this standard, the extension will have 3 security levels:
- Tokenization: this plugin will encrypt card data in the token. If the customer agrees to save their credit card data for future payments, the system will save only this token instead of card data. Customers will be able to check all the saved cards in their accounts and delete outdated info if needed.
- Credit Verification Value/ Address Verification System: It helps to identify the card user and prevent stealing card data from the issuer.
- 3D Secure 2.0: as the final security level, users will need to enter a one-time password to complete Strong Customer Authentication. Get more info about 3D Secure and why it’s important from the article about PSD 2 regulation.
Gift Aid donations
UK citizens can use the Gift Aid scheme to decrease their taxes. With Sage Pay for Magento 2, they can donate money to registered charities instead of paying taxes by ticking a special box at the checkout.
Mail Order or Telephone Order allows your managers to accept orders via telephone or email. They can finish checkout and proceed with payments from the backend on behalf of customers. Thus, your clients can make orders on the go that may be especially useful in the B2B market.
As the admin user, you will be able to track all the transactions on a separate grid and get notifications if any transaction fails. Also, you will get a separate report about the orders made through Sage Pay. So, you can view the number of payments with different statuses like canceled, complete, on hold, suspected, etc.
Please leave your email in the form to the right of the page if you want us to develop this module.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.