Custom Form | v1.2.1
Obtain additional customer info by creating various custom forms
It is not possible to create a custom form in the default Magento; up to this time the best you could do was to alter the registration form. Magento Custom Form fills up the gap.
This module is designed to help you adjust Magento to your specific needs. Optimize your Magento form and vary the fields so that the customer won’t get tired or annoyed filling them in. For example, apply psychological trick: ask questions and provide choice of answers. If you put it in a visually small form, users will fill it in on the run with just a click. Keep in mind that most of your clients are likely ready to share some of their personal info, like hobbies or profession, if it won’t take much time. Optimum selection of fields serves this exact purpose.
Magento web forms input types:
Edit or remove fields and forms at any time
Sometimes creating a custom form for Magento can seem a bit tricky. Now you don’t have to worry if you forgot to include a field or don’t need a certain field anymore. This form builder for Magento allows editing a form. You can add, remove or edit fields in no time. You can also mark the field as required for collecting e-mail addresses, for example. Also, now it’s easier to assign IDs for forms’ lines and configure their CSS style the way you wish.
Display several Magento custom forms on one page
Use every opportunity when your clients feel like leaving some feedback, share personal info or take part in a survey. Place several web forms on one of your webstore pages, or even create a separate page for webforms. Allow clients to conveniently communicate with you in full.
Captcha spam protection
On top of that, this Magento form builder extension includes two integrated Captcha functionalities to protect your webshop against spammers and abuse. Zend ReCaptcha will assure that you get only real data.
Choose what page to show after form submission
When a client submits a Magento form, the extension directs him to a certain page on your webstore. You can set the destination page manually, depending on what the form was about. For example, if a survey is on mostly desired stock for next shopping season, lead customer to the newest collection of the present time after form submission. Thus you obtain two goals at a time: you collect feedback and increase conversion rate.
Collect and analyze information
When creating custom forms in your Magento, aim to learn more information about your customers. This module accumulates all the submitted forms in the admin panel. You can refer to this data at any time, analyze it and improve your marketing strategy and customer segmentation.
Setting up Magento web forms with this extension is quick and easy. Try a DEMO and see for yourself.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- W3C Validated Code
We had issues receiving the email notifications when the forms are filled out however Amasty fixed that very quickly for us.
Bit disappointed that it didn't tell us the content of the form via the notification email HOWEVER Amasty have informed us that this will be added soon, which is excellent.
We use Magento 1.9.2.
What we like about custom forms:
1. Easy to create forms (once you figure how to do it. At first it’s tricky though).
2. Any type of field we could possibly need is available
3. Emails with submitted forms are sent to admins; moreover, module keeps statists. We’ve just included forms into the site but later on it would be useful to review the stats and see what types of fields the clients are willing to fulfill.
4. CMS integration of forms is really easy, and it’s possible to preselect to which page customers should be redirected after submitting forms.
Some thoughts for future improvements:
1. Try implementing another captcha, add some contrast to it and make it easier to read
2. There should be an option to read captcha symbols out loud
3. Please work on the frontend part of the forms, add some design elements to make the forms more attractive
4. Please provide email or phone number form validation for registered customers.
Overall the ext is a bit pricey but does the job!