Image Optimization for Magento 1
Improve your online store performance for Google and your clients by optimizing the size of the images. With the help of the Magento image optimization extension, you will not lose the quality of your product images and will increase your ratings in Google PageSpeed Insights.
- Boost your online store effectiveness
- Significantly compress images in Magento 1
- Preserve image quality after compression
- Make your product images SEO-friendly
For those who run a Magento online store is not a secret that product images play a very important role to attract clients’ attention. The big picture sizes can make a store slow and potential customers impatient. The Kissmetrics research shows that a slow page load will leave you without about 40% of clients. Therefore, Magento image compression modules not only help boost your store but also keep your customers in a better mood.
How to figure out when images need optimization? For improving your online store score start with the Google reports tool to see what should be enhanced. The Magento image compression extension will certainly make your images load as fast as possible and you will notice that these changes have a positive effect on your store.
Advanced options for page speed optimization
Compress images in Magento
If you want to enable image compression, you should adjust settings according to the image formats you need to optimize in the extension configurations.
The Magento image compression module will automatically compress jpeg, png, gif product images used in Magento without quality loss.
If there are pictures placed in skin and media directories, you can use CLI (command line interface) to compress them.
Additional settings to make your page optimized
CSS/JS files URLs with a timestamp
Make your store performance even better with Full Page CacheIn addition to the image optimization, you can use Full Page Cache Crawler tool that knows what pages should be cached first to provide your customers only with the positive shopping experience.
And if you need more optimization tools you can try our Magento 2 speed optimization extension.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
CE 1.4.x - 1.9.x, EE 1.8.x - 1.14.x
- New we have added the option to set the level of JPG image optimization. Now it is possible to make the right choice between image quality and image weight
- Improvement we have changed the image optimization text fields in the extension's settings to dropdown-type settings. Thus the security of the extension was enhanced.
- Fix an issue with large CSS files was resolved
- Fix the issue with minifying css with svg images was resolved
- Fix the issue with minification css files was fixed
- Improvement the image optimization was enhanced
- Fix the issue with jpeg file type optimization was fixed
- Fix the issue with broken image urls in the css files was resolved
- Fix the issue with the fingerprint assigned to CSS changes each time the page refreshes was resolved
- Improvement code refactoring was made
- Fix the issue with permissions for button was resolved
- Fix the issue with file in queue does not exist was resolved
- Fix the issue with the undefined jscomp was fixed
- New Allows to minify Java Script from the Debug tab right on the module Configuration page
- Added compatibility with CDN
- Information tab is added. Now you can see the version of installed extension, available updates, User Guide link, conflicts and other useful info in backend
- Fixed an issue when selector in two lines
- Fixed an issue with the minification
- Fixed an issue for multiple stores with URLs, which were included in CSS
- Fixed an issue with the closure compiler cannot convert ES5 into ES6
- Minor improvement: removed the outdated dependency
- Fixed the configuration settings visibility issue for the website scope
- Fixed the problem with the file encoding
- Issue with double slashes in URL was fixed
- Allows to add regular expressions to the ignore list
- Compatibility with older Magento versions
- New feature: HTML minification
- Skip minification of already minified scripts
- Possibility to optimise GIF images
- General performance improved
- JPEG compression set to higher level by default