Full Page Cache for Magento 1
Mobile page speed is an official Google ranking factor since July 2018.
Speed up your Magento using cache to the full. Decrease pages loading time and improve user experience, which leads to a better conversion rate and higher search rankings.
- Magento loads pages much-much faster
- Huge decrease of your server load
- Better search engine indexing and higher rankings
- Dynamic blocks / 'hole punch' support
- Includes cache crawler
- Magento 1 Full Page Cache - how does it work?
- Learn how to 'warm up' cache with crawler
- Use flexible crawler settings;
- See test results: Amasty FPC vs Magento Enterprise FPC;
- Find out how the extension was implemented by others;
- See test results: Amasty Full Page Cache vs Varnish Cache;
- Learn how to configure the module with our detailed user guide;
Why a Magento website has to use a page cache booster?
When you want to make money, you need to provide customers with ease and comfort when navigating your website. A slight delay in product page load, during search operation or while browsing your catalog may result in a lost customer. Forever.
Magento by itself has a caching mechanism, but it does not cache pages. We’ve run a test to check how the FPC affects page serving time. You'll find the test results below.
When you don’t have FPC extension installed, each time a visitor comes to any page of your website, Magento first reads a bunch of configuration files to check which blocks need to be displayed on the page. After that Magento takes each block and starts “generating” it and placing on the page. This all takes much time.
With the Full Page Cache extension, when a visitor comes to any page of your website, the extension already has a ready page to serve. The page had been prepared and saved into cache with the very first visit, so Magento did all the rendering work only once as opposed to each time someone opens the page.
Thus, it saves up to 1-3 seconds on each page request. Respect your customers’ time and they will literally pay you back.
Immediate Page Load
According to our research and tests, regular product view page in Magento takes around 2.2 seconds to load. Using our FPC extension, it takes 45 ms (0.045s) to load the page, which is more than 40 times faster.
Therefore having the same server hardware and configuration, your website can serve much more pages from cache, saving more money.
Setup cache update schedule
You can specify the time period for updating your cache. It will be updated as often as you choose. This will help to keep your data up to date with minimum speed loss. The feature is useful when your website gets updated not only via admin panel (e.g. when products are imported by some automatic script). Changes done via Magento admin panel get cached immediately.
Support for Dynamic Blocks
You’re in control of whether to use dynamic blocks or not. The Full Page Cache extension completely supports caching of dynamic blocks, serving both page and blocks from cache.
Dynamic blocks, such as shopping cart sidebar block, shopping cart floating window, logged in customer welcome message, and others are cached separately for each visitor of your website. And when some page is served from cache, dynamic blocks are being injected automatically into the “holes”. This is also known as holes punch feature.
Moreover, dynamic blocks of 3-rd party extensions are also supported. Specific behavior for such blocks may be configured on advanced level within the extension configuration file.
You might want to disable support of dynamic blocks completely if your custom theme does not use them, or if caching of third-party blocks works incorrectly.
It's hardly possible to overestimate the role of Magento speed optimization, as speed is one of the major factors for Google to rank a website. The page load time is measured by Google and other search engines and used to put your website higher in search results when your loading speed is faster.
In addition to speed increase, the extension has a setting to detect whether a search engine robot or a regular visitor is browsing your website. We applied this SEO feature to help robots index websites more quickly. If it is enabled, the module will load pages for robots even faster, as there is no need to start customer session in such cases.
Ability to exclude pages from caching
If you would like not to cache some pages, you can do so by listing the pages in the extension configuration section. For example, shopping cart page should not be cached, as it’s different each time and for each customer.
Automatic Cache Refresh
The FPC extension automatically keeps cache up-to-date. It refreshes different types of page cache when the information gets modified. For example, when you edit product information, the extension automatically refreshes cache for category, search and product view pages.This is handy, because at some point you or a staff member may forget to flush the cache manually. By the way, manual cache refresh is still available.
Optimized storage usage
The module enables you not to separate cache for different customer groups, thus improving storage usage.
GeoIP Redirect Compatibility
Optimize server load by automatically redirecting store visitors to the already cached pages and decrease the average page loading time. The best solution to navigate users to the required pages is the Amasty GeoIP Redirect extension.
Advanced cache refresh options
- Reset page lifetime after each customer visit. When a particular page is visited by a customer and its cache is 'warmed', the page lifetime will be automatically reset. With this option you can easily optimize the cache process and keep all site pages timely cached.
- Automatically flush product pages cache after each purchase: choose whether to flush only product pages cache or the cache of associated pages as well.
- The extension offers an automatic cache clearing for the pages that depends on catalog price rules and pages with special prices set for particular dates.
Cleanup old session files and report files
If left unchecked, Magento session files can grow out of control and have a negative impact on your store performance. Now you can automatically delete outdated session and report files using FPC extension. Additionally, you can determine how often (in days) you need to remove old session files.
Debug Mode and Workflow Information
You can enable debug mode to make sure the extension serves pages from cache and to see page load times. Red frames will highlight the module configuration issues and help you to find and fix problems faster if they occur. Enable debug hints and you’ll never be misled while configuring Full Page Cache.
Clear cache for specific pages individually
It may be necessary to clear cache on each specific page individually. With the Full Page Cache extension, you can do this either programmatically or via GET Param. To activate the option for a specific product, you may as well employ product grid update attributes mass action.
Enable debug mode via GET parameters
In case on your website IP detection is not working properly you can enable/disable debug mode on the store page via GET parameters.
Cache storage compression
This option enables you to quickly compress your data for cache storage. You can also specify the level of compression.
Possibility to limit cache size
Specify maximal database cache storage size in Megabytes to limit cache generation according to your needs.
Mobile themes support
With this option you'll be able to cache your mobile and web browser pages separately.
Multi currency sites support
The Full Page Cache extension also supports multi currency websites.
Support for SSL
The extension works with any kind of SSL secure sites. All secure pages get cached.
Compatibility for CDN
Whether you use Content Distribution Networks or not, the Full Page Cache extension will cache your entire page either way. Together with CDN you can get even better load speed results.
The mod supports native Magento mechanisms
We used only native Magento functionality to create the extension. It supports any Magento backend caches, so you have a choice what to use. As for:
- File Cache
The speed up Magento extension also supports Magento mobile theme, multiple stores & currency, doesn't depend on a webserver.
Moreover, our Full Page Cache extension is compatible with 3-rd party extensions and themes, it can cache any page, not depending if it's a standard Magento page (like category or product page) or a page created by some extension.
Cache AJAX requests
The extension is fully compatible with the Landing Pages Amasty extension.Rich even higher search ranking positions and better conversion rate due to the synergistic work of these modules.
Why do you need a cache crawler?
Full Page Cache Crawler is an indispensable tool when it comes to 'warming the cache' for better page load performance. The pages visited by a great number of users require much more time and server resources during the first request for cache generation, while the following requests are performed faster, because the site displays cached content. Therefore, to make this process less time consuming and invisible for store visitors, the crawler is developed to crawl and request popular pages when the number of visitors is minimal.
How does the crawler work?
Full Page Cache crawler carefully sorts site pages choosing those that should be cached first of all and adds them to the queue. After the queue is generated, the crawler processes it using cron. The pages are generated emulating various combinations of parameters and then are cached.
The correct support of the If-Modified-Since HTTP header
If your webshop has thousands of pages which are being constantly but not evenly updated, the feature will do you a great service. Googlebot has limited numbers of pages to index within a one-time interval. It may loose much of the crawl budget on the pages that were not modified since the last update. The feature allows skipping such pages and re-indexing only modified ones. Thus, significantly increasing the amount of re-indexed pages.
Set parameters for page combinations
Each link from the queue is to be checked with all settings combinations from General Settings tab and with default settings, it means when there is no directions for the link. One can easily specify the following parameters for page combinations:
- Customer groups;
- Store views;
- Process mobile view ('yes'/'no');
Queue options tab includes a rich list of settings that will help you to fine tune crawling process according to your needs.
- The number of page URLs that should be processed at a single cron run;
- The maximal number of page URLs (rows) displayed on the queue grid;
- The source from which the links for crawling will be extracted;
- Pages that should be excluded from the crawling process;
- Set the maximal number of logs displayed on the log grid;
- Force cron job actions at any time you need;
- Enable the display of warning notifications in case of cron task performance issues;
Due to fancy visual statistics you will easily keep track of crawling progress. Different types of data are carefully arranged in separate tabs:
- Codes of crawled pages statuses;
- Crawled pages;
- Page load time;
- Detailed queue processing information;
Customize crawler work
For a proper crawler work now you can:
- Regenerate cache lifetime - it means that if a particular page has been already cached, the cache lifetime will be automatically reset;
- Re-crawl page - this setting will not only reset page lifetime, but newly cache the page;
Step by step user guide to configure the module
See a thorough instruction here, it explaines how to configure the module in details. Just select the tab with the info you want to learn at the top right corner.
Customers frequently ask us how much faster Amasty Full Page Cache is, compared to Magento Enterprise Full Page Cache. So, to get the precise data we decided to conduct a series of tests. We ran rounds of tests for 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 simultaneous users.
The results showed that Amasty Full Page Cache surpassed Magento Enterprise Full Page Cache in most of the actions.To demonstrate how this works for your business, here’s the table of performance improvement you can get if you replace Magento Enterprise Full Page Cache with Amasty Magento FPC.
Apart from that, with the FPC Amasty tool you can:
- Cache AJAX requests of the Improved Layered Navigation;
- Use advanced cache crawler to constantly keep your cache 'warm';
- See handy visual cache stats;
Our customers were curious to find out how our extension stacks up against other modules on the market. So we've decided to conduct a study comparing Amasty Full Page Cache and Varnish Cache.
The results were astonishing. With our Full page cache 14 tested pages load 2-4 times faster than using Varnish Cache together with a Magento integration extension Turpentine. You can see the most significant difference when a user first visits a website, which is clearly the most important moment in visitor's path to purchase.
Unfortunately, the current behavior is common for websites with a high quantity of pages and visits. Please read the long answer to learn a few workarounds for the problem.
For the Full Page Cache module, there are four available cache storages that will influence the overall cache performance. These are Redis, Database, Server, Memcache and each one of them has its pros and cons. Read the full answer to get more details on them.
Yes, the Full Page Cache extension supports Redis. To see the full list of supported Magento caches continue reading.
Yes, the Full Page Cache extension offers to apply the hole punch to blocks. See the complete answer to learn the full list.
Amasty Full Page Cache module supports any server configuration, no additional software is required.
It depends on your current TTFB and server. According to the tests we conducted, our FPC extension can save seconds of loading time which may be critical for your visitors and ROI as a result. Read on to see the tests results.
Yes, this can be achieved with a cache crawler which is included in FPC. You will also need your XML sitemap which contains links to all pages of your site (you will be provided with all the detailed instructions on how to use Amasty cache crawler for that).
Each store will have separate cache warmer. This ensures that all the information shown to your visitors is correct. What is more, you can create as many combinations for Amasty cache crawler (included into FPC) as possible to ‘warm up’ them.
Yes, it’s possible. You will just need to indicate the store ID in the Observer file.
Yes, sure you can keep all the checkout pages uncached for correct operation of the process. Use special settings listed in the full answer to conduct caching of the needed areas.
You can set best Magento Full Page Cache plugin's cache options for each customer group to make sure all blocks, prices, etc. are displayed correctly.
FPC can be refreshed at any time via admin panel or with the help of a script.
Yes, you can do that by creating a special file and listing in it the pages where you need to flush FPC (you will be provided with all the detailed instructions on how to do that).
Yes, Amasty Cachespeed extension fully supports HTTPs.
The extension supports responsive mobile interface. All you need for this is to enable mobile design in the general settings section. Go on reading to follow detailed instructions.
Yes, Full Page Cache settings provide an ability to change cache lifetime (in hours).
A large number of pages may receive "Cache miss" status because 'curl' is used as the User Agent. Read the full answer to see the settings.
The core_cache table is constantly increasing. What can be done to resolve this issue?
How to change cache storage location?
Does Amasty FPC extension support Redis?
Can certain blocks be excluded from Full Page Cache?
What server configuration is supported by FPC?
How much will Amasty FPC speed up my site?
Can all store pages be cached at once?
How does FPC work for multi-language websites?
Can I disable FPC on a particular store-view?
Can I disable FPC on login/register sections and checkout?
I have many customer groups. How FPC will handle that?
Can I refresh Full Page Cache when needed?
Can I refresh FPC for only some pages of my site?
Does FPC work properly on HTTPs sites?
I have a mobile site. How your Full Page Cache module will work on it?
Can I modify when Full Page Cache should expire?
Almost half of the pages are "Cache Miss"! What should be done to solve it?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
I need not have worried... this extension just works... minimal set up time / most default options were fine... within about 5 minutes my site was serving cached pages in a fraction of the time. Really great extension ... well done amasty.
Anyway, our store performance has really improved according to the tests we've run and hopefully you won't stop improving the tool to feed us with more advanced options.
Einrichtung war bissl kompliziert, aber Support Team von Amasty hat sehr schnell geholfen. War Porblem mit Cron-Jobs.
Support ist auch sehr hilfsbereit und blitzschnell! Alle Fragen sowie Hilfe seits Amasty sehr schnell und professionell.
Amasty FPC is by far the best with flawless hole punch and dynamic block support.
Customer service is superb.
Special thanks to Amasty support team. They were very helpful and friendly. Keep it up, guys!
So if you are searching for some caching system to use on your store, go for this one, we love it!
However, we had some problems after installation, that's why I give a 4. Amasty fixed the problem, I'm not sure what caused it.
This mod works perfectly on the front-end, but my back-end isn't faster, I'm not sure whether it should be but still. All in all, thanks for creating this extension, I would never do that!
But I have some issue when customize it so I ask the support. they help me to solve this problem. And Now, it works like a charm.
Thank you so much !!!
The extension works great and does its job as promised. But anyway it's not a magic wand that will solve all your problems: you should still optimize your site (at least pictures) to speed it up.
I definitely recommend this extension for big stores!
I have tested my website on google web page speed and gtmetrix results are really satisfactory.
Awesome and fast support, they helped me how to configure the cron on my panel and made the best settings on the installation.
After installing the plugin i had some issues with cache warmer, but after some great support from amasty and my hosting support all is working very nice.
I use a lot of amasty plugins, also for all my clients, all very great!
For future I suggest it would be useful if the crawler were to run more often, and only recrawl pages that had changed.
I've tried almost all the FPC extensions available for Magento and have always had problems with them, cart not updating, customer being able to login, having to create hole punches for some things the list is quite large, I just wanted something that worked that I didn't have to mess about punching holes in things or making complex changes to things, this is it.
You can pay up to $1000 for a FPC and from what I've tried they don't work any better, and in some cases don't work as well.
Amasty full page cache was recommended to us and it has had a miraculous effect on the performance of our website. The website was practically flying. If you have a large catalog this extension is a must.
Special thanks to Nikolay in helping to install and calibrate all the extensions on my website.
II had already minimized CSS JS and done other caching plus optimized images, etc. which made the site quite fast.
BUT with this extension the site just because lighting fast. It is day and night difference. I sound like a sales person but I am just a grateful client. Please do yourself the favor and buy this extension.
Also, the support is awesome. I had a couple of questions and they immediately replied and helped me set tweak some small things to make it perfect.
The support managers were very patient and carefully listened to our moaning :) We are more than satisfied with the results.
Nikolay, who helped us install the extension, fixed all the little issues we had with the extension and now everything works perfectly.
If I had known about Amasty earlier, they would be the only developer that I buy my magento extensions from. Can't wait to see what new things they come up with.
Page load came from 3s to 0.02s ! This is a must-have extension for all our future projects. Thank you to the support for the explanation on the XML configuration file which allows to add specifics blocks in cache. This part may need an additionnal documentation for developers?
You can always download the recent version free of charge from your account
Installing an upgrade is easy — check now
- Compatibility the compatibility with PHP 7.2 was enhanced
- Improvement minor visual improvements
- Fix security issues were resolved
- Compatibility the compatibility with Amasty 'Landing Pages' extension was added
- Fix the issue with adding a product to the cart was resolved
- Compatibility the compatibility with the Amasty GDPR extension was improved
- Improvement now, the extension issues notifications provide more clear instructions on what should be done
- Improvement the stability enhancement was implemented
- Improvement the error messages about data source was enhanced
- Fix the issue with using website URLs to filter queue was resolved
- Improvement a small update to the information panes was implemented
- Improvement the links to the user guide were added to the admin panel
- Fixed an issue with the crawler queue generation for https
- Fixed an issue with getting a valid login in cookie
- Fixed an issue with FPC Crawler when customer groups are not set
- Fixed an issue with the cron execution errors
- Minification HTML for hole punched blocks is added
- Fixed an issue with excluding ajax blocks from cache
- Fixed an issue with crawler when sometimes crawler warmed only one page
- Fixed an issue with multistore view queue generation logic.
- Fixed the Number of options counting for each URL in Visual Stats.
- Fixed an issue with generating URL for Crawler.
- Fixed issue with caching special chars.
- Fixed the issue with ignore list
- Compatibility with 3-rd party AJAX catalog extensions improved
- Updated regex patterns
- Cache for bundled product gets cleared when child products are modified
- New feature: "If-Modified-Since" header is now used to detect whether to respond with "304 Not Modified", which allows to save traffic and google crawl budget, greatly affecting performance and google indexing in a positive way
- HTTP authentication support for cache crawler
- Compatibility with Landing Pages extension improved
- Automatic cache clearing for specific pages affected by catalog price rules or special prices which are set for particular dates
- A number of general improvements
- Possibility to clear cache for specific page with "?amfpc_refresh" GET param
- Possibility to clear cache programmatically for specific page (use: Mage::getSingleton('amfpc/fpc')->clearByUrl('http://example.net/default/accessories/eyewear.html');)
- Possibility to clear cache for specific products using product grid update attributes mass action
- Minor code refactoring for FPC Crawler
- Improvements for older Magento versions
- Minor code architecture improvements
- Minor fixes
- Improvements for Google Analytics integration
- Minor general improvements
- Module now caches search results of "Search Pro" extension
- Compatibility with "Google Page Speed Optimizer" extension
- Minor bugfixes
- Fix for cache crawler debug messages in case of successful crawl requests to pages
- Invalidation of cache improved for advanced search results page
- Workflow and compatibility improvements
- Fix for the issue when "last viewed products" block was not updated in some cases
- Minor optimisations
- Added debug information for FPC crawler
- Usability of FPC Crawler improved: settings re-arranged
- Admin routing patch (SUPEE-6788) compatibility
- Compatibility with A/B Testing extension
- Possibility to clear cache crawler log
- Possibility to view and clear list of pages to index
- Possibility to enable debug mode via URL parameter
- Feature to automatically delete outdated session and report files (var/session/ and var/report/)
- Minor improvements
- Improvements for navigation on category pages
- Minor fixes and improvements
- Possibility to cache AJAX requests of Improved Layered Navigation and AJAX Scroll extensions - dramatically improves their speed
- When some item is purchased now it's possible to flush only product page cache, ignoring category and related product pages
- More flexible cache control
- New cache regeneration settings: possibility to reset page lifetime; possibility to specify crawler action when visiting already cached page
- Setting to limit cache size (for database storage only)
- Minor updates and improvements
- Cache Crawler (Warmer) added
- Support for cookie notification (cookie law)
- Possibility to not separate cache for different customer groups (improves storage usage)
- Compatibility with SagePay extension
- Performance optimisation
- Possibility to flush cache on category save
- Minor improvements
- Admin URL check improved
- Setting to refresh product page cache after a new order placed (useful when actual product quantity is displayed on the page)
- Possibility to use hole punch feature for custom parts of content inside templates
- Support for REDIS sessions
- Improvements for hole punch feature
- Examples of custom block definitions
- New setting page with more debug options
- New setting added for considering pages similar when specified GET params are in the URL
- Minor improvements
- Possibility to inject cache statistics into HTML code comments (not visible to visitors)
- Minor fix
- Automatic product page cache refresh when review posted/modified
- Separate cache for different customer groups (support for group pricing)
- Better compatibility with 3-rd party extensions
- Possibility to ignore cache for pages with specified GET params
- Cache storage size usage reduced
- Bugfix for delays when generating page
- Now cache is refreshed for required categories and products only when editing some product
- Support for content GZIP compression
- Compatibility fixes
- Support for currency switcher
- Support for mobile themes based on device
- Minor improvements