Automatic Categories for Magento 2
- Associate products with categories automatically
- Sort products using drag-and-drop
- Create merchandising conditions
- Import conditions from other catalog pages
- Preview and sort product listing
What is a dynamic category in Magento 2 ?
Sales categories in Magento 2 are dynamic when products can be attached to them automatically on the basis of product attributes described with the help of specific merchandising rules and conditions. Relying on them, the extension drags products from the backend to the frontend. Dynamic categories simplify catalog management reducing the need to assign products to categories manually. Magento 2 Dynamic Products is useful for sales, seasonal deals and smaller marketing campaigns.
Level up your catalog management
No need to assign new products to the categories manually each time you create them
Set (or import) conditions to display and update products in the category automatically
Easily preview the added products in the backend and use advanced sorting options
Create merchandising rules
Set advanced conditions
There are several ways for the ordering of your product listings. Automatically sort by price and name, in ascending or descending mode, either sort by newest to boost sales in particular Magento category.
Search for products by SKU or name
On top of the products merchandising listing there is a search box to find particular products by their SKU or name within the current automatic category selection.
Use Merchandiser For Regular Categories
Easily sort and preview products from any category of your webstore. Products’ merchandising is available as for dynamic categories so for regular ones.
When managing categories, you can easily preview the product listing and use a handy drag-and-drop option to place the items as it is needed.
Pin products to top
According to your promo strategy, push the desired products to the top with UX-friendly button. Fix products in particular position on the catalog page with Pin button.
Explore advanced products ordering with Amasty Improved SortingIncrease sales by attracting customers attention to the most popular products at first. Enrich the sorting functionality with the ability to automatically order protucts by 'Top Rated', 'Most Viewed', 'Best Sellers', 'Biggest Saving', 'Reviews Count' and 'Now in Wishlists' with Magento 2 Improved Sorting extension.
How to import categories in Magento 2?
Importing categories in Magento 2 is impossible by default functionality. But you can associate products with categories automatically:
- Install Automatic Categories extension and complete the stage of category creation.
- After that complete these tabs: Product Conditions, Invisible Items, Products Merchandising, Content.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
2.4.2-p1, 2.3.7, 2.4.2, 2.4.1-p1, 2.3.6-p1
- Improvement now an explanatory message and instructions are displayed upon setup:upgrade process if the required Visual Merchandiser Core system package is not installed
- Fix we resolved the issue with setting of negative position values to products
- New now you can use categories as condition for assigning products to Automatic Category. Kindly note: only categories with physically assigned products will participate in condition applying
- Improvement we moved indexing to a separate submodule to optimize performance and improve working with eav attributes
- Fix we corrected the functioning of 'Add or Remove Products' button
- Improvement now products with only Search visibility are hidden from Product Merchandising tab
- Fix we resolved the issue with invalidated Category Products indexer
- Fix we corrected the behavior of extension in case several categories are edited and saved at the same time
- Improvement now categories in Automatic mode can't be saved without conditions applied
- Improvement we made extension's category attributes non-required out of the box to avoid possible issues upon Magento Import process
- Fix we resolved the issue with incorrect placement of pinned products on the frontend
- Fix issue with empty category products was resolved
- Compatibility compatibility with MSI was enhanced
- Fix we resolved minor issue with Out Of Stock label displaying in backend
- New we introduced a new design for Products Merchandising tab
- New we added an option to move products from page to page while merchandising them
- Fix issue with product sorting was resolved
- Fix we resolved the incorrect behavior of pagination section in admin panel during products merchandising
- Compatibility we improved compatibility with Amasty Improved Sorting plugin
- Fix we resolved the issue occurred on moving of out of stock products to bottom in admin panel
- Compatibility enhanced compatibility with Amasty Landing Pages
- Fix issue with category saving if there are no products assigned was resolved
- Fix issue with adding products from another website was resolved
- Fix issues with install script were resolved
- Fix issue with "is one of" condition was fixed
- Fix issue with text attribute indexation was fixed
- Fix issue with reindex was resolved. Now changing of products' positions in admin panel results in the same order on frontend after the reindex is finished
- Fix the issue with Upgrade script was resolved
- Fix the issue with product positions was resolved
- Fix the issue with product attributes indexation was fixed
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento 2.1.x was improved
- Fix an issue with the category product link for disabled products was resolved
- Fix an issue with the category manipulation from the product page was resolved
- Fix an issue with SKU condition appearance was resolved
- Fix an issue with the configurable product (parent) does not show up in 'on Sale' condition when simple product is on Sale was resolved
- Improvement the category page display with empty product conditions for big catalog was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento 2.3.0 was enhanced
- Fix an issue related to the processing status displayed constantly on category tree was resolved
- Fix an issue with the catalog search indexer run instantly after data changes was resolved
- Fix an issue with compilation on Magento 2.3.0 was resolved
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Mass Product Action extension was added
- Fix an issue with new category creation was resolved
- Fix the issue with the missing index data after manual reindex was resolved
- New possibility to use Merchandiser tab for usual categories was added
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Landing Pages extension was added
- Improvement Compatibility with Magento EE was improved
- Fix the issue with the 'unknown column' message during indexation on Magento EE was resolved
- New new sorting options were added. Now admin is able to sort products by Top Rated, Most Viewed, Best Sellers, Biggest Saving, Reviews Count, Now in Wishlists
- Improvement the product SKU was added to the product thumbnail
- Improvement the flush cache action after reindex was added
- Fix an issue with the missing composite products in results has been fixed
- Fix minor design issues were resolved
- New allows admin to search the products by SKU or name at the Products Merchandising tab in order to find the required product quickly on multi page products list
- New allows admin to import the conditions from other automatic category to retrieve matching products quickly
- Fix minor issues were resolved