Improved Sorting for Magento 1
Let your customers find the best products fast! Give them effective options for sorting - by bestsellers, biggest saving, etc. Add featured product blocks based on the sorting options for different categories.
- Enable customers to sort products by bestsellers, rating, etc
- Create product blocks using the sorting options
- Specify the order of the sorting options in dropdown
- Set any sorting method for products listing on catalog and search pages
- Show out-of-stock products at the end of the lists
Advanced sorting options for better shopping experience
Looking for an easy-to-use tool to enhance customer shopping experience and increase your conversion rate? With the Improved Sorting extension customers will be able to easily sort products by various parameters according to their needs. The more user-friendly your site is – the more orders you get, everybody wins.
Boost the sales of your bestsellers
Although it’s difficult to predict which products will become Magento bestselling products, at the same time a few really popular items can generate the vast majority of store revenue. Then why not help your cash cows generate even more profit?
With the Improved Sorting extension bestselling and highly rated products will be automatically pushed to the top. Apart from that, you can manually manage the order of products for some options and create featured product blocks.
Sorting by sales, 'Bestsellers'
Each store highlights its bestselling products, as high sales demonstrate that a product is great. It also encourages customers to make their choice much faster. Thus, ‘Sort by popularity’ option will help to increase your conversion rate by drawing attention to any Magento bestseller you need. You can also specify the period, for which the sales are counted, for example last 100 days.
Sorting by savings, display name 'Biggest Saving'
Even tempting deals won’t work for your business when customers can't find them. This magento product sorting option displays products based on the difference between regular price and special price. The bigger the difference - the higher the product is placed in the list. It will be very popular while holidays, as people are used to getting discounts during such periods. So, don't miss the chance to properly show your specials.
Sorting by the biggest discount percentage
Sort products by the highest percentage of discount with the ‘Biggest Savings’ ranking option.
Sorting by product creation date, 'New'
When customers click on the ‘Magento sort by newest’ option, new items are displayed at the top. And as soon as store visitors always tend to buy new products, this option will work for fashion stores, mobile phone stores and other sites of the kind, where people always look for new trendy things. You can use a custom date attribute to manage the order of products’ display for this option.
Set any order for the sorting options
You can specify any preferred order for the sorting options in the Magento Sort by dropdown. Depending on the products assortment of your web store, you can set the most effective (or demanded in your opinion) sorting options to the top of the dropdown.
Products Sorting by Default
Specify the way the products should be sorted on the search result page and on the categoty pages. Set the priority for the sorting methods: specify the primal method and the following two algorithms. Have a full control on how to display the products in the most favored way for you.
Sorting by Magento product rating and by the number of reviews
When shopping, people are more likely to choose products with positive feedback from real customers than the products with just catchy banner adds. And, of course, there's nothing they will trust more than rating and reviews.
Sorting by presence in wishlists, 'Now in Wishlists'
Many people buy things, which other people have or want to have. Also best-selling products may be difficult to get in holiday season. 'Now in Wishlists' will show products that are most frequent in wishlists - people will be afraid to miss the opportunity to get them and will place orders faster.
Sorting by the number of item views
Magento ‘Most viewed products’ option is a real must-have for new sites, which can’t boast of numerous orders. Views are generated much faster, so you can easily demonstrate the most popular products to customers and motivate them buy more. The ‘Most viewed products’ Magento feature also enables you to specify the period, during which the views are counted, for example last 100 days.
Sorting by the amount of products, ‘Quantity’
This type of sorting is useful for wholesalers, who buy products in large amounts. Now they can easily find out which items have the most stock.
Advanced sorting options based on product's profitability
With a set of new sorting options admin users can display the most profitable (or the least profitable) products in sort results and featured blocks, thus effectively regulating sales of particular products.
- Profit (is calculated as Price minus Cost);
- Revenue (sorting is based on a product's sales amount);
- Revenue per view (represents the estimated earnings you receive for every product page view);
- Order per view.
Works for catalog and search
Create featured product blocks based on sorting options
Create a sidebar block with Magento most viewed products or a top block with bestselling products and so on. Use templates provided by the extension or make your own ones.
Create featured product blocks of your Magento bestsellers, most popular products and other sorting types. Check out the extension demo for some examples of such blocks.
Display products from any category in the blocks
YAdd product blocks to any Magento page. In the blocks you can show products from the category they are displayed in or from any category you specify.
Manually manage products’ order in Bestsellers and Most Viewed lists
The extension automatically prioritizes products based on the sales amount or the number of views. If you want to manually move particular products up in the Magento bestsellers and most viewed lists to sell them quicker, this is also possible.
Display out of stock products at the end of the product list
At the top of a product list it’s better to display items which you can sell right away. Customers will still be able to see and search for out of stock products. This feature has an effect only on catalog pages and can be disabled if necessary.
Display products with zero quantity at the end of the list
If you allow backorders, some products may have inventory status 'in stock', even if their quantity is zero. You can display such products at the end of the product list, when needed.
Set default sorting for search results page
When you do a search in Magento store, the results are shown in ascending order of creation. This means that older products are shown first. Though for business it would be much better to emphasize best sellers or biggest savings. Now it is possible to set default sorting for search results page and for advanced search results page in just a click.
Ability to have descending order by default
In Magento ‘sort by’ options have ascending order. It means that, for example, you can’t display most expensive items at the top. The extension enables you to sort magento products by price from high to low. This option is also applicable to other sorting types.
Set sorting by any of the new options as default
Make any of the new sorting options default both at the catalog and category level.
Select sort orders for specific categories
With the Magento category order feature you can change sort orders on a per-category basis and even change the default sort order per category.
Disable sorting options
You can disable any of the new sorting options both at the catalog and category level.
The indexing mechanism ensures your category pages are loaded fast even if you have a very large catalog.
Works with layered navigation
Magento product order extension enables customers to apply all sorting options to product lists generated by layered navigation.
Sort order Magento tool supports MySql Fulltext search engine. Solr support will be added in the next versions.
You might be interested in other extensions improving search process in your store:
With Search Pro extension you will significantly increase relevance of search results. Module allows to specify search priority for attributes, choose the search type (‘like’, ‘fulltext’ or ‘combined’) and provides you with highly-configurable autocomplete feature. Use Landing pages as a tool for quick and convenient creation of landing pages. The module lets you decide which content to display on the pages - selected products, banners, text info, CMS blocks. You can specify custom meta tags and short SEO url for each landing page.
You can also experience the power of 7 modules combined into one Improved Layered Navigation that lets shop by brands, filter out products with AJAX, have horizontal or vertical menu, use price sliders and numeric filters and more.
Also, if you want to optimize your product images without losses in quality try our Magento Image Compression tool.
To see the way Improved Sorting works please watch the extension video review.
Yes, the Improved Sorting module works with the Enterprise edition.
Improved Sorting module supports all types of products. Read on to learn all the nuances.
Yes, the extension allows you to set any sorting option as default, you may sort products by newest or best sellers by default. To see the configuration follow the link below.
Yes, with the category order feature you can change the default sort order per category. Thus, any category you need can be assigned a category sort by best seller, new, most viewed, etc. Read on to get complete instructions.
Yes, the 'sort products by popularity' feature will help you make sales more efficient, as you can bring to the top any product you need despite its actual data. Go on reading to see more details.
A best seller for a configurable item is a sum of sales of all the simple products associated with it.
Does the module work for the Enterprise edition?
What product types are supported by Improved Sorting?
Can I set a particular sorting option to be a default one?
Can I set a particular sorting option to be default for a specific category only?
Can I display some products on top of the list in spite of actual bestsellers data?
How does a best sellers sorting option handle configurable products?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Once only we had a conflict with another extension in one of our projects but the support by everyone in Amasty was immediate and swift.
They got the job done.
Your support is greatly appreciated guys. Thanks a lot.
Keep up the good work.
Sorting is a good feature to have in catalog for stock etc...
We had one implementation glitch and the support staff answered our inquiry immediately and took charge to fix the issue.
We have not launched our store live yet, but this is working very well in development testing.
The latest update with new sorting options are more likely to be made for admin users rather than for store visitors. And it works fine for featured blocks.
Absolutely worth the small investment!
Using this extension and setting the products to display by 'New' resolved the issue and gave us a matching Sort Order to the previous version of Magento.
One feature request: It would be really handy to be able to change the 'Direction' within the admin. However, it was simple enough to change in the extension code.
I had some extension conflicts with other module (Advance Navigation) and the support team was great, very proffessional, very quick.
Thanks Amasty for the great work. Keep it that way.
It's fast with indexing.
Nice one mates.
Really impressed to see it working with it's own separate index and including bundle products too. Good work!
we have been ranking in google for a high volume search term and we have a good number of visitors and a huge catalog of about 1000 items. but we always only got about 80-90 orders at max. that left me to think that something could be wrong. and, i went to amazon to see what they have that we were lacking.
And, when i looked into their catalog, they always displayed items by their best sellers. And, this is where magento lacked and we too as an ecommerce store offering such huge variety of items missed out on the point that customers are HEAVILY INFLUENCED by what others are buying and they want to quickly buy what have been selling well.
So, we have implemented this sort order now and we used Amasty installation service and everything was set right. We are now waiting to see if this ! SINGLE CHANGE will bring in a big change in our eCommerce store. :)
I think every store should have such functionality.
In my opinion, each descent store should have such sorting. Thanks to Amasty for great extension!
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
CE 1.4.x - 1.9.x, EE 1.8.x - 1.14.x
- Fix issue with reindex was resolved. Database tables are getting filled with data successfully
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento Advanced Search extension was improved
- Fix an issue with relevance sorting was resolved
- Fix minor issue was resolved
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento 1.9 was improved
- Fix an issue with sorting by relevance was resolved
- Fix Security fixes
- Improvement the configuration settings were improved
- Fix minor issues were fixed
- Fix the issue with sorting based on Qty was resolved
- Fix the issue with compilation was resolved
- Improvement the compatibility with the 3rd party SEO modules was enhanced
- Information section is added. Now you can see the version of installed extension, available updates, User Guide link, conflicts and other useful data right on the module Configuration page
- Now it is even easier to configure the Sorting Options order with all options displayed in the 'Custom Positions for Sorting Options' setting
- Fixed an issue with the custom collection in the cart
- Fixed an issue with the unregistry
- New allows to configure the sorting options position in backend in order to get the 'Sort by' list positioned properly on the front end
- New improved default sorting configuration for the Search Results and Catalog Products Listing pages
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
- A number of minor improvements
- Improvement for sorting products within blocks (ex. New)
- Additional compatibility with custom themes
- Compatibility with the 3-d party extensions
- Fixed issue with index table
- Minor improvements
- Better visual display on mobile phones or with mobile themes
- Minor code refactoring
- Ability to set default sorting for search results page and for advanced search results page.
- Better compatibility with Landing Pages module.
- Compatibility with multiple-warehouses extension
- Added ability to use percentage for Biggest Saving sorting;
- Compatibility with the `Advanced Inventory` extension;
- New sorting options - by product total profit, by product revenue (minus cost), by product performance (orders per views and revenue per views)
- Ability to exclude some order statuses from bestsellers calculation
- Fix for "new" sorting for some configurations
- Ability to manually manage the order of products for bestsellers and most viewed options.
- New sorting option by 'Quantity'.
- Ability to specify category for products blocks.
- Ability to create product blocks based on sorting options. For example you can have a sidebar block with best-selling products or top block with new products.
- You can either use predefined templates or create your own custom templates for the product blocks.
- Out of stock items are displayed last only for catalog pages, search results remain as are.
- New sorting options 'Biggest Saving', 'Reviews Count' and 'Now in Wishlist'.
- Optional indexing to improve performance for large catalogs.
- Ability to disable sorting options.
- Ability to have descending sorting by default.
- Ability to show products with zero quantity at the end of the list, even if their inventory status is 'in stock'.
- Posibility to define which sorting options should be used for which category.
- Ability to configure calculation periods for 'Bestseller' and 'Most Viewed' sorting options and other settings.
- Bugfix of translation and default sorting issues.
- Code refactoring.
- Compatibility with new version of Improved Navigation.
- Added sorting by the the number of views.
- Sorting order for New products set to descending by default.
- Added sorting by the date the products were created.
- Fixed issue with grouped products
- Compatibility with Magento 1.3.
- Admin can now set sorting by bestsellers or rating as default.