Search Pro | v1.4.10
Well-working search feature is the basis of ecommerce success
Your customers will appreciate Magento instant search
Incorrect work of standard Magento site search was one of the things we didn’t like about our new website - inadequate search results were frustrating to say the least. We had to give direct links to product pages to customers, as often the needed modules were buried deep in the search results. To improve Magento search process and make sure our customers can easily find the products they are looking for, we’ve developed this advanced search extension. And now the problem has gone, customers just type in what they need in the search box and get instant search results. The module offers a rich list of advanced tools for better search in your Magento store.
People buy products only when they can find them
Before launching our Magento search extension we tried it on our site. It didn’t take us long to notice two major positive changes: no more questions of the kind ‘where is the module?’ and more orders. We have about 100 products in our store, with larger catalogs the positive impact of the plugin should be a lot more significant. Don't surprise customers with poor search feature. Surprise them with precise Magento quick search results.
Setup the search extension according to your needs and preferences
Choose the search type you prefer
Magento quick search module enables you select the search type you prefer – ‘Like’, ‘Fulltext’ or ‘Combined’. Please feel free to choose the one which suits you best.
new!Set search priority for attributes
Our Magento advanced search tool does search among all product information to insure accurate search results. At the same time you can improve search process by setting search priority for attributes. For example, that first it should search in product name, then in product description and only after that in all other attributes.
Take advantage of the native Magento features
The advanced search plugin is completely integrated into Magento and supports its search features. For example, if you’ve specified synonyms for search terms in admin panel, the extension will respect them. The module feeds information into the ‘Last 5 Search Terms’ and ‘Top 5 Search Terms’, so there will be absolutely no negative effects of transition to Search Pro.
Autocomplete feature for much better Magento search usability
Customers can find products faster
While customers start to type something into the search box, the autocomplete Magento tool automatically starts searching and displaying products according to the entered information. So customers can find the right products much faster with the quick search option for Magento. The autocomplete Magento search results are shown in a popup window, which can be configured. Customers can click products in the window and get right to the product details pages, which is very convenient.
new!Autocomplete window features
To improve search process now you can configure the following parameters for Magento autocomplete search window:
- Number of products displayed in the popup
- Minimal number of characters entered by customers after which the window pops up
- Autocomplete window width
- Product name and description length to be shown
- Display of reviews
new!Add to Cart button in the autocomplete window
Display Add to Cart button right in the autocomplete window to provide customers with fast and easy way of making purchases.
Manage the autocomplete window look
Due to a flexible autocomplete Magento search option it is possible to manage a number of design parameters for the popup window, such as border color, font color, text highlight color, background and font color for products, which are hovered with mouse.
See how to expand Magento site search functionality:
- Help customers to find the needed products with Improved Navigation.
- You can use Improved Sorting to let your customers find the best products fast.
- Have many products in catalog? Ease your daily routines with Mass Product Actions.
- Need a specific product filter? Try Product Parts Finder to create one.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- W3C Validated Code
Online Extension User Guide
- How can I pay for Amasty extensions?
- What is the license policy? On how many websites can I use Amasty extensions?
- How to install Magento extension by Amasty?
- Can I test an Amasty extension on a staging site before transferring it to a live one?
- Can I get a refund if an extension doesn’t suit me?
- Will I get any other benefits?
- Can this extension perform search by both attribute name and value?
- Will this extension work for product backend search in the catalog?
- Is Search Pro extension compatible with custom themes?
- Is there a maximum number of products?
- Can I see what users search for in my store?
- How does this module treat synonyms of a search term?
- Does Search Pro uses data of SOLR, Sphinx or other search solutions?
The settings are easy to understand and configure. I like that there’s an ability to display product ratings in the autocomplete window. I can also set attributes order for search but there are only 10 fields available, it would be great to have an ability to add more, I need about 15.
Anyway, I’m happy with that extension and definitely recommend it.
Should admit this mod was a real catch – all we needed to do was just to customize its color theme and adjust a couple of settings. We also appreciate that amasty constantly releases module updates polishing its functionality. Therefore, having bought it once, you won’t have to install any other additional tools.