Search Pro for Magento 1
Your customers will be happy with this advanced instant search solution with extremely high relevance. Set up Magento advanced search extension to let people quickly find exactly what they are looking for.
- Significantly increase relevance of search results
- Specify search priority for attributes
- Enable customers to easily find the necessary products
- Choose the search type – ‘like’, ‘fulltext’ or ‘combined’
- Highly-configurable autocomplete search
- Fully optimized for mobile
Your clients will appreciate new search solutions
Incorrect work of default Magento site search was one of the things we didn’t like about our new website. Inadequate search results were frustrating. We had to give direct links to product pages to customers, because the needed modules were buried deep in the search results. To improve Magento search process and make sure our customers can easily find the products they are looking for, we’ve developed this advanced search extension. The module offers a rich list of advanced tools for better search in your Magento store.
People buy products only when they can find them
Before launching our Magento 1 search extension we tried it on our site. It didn’t take us long to notice two major positive changes: no more questions of the kind ‘where is the module?’ and more orders. We have about 100 products in our store, with larger catalogs the positive impact of the plugin should be a lot more significant. Don't surprise customers with poor search feature. Surprise them with precise Magento quick search results.
Choose the search type you prefer
Magento quick search module enables you to select the search type you prefer – ‘Like’, ‘Fulltext’ or ‘Combined’. Please feel free to choose the one which suits you best.
Set search priority for attributes
Our Magento advanced search tool does search among all product information to insure accurate search results. At the same time you can improve magento 2 instant search process by setting search priority for attributes. For example, that first it should search in product name, then in product description and only after that in all other attributes.
Take advantage of the native Magento features
The advanced search plugin is completely integrated into Magento and supports its search features. For example, if you’ve specified synonyms for search terms in admin panel, the extension will respect them. The module feeds information into the ‘Last 5 Search Terms’ and ‘Top 5 Search Terms’, so there will be absolutely no negative effects of transition to Search Pro.
Find more info about Magento search plugin terms here.
Customers can find products faster
While customers start to type something into the search box, the autocomplete Magento tool automatically starts searching and displaying products according to the entered information. So customers can find the right products much faster with the quick search option for Magento. The autocomplete Magento search results are shown in a popup window, which can be configured. Customers can click products in the window and get right to the product details pages.
Give particular attention to your store overall search experience, see the reasons for.
Include categories in search results
With the Magento Search Autocomplete extension, display categories with breadcrumbs right in a search results' pop-up. Let your customers have a better view on your web store structure, so they can clearly see where are the products they are looking for.
Autocomplete window features
To improve search process, configure the following parameters for Magento autocomplete search window:
- Number of products displayed in the popup
- Minimal number of characters entered by customers after which the window pops up
- Autocomplete window width
- Product name and description length to be shown
- Display of reviews
- Display Add to Cart button
- new Specify size for pop-up thumbnail
- new Display wider horizontal pop-up
Optimizing internal search functionality means more relevant results, thus more conversions, discover why.
Manage the autocomplete window look
Due to a flexible autocomplete Magento search option it is possible to manage a number of design parameters for the popup window, such as border color, font color, text highlight color, and colors for products, which are hovered with mouse.
Expand Magento functionality with Advanced Search extension
- Help customers to find the needed products with Improved Navigation.
- You can use Improved Sorting to let your customers find the best products fast.
- Have many products in catalog? Ease your daily routines with Mass Product Actions.
- Need a specific product filter? Try Product Parts Finder to create one.
- NEW Full compatibility with Hide Price and Call For Price Amasty extensions.
- Search like a pro with the Magento admin product grid w/t category filter.
Yes, this is how our Search pro module works. For example, if an attribute name is "color of display" and its value is "red", the extension will search for both "display" and "red".
No, this module is suited to improve Magento search on the frontend only.
Usually, the site search extension is compatible with the majority of custom themes right out of the box and doesn't require any additional tweaking. But in case there are any issues, our support specialists will eliminate them for free.
No, the number of products in a store is not limited, which allows for better search in Magento. Our extension works properly for shops with small, medium or large inventory.
Yes, there is a search terms report where you can find all the data on searches users perform in your store.
Search synonyms are not considered by default. However, you can add synonyms for search terms in the admin panel. Read on to see the screenshot.
No, our module uses requests to the database and doesn’t utilize data of other 3rd party search engines including search SOLR.
Can this extension perform search by both attribute name and value?
Will this extension work for product backend search in the catalog?
Is Search Pro extension compatible with custom themes?
Is there a maximum number of products?
Can I see what users search for in my store?
How does this module treat synonyms of a search term?
Does Search Pro uses data of SOLR, Sphinx or other search solutions?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
The settings are easy to understand and configure. I like that there’s an ability to display product ratings in the autocomplete window. I can also set attributes order for search but there are only 10 fields available, it would be great to have an ability to add more, I need about 15.
Anyway, I’m happy with that extension and definitely recommend it.
Should admit this mod was a real catch – all we needed to do was just to customize its color theme and adjust a couple of settings. We also appreciate that amasty constantly releases module updates polishing its functionality. Therefore, having bought it once, you won’t have to install any other additional tools.
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
CE 1.4.x - 1.9.x, EE 1.8.x - 1.14.x
- Fix the issue with color settings was resolved
- Fix a minor style issue was resolved
- Improvement the total results count was added to the search popup
- Fix the database issue was resolved
- Improvement Set FOLLOW for catalog search result page and advanced search result page
- Compatibility compatibility with custom themes was improved
- New allows to redirect customer to the store search results from the broken URL instead of the '404 Not Found' page
- New adds NOINDEX to the app/design/frontend/YOUR_PACKAGE/YOUR_THEME/layout/local.xml in order to the to prevent search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.) from needlessly indexing Magento catalog search results page(s) and advanced search results page(s)
- Fix an issue with min query on Magento CE 1.9.2 was resolved
- New the autocomplete popup window design was updated. Now it is available in horizontal view for the desktop and vertical view on mobile
- Popup styles improvements
- New Information section is added. Now you can see the version of installed extension, available updates, User Guide link, conflicts and other useful data right on the module Configuration page
- Fixed an issue with the categories
- Fixed an issue with the missed product images when no image size specified
- New Added the Search by Categories
- Improved the search window design
- Improved the 'Image thumbnail size' setting default value
- Fixed an issue with product images in popup
- Compatibility with Hide Price and Call For Price
- Allows to resize an image thumbnail in the quick search results popup
- Add to Cart button issue fixed
- Better compatibility with custom themes
- Code refactoring and improvement
- Minor improvement
- Minor improvement for fulltext search
- Compatibility with Hide Price extension
- Fixed using mb_string when the lib is not available
- FPC improvements
- Minor usability improvements:
- The same URL for "more results" and direct search
- The module doesn't clear search text on first click
- Minor improvements
- Minor improvements for relevance calculation
- Compatibility with Magento PATCH_SUPEE-3630_EE_1.13.x-1.14.x_v2
- Mobile and Tablet Friendly version based on the device screen size
- Possibility to display "Add to Cart" button in search results window
- Compatibility with Call For Price extension
- Translations file added (locale settings)
- Improvement for GET query handling
- Fix for missing Multibyte String PHP extension
- "More Results" link added to the popup block
- Fix for "Enter" key on search field
- Improvements for search term highlighting
- Minor fix for search phrase highlighting
- "Re-index required" notification after changing module settings.
- Improved relevancy when half of real word is using, not just full words
- Bug fix for export in Magento 1.5.
- Bug fix for routers.