Custom Order Number | v1.1.1
Change Megento Order Numbers in your store to hide important business data
Customize your store numbers
Unfortunately, native Magento numbering model is not functionally rich. Because of this store owners may face a problem of inadvertent revealing important business info or confusing customers with long order numbers. The Custom Order Number extension helps to avoid all these issues by customizing invoices, shipments, orders and credit memos according to your needs.
Set custom Magento invoice numbers to draw new clients
It’s obvious that the more orders you have, the more attractive you look in your customers’ eyes. Low numbers can undermine trust of your clients and stop them from purchasing. At the same time numbers can clearly demonstrate your state of affairs to all you rivals. To make better impression on your users and hide your weak points from competitors you should learn how to set order number in Magento. For instance, you can show a random order number or change Magento invoice number. Customers are more likely to return to your shop if they see thousands of orders from people who trust your services. With the extension you can change starting order number in Magento, set relevant prefixes and increment steps.
Meet your local record keeping standards
Adjust document numbers according to the requirements of your local jurisdiction in a couple of clicks. Due to the ability to fine tune the format of Magento order number and invoice numbers you can make appropriate settings at once and forget about all kinds of discrepancies.
Transfer your data to a new Magento store
In case you are operating a new Magento store and want to preserve the orders and invoices count of your old online shop, use Magento custom order number option. Just set the starting numbers according to your needs and implement them for your new site.
Win customers' appreciation and mask important order and invoice number
Easy steps to change order number in Magento store
In order to help you keep your business info private, this Magento module allows changing order number. Counter Step option lets you hide the real numbers of consecutive orders. For example, you set an increment of 5; it means that if the first order has id 1, the second one will have id 6.
Set starting order number to protect your private information
As long as you’re not going to demonstrate the real numbers to your customers and competitors, it’s better keep this info only for your internal use. The module enables you to set Magento order number manually and display the data you need. In case with a new store it is also useful to set Magento random order number. Such measures guarantee that no one, except for your store managers, will find out your private business info.
Customize order ID to make your web-shop user-friendly
Change Magento order number prefix
Specify document, for which to modify the numbering model. The extension conducts order number change, alters invoices, shipments, etc. with the help of Magento order prefixes and date postfixes for each type.
Customize Magento order number padding
To make the numbers more readable you can implement a certain length for them. For example, you need the starting number to be 2 and want all numbers to have 4 symbols, then you need to set a 4 padding. In this case your numbers will start from 0002. Using this option you can easily export e-shop data to your CRM system.
Monitor internal order number in Magento
The extension allows you to customize Magento invoice numbers or order numbers to display to your buyers. At the same time you will not fall under this illusion; e-shop owners and staff will always be aware of the real picture.
See other effective ways of store protection and order management
Track everything that happens in your online store
To enrich your list of inner management tools try also our Admin Actions Log. This module enables you to easily track all log actions in your store and prevent it from malicious login attempts.
Benefit from effective order management
Easily export Magento invoice number, shipment, product & credit memo data as well as order-related output of third-party extensions with the help of Efficient Order Export module.
- Will I be able to continue an existing numbering system?
- Is it possible to use consecutive order numbers for different stores/views?
- Can I customize order numbers on a store-view level?
- Can I reset an order number counter on a regular basis?
- Can I change numbers of already existing orders, invoices and shipments?
- Can I add a suffix instead of a prefix?
- Is it possible to make only the shipment number equal to the order number and leave invoice number unchanged?
- Can I set a random number increment?
- What happens with multiple invoices on one order?
- What types of Magento order numbers are affected by this extension?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- W3C Validated Code
1. you cannot preview numbers that you will have - next number
2. there is not validation for duplication - so if you give wrong counter id, your next order will be saved with bugged number, and you will not be able to crate shipment/invoice. it should have de-duplication like Fooman extension does - if there is the same id in database - Fooman extension adds suffix (-1) to numbering and correct scheme is not broken
3. start counter from is not proper - it adds +1 to your number, so if you don't know this "hint" you will start numbering from 2 or have gap in numbers. this "bug" should be corrected asap.
4. if you delete orders, you are in trouble with numbering
5. reset numbers in not working on Jan next year. or am I wrong? since you have no preview for numbers - you have no New Years eve - because you must track and wait for order if its numbers are correct.
extension is not bad, but could be fixed. especially it would be good to develop COMBO with DELETE ORDERS COMPLETELY (invoices/shipments), and those 2 could save hours and troubles for each store. but custom order number should cooperate with DELETE ORDER - if you delete order, number scheme should be reverted back
As for the technical part we didn’t notice anything to pick at. The plugin ran out of the box making us sigh with relief. Hope there won’t be any troubles with it in future as well.