Order Attributes for Magento 1
Order Attributes extension allows you to efficiently collect and use all the necessary order info by adding custom fields to checkout page. Get all the order data you need during checkout and process orders faster.
- Collect enough order-related information
- Improve order processing not to lose money
- Grow customer satisfaction with faster order completion
- Create any number of fields for checkout pages
- Display the info on order grid, order pages, in emails, etc
Add fields for business information, delivery date, marketing questions, etc. to checkout page
Stop calling or emailing your customers to get additional data - add more fields to checkout page and receive all the necessary information at once with advanced checkout fields manager tool. For example, you can add to your Magento order comments field to let customers leave their feedback.
Increase customer satisfaction
With the Magento 1 order notes extension you get a unique chance to customize checkout page in your Magento store and make customers happier. First, order process at your store becomes much faster. Secondly, you gather required Magento order comments and other order-related information and use it effectively, e.g. improve your customer service by collecting priceless info from Magento checkout comment field or offer the products relevant to customers' demand.
Add attributes to order grid for more convenient order data management
Add fields to order grid to display all necessary attributes in one place and have a convenient access to the data. Sort and filter orders by the custom attributes for easy reporting.
Completely integrated with admin order creation and editing
You can fill in custom Magento order attributes when creating orders from admin panel. Edit order attributes' values after the order was placed, right from the order view page in admin panel. When an order is edited, the attributes are copied into the new order.
Attribute values can be saved for future checkouts
Why is it useful? - Registered customers will not need to enter the same information with each order, which makes Magento order preparation faster and easier.
Ability to use default values
Feel free to automatically apply default value for cases, when the attribute field was not filled in or if the attribute is set to be not visible on front end.
Customize admin roles even further
It is possible to separate control of permissions for editing attributes within an order. This feature comes in handy when you have many store admins to do different work. Now you can hand pick the users who would be able to edit order attributes, and restrict this possibility for others.
Possibility to use calendar for date type order attributes
With the help of calendar option admin users can quickly specify all date type attributes when creating orders in the backend.
NOTE: Protect created attribute values
Order attribute values in Magento are now restored if something went wrong when you create orders in the backend.
Add any number of fields of many types
You can add unlimited number of custom checkout fields. Available field types: text field, dropdown, checkboxes, dependable dropdowns, date with time, radio buttons and many others.
Now the file upload input type is available. It enables customers to upload/attach files during the checkout process on any checkout step.
Use the attributes in e-mails and PDF docs
You can add custom fields to Magento order-related emails and PDF documents (shipment emails, invoices and packing slips).
Flexible conditions for attribute display
Choose at which store views to display the fields. You can also display the attributes on order view pages both to admins and customers.
Add custom attributes to HTML print-outs
Add any order attributes you need to HTML print-out documents on the customer order confirmation page.
Display attributes based on selected shipping method
You can show additional attributes only when a specific shipping method is selected. E.g. Display a field for order comments in Magento 1 when a customer chooses self-delivery option.
- Support of Paypal Express checkout.
- Magento order notes can be used in any email template which has order object (for example order confirmation email), with possibility to process them by functions.
- Values of custom order attributes are available via Magento API with "sales_order.info" method. Works both via SOAP API v1 and XML-RPC.
Take a look at some more solutions for collecting order information:
- Order attributes functionality is compatible with One Step Checkout extension. You can place additional fields on Magento custom checkout page, which shows all 6 standard checkout steps on one page and lets you configure them according to your requirements.
- One more extension for collecting customer information is Customer Attributes extension. Place fields on registration page to know age, preferences and interests of customers, receive documents and all other information you may need.
- Order Memos and Attachments module enables you to make memos, add important data (like processing or actual shipping dates) to any orders after customers or admins have created them.
- There is also a compatibility with Special Promotions Pro and Loyalty Program extensions. You can use order attributes (which has either text field or text area catalog input) when setting up the conditions of extensions.
According to the statistics, the extension can cover each business need in synergy with the following solution: magento order processing.
Order Attributes Video Review
To see the way Order Attributes extension works please watch the review.
For this, you need to use an appropriate code line. Go on reading to copy the code.Read the FULL answer
Usually Amasty modules have no conflicts with other 3-d party modules, but in case there will be any, just contact our support team. The module is 100% compatible with our One Step Checkout plugin.
The Order Attributes extension adds new checkout fields to existing steps only,e.g.: business information, a delivery date, marketing questions, checkout comment, etc.
Yes, Order Attributes extension supports dependent drop-downs. Conditions based on shipping method can be used as well.
Yes, it’s possible to add custom checkout fields to the order-related emails and PDF documents (shipment emails, invoices, and packing slips).
Each order attribute created by our extension can be seen on one store view and hidden on another.
Yes, it's possible to set different add sales order attribute per different store views.
Unfortunately, only SOAP API v.1 is supported.
Yes, it can be displayed. To get all order attributes to be displayed on the grid you need to make changes in the 'Attribute Configuration' section. Read on to see the screenshot.
How to get/output order attribute value via PHP code?
Is this plugin compatible with one step checkout extensions?
Does this extension add attributes to existing checkout steps or to custom ones?
Are dependent attributes supported by the module?
Can I use created attributes in order-related emails and documents?
Can I use Order Attributes only in one store in a multi-store configuration?
Can I use different order attributes in my multiple store views?
Does this Order Attributes module work with SOAP API v.2?
Can a created attribute be displayed on the Order Grid?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Aside from allowing us to add information to the checkout process, I found that the Order Attributes extension solved another problem for me. We use a drop shipping extension that sends purchase orders to our suppliers. Sometimes we have to send special shipping instructions in the purchase order, like "Use least expensive shipping". There are a few different instructions and having to type them in each time they're needed is extra work and there's the chance of typos.
I was able to set up an order attribute that's not visible on the front end, with a drop-down list of the special instructions. Now our sales people only have to edit the attributes and pick the specific instruction and it will be added to the purchase order. (The Amasty documentation explains how to add order attributes to custom templates.)
Thanks to Amasty for providing awesome extensions and excellent support!
Customer support: efficient but not very fast, doesn't work on weekends.
So here is always a but. In general, I'm satisfied and would recommend this mod.
We learned about this module just by chance and it was a huge relief. It embodies all the necessary functions; it is quite flexible and very convenient. I strongly recommend it to all ecommerce merchants.
After installing there was a conflict with another extension, but thanks to the great support of the people at Amasty, it was all solved within a few hours.
I always recommend Amasty extensions to my Magento clients, because of their greay support. Thanks guys!
Hats off to Amasty for a superb extension.
The support was excellent fast and useful.
Excellent value for money!
I would highly recomend to anyone and any Company.
I forgot to edit the .phtml files and thought the extension did not work. They changed the .phtml's for me, great service! :)
Problem? No. Fixed within 1 day by the developer.
Fantastic support - above and beyond!
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
CE 1.4.x - 1.9.x, EE 1.8.x - 1.14.x
- Compatibility now the extension is compatible with PHP 7.1
- Compatibility the compatibility with Internet Explorer 11 was enhanced
- Improvement now filled order attributes will not vanish from the admin order page on the page reload if the payment was declined
- Improvement minor code improvement
- Fix the issue with the 'found X elements with non-unique id #amorderattr:' error was resolved
- Improvement the stability enhancement was implemented
- Fix the issue when the attached file has been overwritten with a duplicated name was resolved
- Fix the checkbox field type validation was fixed
- Improvement the downloadable links on the frontend can be added with the help of customization
- Fix the issue with a calendar icon position was resolved
- New the multi store support for the tooltips was added
- Fixed an issue after creating an order in the Magento Admin
- Fixed an issue with the tooltips after the extension update
- New added the ability to equip each attribute with a tooltip about the data you collect when a new order is created
- Avoid processing of required attributes from other stores
- Better preparation of value from a textarea in PDF
- Compatibility improvements
- Fix for SUPEE-9767
- Allows to use the text field & text area attributes in the Amasty Special Promotions Pro & Loyalty Program conditions
- Minor fix for older Magento versions
- Filename of uploaded file is now saved, instead of being replaced with random string
- Fix for update script execution
- New feature: Ability to edit order attributes on front-end
- Radio buttons can be required fields now
- Fixed file downloads in back-end when back-end url differs from front-end url
- Fixed sort order of items in some dropdown inputs
- JS optimization for `Review` checkout step
- Stability improvements
- Option to display date and time in custom format
- New field type: file upload. Now it's possible for customers to upload/attach files during checkout on any checkout step.
- Better compatibility with One Step Checkout extension
- Possibility to not display empty values of attributes in the progress sidebar during checkout
- Minor adminhtml router modification
- Separate control of permissions for editing attributes within an order
- Minor improvements
- Added ability to show order attributes per customer groups
- Compatibility improvements
- Compatibility improvements
- New element type implemented: radio buttons
- Better compatibility with One Step Checkout
- Possibility to add order attributes into HTML print-out of order confirmation email
- Possibility to add order attributes into shipment emails
- Possibility to use calendar for order attributes of date type on the order create page in the backend
- Order attribute values are now restored if something went wrong when creating order in the backend
- Fix for preview email template in the backend (transactional emails)
- Minor fix for inserting fields into PDF documents
- Full compatibility with Delivery Date extension
- Correct support for non-latin characters in attribute values
- Bugfix for role permissions
- Great new feature - display of order attributes based on selected shipping method. E.g. you can show some additional fields when UPS method is selected. Developed in cooperation with Commercers.
- On-click trigger of calendar for date type field.
- Fix for date fields processing.
- Added store view check for attributes.
- Improved display of order attributes in emails.
- Fix for incorrect date value when no date selected.
- New can add attributes into invoice e-mails.
- Fix for checkboxes.
- Order attributes can be shown on shipment/invoice grid and view pages.
- bug fix for observer (incorrect method call)
- Order attributes can be shown on shipment/invoice grid and view pages.
- New validation rule (25 characters length check).
- Fixed display of line breaks for text area attribute on the order grid.
- Fixed permissions for display of fields on the frontend.
- Bugfix for multiple lines in PDF for text area field.
- Fix for issue with 'back' button from the edit order attributes page.
- Fix for error on customer orders page in the backend.
- When an order is edited, the attributes are copied into the new order.
- Added attribute of Yes/No type.
- Fixed issue with multi-address checkout.
- Incorrect field label in transactional emails.
- Fix of error with filtering by attribute on the order grid.
- Minor bugfix.
- Ability to display fields on order review step of checkout.
- Speed improvement for dependent AJAX drop-downs.
- Ability to create checkbox fields.
- Bugfix for translations in emails.
- Customers can see order attributes and the data they entered on order view page in customers' accounts.
- Ability to automatically apply default value for cases, when the attribute field was not filled in or if the attribute is set to be not visible on front end.
- Ability to include order attributes in PDF documents (invoices and packing slips).
- Display of additional order fields (from billing/shipping steps) in the progress sidebar block on the onepage checkout.
- New field type: date with time. With possibility to show it's values on the order grid.
- Editing order attributes' values after the order was placed, right from the order view page.
- Dependent dropdowns. If you have 2 dropdown fields and want the second dropdown to display values depending on what has been chosen in the first field - this is now possible.
- Ability for admin to fill in custom order attributes when creating orders from admin panel.
- Admin can enable saving of values of custom order attributes for next checkout. This option works for registered customers and can be set individually for each custom order attribute.
- Ability to get values of custom order attributes via Magento API with "sales_order.info" method. Works both via SOAP and XML-RPC
- Ability to use order attributes in any email template that has order object (for example order confirmation email), with possibility to process them by functions.
- Add custom attributes to order confirmation emails that go to customers (optional).
- Choose which store view(s) to display the attributes at.
- Display the custom attribute values at the order grid.
- Sort and filter orders by custom attributes for easy reporting.