Duplicate Categories for Magento 1
Spend moments, not ages to duplicate your categories accurately! A must have tool for multi-store setup!
- Duplicate categories in a fast and correct way
- Save all category levels during duplication
- Keep product assignments in the duplicate categories
- Find and replace content for duplicate categories
- Save time spent on routine tasks
Simplify duplication operations
Automate time-consuming routine operations
Imagine, you need to copy a lot of categories to a new website you’ve created within Magento. With all subcategories and products, category duplication becomes a very time-consuming and tedious task. Let the extension automate this process.
Save a great amount of time
Spend just a few minutes on extension installation. Magento duplicate categories tool allows you to free up a lot of time, which you can invest in your store development rather than routine tasks.
Accurate duplication tool
Choose parent category for the category being duplicated
You can choose which category will be a parent one for the category you duplicate. For example, you would like to copy category ‘Chairs’ to a different website within your Magento. You can choose which category will be parent for the duplicate in the new website.
Automatically modify category name, description, etc
It is possible to find and replace content for duplicate categories in name, description, meta keywords and meta description fields during duplication. Words from ‘Search For’ fields will be replaced with content from ‘Replace With’ field, you can fill in both fields.
Duplicate all subcategories and keep all product assignments (optional)
Use the module to copy categories and if needed to copy all subcategories of the duplicated category while duplication. You can keep all product assignments in the same way.
Perform more product actions at a time
To optimize your work with routine product management issues use also the Mass Product Actions module. It allows to fulfill this and much more other time consuming manager’s tasks just in a few clicks.
Duplicate Categories Video Review
If you copy categories with our extension, the following things are duplicated:
- General information, including Description, Page Title, etc.
- Display Settings
- Custom Design (if applicable)
No, duplicate products are not created. This means that a copy of the original category will have already existing products assigned to it.
Yes, you can copy all product relations by choosing parent category for the duplicate on the Duplicate Category page. Read on to see the settings.
Yes, of course, you can change any settings of the category you’ve copied. Moreover, you can use a “Find and Replace” option on the “Duplicate Category” page. With this functionality, you can automatically modify category name, description, etc. Follow the link to see the settings.
While copying products from one category to another our module provides a one-time duplication option, so no new products are automatically added to the duplicate category once the original one gets updated.
Yes, sure, the extension offers a possibility to copy categories from one store view to another. Go on reading to see how to make it correctly.
Which particular category settings are duplicated with this extension?
Are new products created while duplicating a category?
Can I copy all product relations while duplicating a category?
Can I change the name and description of the duplicated category only?
Does this extension mirror everything put in the original category even after the duplicate category is created?
Does this extension have the ability to copy categories from one store view to another?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
At first we had a few problems but support fixed them, thanks. But you’d better still create a backup before its installation and before duplicating the categories.
- Value of the field "is anchor" is always reseted to "no" instead of copying or asking for it. When copiing long catalog trees, thats a lot of clicking-work to do afterwards.
Rhonda Morin, OSBStores.com
I have looked around to find something like this, and finally i found it.
I'ts a great extension for duplicating categories. I'm using Magento 22.214.171.124 and it just work perfect.
I now can duplicate the whole root category to a new "root category" or to any of the existing "categories" with all sub-categories and product-relations without any problem.
It saved me a lot of time. : )
I would recommend using this module on 1.4 too.
You can first try a demo, if you want to, in 1.4.x.x
contact website: http://amasty.com/duplicate-categories.html
wholes16, Deployment & integrations provider.
What can I say - It works absolutely flawless. It has been the first extension i've bought which installs without any problems, works without any problems. We are on vServer (not dedicated) and it runs perfectly. Deleting the duplicated categories have not been a problem - i tried everything out.
As always on Amasty Extensions -> No Spaghetti Code in the extension. Other extensions have messed up many things in our store, but never on Amasty's work.
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
CE 1.4.x - 1.9.x, EE 1.8.x - 1.14.x
- Fix the issue with duplicating and deleting subcategories was resolved
- Fixed an issue with anchor sub-categories
- Code improvement for getting entity_type_id
- Fixed issue with copy categories
- Big performance improvements.
- Fixed issue with duplicate categories.
- Performance improvement
- "Is Anchor" value copying fix
- Improvement for counting children categories
- Admin routing patch (SUPEE-6788) compatibility
- Fix for Magento 1.9.2 permission issue
- Fixed count of child categories for duplicated categories
- Force re-index required after duplicating
- Fix for store attributes duplication
- Bugfix for incorrect children_count value after duplication which caused categories to ignore expanding.
- Find and replace functionality for name, description, meta keywords, meta description category fields.
- Maintenance release - bugfix.
- Magento 1.4 compatibity.