Duplicate Categories | v1.1.9
Simplify duplication operations.
Automate time-consuming routine operations.
You may need to copy a lot of categories to, let’s say, a new website you’ve created within Magento. With the extension copying products from one category to another, as well as categories and subcategories duplication becomes fast and easy process - because all the routine operations are made automatically.
Save a great amount of time.
Spend just a few minutes on extension installation. Magento duplicate categories tool allows you to free up a lot of time, which you can invest in your store development rather than routine tasks.
Accurate duplication tool.
Choose parent category for the category being duplicated.
You can choose which category will be a parent one for the category you duplicate. For example, you would like to copy category ‘Chairs’ to a different website within your Magento. You can choose which category will be parent for the duplicate in the new website.
Duplicate all subcategories and keep all product assignments (optional).
You can use the module to copy categories and if needed to copy all subcategories of the duplicated category while duplication. You can keep all product assignments in the same way.
new!Automatically modify category name, description, etc.
It is possible to find and replace content for duplicate categories in name, description, meta keywords and meta description fields during duplication. Words from ‘Search For’ fields will be replaced with content from ‘Replace With’ field, you can fill in both fields.
Enhance your product management possibilities with new solutions
Perform more product actions at a time
To optimize your work with routine product management issues use also the Mass Product Actions module. It allows to fulfill this and much more other time consuming manager’s tasks just in a few clicks.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- W3C Validated Code
Online Extension User Guide
- How can I pay for Amasty extensions?
- What is the license policy? On how many websites can I use Amasty extensions?
- How to install Magento extension by Amasty?
- Can I test an Amasty extension on a staging site before transferring it to a live one?
- Can I get a refund if an extension doesn’t suit me?
- Will I get any other benefits?
- Which particular category settings are duplicated with this extension?
- Are new products created while duplicating a category?
- Can I copy all product relations while duplicating a category?
- Can I change the name and description of the duplicated category only?
- Does this extension mirror everything put in the original category even after the duplicate category is created?
- Does this extension have the ability to copy categories from one store view to another?
At first we had a few problems but support fixed them, thanks. But you’d better still create a backup before its installation and before duplicating the categories.
- Value of the field "is anchor" is always reseted to "no" instead of copying or asking for it. When copiing long catalog trees, thats a lot of clicking-work to do afterwards.
Rhonda Morin, OSBStores.com
I have looked around to find something like this, and finally i found it.
I'ts a great extension for duplicating categories. I'm using Magento 126.96.36.199 and it just work perfect.
I now can duplicate the whole root category to a new "root category" or to any of the existing "categories" with all sub-categories and product-relations without any problem.
It saved me a lot of time. : )
I would recommend using this module on 1.4 too.
You can first try a demo, if you want to, in 1.4.x.x
contact website: http://amasty.com/duplicate-categories.html
wholes16, Deployment & integrations provider.
What can I say - It works absolutely flawless. It has been the first extension i've bought which installs without any problems, works without any problems. We are on vServer (not dedicated) and it runs perfectly. Deleting the duplicated categories have not been a problem - i tried everything out.
As always on Amasty Extensions -> No Spaghetti Code in the extension. Other extensions have messed up many things in our store, but never on Amasty's work.