Product Parts Finder for Magento 2
Equip your store with an advanced search option. Let customers easily find necessary repair parts and components by placing Magento 2 year-make-model and other extension filters on your website.
- Enjoy the stable work with large data volumes
- Customize user-friendly finder block design
- Quickly upload CSV files with Drag & Drop
- Allow customers to save search results in bookmarks
- Enhance the UX by embedding finder blocks in any layout
HOW TO MAKE YOUR STORE MORE USER-FRIENDLY
It's vital to provide customers with a quick and clear way to find products by key parameters. An easy-to-use product finder is an essential feature for online stores selling accessories or spare car parts in Magento 2. It allows online shoppers to input the info like year of production, type of vehicle, car model or its manufacturer and get a filtered list of relevant items.
With the Magento 2 Product Parts Finder extension for you'll be able to add product finders to home and category pages and provide customers with an unlimited number of filters and filter options wrapped in a handy dropdowns. Import product data for drop-down values using CSV files and easily customize finder design.
What benefits do you get for your store
Improve customer experience with user-friendly filter options
Enhance your store performance with smart data storage
Effectively manage data import with handy import options
PARTS FINDER: SMART AND HANDY
Stable work with large data volumes
The Magento 2 Product Parts Finder ensures stable work without "explodes" for large catalogs of 10k + products. Better module performance is determined by the usage of AJAX for options load. The data is stored in separate tables for easy and prompt access.
Smart partial search
Advanced Magento 2 parts finder allows customers to select just one filter value in a finder to start looking for specific products, e.g. automotive parts. Thus selecting all options is not required.
Automatically save selected options
All filter values specified by customers will be immediately saved. This handy option allows online shoppers to browse through other store pages and then come back to the product filter page without losing previously saved filter conditions.
Add search results to bookmarks
Allow saving search results to the bookmarks. Users won’t have to waste their time trying to find the page with the products they've previously selected. Thus shoppers will be able to share custom search result links with others.
Display compatible options
When customers navigate to a desired product page after the product search in Magento 2 Finder, they can additionally look for all the other compatible options of the product they are interested in.
Efficiently manage cron tasks
Manage all existing cron tasks on a Cron Tasks List grid from the admin panel. Run cron tasks and generate their schedule by clicking the ‘Run Cron’ button. Delete tasks in bulk, use filtering and sorting options when it is needed.
VARIETY OF DESIGN AND DISPLAY OPTIONS
Enable finder on a home page for a quicker access
With the part finder Magento 2 extension, you can display product filter blocks on the store home page. Thus, customers can start searching for the necessary items right from the landing page without wasting time on exploring website categories.
Enrich finder options with images and labels
Make your parts finder more vivid and engaging for shoppers. Arrange finder options the way you need, choosing:
- Images to display brands' and manufacturers' logo without any text;
- Labels to display series or models more accurately;
- Images & labels together in the styled blocks;
- Dropdowns - default plain variant to display options without any styles, plainly.
User-friendly parts finder block design
Fine-tune the display of the product finder according to your industry needs - either use one of the predefined Magento 2 product selector templates or generate your own one. It's also possible to use both vertical and horizontal templates at the same time and show them in different locations.
Place product finder on a category page in one click
The Magento 2 part finder module enables you to display product autofinders on any category page and apply filter conditions only for the category where they are displayed. You can multi-select categories and specify the position, i.e. sidebar, content.
QUICK & EASY DATA IMPORT
Manage finder records and remove in bulk
To delete or add a few new records to a product finder there is no need to replace the whole existing list with a new one. You can simply remove products via mass action and add new ones and their options manually in the admin panel.
Quick CSV upload with Drag & Drop
Import files manually with a drag-and-drop option or upload them via FTP. Once the files are downloaded it's possible to check all the imported files in the Import History tab.
Import values for filter options
To speed up finder configuration process import values for selection options in CSV format and assign them to corresponding products. View the imported data to check if everything is correct and up to date.
Use ranges for numeric values
Simplify data import by setting ranges for numeric options. For instance, if you need to specify years 2007-2018, the extension will show products for all years from the specified interval. It allows you to create just one line in CSV file instead of 11.
NOTE: You may also automatically upload images using import options. You won’t have to assign each image to an option manually - the Magento 2 product selector identifies the necessary values in a CSV file. Just match option names with the image names and add media content to filters in a few minutes.
More features for your store
- Redirect to the product when there’s only one result
When there is only one result available, you can redirect customers right to the product page they are looking for.
- Automatically load drop-down values
If the specified condition in the first dropdown has a single value, the next filter dropdowns will be loaded automatically and customers will be directed to the search results.
- Ascending and descending sorting for filter values
Use alphabetic order for text values and numeric order for numeric values.
- Apply only one finder at a time
If you place several finders on one page, the extension will apply only one finder at a time and automatically clear already specified conditions for other finders.
What is Magento 2 product search?
To retain a visitor on the pages of your online store there is a whole list of methods for website optimization, one of which is a clear, conveniently located search for products in the online store. Magento 2 product search is an important feature for your store. By implementing this function you give your visitors an opportunity to find products they need faster and convert into customers.
In order to add and employ the Product Parts Finder block on the homepage, it is required to add the finder block code: block class="Amasty\Finder\Block\Form" block_id="finder_form" location="cms" id="2" in the Content text field of the CMS page "Homepage". After that flush your Magento cache and check how it works for you.
How can I add Parts Finder block on homepage?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
The only down side is the static seperator for imports ( "," ) and since we have imports with names that includes a comma in the name we had some troubles. But after we changed the seperator in the extension file we were good to go. Unfortunatly we had to do that on our own since the developers were kinda slow in that manner, but still an amazing extension which i would by again any time.
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
2.3.6, 2.3.6-p1, 2.4.0-p1, 2.4.1, 2.4.1-p1, 2.4.2
- Fix now the configuration export for Varnish 6 is performed as expected
- Fix we resolved the issue with products deletion from grids - now it is performed via mass-action only
- Improvement we enhanced import files validation
- Fix we resolved the issue with an unexpected redirect to a finder creation page upon deletion of a universal product
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.2 and less was improved
- Fix we resolved the issue with images saving to a finder
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.4 was added
- Fix we resolved the issue with mass-selection of a finder's products via Select All link
- Fix we adjusted the console error which occurred upon initialization of Compatibility tab
- Fix we resolved the issue with special characters encoding
- Fix we fixed the importing of images
- Improvement we rewrote the way API delete-requests are performed: now it's possible to delete a value with a value ID instead of a map ID
- Fix we fixed the issue with nonfulfillment of Delete process via massaction
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.4 and default swatches was improved
- Fix we corrected plugin's behavior in case of displaying of two different finders on the same page
- Fix we resolved the issue with deleting of values using API
- Improvement we rechecked and established correct dependency on jQuery UI library
- Fix issue with creating new finder was resolved
- Improvement we implemented minor UX enhancement
- Fix we fixed minor warning in Magento system log
- Fix minor issue was resolved
- Improvement the working process with Big Data was improved
- Compatibility the compatibility with the Magento_Elasticsearch6 was enhanced
- New ability to manage all existing cron tasks on a Cron Tasks List grid in backend was added. Run cron tasks and generate their schedule by clicking the ‘Run Cron’ button. Also, delete tasks in bulk, apply filtering and sorting options when it is needed
- Improvement minor enhancements and fixes were added
- Compatibility the compatibility with the Magento v2.3.1 was enhacned
- Improvement now at the Product Page an empty 'Compatible Options' tab is hidden
- Compatibility compatibility with AMP for Blog Pro extension was improved
- New an API method to get the products collection by the finder options was added
- Improvement the configuration settings were improved
- Fix an issue with image import was resolved
- Fix an issue with filtering was resolved
- Improvement now compatible options at the product page are ordered by A-Z
- Fix an issue with missing input field validation was resolved
- Improvement several usability enhancements were implemented
- Improvement dropdown style for Display Type=Label/Image and Label/Image was enhanced
- Improvement fixed the directory for finder options images import
- Improvement automatic less file generation was added
- Improvement the Parts Finder Compatibility tab on the product page was enhacned
- Fix an issue with redirect from home page was resolved
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento CE 2.1.14 was improved
- Fix an issue with the products in finder created via API was resolved
- Fix an issue with redirect to the product page with one product in result was resolved
- Fix an issue with 'back' browser button was resolved
- Fix the issue with the finder API was fixed
- New allows to add images for the finder dropdown options to make them more eye catching
- Improvement configuration settings were reviewed and enhanced
- Fix the minor issues were resolved
- Fix the minor issue related to filtering results for two or more applied finders was fixed
- New allows to display all the finder filter options, which the product is compatible with, in the special tab at the product page
- Fix the issues with redirects to finder results when using FPC were resolved
- Improvement minor enhancements
- Improvement the module sets 'is_anchor' to 'yes' for the root categories during the installation
- Compatibility the compatibility with the Amasty Elastic Search extension was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with Varnish Cache was added
- Fix the minor issues were resolved
- Fix the issue with webapi was resolved
- Fix the issue with the product grid in backend on M2.1.9 was resolved
- Fix the issue with the 'Redirect to product page when there is only one product in result' setting was resolved
- Fix the issue with finder on the default category was resolved
- Improvement a setting to enable finder on the search page was added in the finder configuration
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Improved Layered Navigation ajax was added
- Fix issue with finder automatically added to the cms and search result pages was fixed
- New Includes the jQuery plugin that makes select boxes much more user-friendly and equips it with the search field
- Improvement the Mass Delete Action to the Finder Products Grid was added
- Fix minor fixes and improvements were added
- New Allows to specify the finder block position in the configuration
- New Allows to select the categories from the list in the configuration to enable the finder at
- Improvement information section is added. Now you can see the version of installed extension, available updates, User Guide link, conflicts and other useful data right on the module Configuration page
- Fix an issue in Magento 2.1 with the 'Redirect to product page when there is only one product in result' option redirects to a 404 error when making a search with only one result was resolced
- New allows to manage Finder block visibility on the Default Category. It is useful when there are several finders added to the default category but you need to display only one of them at the frontend
- New allows to add Finder to the Default Category automatically in order to get the Finder working properly at the home and cms pages
- Removed the ?amfinder parameter from the URL when more than one product in the result
- Fixed an issue with Finder not resetting when 'Clear other (previous) finder conditions' setting is enabled
- Fixed an issue with the M2.1.x incompatibility. More details about the issue can be found here.
- Other minor fixes and improvements
- Fixed an issue with a usage of a browser 'Back' button after a search in the Magento Open Source
- Fixed an issue with the CSV file import
- Compatibility with the Built-in Magento EE ElasticSearch
- New API Support introduced
- Minor fixes and improvements
- Code style refactoring
- Fixed an issue with the capital letters became the lower case after import data
- Disabled the caching for the finder block
- Redirect right to the product page when there is only one position in the search result
- Installation issue fixed
- Fixes for multiple Finders on the same page
- Minor code imporvements
- Cache-related issues fixed
- Fix for import not responding in case of import folder did not exist
- Added ability to show finder on any page
- Code is organized according to the new Magento standards
- Minor fix for JS event
- Better compatibility with Magento FPC
- Updated i18n files
- Fixed wrong caching in some cases
- Fixed UTF8 encoding for import
- Compatibility with Magento 2.1