Advanced Search for Magento 2
Help customers smoothly navigate through the website and quickly find desired products with Magento 2 Advanced Search. Show related, recent, and popular search terms to upsell via flexibly customizable autocomplete popup.
- Show results from the product, category and CMS pages
- Get insights about your customers from search analytics
- Engage users by displaying recent and popular searches
- Flexibly customize the layout of the search pop-up
- Convert users into purchases right from the search
- Benefit from compatibility with the Jet Theme by Amasty
According to the research you have only 50 milliseconds for creating a pleasant first impression. Today having intuitive search is a global standard for a user-friendly website. Build customer loyalty starting from the very first steps of your visitors. Provide buyers with seamless product search in your Magento 2 store. Let anyone find what they need. The first impression and store usability, in general, remain crucial as they directly influence on a bounce rate.
We know a secret of how to smoothly navigate customers to a purchase: empower your store with a user-friendly search. Expand default Magento 2 search functionality with advanced features specially developed to improve store usability. Allow users search all over the website providing the results from one place. Let shoppers add products to the cart right from the magento ajax search autocomplete suggestion popup.
How can Advanced Search help your store?
Boost sales with the accelerated product search process
Stay ahead of competitors timely analyzing buyers' demands
Optimize search quality with additional search info blocks
How does Magento 2 Advanced Search work?The module makes searching process intuitive which significantly increases the chances for a customer to find the desired product and make a purchase. Have a look at the three examples of how the extension makes searching more user-friendly:
Provide customers with a seamless path to a purchase
Redirect from broken URLs to the search results
Avoid chaotic user flow and decrease customer churn with automatic redirection of the URLs leading to 404 page to the page with search results.
Decrease the number of steps to a purchase
If this feature is enabled, a customer will be instantly redirected to the target page if the search engine defines there’s only one relevant result.
Know your customers better and get more ways to customize search
Compatibility: Results based on Landing pages
With Landing Pages for Magento 2, it is possible to additionally have a Landing section in the search popup with clickable results.
Compatibility: Results based on Brands
Having installed Shop by Brands for Magento 2, you can display the Brands section in the search popup.
Compatibility: Search results for blog pages
Magento 2 instant search functionality supports the Amasty Blog Pro extension to help store visitors find the required content on your corporate blog.
Compatibility: Search in the FAQ section
Help users find anything they have in mind! With this extension, the search will also return results from the FAQ and Product Questions pages, created with the Amasty extension.
How to enable search by category attributes in Magento 2?
- Install and enable the Advanced Search extension.
- Go to Stores → Configuration → Amasty Extensions → Advanced Search and open the Categories section.
Set Enabled to Yes.
- Then enter Title, Position, and the maximal number of displayed Results.
- Set up the Name and Description Length for a popup window.
- If you want to show a full path to the category, choose Yes from the Display Full Category Path dropdown.
- Save the changes.
Enhance store usability
with an advanced search solution
pick up one that suits your business needs
If compared we can say that Advanced Search extension is a part of Elastic Search that deals mainly with modifying the autocomplete popup by adding various product attributes to it and making it more user friendly. It also modified the search result page by adding separate tabs for products, categories, CMS and other entities. Read the full answer to learn more details.Read the FULL answer
What is the difference between Elastic Search and Advanced Search extensions for Magento 2?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Do you have any questions?
Schedule a demo and get all the answers you're looking for!
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
2.3.6, 2.3.6-p1, 2.4.0-p1, 2.4.1, 2.4.1-p1, 2.4.2
- New now Relevance Rules can be applied to autocomplete search popup
- Compatibility we enhanced compatibility with Magento Shared Catalog feature
- Fix we corrected the filtration on Most Wanted Search Terms and Recent Activity grids
- Fix we fixed the exclusion of CMS Pages
- Compatibility we improved compatibility with other Amasty extensions that are using the jQuery Slick library
- Fix we fixed the console error occurred upon using custom Magento themes
- Fix we corrected the autocomplete popup display in case Products block is disabled
- New we implemented the Elastic Search indexing for Categories, CMS, Amasty Blog, Landing, Brand and FAQ pages
- New now you can modify an empty search results page by inserting any CMS block with a custom content instead of the default message
- New we designed an option to show latest search queries for logged in customers for more convenient and less time-consuming repeat searches
- New we added a new block to an autocomplete popup to show customer’s recently visited products
- New we designed an integration with Amasty Improved Sorting extension: now you can display Bestsellers block right in the search popup to acquaint visitors with the most popular products of your store before they start searching
- Compatibility now customers can choose a wishlist for adding products from an autocomplete popup if multiple wishlist functionality is enabled on Magento Commerce
- Improvement we added an option to exclude separate CMS pages from search - you can use it to limit the display of some pages (404 page, home, etc.) in search results
- Fix we corrected the config importing via command line
- Fix we resolved the issue with missing images in the autocomplete popup
- Fix we resolved the issue with products missing upon catalog search indexation
- Improvement MFTF tests were moved to additional packages particular for Magento 2.3.5+ and Magento 2.4.0+
- Improvement we improved search with non-latin alphabet
- Fix we resolved issue with caching search query and 403 error in console
- New we created a search widget which allows you to place additional search field with full searching functionality at any place on the store pages
- Fix we corrected the issue with searching by category if the search query is present in several category attributes
- Fix we corrected the functioning of ‘Show "Out of Stock" Products Last’ feature in case items are searched by the same search query
- Compatibility we enhanced compatibility with Amasty FAQ and Product Questions
- Improvement we improved the design of autocomplete window
- Improvement we enhanced the usability of extension configuration by adding dependencies and comments
- Fix we resolved the issue occurred on the storefront if any of the custom layout fields is empty
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.4 was added
- Compatibility now the extension is compatible with Amasty Jet Theme
- Fix we implemented corrections to the process of adding products to cart from autocomplete popup
- Fix we fixed the issue of browser non-responding if ESC key is clicked several times for autocomplete popup
- Fix now the title of Blog Pro tab is displayed correctly on search results pages
- Improvement we improved code constructions for Magento Marketplace standards
- Compatibility we improved compatibility with Amasty Blog Pro and Shop by Brand extensions by performing enhancements in plugin's indexation
- Fix we corrected the filtration on Analytics grid
- Fix we resolved the issue with excess query calling with Recent and Popular Searches functionality disabled in autocomplete popup
- Fix we fixed files matching in case of enabled redirect from 404 to search results page
- Fix we corrected product link URL in multistore case for search popup
- Fix we rechecked and established correct dependency on jQuery UI library
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Blog Was improved
- Fix we resolved issue with missing products in search popup with Elastic Search enabled
- New now the plugin's package contains MFTF tests aimed at quality and stability enhancement
- Improvement we optimized the quantity of queries required for autocomplete pop-up display
- Fix we resolved the issue with incorrect category URL in pop-up
- Improvement we implemented enhancement of Autocomplete Popup indexation to avoid memory issues in case of large catalogs
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.4 was improved
- Improvement minor improvement was implemented
- Improvement we implemented design enhancement of related search terms dislaying on storefront
- Improvement we added a new option that allows you to control search field width - now you the field can keep the same width during searching process and doesn't get resized according to the width of autocomplete window
- Fix we corrected the malfunctioning of search with special characters in search query
- Fix we resolved issue with customer groups and cache
- Fix we fixed error with indexation
- Improvement we reviewed and enhanced the logic of Popular Searches block in autocomplete popup
- Fix we resolved the incorrect behavior of search popup on mobile devices
- Fix we fixed the issue with incorrect URLs in autocomplete popup in case of 'Add Store Code to Urls' setting enabled
- Fix minor fixes were implemented
- New we introduced a new functionality which adds related search queries to search result page
- Improvement we improved the redirect from 404 to search result page
- Improvement we improved search popup first byte time, which speeded up search and autocomplete window displaying
- Compatibility we added compatibility with Amasty FAQ and Product Questions plugin. If search terms are included into existing FAQ categories and questions, corresponding findings will be shown in search autocomplete window and under separate tab on search results page
- Improvement plugin’s SEO was enhanced
- Compatibility due to resolving of several styling issues we improved the compatibility of extension’s elements with Porto theme
- Improvement we removed an overlay for autocomplete pop-up for better user experience
- Fix we fixed the problem with 'Add to compare' functionality in the search pop-up
- Fix we resolved an issue with sku with special characters missing in results on the search page
- Fix we resolved minor issue with 'Most Wanted Search Terms' grid pagination
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.2 was enhanced
- Fix issue with popup styles was resolved
- Fix issue with special characters was fixed
- Compatibility the compatibility with Amasty FAQ and Product Questions extension was added
- Fix an issue with closing pop-up on iOS was resolved
- Fix an issue with url indexation was resolved
- Improvement the autocomplete popup indexation was enhanced. It covers the products indexation now. This feature comes with Amasty Elastic Search extension only
- Fix an issue with autocomplete pop-up in IE11 was resolved
- Fix an issue with searching for product SKU that includes dots was resolved
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.1 was added
- New the Most Wanted Search Terms and Recent Activity (Search Volume) grids data were added in backend
- Improvement ability to enable indexation for autocomplete popup via backend setting was added. This feature comes with Amasty Elastic Search extension only.
- Improvement the Engagement statistics now includes the page jumps to Brands, Categories, Blog, CMS & Landing pages
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento 2.3.0 was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with Amasty Ajax Shopping Cart extension was added
- Compatibility the compatibility with php 5.6 was added
- Fix an issue with search popup incorrect behavior was resolved
- Fix the issue with database field type was fixed
- New new search autocomplete pop-up design was introduced
- New the Analytics Dashboard was added to provide admin with the report about the search volume based on users recent activity. Also admin is able to track the most popular search terms in the store
- Improvement the Popular and Recent search results in the autocomplete pop-up was enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Elastic Search was enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento Commerce was enhanced
- Fix an issue with category index for multiple stores was resolved
- Fix the issue with indexing pop-up window's results was resolved
- Improvement extension's installation was improved
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento Cloud was added
- Improvement the search popup performance was enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Elastic Search extension was improved
- Improvement the configuration settings were revised and enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Improved Layered Navigation was enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.0-alpha was added
- Compatibility Custom URL Key for Default Search Results Page is compatible with Varnish Cache but need to be added to the exceptions.
- Fix design issue on the tablet was resolved
- Improvement now, you can see the full category path in the search results popup
- Fix the issue when the 'Recent and Popular' search hadn't been displayed for the search result with one product was resolved
- Improvement the 'Recent' and 'Popular' searches were enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with the custom themes without LESS was improved
- Fix the minor issues were resolved
- Fix the issue with the CSS style in the search popup page description was resolved
- New now, you can search by blog pages and blog categories created with the Amasty Blog Pro extension
- Fix the issue on magento commerce cloud with required writing permissions for the file system was resolved.
- New a separate tab on the Search result page for Brand pages was added
- Improvement the total results count added to the search popup
- Fix a design issue with ILN slider elements over search popup was resolved
- New separate tabs on the Search result page for Category, CMS and Landing pages were added
- New the search by brand pages created with Amasty Shop by Brand extension was added
- Improvement set FOLLOW for catalog search result page and advanced search result page
- Improvement if one product has been found in autocomplete popup it redirects to the product page by 'Enter' button click only
- Fix the issue with Recent search and Popular search are not clickable on search popup in IE 11 was resolved
- Fix the issue with compilation process was resolved
- New allows to configure SEO URL Key for the default search results page
- Improvement ability to include CSS style when the standard LESS functionality is missing was added
- Fix the issue with the products block position on mobile was resolved
- New move 'out of stock' items to the end of the search result and show products which are available for purchase first
- Improvement enhanced the full text results within CMS pages and blocks
- Improvement now the full category path is visible on mouse over the category search result
- Fix the issue with caching Recent and Popular search results on M2.1.9 was resolved
- Improvement added reindexing to install data script
- Improvement search by Amasty Landing Pages was enhanced
- Improvement search result based on attributes weights was enhanced
- Fix the HTML errors were fixed
- Fix the issue with the sort order on the configuration page in backend was resolved
- New the autocomplete popup window design was updated. Now it is available in horizontal view for the desktop and vertical view on mobile
- New the search by landing pages created with Amasty Landing Pages extension was added
- Improvement minor improvements were made
- Fix fixes were implemented
- New added NOINDEX to the app/design/frontend/YOUR_PACKAGE/YOUR_THEME/layout/local.xml to prevent search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.) from needlessly indexing Magento catalog search results page(s) and advanced search results page(s)
- New added a feature, which allows to redirect customers to a store search results page (or to a product page directly when there is the only one product in result) from a broken URL instead of a '404 Not Found' page
- Fixed an issue with W3 validation errors and notices
- Fixed an issue with the wrong cms page URL
- Compatibility with the Built-in Magento EE Solr & ElasticSearch
- Code refactoring
- CSS 2 LESS
- New Redirect to the product page if only one product has been found
- Fixed an issue with the popup products qty for M2.2
- Minor fixes
- Fixed an issue with the attribute options
- Fixed an issue with the cache
- New option to show popular search terms on first click
- Fixed an issue with multi store configuration
- Fixed an issue with 'undefined' in search results
- Fixed an issue with attributes configuration
- Minor improvements for ACL (Access Control List)
- Added attribute relevancy weight configuration
- Fix for indexing on Enterprise edition
- Fixed `Add To Compare` function