Advanced Search for Magento 2
Make the search process as easy as it can be with Magento 2 Advanced Search. Help customers instantly find the products they need. Flexibly customize the autocomplete popup.
- Use advanced autocomplete window
- Display recent and popular searches
- Enable search in categories, products and on CMS pages
- Customize search window layout
- Display 'Add to cart' button in the autocomplete popup
Need a tool to help customers quickly find necessary products? Our Search Autocomplete extension will help you expand Magento 2 default search functionality with new features specially developed to improve your store usability. Provide visitors with detailed search information based on products, categories and CMS pages. Show recent and most popular search data and let shoppers add products to cart right from the autocomplete suggestion window.
What benefits do you get for your store
Boost sales with the accelerated product search process
Stay ahead of competitors timely analyzing buyers' demands
Optimize search performance with various search info blocks
- Add filtering by attributes with priority
- Display an advanced autocomplete popup window
- Display Add to cart button and product reviews
- Redirect from 404 pages to the search results
- Specify search window size and custom layout
- Add search results for CMS and landing pages content
- Set nice looking short URL for results' page
- Display out-of-stock items last in the results
Include product attributes in search algorithm
Show recent and popular searches on the first click
NEW | Search results Tabs
NEW | Sections for categories, blog, CMS, brand, landing pages
Display Add to cart, View All and Reviews buttons
Customize autocomplete window layout
How does Magento 2 advanced search work?
The module makes the searching process intuitive. The customer clicks on the search box and sees the popular and latest search requests. They start typing a request, and the module shows a popup with relevant search results by category or products. Customers can search for any product attribute, for example, color. This extension uses a MySQL engine to make the process fast and seamless. Also, it is fully compatible with built-in Magento EE Solr and Elasticsearch.
Maximize profits by analyzing visitors' recent activity and the data gained on the Search Analytics dashboard, including the next values: total searches, unique searches, the number of users and users’ engagement. The Engagement statistics includes the page jumps to Brands, Categories, Blog, CMS & Landing pages. Also, you have the ability to monitor customers' recent activity and the most wanted search terms via special grids in the backend.
Boost conversions with an instant search tool
Show recent and popular search suggestions
With the Magento 2 Advanced Search extension you can display recent and popular search results once a customer clicks on the quick search window. Specify the maximal number of products you want to show and set the sort order position to display the block according to your needs.
Benefit from related search terms
Streamline the search flow by organizing related search keywords. This way, the extension would foresee what customer wanted to find and will automatically display relevant results.
Select colors for popup elements
Choose the color for each search window elementaccording to your needs. Use color picker to select the necessary tint in seconds. You can also indicate the window width in pixels to make it fit in with other page elements.
Show Add to cart button
The purpose of the search is to instantly lead customers to a product they need. Display Add to cart button next to the product in the search autocomplete popup to let users purchase necessary products right away. Additionally, there are Add to wishlist, Add to Compare icons, to bookmark products on the fly.
Display product reviews
To help customers make the purchase decision much faster you can show product reviews and ratings right in the search autocomplete window.
Set autocomplete parameters
With the advanced search feature customers won't have to insert the entire word to start searching. You can specify the minimal number of characters which customers need to type in to trigger the search process.
Display various search info blocks
Search results based on CMS pages content
Add search results based on CMS pages to the autocomplete window to provide customers with detailed search results. Specify maximal page name and content length not to overload the search window with excessive characters.
Results based on Landing pages
With Landing Pages for Magento 2, it is possible to additionally have a Landing section in the search pop with clickable results.
Results based on Brands
Having installed Shop by Brands for Magento 2, you can display Brands section in the search pop.
Category based search results
Enable categories block to show search results based on category attributes. Determine maximal length for category names and descriptions to make your search autocomplete window look informative and clear.
Search results for blog pages
This module supports the Amasty Blog Pro extension to help store visitors find the required content on your corporate blog.
Search in FAQ section
Help users find anything they have in mind! With this extension, the search will also return results from the FAQ and Product Questions pages, created with the Amasty extension.
Extend your search functionality, employing Elasticsearch engineIn case you need even more flexible search query settings, that allow you to specify search logic and types for each particular product attribute, try out the new Amasty extension Elastic Search for Magento 2.
Find out which search solution is the most suitable for your business needs
|Key features||Advanced Search||Elastic Search|
|Use advanced autocomplete window||+||+|
|Display recent and popular searches||+||+|
|Enable search in categories, products, in blog, brand, landing pages & FAQ||+||+|
|Display 'Add to cart' button in the autocomplete popup||+||+|
|Add filtering by attributes with priority||+||+|
|Display related search terms||+||+|
|Show product reviews and ratings in the search window||+||+|
|Redirect from 404 pages to the search results||+||+|
|Provide synonym results and spell correction||—||+|
|Show alternative variants, when there are 0 found items||—||+|
|Promote certain products in the search results||—||+|
|Provide enhanced category search||—||+|
|Enable long-tail search||—||+|
|Search analytics dashboard||+||+|
How to configure Magento 2 search settings?
- Go to Stores > Settings > Configuration.
- In the Catalog tab, choose Catalog and open the Catalog Search section.
- Set MYSQL in the Search Engine field.
- Specify Minimal Query Length and Maximum Query Length.
- Limit the Number of top search results to cache.
- Enter Autocomplete Limit.
- To enable search suggestions and recommendations, set Yes for the Enable Search Suggestions and Enable Search Recommendations fields.
- Save the changes.
If compared we can say that Advanced Search extension is a part of Elastic Search that deals mainly with modifying the autocomplete popup by adding various product attributes to it and making it more user friendly. It also modified the search result page by adding separate tabs for products, categories, CMS and other entities. Read the full answer to learn more details.
What is the difference between Elastic Search and Advanced Search extensions for Magento 2?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
Magento 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 (including 2.3.4)
- Fix we rechecked and established correct dependency on jQuery UI library
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Blog Was improved
- Fix we resolved issue with missing products in search popup with Elastic Search enabled
- New now the plugin's package contains MFTF tests aimed at quality and stability enhancement
- Improvement we optimized the quantity of queries required for autocomplete pop-up display
- Fix we resolved the issue with incorrect category URL in pop-up
- Improvement we implemented enhancement of Autocomplete Popup indexation to avoid memory issues in case of large catalogs
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.4 was improved
- Improvement minor improvement was implemented
- Improvement we implemented design enhancement of related search terms dislaying on storefront
- Improvement we added a new option that allows you to control search field width - now you the field can keep the same width during searching process and doesn't get resized according to the width of autocomplete window
- Fix we corrected the malfunctioning of search with special characters in search query
- Fix we resolved issue with customer groups and cache
- Fix we fixed error with indexation
- Improvement we reviewed and enhanced the logic of Popular Searches block in autocomplete popup
- Fix we resolved the incorrect behavior of search popup on mobile devices
- Fix we fixed the issue with incorrect URLs in autocomplete popup in case of 'Add Store Code to Urls' setting enabled
- Fix minor fixes were implemented
- New we introduced a new functionality which adds related search queries to search result page
- Improvement we improved the redirect from 404 to search result page
- Improvement we improved search popup first byte time, which speeded up search and autocomplete window displaying
- Compatibility we added compatibility with Amasty FAQ and Product Questions plugin. If search terms are included into existing FAQ categories and questions, corresponding findings will be shown in search autocomplete window and under separate tab on search results page
- Improvement plugin’s SEO was enhanced
- Compatibility due to resolving of several styling issues we improved the compatibility of extension’s elements with Porto theme
- Improvement we removed an overlay for autocomplete pop-up for better user experience
- Fix we fixed the problem with 'Add to compare' functionality in the search pop-up
- Fix we resolved an issue with sku with special characters missing in results on the search page
- Fix we resolved minor issue with 'Most Wanted Search Terms' grid pagination
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.2 was enhanced
- Fix issue with popup styles was resolved
- Fix issue with special characters was fixed
- Compatibility the compatibility with Amasty FAQ and Product Questions extension was added
- Fix an issue with closing pop-up on iOS was resolved
- Fix an issue with url indexation was resolved
- Improvement the autocomplete popup indexation was enhanced. It covers the products indexation now. This feature comes with Amasty Elastic Search extension only
- Fix an issue with autocomplete pop-up in IE11 was resolved
- Fix an issue with searching for product SKU that includes dots was resolved
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.1 was added
- New the Most Wanted Search Terms and Recent Activity (Search Volume) grids data were added in backend
- Improvement ability to enable indexation for autocomplete popup via backend setting was added. This feature comes with Amasty Elastic Search extension only.
- Improvement the Engagement statistics now includes the page jumps to Brands, Categories, Blog, CMS & Landing pages
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento 2.3.0 was enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with Amasty Ajax Shopping Cart extension was added
- Compatibility the compatibility with php 5.6 was added
- Fix an issue with search popup incorrect behavior was resolved
- Fix the issue with database field type was fixed
- New new search autocomplete pop-up design was introduced
- New the Analytics Dashboard was added to provide admin with the report about the search volume based on users recent activity. Also admin is able to track the most popular search terms in the store
- Improvement the Popular and Recent search results in the autocomplete pop-up was enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Elastic Search was enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento Commerce was enhanced
- Fix an issue with category index for multiple stores was resolved
- Fix the issue with indexing pop-up window's results was resolved
- Improvement extension's installation was improved
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento Cloud was added
- Improvement the search popup performance was enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Elastic Search extension was improved
- Improvement the configuration settings were revised and enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty Improved Layered Navigation was enhanced
- Compatibility compatibility with Magento 2.3.0-alpha was added
- Compatibility Custom URL Key for Default Search Results Page is compatible with Varnish Cache but need to be added to the exceptions.
- Fix design issue on the tablet was resolved
- Improvement now, you can see the full category path in the search results popup
- Fix the issue when the 'Recent and Popular' search hadn't been displayed for the search result with one product was resolved
- Improvement the 'Recent' and 'Popular' searches were enhanced
- Compatibility the compatibility with the custom themes without LESS was improved
- Fix the minor issues were resolved
- Fix the issue with the CSS style in the search popup page description was resolved
- New now, you can search by blog pages and blog categories created with the Amasty Blog Pro extension
- Fix the issue on magento commerce cloud with required writing permissions for the file system was resolved.
- New a separate tab on the Search result page for Brand pages was added
- Improvement the total results count added to the search popup
- Fix a design issue with ILN slider elements over search popup was resolved
- New separate tabs on the Search result page for Category, CMS and Landing pages were added
- New the search by brand pages created with Amasty Shop by Brand extension was added
- Improvement set FOLLOW for catalog search result page and advanced search result page
- Improvement if one product has been found in autocomplete popup it redirects to the product page by 'Enter' button click only
- Fix the issue with Recent search and Popular search are not clickable on search popup in IE 11 was resolved
- Fix the issue with compilation process was resolved
- New allows to configure SEO URL Key for the default search results page
- Improvement ability to include CSS style when the standard LESS functionality is missing was added
- Fix the issue with the products block position on mobile was resolved
- New move 'out of stock' items to the end of the search result and show products which are available for purchase first
- Improvement enhanced the full text results within CMS pages and blocks
- Improvement now the full category path is visible on mouse over the category search result
- Fix the issue with caching Recent and Popular search results on M2.1.9 was resolved
- Improvement added reindexing to install data script
- Improvement search by Amasty Landing Pages was enhanced
- Improvement search result based on attributes weights was enhanced
- Fix the HTML errors were fixed
- Fix the issue with the sort order on the configuration page in backend was resolved
- New the autocomplete popup window design was updated. Now it is available in horizontal view for the desktop and vertical view on mobile
- New the search by landing pages created with Amasty Landing Pages extension was added
- Improvement minor improvements were made
- Fix fixes were implemented
- New added NOINDEX to the app/design/frontend/YOUR_PACKAGE/YOUR_THEME/layout/local.xml to prevent search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.) from needlessly indexing Magento catalog search results page(s) and advanced search results page(s)
- New added a feature, which allows to redirect customers to a store search results page (or to a product page directly when there is the only one product in result) from a broken URL instead of a '404 Not Found' page
- Fixed an issue with W3 validation errors and notices
- Fixed an issue with the wrong cms page URL
- Compatibility with the Built-in Magento EE Solr & ElasticSearch
- Code refactoring
- CSS 2 LESS
- New Redirect to the product page if only one product has been found
- Fixed an issue with the popup products qty for M2.2
- Minor fixes
- Fixed an issue with the attribute options
- Fixed an issue with the cache
- New option to show popular search terms on first click
- Fixed an issue with multi store configuration
- Fixed an issue with 'undefined' in search results
- Fixed an issue with attributes configuration
- Minor improvements for ACL (Access Control List)
- Added attribute relevancy weight configuration
- Fix for indexing on Enterprise edition
- Fixed `Add To Compare` function