Currency Auto Switcher by Mageworx for Magento 2
- Convert products’ prices to numerous currencies
- Automate currency display with geolocation detection
- Display relevant currencies with Currency-Country relations optimization
- Exclude particular User Agents and URLs from auto-switching
Configuration of foreign currency is an important step when reaching out to international audiences. Vanilla Magento 2 offers limited multi-currency capabilities, as it doesn’t allow automatic currency display based on customers’ location. It can be challenging for shoppers to browse your shop with a foreign currency displayed and might lead to confusion on customers’ part.
Allows customers to browse your shop in their preferred currency without the hassle of doing currency conversion. This Magento 2 Currency Switcher detects customers’ IP addresses and automatically displays relevant prices in visitor’s local currency based on geolocation. It positively impacts sales, as buyers now know exactly how much each product costs and can buy it right away.
Benefits you get with Currency Switcher
Grow international sales showing prices in local currencies
Automate the foreign currency display based on user location
Prevent scams logging user IPs and monitoring unusual activity
Streamline the display of up-to-date currency information
One-click GeoIP update in the admin panel
This Magento 2 extension allows you to keep the GeoIP currency switcher database always up-to-date. It saves admins’ time spent on maintenance tasks, as now you need to simply press one button and the module will do the rest.
Manage GeoIP exceptions as required
In some cases, you might want to limit automatic currency switching. For example, if you need to disable currency switching for search engine's crawler bots — simply enter the User-Agent list here. Also, you can disable auto currency switching for particular store pages with Exception URLs setting. It might be helpful in case you use a certain currency on the payment part, and don’t want the module to convert prices on payment pages.
Set up currency switching relations
Some currencies are used only in one country, while other currencies are well-recognized worldwide. There are regions where one currency is used in several countries — think of the Euro as an example. With the Magento 2 Currency Conversion extension, you can create Currency-Country relations that work best for your business needs. For example, you sell only in dollars, euros, and pounds and need to control what currency to use in each country (irrespective of local currency). E.g., manually set the ‘$’ dollar for Northern and South America and precisely distribute the ‘£’ pound and ‘€’ display between countries of the European region.
How to boost sales showing prices in familiar currencies
Show currencies for any countries you need
In Magento 2, there are 160+ available currencies for auto-switching to choose from. This way, you can precisely adjust which currencies are available for automatic currency switching. This setting can be configured on a Store View level, so it’s possible to have different currencies for two sites on the same Magento instance.
Manage foreign currency rates
In Magento 2, you can easily adjust the currency rates manually or by schedule.
- For manual rate adjustment, simply enter the necessary numbers for the corresponding currency. Alternatively, you can refresh the data with one click on the ‘Import’ button.
- To set automatic rate updates, configure the schedule in the admin at the Scheduled Import Settings section.
Prevent frauds monitoring order placing locations
Track geographical origin of the placed orders and the customers in real-time. This way, you can timely notice fraudulent orders. The Magento 2 tracks the IPs for placed orders, so if you have a spike of suspicious orders that were all placed from the same IP address, you can action on it and prevent money loss.
Keep track of order exchange rates
Make sure you speak with customers in the same language and numbers. In case you need to process a refund or solve payment issues, Magento provides the info on the exact currency rate that might come in handy.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Be the first to review this product
Currency Auto Switcher for Magento 2 by Mageworx
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
Magento 2.3.5+, 2.4.x
- Fix we fixed the error on the front-end with certain values in the "Exception URLs"
- Compatibility we added Magento 2.4 compatibility
- Compatibility we added support for new MaxMind database policy
- Fix we fixed the problems with Magento 2 FPC
- Compatibility we added the compatibility with Magento 2.3
- Compatibility we added the compatibility with Magento 2.2
- Fix minor bug fixes
- Compatibility we added the compatibility with Magento 2.1.3
- Improvement latest version of MaxMind GeoIP database is added
- Fix minor bug fixes
- Fix bug fixes for Magento 2.1
- New initial release