GeoIP Redirect | v1.0.9
Show relevant content to your customers
Enjoy flexible redirect options
The extension enables you to apply redirect logic to all urls or only to specific ones.
Restrict redirection for particular urls
URLs like home or FAQ page might be the same for all store views, so you can exclude them from redirection. Pages with delivery info or contacts are usually different for each store view, so you can apply redirect option to them only.
Enable redirect for only first or for each visit
Now you can choose whether to redirect only for their first visit and then allow them to choose which store version is more comfortable, or enable redirect for each visit and adjust your webstore to users’ geolocation automatically.
Ignores user agents
As you know your site is constantly crawled by search engine robots. You can specify which of them to ignore. It is important for proper website operations. Google, Yahoo, Bing and other popular search engines are ignored by default.
Restrict redirects by IP address
Sometimes you may need to redirect your visitors to another website, but still allow certain users to access your webstore as it is. For example, some of your staff works remotely. In this case it is necessary to give the admin users a permission to access your webshop from their IPs.
Redirect to particular store view
The module automatically determines visitors' geolocation and sends them to the correct store view. You can create several store views with different info, languages and product range, which will be highly relevant to your potential customers' tastes.
Redirect only from the home page
Although the option to automatically show your visitors the correct store view is a very suitable feature, sometimes a user may need to see specific pages of your site (product pages, for example) just as they are. Enable ‘Redirect From Home Page Only’ option to make your customers’ shopping experience more pleasant and convenient.
Switch currency based on the visitor's country
If you own a multistore it is essential to understand that users want to see prices in familiar currency. Enable specific currency mapping for each country you work with to improve shopping experience. The module will automatically choose right currency based on visitors' countries.
Redirect to the specific url
Customers can be redirected to specific Magento store views according to their geolocation. The feature is useful if you have different domains for your international stores or if you don't provide delivery services for a specific country you can redirect users from this country to contacts page to find out where to shop offline.
Redirect between websites or only within stores of the same website
This feature is extremely handy if, for example, you have several websites with really different selection of products. E.g. if you are selling building materials and clothing on two separate websites, you can disable redirection between them. Moreover, you can disable the module for a particular store view, so when a customer comes to this store, no further redirection rules will be applied.
To expand your presence further, you can also let customers find the nearest offline store to purchase your products. Use Store Locator extension for this.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- W3C Validated Code
Online Extension User Guide
- How can I pay for Amasty extensions?
- What is the license policy? On how many websites can I use Amasty extensions?
- How to install Magento extension by Amasty?
- Can I test an Amasty extension on a staging site before transferring it to a live one?
- Can I get a refund if an extension doesn’t suit me?
- Will I get any other benefits?
- Is it possible to block and redirect IPs from certain nations with this extension?
- Can I exclude certain IP addresses, so that they would not be redirected?
- Can I redirect visitors between store views but not websites?
- Can I disable GeoIP redirection for a certain store view only?
- Can customers switch to any other available language and currency manually?
- Can I disable an option to switch languages and locations manually?
- Does this GeoIP switcher work with CloudFlare?
- What geoip databases are used?
- How can I test redirects for different countries?
The thing I like most about this extension is that you can select urls where to redirect users, it’s very handy as it gives me ultimate flexibility and saves time.
Though I’m not a technical person, the installation wasn’t very difficult. Setting up raised some questions but they were clearly and quickly answered by guys from Amasty support.