GeoIP Redirect for Magento 1
Automatically define visitors' locations by IP and redirect them to relevant information. Segment store visitors by location to increase probability of purchase thanks to proper content presentation, familiar currency and language.
- Auto detect visitor's IP address
- Redirect to all or particular urls
- Exclude only specific urls
- Redirect to store views based on IP
- Currency change based on location
Show relevant content to your customers
Enjoy flexible redirect options
Magento GeoIP Store Switcher enables you to apply redirect logic to all urls or only to specific ones.
- Restrict redirects for particular urls
- Enable redirect for only first or for each visit
- Ignore search engine robots
- Restrict redirects by IP address
- Redirect to particular store view
- Redirect only from the home page
- Switch currency based on country info
- Redirect to the specific URL
Restrict redirection for particular urls
URLs like home or FAQ page might be the same for all store views, so you can exclude them from redirection. Pages with delivery info or contacts are usually different for each store view, so you can apply redirect option to them only.
Enable redirect for only first or for each visit
Now you can choose whether to redirect only for their first visit and then allow them to choose which store version is more comfortable, or enable redirect for each visit and adjust your webstore to users’ geolocation automatically.
Ignores user agents
As you know your site is constantly crawled by search engine robots. You can specify which of them to ignore. It is important for proper website operations. Google, Yahoo, Bing and other popular search engines are ignored by default.
Restrict redirects by IP address
Sometimes you may need to redirect your visitors to another website, but still allow certain users to access your webstore as it is. For example, some of your staff works remotely. In this case it is necessary to give the admin users a permission to access your webshop from their IPs.
Full Page Cache support
The Magento 1 GeoIP Redirect extension is fully compatible with the Amasty Full Page Cache module. In other words, you can redirect store visitors to the already cached pages and decrease the average site loading time for better user experience.
Redirect to particular store view
The module automatically determines visitors' geolocation and sends them to the correct store view. You can create several store views with different info, languages and product range, which will be highly relevant to your potential customers' tastes.
Redirect only from the home page
Although the option to automatically show your visitors the correct store view is a very suitable feature, sometimes a user may need to see specific pages of your site (product pages, for example) just as they are. Enable ‘Redirect From Home Page Only’ option to make your customers’ shopping experience more pleasant and convenient.
Switch currency based on the visitor's country
If you own a multistore it is essential to understand that users want to see prices in familiar currency. Enable specific currency mapping for each country you work with to improve shopping experience. The module will automatically choose right currency based on visitors' countries.
Redirect to the specific URL
Customers can be redirected to specific Magento store views according to their geolocation. The feature is useful if you have different domains for your international stores or if you don't provide delivery services for a specific country you can redirect users from this country to contacts page to find out where to shop offline.
Redirect between websites or only within stores of the same website
This feature is extremely handy if, for example, you have several websites with really different selection of products. E.g. if you are selling building materials and clothing on two separate websites, you can disable redirection between them. Moreover, you can disable the module for a particular store view, so when a customer comes to this store, no further redirection rules will be applied.
To expand your presence further, you can also let customers find the nearest offline store to purchase your products. Use Store Locator extension for this.
Our GeoIP Redirect module doesn't allow for creating blacklist IPs. However, you can create a special page with the content you need and redirect customers from specified countries to this page or to another website.
Yes, sure. This may be extremely helpful if you as an admin user need to see your store without any location-based redirects. Read on to set the GeoIP exceptions correctly.
Yes, there is such an option. Redirecting visitors between store views only is extremely handy if you have websites selling different types of products and don’t want to mix them up. Please disable “Redirect between Websites” option.
GeoIP redirect settings can be configured or switched off on a store view level. So you can disable this option for a certain store view or store views if needed.
Yes, clients will be able to switch between available languages and currencies if you choose to redirect them automatically only during their first visit. Go on reading to see the settings.
Yes, that’s possible. If you need to disable the language switcher option to pass between store views for some reasons, you need to navigate to System > Configuration > Restriction and set 'First visit redirect' only to 'No'.
Yes, the module is compatible with CloudFlare. Please contact your system administrator if there are any problems with the IP detection.
This module uses Maxmind Database - GeoIP2.
To configure a country to store view redirect you need to make relevant changes in GeoIP Redirect General settings. Read on to follow a step-by-step guide.
You can run a VPN service or any other anonymizer to change your authentic IP and test redirects for different countries.Read the FULL answer
Is it possible to block and redirect IPs from certain nations with this extension?
Can I exclude certain IP addresses, so that they would not be redirected?
Can I redirect visitors between store views but not websites?
Can I disable GeoIP redirection for a certain store view only?
Can customers switch to any other available language and currency manually?
Can I disable an option to switch languages and locations manually?
Does this GeoIP switcher work with CloudFlare?
What geoip databases are used?
How can I configure Country to Store View Redirect?
How can I test redirects for different countries?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
The thing I like most about this extension is that you can select urls where to redirect users, it’s very handy as it gives me ultimate flexibility and saves time.
Though I’m not a technical person, the installation wasn’t very difficult. Setting up raised some questions but they were clearly and quickly answered by guys from Amasty support.
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
CE 1.4.x - 1.9.x, EE 1.8.x - 1.14.x
- Fix the issue with redirecting to another store view was resolved
- Fix the issue with incorrect country detecting by IP address was fixed
- Fix we have fixed the issue with redirecting to a specific page of another store view. Now a customer is redirected to the same page of another store view
- Improvement IPv6 support was added to Geo IP detection.
- Improvement the possibility to upload the latest Geo IP Database was added
- Fix the issue with wrong geolocation detection was resolved
- Fix the issue with the error while using 'Country to URL' and 'Country to currency' redirections was resolved
- Fix security issues were resolved
- Improvement Security improvements were implemented
- Improvement the geolocation request was enhanced significantly to reduce its execution time
- Improvement the cookie creation process was improved
- Improvement for EU's GDPR compliance the restriction for the last IP address's digit was implemented
- Fixed an issue with redirecting users from internal pages to homepage when switching currency
- Fixed an issue with redirecting when a website uses different domains.
- Fixed an issue with converting "ip" to "longip".
- Improved IP address check.
- Fixed issue with 'Undefined index: country_url' if country field is empty
- Performance improvements contributed by the Servebolt team.
- Minor improvement for the "Apply Logic To" option.
- "All URLs" option is deactivated.
- "All Except Specified URLs" option is active by default.
- We added URLs excepted by default .
- "Restriction by Ip" is renamed to "IP to Ignore" for better understanding.
- Fpc compatibility fixed
- Minor improvements
- A number of minor improvements in redirecting mechanism
- Compatibility with the Full Page Cache
- Minor code refactoring
- New setting if to redirect between websites or within stores of the same website
- New setting added to enable redirect for only first or for each visit
- Notes for settings added to better describe the behaviour
- Possibility to allow redirects only from home page
- Compatibility with Enterprise FPC
- Setting to restrict redirects by IP address
- Fix for store redirect when currency is specified per store and stores have different URLs
- User agent (browser) detection improved