Advanced Permissions for Magento 1
Assign permissions to users for editing products and categories, Magento store-views and websites. No mess when having a lot of users in your store – vendors, category managers, etc – let them see and edit certain categories and products.
- Restrict access by store-view and website
- Separate products management
- Separate categories management
- Duplicate roles quickly
- Automatic compatibility with other extensions
It is so easy to get confused when you have a large Magento store with dozens of managers, representatives, and a huge product catalog. If you are constantly facing the problem of controlling and monitoring your employees, Amasty team can offer a great solution for you! Keep everything under control - create and edit numerous sub-admins, endue them with necessary accesses. For example, grant sub-admins access to the deep e-commerce analytics provided by the Magento reporting tool.
Advanced Permissions features
With Our Advanced Permissions extension you can control access and actions to any area of your Magento store. Super-admin can restrict the access to particular backend tabs for any sub-administrators. The module enables you to limit the access to:
- Specific products;
- Store views;
- Dashboard statistics;
- CMS elements;
- Websites ;
- Affected entities;
Limit access by store view/website
As a super-admin you can allow or restrict the actions of sub-admin users by store-view and/or website. You can enable/disable the following actions:
- Edit products and categories
- Manage orders and configuration
- Manage customers for selected store-view or website
Control category management
Put specific sub-admins in charge of particular categories. You can let admins view all the Magento shop categories, but they will be able to edit only the certain ones.
Save your time and duplicate roles, using ‘Duplicate’ button on the Role Edit page. The user role will be duplicated with all existing Magento 1 role resources. It is much easier to duplicate roles, nor creating new ones from the beginning.
Limit access to CMS elements
Limited access lets your Managers restrict the access to particular CMS elements for different admin roles.
Automatic compatibility with other extensions
Our Magento 1 user management module is fully compatible with the majority of third-party extensions. Store-view/website limitations will be automatically applied to the instances, provided by other extensions.
You can limit order data for sub-admins . Decide whether they have access to sales data settings. Choose from the following :
- Invoices and transactions
- Credit memos
Restrict access to Reports tab
Limit the access to reports depending on sub-admins roles.The option will help you to keep your store data safe and properly updated.This option let your Managers work with the relevant Reports (e.g. customers or sales). For example, the marketing manager will see product report with bestsellers.
Product management improvement
Advanced Permissions module enables Super-admin to choose which products can be edited depending on the store view/website.
- Choose necessary products and assign them to the corresponding admin users
- View or edit products created by the user
- Preclude products from being deleted
- Allow sub-admins to view/edit product owner
Dashboard statistics access
Give your managers a limited access to the Dashboard statistics with the Magento catalog permissions tool. This option helps sub-admins to be aware of important store data.
Our Advanced Permissions extension supports an unlimited number of admin users.
Yes, you can make user's access denied, as well as create users with advanced roles/permissions. Define website/store view a sub-admin will have access to at the 'Advanced Permissions: Scope' with the following guide.
Yes, sure. Our Advanced Permissions extension is highly customizable so that you can control an access to any area of your Magento as well as the types of the actions that can be performed by each admin role. Read on to make all the settings correctly.
Yes, you can do that. Just choose what particular sales data you want to open for viewing (order, sales reports and/or sales section) in System > Permissions > Roles > Role Resources. Category and product access can be configured on the Advanced: Categories and Advanced: Products tabs respectively.
This is easily achievable with our extension. In System > Permissions > Roles > Advanced: Products you can either choose items from the grid or just set “Allow Access To” to “Own Created Products”. This is really handy if you have, for example, multiple suppliers and want them to access only to those items which have been created by them.
Yes, you can enable the view only permission for your Magento admin at the 'Role Resources' tab. Continue reading to make it on the first try.
Is the number of admin users created with this module limited?
Can the extension restrict users to manage the catalog by store view/website?
Can I let an admin user see only the orders created in a particular store view?
Can I give users an access to sales data for specific products/categories?
How can I let an admin manage only the products created by himself?
Can I set view only permissions for the product catalog?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Avec cette extension, nous avons réussi à donner aux gestionnaires les autorisations dont ils avaient besoin pour leur travail. En conséquence, le nombre d'erreurs a remarquablement diminué.
The thing I like most is duplicating roles, it’s so easy, I just don’t need to think how to create each role again, I did it once and then only need to copy the rule and assign it to a new admin, very handy. I would be even more happy if actions log came as a feature of that extension but not as a separate module (yep, to save money). But in general, I’ m happy with the features.
With this extension we managed to give managers only the permissions they needed for their work. As a result, the number of mistakes has remarkably decreased.
We found a few bugs while using that extensions, now all of them are fixed thanks to Amasty support.
First to say - it is written as module should be written! Clean code and readable for semi-developer.
I already made some adjustment - and it is sooo easy to do it.
For example I use Sales rep module per country. Without this module that simple will not be possible. So each sales rep account now has it own ID in admin where you can then use that ID in special rule permission this module added called Product Owner :) With that and with some other adjustment (change the product attribute to Website scope, change the line in restrictProductCollection function in Model/Rule.php to $collection->addFieldToFilter('amrolepermissions_owner', array('in' => array(2, $userId)));
Now i have this:
each sale rep can SELL all the products they OWN or all products I have added to my GENERAL admin sales rep account. That way each Sales rep can only modify theirs own products, still view and sell other and all products which I do not want that they can see simply left blank in product owner attribute (like configurable products child or special promotion products etc)
I AM REALLY AMAZED WITH IT. And just started to reveal the possibilities....
eep up the good work and plan to expand this great module...
CE 1.4.x - 1.9.x, EE 1.8.x - 1.14.x
- Fix the possible error 'Call to a member function getId () on null in ...' was fixed
- Improvement the possibility to select all store views on the Specified Store Views level has been excluded to deal with the 'too many redirects' issue
- Compatibility the compatibility with the 3rd party extensions was enhanced
- Fix the issue with showing not all the selected products to a user with restricted permissions was resolved
- Fix the issue on the 'Locked Users' page was resolved (Magento EE v.184.108.40.206)
- Fix the issue with adding all products to a created category by a limited by store view admin was resolved
- Fix the issue with the enabled/disabled status of a product after saving by a restricted user was resolved
- Fix the issue with the product restriction while creating an order from the admin panel was resolved
- Fix the issue with the orders by products filters was resolved
- Fix the issue with the database table prefix and aliases was resolved
- Fix the problem with the role saving and the correct tab display was fixed
- Fixed an issue with restricting permissions for subcategories
- Fixed an issue with checking the deleted products
- New added the ability to limit users' access to the new users and roles creating. Now, the store admin with the limited role can add a user with the same role but won't be able to create a new user with the SuperAdministrator role.
- Minor code improvements
- Fixed an issue with the order restriction.
- Fixed an issue with the sorting by store feature in the order grid.
- Fixed a situation when option values from restricted stores were deleted after attribute save.
- Restrict attribute options deleting if current admin has restricted store scopes.
- Fixed restriction by stores for reports.
- Fixed store restrictions for Store Credit on customers grid for action Update Credit.
- Added restrictions by websites to up/cross sell products
- Improvements for restricting orders by category or product
- Restricted scopes removed from the store switcher on reports page
- Compatibility with 3-rd party SEO extension
- Fix for attribute values being hidden in some cases
- Minor performance improvements
- Few minor improvements
- Store view multiple select elements now do not display stores and websites that do not have any store views assigned
- Compatibility with older Magento versions
- Minor compatibility improvements
- Fix for parent checkbox being removed each time a child one is clicked
- A number of minor fixes
- Minor improvements
- Admin routing patch (SUPEE-6788) compatibility
- Compatibility with Magento 1.9.2
- Improved usability for assigning permissions on categories
- Minor workflow improvements
- Possibility to restrict creation of categories
- Admin users can always access products created by themselves
- Minor compatibility improvements
- Correct behavior of product owner attribute after extension disabled
- Setting to restrict save and delete button for customers and products
- Better compatibility with Magento 1.4 - 1.5
- Possibility to restrict access to invoices/shipments/credit memos and transactions
- In the dropdowns only available stores are shown
- If an admin user creates a new sub category, it receives the same view permissions as the parent category.
- Better support for sales orders permissions (with setting if to limit access to orders)
- Minor bugfixing