SMTP Email Settings for Magento 1
Reliable delivery of emails is crucial for business. Proper Magento 1 SMTP extension settings greatly increase the chance for your order confirmations, marketing emails and other correspondence to get actually delivered to customers.
- Use reliable email providers to decrease email rejection
- Set SMTP authentication and connection security params
- See log of all emails, with detailed view of messages
- Debug mode for easy detection of wrong settings
- Option to automatically clear logs after a certain period
- Prevent your emails from being labeled as spam
Deliver your emails to customers with a greater success
By default Magento uses PHP 'sendmail' for sending emails. Often emails are dispatched via the mail server of the server where Magento is installed. It can have a serious impact on how your messages will be trated by recipients’ mail servers. In other words, it's quite likely that your emails will either end up in spam folders or will get rejected altogether.
The SMTP emails extension enables you to use any third-party SMTP server for your Magento store and configure all the necessary Magento email settings to resolve this problem. You can use reliable SMTP servers like Gmail or Yahoo to give your emails the highest chance of getting through to your customers.
Reliable SMTP server greatly improves the chance of email delivery
Use proven SMTP servers for Magento
As mentioned above, with Magento SMTP email sending settings, you can use any third-party SMTP server you prefer. Thanks to pre-defined data autofill option you just need to select a certain SMTP provider, and other fields such as 'Server Address', "Port" will be filled in automatically.
Setup SPF record for your domain
Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email validation system designed to prevent email spam by detecting email spoofing by verifying sender IP addresses. We provide instructions on how to setup SPF record in the extension user guide.
Ability to check SMTP connection
You can configure and check if the Magento email SMTP connection you’ve setup works correctly. If there’s any error, you will see it in the debug log.
PRO Magento SMTP features
- Replace the sender's email when setting up your own server
- Reduce possibility of getting into spam
- Plain Text MIME part added: automatically generated based on HTML version . Please follow the link for more details on MIME
- Quote-printable line length for e-mail messages reduced to 75 characters
Easily ensure stable operation of your SMTP emails
Log of emails with detailed view
Magento 1 SMTP Email Settings extension lets you log all the emails sent from your store. You can view the list of all emails sent and also open any of them to see what exactly was sent to a customer. The log is shown in admin panel, no need to go to the file system. If needed, you can have the log automatically cleared, e.g. remove the messages sent 90 or more days ago.
Debug mode for easy detection of wrong Magento email settings
You can have the module emulate sending of emails without actually sending them. You will also see the log to make sure the Magento SMTP configuration and settings work correctly. Like the above one, this log can also be cleared automatically.
Yes, sure. Our module is fully compatible with multistore configuration.
Our Magento SMTP extension supports authentication with standard cryptographic protocols: SSL and TLS. TLS is constantly improving. Please click here for more information.
Our SMTP module can be configured to send emails via Yahoo, Gmail or any other third-party SMTP server. Note that reputable SMTP providers may increase your chances of reaching your customers. Click here to see why. Due to a pre-defined data autofill option you will just need to choose a certain SMTP provider, and other fields ('Server Address', "Port", "Connection Security", etc.) will be filled in automatically.
With this extension you can see detailed email logs of all the letters sent right in your Magento admin panel.
Here are the most frequently reported causes: 1) Order confirmation emails, invoices, etc are not being sent out. 2) Logs are not recorded. If you have one of the above-mentioned symptoms, please click READ the Full answer link below.
If you're connecting from behind the firewall, make sure the firewall rules allow you to connect the specified mail server.
Having troubles with sending emails? Try disabling the extension in main module configuration page and check if you're getting the same result with Magento default PHP sendmail. Please proceed to READ the Full answer link to get further instructions.
Does this SMTP extension allow multistore setup?
What types of authentication/encryption are supported?
What email servers are supported by this SMTP extension?
Is there a way to log and view the emails sent to guest customers?
Test email is being sent fine while order confirmation email is not. How can I troubleshoot?
I'm getting connection refused or connection timed out error in debug log. What should I check?
What should I do if emails are not being sent out via Amasty SMTP extension?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Really nice that it keeps a log of all emails that has been sent.
Also the developer support wonderful, they did some custom development for us usage.
Customer care team did their best to fine tune the mod the way I needed. After all, email sending is not the issue anymore. Well done, guys. I do appreciate when the tool meets my expectations.
Now the plugin works like a charm, no conflicts, no errors and the configuration that confused me at first appeared to be intuitive and clear. I’d recommend this tool to any store dealing with mass email sending.
Holidays are coming, so we are about to launch numerous email campaigns and I hope this plugin will do its best for us.
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
CE 1.4.x - 1.9.x, EE 1.8.x - 1.14.x
- Improvement message informing users to double-check that module is enabled was added.
- Fix the issue with changing of an email sender, while placing an order from the admin panel was resolved
- New the ability to replace email sender was added
- Improvements for sending queued e-mails
- Improvement for a case when different stores have different email settings
- Performance improved when sending a large number of email messages using cron job
- Compatibility improvements
- Improvements for plain text e-mail messages
- Minor improvements
- Better compatibility with latest versions of Magento
- Compatibility with mail queue on Magento 184.108.40.206
- Compatibility with Magento versions lower that 1.7
- Minor JS error fix
- Plain Text MIME part added: automatically generated based on HTML version - to reduce possibility getting into spam
- Quote-printable line length for e-mail messages reduced to 75 characters (recommended to reduce possibility getting into spam)
- Auto fill pre-defined data for specific SMTP providers