SMTP Email Settings for Magento 2
- Use ready-made provider settings to decrease email rejection
- Comply with Google standarts with the OAuth 2.0 method for Google Accounts
- Set your own configuration
- View the content of sent emails
- Test your emails using debug mode
- Log all sent emails
- Automatically clean logs
DELIVER YOUR E-MAILS SUCCESSFULY
The default Magento settings use the installation server to send emails. But the reputation of such emails is low, and in most cases, they are marked as untrustworthy. As a result, your emails end up in a spam folder, and you waste a lot of time trying to get out.
Magento 2 SMTP Email extension is a tool that includes the configuration of reliable SMTP servers. The main goal of the module is to help you deliver emails successfully, e.g. connect your store to Gmail to implement the most popular email sending hosting and decrease the rejection level.
NEW: Use OAuth 2.0 Protocol to Comply with Google Standards
Since 2020, Google forbids less secure apps. It means that if your connection is not secure enough, Google won't let you get the access. As a result, email sending becomes much more complicated.
Amasty has a solution! Now SMTP extension supports OAuth 2.0 protocol recommended by Google. Set up a secure Google connection and make sure your emails will reach addressees.
What benefits do you get for your store
Avoid impact on reputation - use trusted email providers with a secured connection
Grow customer base - deliver emails without being marked as a spam
Gain revenue - make your email marketing perform better
How to perform Gmail SMTP setting in Magento 2?
- Install and enable the SMTP Email Settings plugin;
- Go to Stores → Configuration → SMTP Email Settings →SMTP Configuration;
- In the SMTP Provider field, choose Gmail;
- Enter Server Address, Port, and choose Authentication Method;
- In the Connection Security field, select the needed security protocol;
- Enter where toSend Test E-mail and save the changes.
Control the sending of all emails
Deliver all emails of any types successfully. Magento 2 Email Settings handles all the emails that are sent out from your store (welcome, emails, newsletter, order confirmations, invoices, etc).
12 preset SMTP providers
Set your own Magento 2 custom SMTP server configuration or use one of the following preset providers:
Don't know what to choose? See here.
How to replace an email sender?
Email sender replacing is used to avoid overflowing. Customers will not see the email you usually use as the email sender will be changed. This feature is available in case you have your own SMTP server.
To replace an email sender you need to perform 3 simple operations:
- Step 1:Find the SMTP Provider setting and select Other option in the dropdown.
- Step 2:Go to the Use another Email Sender setting and switch the value to Yes.
- Step 3:Fill in the Sender Email and the Sender Name options with the necessary data. Here you can provide a real email or set a non-existing one.
Debug mode and log of all errors
Debug mode emulates the work of Magento 2 email SMTP server without sending out any emails. If any errors occur you will see them in the log and make fixes without reconsidering all the settings. Clear the log manually or automatically after a certain period of time.
Specify settings for multiple websites and store views
If you manage multiple Magento stores from one backend, it’ll be quite useful for you to specify Magento 2 mail sending settings as a server address, a provider and others for each store separately.
If you you need, see how to set multiple stores up here.
Log all emails with Magento 2 SMTP extension
To avoid manual log clearing, you may enable an automatic clearing option. To apply it, just set a particular number of days after with log records will be removed. If you don’t want to use the option, just set the number of days to zero.
NEW | Efficiently manage cron tasks
Manage all existing cron tasks on a Cron Tasks List grid from admin panel. Run cron tasks and generate their schedule by clicking the ‘Run Cron’ button. Delete tasks in bulk, use filtering and sorting options when it is needed.
Advanced options for successful email delivery
For increasing the chance of email delivery, the extension allows you to apply even more enhanced technologies, and SPF Record is one of them. SPF (or Sender Policy Framework) is a special email data validation framework that detects the emails with the fake sender addresses and identifies them as spam. The challenge is to avoid these rejections, and the Magento 2 SMTP module setup can help.
Even though SPF configuration is optional, keep in mind that if you replace an email sender and do not properly configure the SPF record, your emails are likely to end up in a spam folder. To reduce the possibility for your emails of being marked as “suspicious”, you may do the following (based on what you prefer to use for email sending):
1. Configure SPF record for your own SMTP server
You may set the configuration for your own email server using your domain. The extension supports both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. All you need to do is to specify the necessary domain and addresses in the SPF record. Moreover, you can forbid the receiving of emails that are not specified in your record. Check the details of the configuration here.
2. Adjust SPF record for Google Apps
It is also possible to set the same record for Google Apps services, but it will have particular differences. In case you use this service to send emails, you’ll need to activate the specific SPF configuration for Google Apps. If you use the service only to receive emails while sending is processed by your own server, the settings will have some peculiar properties as well. And, of course, you can configure the record even though you use Google Apps for both receiving and sending your emails. Click here to find out how exactly the Magento 2 SMTP configuration has to look like.
According to the statistics, the extension can cover each business need in synergy with the following solution: magento 2 refund.
How to configure SMTP in Magento 2?
- Install and enable Amasty SMTP Email Settings.
- Navigate to Stores > Configuration > SMTP Email Settings and open the SMTP Configuration section.
- In the SMTP Provider, choose one of the pre-defined providers and click Autofill.
- Enter your Login, Password, and email for testing purposes.
- Then click, Save and Check Connection.
- Save the configurations.
How to configure email settings in Magento 2?
- Log in to the admin panel and go to Stores > Settings > Configuration.
- In the Customers tab, choose the Newsletter option.
- Open the Subscription Options section.
- Choose the email template and sender for default emails.
- Enable the double opt-in and allow guest subscription if needed.
- Save the changes.
How to make Magento 2 SMTP setup?
- Install the extension.
- Navigate to Stores > Configuration > General Settings.
- Choose Yes in the Enable SMTP For E-mail dropdown.
- If No is set, then this setting will turn off all features of the module.
- Set Yes in the next section to Log Outgoing Mail sent from Magento.
- After that choose whether to Enable Debug Mode and Disable E-mail Delivery.
If you're connecting from behind the firewall, make sure the firewall rules allow you to connect the specified mail server.
The extension can't use mail server to send anything due to mismatching login credentials. If you are sure provided credentials are 100% correct please proceed with READ the Full answer link.
Having troubles with sending emails? Try disabling the extension in main module configuration page and check if you're getting the same result with Magento default PHP sendmail. Please proceed to READ the Full answer link to get further instructions.Read the FULL answer
I'm getting connection refused or connection timed out error in debug log. What should I check?
I'm getting AUTHORIZATION FAILED 534 5.7.14 error in the debug log but my credentials is 100% correct. What should I do?
What should I do if emails are not being sent out via Amasty SMTP extension?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
2.3.6, 2.3.6-p1, 2.4.0-p1, 2.4.1, 2.4.1-p1, 2.4.2
- New we added new authentication methods OAuth 2.0 for Google Accounts to comply with Google standards for secure apps
- Fix we fixed the issue with getting sender data for test emails
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento 2.4 was added
- Fix we fixed the issue with sending a test email
- Fix we fixed getting of configuration data by store ID
- Fix we fixed getting of current store during cron job
- Fix we solved the problem with emails sending in Magento 2.2.х
- Fix we solved the problem with incorrect email headers with utf-8 chars
- Improvement we reviewed and enhanced the code
- Fix we solved the problem with order placing from admin
- Fix we solved the problem with sending email using Amazon SES SMTP
- Fix we solved the problem with incorrect email text in email logs
- Fix we solved the problem with sending of emails that contained umlaut and other utf-8 symbols in the body.
- Fix we solved the problem with emails sending in Magento 2.3.3
- Fix we fixed a search problem on the Sent Emails Log page.
- Improvement we reviewed and enhanced the code
- Improvement we added the possibility to use symbols like "ö", "ä", etc for the sender name
- Fix we fixed the issue with the ' Save and Check Connection' action
- Fix we fixed the issue with sending emails from the default config sender
- Fix the issue with the website scope on the 'Save and Check Connection' action was resolved
- Fix the issue when using the default sender email and configuration instead of the ones from the Store VIew configuration was resolved
- New the ability to manage all existing cron tasks on a Cron Tasks List grid in backend was added. Run cron tasks and generate their schedule by clicking the ‘Run Cron’ button. Also, delete tasks in bulk, use filtering and sorting options when it is needed
- Fix smtp setting issues related to scopes were fixed.
- Fix Magento 2.3 compatibility issue was resolved.
- Improvement now, you can see the full list of recipients in the history of sent emails
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento 2.2.5 was improved
- Fix the issue with sending emails from the admin panel was resolved
- New the ability to replace email sender was added
- Improvement the code was enhanced
- Magento 2.2 compatibility improved
- Magento 2.2 compatibility introduced
- Compatibility improvements
- Use specific store settings when creating order or sending order e-mail from the backend