SMTP Email Settings for Magento 2
Increase the chances for your emails to be actually delivered to customers. Specify Magento 2 SMTP settings with the extension to send reliable emails from popular hosting services and reduce the possibility to get into spam.
- Prevent your emails from being labeled as spam
- Use reliable email providers to decrease email rejection
- View the content of sent emails
- Test your emails using debug mode
- Log all sent emails
DELIVER YOUR E-MAILS SUCCESSFULY
Email communication is the most common way to attract new customers and reach more leads. But, by default, your emails are dispatched via the mail server running on the Magento installation server. In other words, it's quite likely that your emails will either end up in spam folders or will get rejected altogether.
Use reliable SMTP servers to improve the chance of a successful email delivery via SMTP Email Settings extension. Сonnect your store to Magento 2 Gmail SMTP to implement the most popular email sending hosting and definitely reach your customers. Minimize the chance to get into spam and decrease the rejection level.
What benefits do you get for your store
Enlarge your customer base by decreasing email rejection
Improve your email reputation due to reliable email servers
Achieve your marketing goals by a successful email delivery
How to configure Magento 2 SMTP settings?
- Configure Magento 2 mail settings with autofill option.
- Define authentication and connection parameters.
- Specify the address to send test emails.
- Replace the sender email, when configuring your own Magento 2 SMTP server.
Control the sending of all emails
Deliver all emails of any types successfully. Magento 2 Email Settings handles all the emails that are sent out from your store (welcome, emails, newsletter, order confirmations, invoices, etc).
12 preset SMTP providers
Set your own Magento 2 custom SMTP server configuration or use one of the following preset providers:
Don't know what to choose? See here.
How to replace an email sender?
Email sender replacing is used to avoid overflowing. Customers will not see the email you usually use as the email sender will be changed. This feature is available in case you have your own SMTP server.
To replace an email sender you need to perform 3 simple operations:
- Step 1:Find the SMTP Provider setting and select Other option in the dropdown.
- Step 2:Go to the Use another Email Sender setting and switch the value to Yes.
- Step 3:Fill in the Sender Email and the Sender Name options with the necessary data. Here you can provide a real email or set a non-existing one.
Debug mode and log of all errors
Debug mode emulates the work of Magento 2 email SMTP server without sending out any emails. If any errors occur you will see them in the log and make fixes without reconsidering all the settings. Clear the log manually or automatically after a certain period of time.
Specify settings for multiple websites and store views
If you manage multiple Magento stores from one backend, it’ll be quite useful for you to specify Magento 2 mail sending settings as a server address, a provider and others for each store separately.
If you you need, see how to set multiple stores up here.
Log all emails with Magento 2 SMTP extension
To avoid manual log clearing, you may enable an automatic clearing option. To apply it, just set a particular number of days after with log records will be removed. If you don’t want to use the option, just set the number of days to zero.
Authorization via the industry-standard OAuth 2.0 protocol.
NEW | Efficiently manage cron tasks
Manage all existing cron tasks on a Cron Tasks List grid from admin panel. Run cron tasks and generate their schedule by clicking the ‘Run Cron’ button. Delete tasks in bulk, use filtering and sorting options when it is needed.
Advanced options for successful email delivery
For increasing the chance of email delivery, the extension allows you to apply even more enhanced technologies, and SPF Record is one of them. SPF (or Sender Policy Framework) is a special email data validation framework that detects the emails with the fake sender addresses and identifies them as spam. The challenge is to avoid these rejections, and the Magento 2 SMTP module setup can help.
Even though SPF configuration is optional, keep in mind that if you replace an email sender and do not properly configure the SPF record, your emails are likely to end up in a spam folder. To reduce the possibility for your emails of being marked as “suspicious”, you may do the following (based on what you prefer to use for email sending):
1. Configure SPF record for your own SMTP server
You may set the configuration for your own email server using your domain. The extension supports both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. All you need to do is to specify the necessary domain and addresses in the SPF record. Moreover, you can forbid the receiving of emails that are not specified in your record. Check the details of the configuration here.
2. Adjust SPF record for Google Apps
It is also possible to set the same record for Google Apps services, but it will have particular differences. In case you use this service to send emails, you’ll need to activate the specific SPF configuration for Google Apps. If you use the service only to receive emails while sending is processed by your own server, the settings will have some peculiar properties as well. And, of course, you can configure the record even though you use Google Apps for both receiving and sending your emails. Click here to find out how exactly the configuration has to look like.
If you're connecting from behind the firewall, make sure the firewall rules allow you to connect the specified mail server.
The extension can't use mail server to send anything due to mismatching login credentials. If you are sure provided credentials are 100% correct please proceed with READ the Full answer link.
Having troubles with sending emails? Try disabling the extension in main module configuration page and check if you're getting the same result with Magento default PHP sendmail. Please proceed to READ the Full answer link to get further instructions.
I'm getting connection refused or connection timed out error in debug log. What should I check?
I'm getting AUTHORIZATION FAILED 534 5.7.14 error in the debug log but my credentials is 100% correct. What should I do?
What should I do if emails are not being sent out via Amasty SMTP extension?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
Magento 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 (including 2.3.4)
- Fix we solved the problem with emails sending in Magento 2.2.х
- Fix we solved the problem with incorrect email headers with utf-8 chars
- Improvement we reviewed and enhanced the code
- Fix we solved the problem with order placing from admin
- Fix we solved the problem with sending email using Amazon SES SMTP
- Fix we solved the problem with incorrect email text in email logs
- Fix we solved the problem with sending of emails that contained umlaut and other utf-8 symbols in the body.
- Fix we solved the problem with emails sending in Magento 2.3.3
- Fix we fixed a search problem on the Sent Emails Log page.
- Improvement we reviewed and enhanced the code
- Improvement we added the possibility to use symbols like "ö", "ä", etc for the sender name
- Fix we fixed the issue with the ' Save and Check Connection' action
- Fix we fixed the issue with sending emails from the default config sender
- Fix the issue with the website scope on the 'Save and Check Connection' action was resolved
- Fix the issue when using the default sender email and configuration instead of the ones from the Store VIew configuration was resolved
- New the ability to manage all existing cron tasks on a Cron Tasks List grid in backend was added. Run cron tasks and generate their schedule by clicking the ‘Run Cron’ button. Also, delete tasks in bulk, use filtering and sorting options when it is needed
- Fix smtp setting issues related to scopes were fixed.
- Fix Magento 2.3 compatibility issue was resolved.
- Improvement now, you can see the full list of recipients in the history of sent emails
- Compatibility the compatibility with Magento 2.2.5 was improved
- Fix the issue with sending emails from the admin panel was resolved
- New the ability to replace email sender was added
- Improvement the code was enhanced
- Magento 2.2 compatibility improved
- Magento 2.2 compatibility introduced
- Compatibility improvements
- Use specific store settings when creating order or sending order e-mail from the backend