What is Magento 2 MSI extension?
MSI is a brand new Inventory Management mechanism which works with Multi-Sourcing. By the end of 2018, Magento is going to implement MSI. Amasty is developing a plugin that extends the functionality of the update, making it more flexible for the merchants that have various physical and virtual stocks, with complex logistics.
How does Magento 2 Multi Source Inventory work?
On the one hand, you have various physical sources (warehouses), on the other - there are websites, marketplaces, and other sales channels, where you are selling your products. Advanced MSI extension will allow you to manage all this within one Magento, picking warehouses based on the nearest location, stock availability, priority. Moreover, there is a cutting-edge algorithm: combining all the picking options, it suggests the optimal variant. Plus you can link your websites to particular stocks.
Minimal Delivery Cost
To derive the minimal delivery cost for each particular order, the extension combines three picking algorithms, which can be employed individually as well. Also, you can prioritize these 3 algorithms and determine which one should apply at first and which ones later:
- the algorithm suggesting you a warehouse, basing on the location - it picks the nearest;
- the algorithm suggesting you a warehouse, basing on the availability of stock per one source;
- the default Magento priority algorithm.
Combined Source Selection Algorithm:
- Nearest Source
- Stock Availablility in One Source
- Priority (Default)
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
* The name "Magento" and the logo are the trademarks of Magento, Inc.
Version 1.1.0 - February 12, 2019
– New: introducing the new feature for selecting warehouses on the order creation step. Now shipping cost can be calculated depending on the warehouse address