California Consumer Privacy Act for Magento 2
- Adjust privacy settings for California residents
- Let visitors know what data is being collected
- Allow users to reject the sale of their personal data
- Provide buyers with the ability to download their data
- Allow customers to delete their info in one click
California state, U.S. has passed a digital security law that requires businesses to make disclosures about their collection, use, and distribution of consumer personal data. It is aimed to strengthen the protection of online users’ privacy and expected to have a far-reaching effect on customer data management on the whole. Magento 2 CCPA extension presents a complete solution to make your web store compliant with this law. Build customers’ trust providing them with full transparency of their personal data usage.
The extension is fully compatible with the GDPR. Get both to achieve maximum protection.
Cover all CCPA demands with ONE extension
Avoid penalties for violation of CCPA being fully compliant with the legislation
Collect and process customers information in a transparent and efficient way
Strengthen customers’ loyalty and trust carefully protecting their personal data
MAKE YOUR STORE COMPLIANT WITH CCPA REQUIREMENTS
Adjust privacy act settings for California residents
Magento 2 Privacy extension will help you to comply with CCPA by configuring certain privacy features for California residents only, while other U.S. citizens won't see the additional messages, checkboxes or documents.
Let buyers know what data is being collected
With Magento CCPA extension, you’ll provide customers with full access to their personal information, collected by your website. They can clearly see what kind of data you gather and whether their info is sold or disclosed to third parties.
Erase private data after a certain period
Automate the way your Magento 2 handles personal data of customers. With the module, you can easily set up a data erasure routine, so that all necessary information for tax inspection will be stored only as long as you need. For example, a store owner can set the extension to delete the data after 180 days, but for orders in 'On Hold' and 'Suspected Fraud' status data will be saved. With the CCPA extension, 45 or 90 day periods can be set as well.
Allow customers to download their data
Users will have the ability to download their personal information for the last 12 months from your website. It is a password-protected process that only a customer will have access to. You can keep track of all download requests from
Let users reject their personal data sale
With the module, your store visitors can easily decline the sale of their personal information to third parties. All they need to do is to click the button ‘Don't sell my personal information’ in the customer's account Privacy settings. After that, the user will be asked to confirm their identity for enhanced security. In the admin panel this info is displayed in a Customers grid, where admins can easily track and filter customers by given consents.
Enable buyers to delete private data
The Magento CCPA plugin allows registered customers to create a request to delete an account. Then, a store admin should examine the request. You can adjust the module configurations and set up to receive email notifications each time a customer requests to delete their account.
Ask for user consents with custom checkboxes
Owners have to comply with multiple laws. Knowing that law regulations can vary greatly across countries and even regions within one country, the extensions allow to add custom checkboxes. This way, you can display an adjusted wording that fits the best to your legal requirements. Add as many checkboxes as you need. Then, choose where to place them: on the registration form, checkout, newsletter subscription or ‘Contact Us’ form.
Prevent fines by monitoring user decisions
More options for CCPA extension for Magento 2
- NEW: Log and filter all customers' actions with their data
- Manage and edit California Policy versioning with WYSIWYG support
- Set up automatic email notifications for store admin on the deletion requests
- Automatically erase personal data for inactive account after a deadline, e.g. CCPA extension can remove it after 45 days
Choose the suitable
To comply with the requirements
Searching for Magento 1 CCPA? Check our complex GDPR solution for Magento 1 to cover all legislative needs at once.
Eliminate all possible internal and external security threatsEmploy Magento 2 Security Suite extension to ensure your webstore protection from hacker attacks and other malicious security threats. Get full visibility of all admin actions and provide your store with constant security check.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Do you have any questions?
Schedule a demo and get all the answers you're looking for!
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
Magento 2.2, 2.3, 2.4
- Fix we fixed the issue with PageBuilder elements settings
- Compatibility now the extension is compatible with Amasty Jet Theme
- Improvement minor code improvements were implemented to enhance the extension security
- Compatibility compatibility with Amasty GDPR extension was enhanced
- Fix we fixed the checkbox displaying in Newsletter Subscribe section on Magento 2.4
- Improvement now the actions with “Don't Sell My Personal Information” attribute will be logged and displayed at Action Log
- Fix we resolved the issue with the visibility of ‘Don't Sell My Personal Information’ attribute in Admin Area on Magento 2.3.2
- Improvement the registration of Californian customers for the option ‘Enable Privacy Settings Tab for Californians Only’ is now detected by their default billing address
- Improvement now there is a possibility to enable the Privacy Settings tab with the 'Don't sell my personal information' setting for Californian registered customers only. The customer address is used to detect the registration
- Fix we resolved the issue appeared in using the onestepcheckout_index_index layout
- Improvement we added filtering by the “Don't Sell My Personal Information” attribute values to the Customers grid