Shipping Suite for Magento 2
Shipping Suite — your perfect extension for shipping profitability. It combines 3 smart and useful shipping managing tools: shipping table rates, rules, and restrictions. Get the greatest benefits from their synergetic work and take your shipping process under full control.
- Create and customize an unlimited number of shipping methods and table rates
- Create rules and restrictions based on a variety of attributes and conditions
- Complex and flexible conditions support
- Work with any postcodes, including non-numeriс
- Volumetric or dimensional weight calculation
- Import/export your shipping table rates in a few clicks
What benefits do you get for your store
Take your shipping strategy under control
Make your shipping process flexible and cost-effective
Reduce cart abandonment on the shipping section step
“More than 86 percent of cart abandonment is related to high shipping pricing and inconvenience.”
“84% of online shoppers perceive shipping costs as too high, with 65% abandoning their carts due to expensive shipping, and even 40% abandoning their carts if no free shipping is offered.”
“93% of consumers say shipping options are an important factor in their online shopping experience”.
To effectively manage your shipping process and calculate the prices you need to build a highly flexible system of shipping methods and rates. However it’s hard to add custom ones having only out-of-the-box Magento 2 settings and features.
Magento 2 Shipping Suite provides you with Table Rates tool that allows to generate shipping methods with flat and percent rates based on delivery address, cart weight and products quantity. Apply any shipping method you create to a specific product or to a group of products.
Key settings that available for every Method you create:
Specify countries to which your shipping method is applied to
Activate free shipping for the particular shipping types
Add comment and custom image for the method
Specify the method name for all your Store Views
Set a min/max rate or sum up rates for mixed-type cart
Make your method available to specific stores and customer groups
Key settings that available for every Rate you create:
Assign rate to specific products and product groups
Set rates based on shipping parameters
Set different type of rates: percent, flat or rates combination
Specify and display the estimated delivery time in days
Create rates combinations to adjust them to any specific requirements
Use shipping types to set specific rates for different product groups
Custom shipping methods and rates: use cases
- Create a new method "In-store pick up" with 2 days of estimated delivery;
- Set Free shipping for your “Winter collection” or any specific group of products using shipping types;
- Charge $3 per order and 1% of a product price simultaneously;
- Assign higher rates to toxic or fragile products, extremely large items or items located in distant storehouses;
- Set a $5 flat rate (or percentage) for orders with total weight from 5 to 10 pounds and price between $15 and $75 when 5 or fewer items are added to cart;
- Offer free or cheap shipping when customer purchases 10 or more items from a specific warehouse.
Use this Configuration Service to aviod hours of manual configurations and endless surfing through the
- Install the extension by yourself or use our Installation Service
- Click on 'GET THE CONFIG' button below and fill in the short form
- We’ll contact you within 24 working hours and configure the extension quicker, safer, tailored to your needs
Learn more about Configuration Service here
Setting rules and conditions as well as offering specific shipping options is a key functionality that you need to demonstrate individual approach to the customers and to make your shipping solution profitable. However Magento 2 has very poor possibilities to create rules and there is no complex conditions support.
Once you have created a custom shipping method you can apply custom shipping rules to it or to any of default shipping methods using Shipping Rules tool. Rules can be based on product conditions (including complex ones) and shopping cart attributes. Apply additional delivery options surcharge, discount or replace shipping rates.
Sometimes it’s necessary to set the list of restrictions for your shipping methods to meet legal requirements or tune cost-efficiency. Default Magento 2 functionality allows you to restrict shipping methods only for the whole catalog, but it can affect your business.
With Shipping Restrictions tool you can apply restrictions to your custom shipping methods or to default ones. Restrict shipping methods using product, cart and customer attributes and conditions (including complex ones). Inform your customers about the restrictions and make shipping process both legal and cost-effective.
Create a Shipping Rule or Restriction based on:
Certain carrier or shipping methods
Attributes and conditions including postcode and shipping address line
Coupons or shopping cart rules
Customer groups or store views
Days and time
Key settings that available for the Rules
and Restrictions you create:
Modify rates per individual products or whole orders
Allow free shipping for specific products
Surcharge, discount or replace rates preset by carriers and methods
Apply mass actions for your rules and restrictions using a grid
Manage tax and discounts inclusion
Shipping rules and restrictions: use cases
- Increase UPS shipping cost from $10 to $15 or get it down to $2 to create a discount;
- Add $25 shipping surcharge for the whole order and $5 + 10% of the each individual product price;
- Set no shipping discount for the whole order, however 5% discount from each individual item price;
- Your carrier (DHL) proposes several shipping methods such as land, air, sea shipments, etc. You want to restrict only unnecessary shipping method (‘DHL ground’) of the carrier instead of blocking them all;
- Block a delivery method for a very heavy or very small orders;
- Restrict ground mail methods of a specific carrier for the perishable products as it usually takes about a week to deliver them;
- Exclude ground mail from delivery methods in case the order contains some premium brands;
- Remove next day delivery shipping method for the items that are temporarily out of stock;
- You have launched an advertising campaign with discount coupons. Offer or remove free shipping if the customer uses a coupon;
- Give an access to your free shipping method only to wholesale users;
- You’re working worldwide and have several online shops. You want to choose shipping methods for a particular store view or a website;
- You have set your shop to automatically give free shipping when someone's subtotal is over $149, but if a customer uses a coupon that drops the order value below $149, free shipping wouldn’t be applied due to the discounted subtotal;
- Restrict delivery method on weekends or on holidays;
- Hide a shipping method from particular region or customer group;
- Restrict the shipping of particular products to some countries;
- Restrict delivery to distant regions such as Hawaii and Alaska.
By default, complex shipping conditions in Magento 2 are unavailable, therefore you have limited possibilities to set shipping rules and restrictions.
With Magento 2 Shipping Suite extension you can create individual shipping rules and restrictions. Change shipping cost via substitution, surcharging or discounts based on product and order attributes, location, customer attributes.
The accuracy of geo conditions is critical for your package delivery, shipping optimization & cost calculation. But the level of this accuracy in Magento 2 is not that deep.
With Amasty Shipping Suite you have an access to smart geo settings such as address line condition attribute and support of postcode validation. Shipping Table Rates has two modes of processing postal codes: as strings or as numbers. Learn more from our blog.
The shipping cost can be affected not only by the actual weight, but also by the amount of space a package occupies. By default, shipping settings doesn’t take into account such features.
Magento 2 Shipping Suite supports Volumetric or Dimensional weight as a pricing method where an estimated weight is calculated from the length, width and height of a package. Thus, a carrier can optimize the usage of the cargo space.
Explore our advanced features to solve
the most sophisticated shipping issues
Complex and flexible conditions
Set rule or restriction separately or simultaneously combining different attributes (order, product, customer, geo) in one condition.
Smart targeting to specific locations
Use location attributes in a different scale to define your rule or restriction: country, state, shipping address line or ZIP-code. Create custom regions of several countries and make shipping rules or restrictions for the whole region.
Non-numeric postcodes support
Besides numeric postcodes we do partial match for non-numeric postcodes so you may work with zip codes containing 'XYZ'. This includes supporting postcodes of USA, UK, Netherlands and Australia. (order, product, customer, geo) in one condition.
Volumetric weight calculation
Calculate a shipping price in 4 ways: volumetric weight attribute, volume attribute, dimensions attribute, separate dimension attribute.
Advanced features: use cases
- Provide a shipping discount for orders to California with subtotal greater than $200 that include any ‘Sony’ product;
- Special shipping rate for orders from Alaska with subtotal less that $150 and total weight more than 44 lb, also for orders from Hawaii with subtotal less that $100 and total weight more than 44 lb;
- Apply the rule or restriction to the zip code that starts from ‘123’ or ends with ‘XYZ’.
- Exclude country's specific postal codes from your Express Delivery option;
- Make shipping method unavailable for the specific region, country, city, address or ZIP-code range;
- Use “shipping address line” attribute with value “P.O.” to restrict delivery to post office boxes;
- You have the already calculated volumetric weight value and want to make your shipping costs depend on it;
- Set shipping rates depending on item's volume and shipping factor;
- Set shipping rates depending on item's dimensions and shipping factor;
- Set shipping rates depending on the attributes for each particular dimensions parameter (height*length*width) and shipping factor.
- Enable customers to ship an order to multiple addresses due to the module compatibility with Multi Address Checkout
Learn how Amasty Shipping Extensions help to solve real customers' casesIn our Shipping Guide we explain Magento shipping functionality in Amasty modules and discuss real cases from our support experience.
How to Configure Free Shipping Method
- Step 1. Log in to the admin panel and navigate to Stores > Settings > Configuration.
- Step 2. In the Sales tab, click Delivery Methods.
- Step 3. Find and open the Free Shipping section.
- Step 4. In the Enable field, choose Yes.
- Step 5. Enter the Title, Method Name, and Minimum Order Amount.
- Step 6. Choose if you want to include or exclude tax form the amount.
- Step 7. Customize the error message.
- Step 8. In the Ship to Applicable Countries field, specify where you can send orders for free.
- Step 9. Choose if you want to show the method even if it is not applicable.
- Step 10. Then set the Sort Order and save the changes.
According to the statistics, the extension can cover each business need in synergy with the following solution: magento 2 sales category.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
We have been using the M1 version for 2 plus yrs, now we are using M2 and it works just as great. I highly recommend this extension to any store that needs any sort of special shipping rules, with either oversized boxes or hazmat special shipping restrictions.
Support was extremely fast and pleasant to deal with. I have dealt with a lot of other companies, and Amasty has been the most responsive so far. All in all, I would recommend Amasty to anyone looking for extensions to make their website run as they see fit.
We group countries by area and then limit the products that can be sold to each area. Why must we do that? Because shipping to some areas results in increased cost for Customer Service. In order to cover that expense, we must limit the sale to products that have a high enough profit margin to cover the extra expense.
Flexibility and reliability are very important to us. Ease of use, smooth operation, consistent results, and reliable support are paramount.
The Amasty Support team and Development team worked with us to customize the extension to do exactly what I needed. We are very impressed with the abilities of the support team. They communicate clearly and they are quick to respond and provide solutions. I cannot say enough about how well they listen.
I would recommend the Shipping Suite Extension to anyone who wants to develop a shipping system that is custom tailored perfectly to fit their unique requirements.
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
Magento 2.2, 2.3, 2.4