Cookie Consent (GDPR) for Magento 2
- Choose a cookie bar style and customize the design
- Arrange cookies into obligatory and optional categories
- Collect and filter all cookie consents from registered and guest users
- Block third-party cookies
to access support service
in your account
If you run a website within the European Economic Area territory or if your users are EEA residents, you must comply with the EU Cookie Law. If you don’t, you risk receiving enforcement requests or administrative fines resulting in poor customer loyalty.
The Magento 2 cookie notice extension ensures you are fully compliant with Cookie Legislation requirements to avoid penalties for breaching the EU Cookie Law. It allows you to implement a detailed cookie bar to enhance data protection, better your customers’ user experience, and manage categories’.
WHAT IS EU COOKIE LAW AND HOW TO COMPLY WITH IT
The EU Cookie Law is a part of a privacy legislation outlining what users are allowed to do with your digital data. It is designed to protect online privacy by telling users how the information about them is used and obtaining their consent prior to browsing to ensure this.
According to the Cookie Legislation, some cookies do not require getting customers’ consent prior to their usage. These are the obligatory or ‘strictly necessary’ cookies that are required for optimal site functionality. All other cookies require consent before one can process them. The cornerstone is to detect which cookies are essential — unless you surely know they are the essential ones, you risk facing penalties for non-compliance.
To comply with EU Cookie Legislation, 3 actions from EU website owners are required:
- Provide detailed information on how cookie data will be used
What benefits do you get for your store
Avoid penalties for breaching Cookie Legislation by observing its principles
Increase customer loyalty and retention by providing complete cookie info
Strengthen data privacy and security by following documentation requirements
Collect Cookies at the First Interaction
To ensure customers provide their consent, an informative and easy to manage cookie popup in Magento 2 appears. The extension has 3 available cookie bars allowing you to choose the most suitable one for your store and make cookie information clear. Any bar displays require cookie data and the options to allow all the cookies or particular ones only.
NEW: Let your customers forbid the processing of all non-essential cookies using the ‘Decline’ button. Thus, shoppers can reject the collection of all cookies at once without disabling each group separately. Show or hide the button according to your business needs on any bar type.
Sidebar with toggles: display cookie groups and their descriptions to provide selective compliance
Cookie pop-up: show a compact popup with buttons in the center of the page
Classic bar: convenient and familiar placement to allow users to see the cookie bar at the top of the page or at the footer
Customization for any bar: change the color of each pop-up element to match your store branding
Now you can show a cookie popup for the customers from particular countries only. Automatically detect users' locations and limit cookie settings visibility to get relevant consents.
Cover specific legislation requirements
Before giving consent, shoppers should have an opportunity to check what data about them is being collected and how it will be used. With our detailed cookie descriptions, customers are more likely to provide their consent as well as consider your online store to be trustworthy. In our Magento 2 module, we touch on the cookie notice which includes the necessary data and explain how it lets visitors find the information they need without redirecting them to other pages of your site.
The law obliges store owners to retain all documentation concerning customers’ consent and manage appropriately Moreover, the regulation strongly recommends the timely updating of cookies. With the Magento 2 Cookie (GDPR) extension, all management issues are easy and seamless to overcome.
Advanced cookie bar options
Customize Cookie Groups position
Use the ‘Sort Order’ field during the cookie groups configuration to adjust the order for groups display in the cookie bar. Place the essential cookie group higher or lower depending on preference, and draw customers’ attention to any other group to obtain more consents.
NEW | Replace IP addresses for debug mode
Hide the bar if no decision was taken
In some cases, shoppers prefer just to ignore the bar. You are free to hide the bar from the same customer on new pages if no decision concerning cookie usage was taken. Thus, the shopper will be less distracted from purchasing.
NEW | Inform users about the changes in cookies
When you make any changes in cookies or cookie groups, the Magento 2 cookie manager will reappear with actual information. Customers will see a cookie bar again if you change:
- cookie group information or cookie information (including description, lifetime, provider, etc .);
- the statuses of particular cookies and cookie groups;
- cookies that have been reassigned between groups.
NEW | Block 3rd-party cookies
Show cookie bar according to location
You can now show a cookie popup for customers from particular countries only, e.g. to those that are affected by GDPR. The extension automatically detects visitors’ location and limits cookie settings visibility. Thus, allowing you to collect only relevant consents without impacting shoppers from other countries.
Submit privacy needs for your store
🔥 UPCOMING: A brand new cookie bar
More features for Magento cookie consent
- Clean consent log automatically after a certain period
- Hide the bar if no decision was taken to let customers proceed to the shopping
- Show cookie bar to customers from specific countries via geotargeting
- Use a new color picker to customize the bar style
Choose the suitable legislative solution
To comply with the requirements
GDPR COOKIE COMPLIANCE
- Cookie CMS page
- Cookie categories
- Consents Log
- Popup customization
CALIFORNIA ACT COMPLIANCE
- California residents protection
- Consent Checkboxes
- Access to personal data
- Opt-out option
- Account deletion
- CCPA Consents Log
- Sorting users by consents
New service for business growth
Struggling with a technical issue? Our custom development team is always ready to help you deal with any challenge and create a custom solution to cover your business needs. Check out our new service - Shopify Integration Service.
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
Request a Quote
Submit this form now and we will get back to you promptly!
What feature your extension lacks?
You can always download the recent version free of charge from your account installing an upgrade is easy
See Magento (and other software) versions we support and guarantee their compatibility with our extensions
- New now the extension includes new functionality that lets you record and collect each cookie сonsent given by guest users
- Fix we fixed the issue with the success message display that appeared when switching to another page only
- Fix we resolved the problem with cookie decline when the cookie bar was not displayed according to the 'Countries Restrictment' setting
- Fix we corrected the popup display on mobiles
- Fix we resolved the problem with the popup opening on the second click on the ‘Cookie Settings’ footer link
- Improvement we enhanced the work of a cookie banner, so when you update cookies or cookie groups, a cookie banner reappears with actual information
- Fix we resolved the problem with cookie values when accepting the cookies via pop-up
- Fix we fixed the issue with appearing of cookie banner when countries restriction is set to EEA countries
- Fix we fix the error occurred in upgrading from version 2.2.0
- Fix we resolved the problem with cookie bar size for mobiles
- Fix we fixed the issue with Amasty Cookie Settings widget
- New we added a new Decline button to a cookie bar to let your customers decline at once all cookies except the essential ones
- New we added Sort Order field for cookie groups, so you can change the position of cookie groups in a cookie bar
- Improvement we updated the behavior of a cookie bar to avert issues with Google Analytics tracking
- Fix we resolved the issue with accepting all cookies via Classic cookie bar
- Improvement we changed data structure to enhance work with entities and improved quality of code
- Compatibility now the extension is compatible with Magento 2.3.5+ and 2.4
- Improvement we added a new setting to Pop Up section, so you can change its Policy Text Color
- Improvement we enhanced the work of Cookie Lifetime option to let you edit cookie lifetime on store view level
- Fix we fixed the issue occurred with empty Notification Text for cookie bar
- New we added separate columns ‘Provider’ and ‘Type’ to cookie banner for cookie information to be more precise
- New we developed a new cookie bar type to let you show cookie information using a popup located in the centre. Moreover, new settings for all cookie bar types were added, so you can adjust their style according to your store needs
- Improvement we enhanced the work of cookie information section, so you can read it with pop up on the same page
- Improvement now you can store cookies and cookie groups on store view level
- Compatibility now the extension is compatible with Amasty Jet Theme
- Fix we fixed the parameter type in_array () issue
- Fix we resolved the performance issue of a Cookie Settings page
- Fix we fixed the issue with popup closing when the cookie wall is disabled on Magento 2.3.5
- Improvement we disabled deleting cookies from the ‘Essential’ cookie group and made the cookie ‘section_data_ids’ added to the ‘Essential’ cookie group by default. The modification resolves the issue with the cart updating when cookies aren’t allowed. The cookie ‘section_data_ids’ will stay at the same group after upgrading, however, we recommend you to move it to the ‘Essential’ cookie group
- Fix we fixed the processing of Essential cookies
- Fix we fixed the issue with the absence of cookies metadata in cookies deletion
- Fix we fixed the process of cookie removing
- Fix we fixed the issue with showing mage-messages errors after unsuccessful login
- Fix we fixed the caching of cookie settings page
- Fix we fixed disabling of Google Analytics Cookies added by GTM
- New Introducing the new cookie bar style. Now the cookie bar can be displayed as a popup with switches on it. Customer will be able to manage cookie groups right from the popup
- New We added a cookie lifetime column to the grid with cookie details. PLEASE FILL RELEVANT LIFETIME VALUE FOR EACH COOKIE (navigate to Customers > Cookies)
- New we added the feature for automatic log cleaning of the records that were stored for the set period of time
- Improvement we added visual improvements and changes to the admin area
- Improvement now it is possible to set the color of the buttons separately for each button on the pop-up
- Improvement we added conditions for more strict disable custom cookies added by js
- Fix we solved the problem with editing cookie consent settings for store views
- Fix we resolved the problem with flushing the entire cache after "Allow cookies" action
- Improvement we improved the extension's operation with Google Analytics cookies. Before the current update, there could be situations when GA tracked customers with turned off analytics cookies
- Fix we solved the problem with ACL on cookie consent bar
- Fix we solved thr problem with updating cookie consent description for store views
- Fix we resolved the problem with block rendering on ajax
- Fix we solved the problem with cookie bar position
- Fix the problem with install data was resolved
- Fix the possible issue with displaying the cookie bar on the Cookie Settings page was resolved
- Fix the possible issue after setup:upgrade was resolved