Export Customers for Magento 2
- Export any customer entities
- Use CSV, XML, ODS, XLSX, JSON or Custom Template
- Filter users by entity values and export only required ones
- Configure automatic export by cron or event
- Store export files on local or distant servers, send by email, use API, output them to Dropbox and Google Drive
- Customize columns naming and sorting in export files without coding
- Configure compatibilities without development using 3rd-party connectors
Using CRM and ERP systems is a common practice among business owners, especially when it comes to customer base management. But the default Magento doesn’t have options to set the necessary connections. As a result, store owners need to hire developers and waste a lot of time installing integration. Moreover, there are no options to filter customers and export only a particular segment.
Magento 2 Export Customers is a highly-customizable tool to export users and all concerning data without coding. Create multiple export profiles, include customers from a particular segment and export any data you need including from 3rd-party extensions. Execute export manually, by cron or by an event to automate customer migration. See 2 included solutions to cover each export need with one tool.
What benefits do you get for your store
Level up your business: keep your customer base up to date with the stable system connections
Reduce administration costs: adapt export files to multiple systems without development
Improve marketing efficiency: segment customers automatically before exporting
Sustain a stable export flow and migrate huge volumes with outstanding performance:
- Migrate 150.000+ customers with all available data for 1,51 min
- Export only new data due to the comparison algorithm
- Limit the batch size for each export profile
- Enable multi-process generation
- Auto clean logs and files
Make export file suitable for each platform
The set of extension features lets you create export files that meet the peculiarities of each particular system, whether it’s SAP ERP or Zoho CRM, etc.. With the Export Customers extensions, you can create adaptive export profiles for multiple business purposes and manage them all in one place.
Create multi-purpose export profiles
Add as many export profiles as you need for your business. Each profile can have its own structure, file format, storage options, execution schedule and so on. You can check the dates of the last run and update or even export profiles right from the grid. Create a brand-new profile or duplicate the existing one to speed up configuration.
Export any customer entities and fields
A customer list for export in Magento extension has a tree-structured UI: it includes root entities, subentities and fields. Add any entity you need to the export file and build a suitable file structure. Add the fields using a modal window. Use a search bar to find any required field in a few seconds. Moreover, add static fields if needed.
NEW: Now you can export the information about newsletter subscribers, which can be useful for marketing needs. For instance, pass the data to your sales team for further emails.
Modify values in export files
Now you can use modifiers to change the values in the export file automatically.
Types of modifiers you can use:
- Text Modifiers: Adjust the text of the text values by appending, prepending, capitalizing, etc.
- Numeric Modifiers: Use for number modifications, e.g. rounding customers' balances.
- Date Modifiers: Specify a suitable date format, e.g. d/m/y.
- Custom Modifiers: Replace the output of one field with the value of another.
Segment customers before exporting
You can use the filtration options to export only particular customers. For example, it is possible to sort users by their country, account creation date or customer group - to cut the long story short, you can filter by any value available within the included fields.
Match the naming requirements
Each system requires the imported files to be named in a specific way. With the extension, you can change the default column entity keys, delimiters and field titles to make a file suitable. Additionally, customize the naming to make files compact and understandable.
NEW: Now you can adjust field sorting in the file within each entity using the drag-and-drop option.
Schedule automatic export
Apart from running profiles with the button, you can export profiles automatically by cron or by the event. For instance, use cron options to export a profile each week or use an event to run the profile every time a new customer registers.
Include the data from 3rd-party modules
You may set 3rd-party links to add any customer data generated by other extensions to the export file - just choose the database tables to extract and join. When the necessary connections are ready, you will be able to add this info at the structure planning step.
Supported file formats & storage options
Available formats: you can export files in a CSV, XML, ODS or XLSX formats and configure each format specifications
NEW: now you can also use 2 additional formats - JSON and a Custom Twig Template
Available sources: export customers to a local server, upload to the external ones using FTP/SFTP, Rest API or send files via email
NEW: output customers list from Magento using Dropbox and Google Drive
Enhanced management options
Track export history
The extension includes advanced logging options to let you track export in a convenient way. You may see the export history with the statuses for each profile or check the stats by all existing profiles in a separate log.
Export from any store view
Thanks to the multi-store support, you can migrate customers from each store separately. Don’t forget that entities and fields for each store are also configurable.
Timely get error notifications
Keep your admins informed about failed exports via notifications. Just specify the emails to send alerts to and be sure your customers will be exported.
NEW: Configure alerts for specific profiles separately. This way, you can set different configurations for existing profiles and get only relevant notifications (and avoid spamming, as a bonus).
Automatically clean logs
Unload your server by removing the export history and files that are no longer relevant. Just set the period after which the logs and files will be regularly cleaned and avoid manual operations.
Amasty Export: Advanced Benefits
Magento 2 Export Customers also includes a simplified export UI for fast one-time export. All export entities are available here: the more Amasty Export extensions you have, the more entities you will be able to export in a split second.
→ Learn more about Export Orders for Magento 2
Amasty Export Pro
Finally, you have one more feature for professional usage: Amasty Export Cron Jobs. You can schedule the export of any available entity. Similar to the previous option, all export solutions by Amasty will be available in one place.
→ Learn more about Export Products for Magento 2
Further development plans for Magento 2 Export Customers:
- The output option to export files to Google Drive
- Automatic actions over the exported customers (e.g.
change customer group)
- The export from the customer grid with all filters preserved
How to export customers in Magento 2?
To export customers in Magento 2 do the following:
- Log in to Magento 2 admin panel.
- Go to System > Data Transfer > Import.
- In Entity Type, choose Customer Main File.
- Select the Add/Update Complex Data in Import Behavior.
- Navigate to Choose File in Select File to Import.
- Click Check Data.
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
2.3.6, 2.3.6-p1, 2.4.0-p1, 2.4.1, 2.4.1-p1, 2.4.2
- Fix we fixed the issue with the double 'You saved the profile' notice when saving the profile
- Fix we resolved the problem with the order of the fields after removing them from the Fields Configuration section
- New we added new export file storage that allows you to store export files on Google Drive
- New we added new export file storage that allows you to store export files on dropbox
- New we added a new subentity for you to export the information about newsletter subscribers
- Improvement we enhanced the work of alert notifications and added this functionality to profiles, so you can send alerts to recipients when an error happens in exporting a specific profile
- New we added a drag-and-drop feature for you to move fields within entities and export them in the order you need
- New now the extension comes with modifiers, so you can use optional elements which modifies the meaning of other elements in the fields
- Compatibility now the extension is compatible with Magento Cloud
- Improvement we updated the tooltip instructions to explain the Entity Key behavior
- Fix we fixed the header of Export History grid
- New we added a new option that allows you to send export files to REST API endpoint
- New now the extension comes with JSON format used for export files
- Improvement we developed a tree structure for filtering to be on the same level as export fields
- Improvement we integrated the universal template engine Twig
- Improvement we enhanced the work of filtering, so you can set many values for text field filtering
- Fix we resolved the issue with 'Field Name in Export File' removed after saving profile settings