Multi Warehouse Inventory for Magento 2
Equip your store with an advanced Magento 2 Warehouse Management Tool. Easily split inventory among multiple warehouses and effectively manage stock right from the product grid or the particular warehouse page.
- Easily create multiple warehouses
- Manage stock right from the product grid
- Reduce delivery cost with a smart algorithm
- Create shipments in one click
- Set custom shipping methods and rates
Advanced Magento 2 stock management
Due to the boom in e-commerce, the number of warehouses is growing and might reach 180,000 by 2025 worldwide. As your business expands you put more effort into handling and optimizing warehouse workflows. Among the top issues that any evolving online retailer eventually faces are preserving business scalability while reducing inventory management costs of numerous warehouses, and working out efficient logistics strategies. Being able to manage stocks in any location of your business presence and set smart picking and shipping algorithms, is a must if you want your business to expand faster and with fewer operating and labor expenses.
With the Magento 2 Inventory Management extension, you can create as many warehouses as you need. Define your own stock locations, track the offline shops inventory and create a virtual warehouse for defective products to be sent back to the manufacturer. Keep an eye on the supplier’s stock (dropshipping), etc. Distribute your magento inventory among the warehouses, keep all stock information at hand and edit all stock values right on the grid. The extension is based on Multi-Source Inventory coming with Magento 2.3 Commerce and Open Source, therefore it is compatible with Magento 2.3 and higher versions.
Note, that Multi Warehouse Inventory extension works on Magento 2.3 version and higher. Contact us, if your Magento version is 2.2 or lower.
Effectively manage your inventory
Magento 2 Inventory Management extension provides you with full visibility of your inventory distributed among multiple locations. Add unlimited number of warehouses and easily assign items to them. Conveniently manage your stock either from the product grid or a source settings page.
Efficiently optimize delivery costs
Smart algorithm of warehouse selection
Flexible Magento Inventory Management settings let you customize the algorithm of a warehouse selection. The extension supports native MSI algorithms and also offers a completely new one that combines them to offer the source selection based on the delivery price.
- Distance priority
- Source priority
- Product stock availability
- Combined source selection algorithm
The stock from that storage will be automatically decreased when the order is fulfilled.
Specify custom shipping methods and rates for each warehouse individually
Commonly, a shipping provider calculates shipping cost by its particular rules, considering the location of a warehouse and a customer. This option allows you to employ your custom shipping rates different from the rates established by a shipping provider.
Calculate shipping costs based on warehouse location
Make a particular warehouse address a primary pickup address for a shipping service provider. The feature offers more precise calculations on shipping cost. Otherwise, the store address mentioned in the config, remains a primary pickup address.
Flexibly adapt your delivery strategy
Select source automatically
If you enable the automatic source selection algorithm, the module will choose the suitable warehouse to deliver from as soon as a customer places an order. The feature supports all available shipping services and immediately displays the precise shipping cost to the customer right on the checkout page.
Minimize delivery cost
Due to the flexible extension settings, you are able to adjust the algorithm priority to reduce shipping costs to the minimum. Optimize your delivery process by choosing the distance or source priority strategy. It can be extremely useful if shipping from a particular source is more profitable for your store.
Create shipments in one click
With the Magento 2 Advanced Inventory, you may also create shipments from your backend panel. While creating a shipment, the extension also automatically chooses the default source selection algorithm and determines the optimal warehouse. Moreover, you can easily make changes and manually switch the source if needed.
Set the distance to warehouses
The extension allows you to specify the particular distance value, according to which the combined algorithm will choose the source. For example, if you set the option to “5 km” and the distance between 2 warehouses is less than this value, the module will consider them to be equally distant and will select the most suitable warehouse by other criteria.
Deliver products from multiple sources
While creating shipment from the backend, you may not only choose the appropriate warehouse, but also split products between the sources. Just set the quantity of products you want to be delivered from the particular warehouse and ship the rest ones from another source if needed.
Easily edit products in bulk
To speed up the whole process of Magento 2 store management, you may easily edit product info regarding the stocks and sources in bulk. It is possible to assign items to a particular warehouse, unassign from specific ones and even transfer from one source to another using just one button.
More features for Magento 2 Multi Warehouse Inventory
Avoid any data loss
The module is designed to provide the maximal level of data safety. That’s why your store admins are not able to delete the existing sources or change their codes as well. But still you may easily disable warehouses and change the info you need.
Timely send notifications
The extension allows for sending email notifications to warehouse owners when an item should be shipped from
a particular source and on an item low stock situation.
Easily import stock data
Use magento stock control to import data. With Magento 2 inventory software you can quickly update stock data by importing all necessary info from a CSV or XML file. Quickly import sources from the previous Multi Warehouse Inventory version.
Quickly export needed info
Export stock information manually or take advantage of the automatic export which runs when you start and finish using the module. See all exported data in the Export History tab.
How to change the default stock management in Magento 2?
- The simplest thing you can do is to install and enable this extension.
- Then without coding, you can:
- Create numerous warehouses and
- Virtual warehouses for defective products;
- Set stock locations and see the offline shops inventory;
- Distribute inventory among the warehouses;
- Edits products per warehouse;
- Manage stock inventory from one place;
- Timely warehouse owners notifying and no data loss or human errors.
How to enable Magento 2 warehouse management?
- Navigate to Stores > Settings > Configuration.
- Open the Catalog tab and click Inventory.
- Expand the Product Stock Options section and set Manage Stock to Yes.
- Save the changes.
- Now, you can manage stock for stores and products.
Magento 2 Inventory Management extension free has a wide range of functionality that allows you to manage product residuals, minimize inventory to achieve the necessary efficiency gains, reduce delivery costs and increase productivity. Magento Inventory Management extension with free support allows managing inventory efficiently in a convenient grid where you can make all necessary changes in a click.
In Magento 2 you can manage your stock using two approaches: you can control magento stock products via the default inventory settings or using each product individual settings.
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
Request a Quote
Submit this form now and we will get back to you promptly!
What feature your extension lacks?
You can always download the recent version free of charge from your account installing an upgrade is easy
See Magento (and other software) versions we support and guarantee their compatibility with our extensions
- Compatibility we enhanced compatibility with Amasty Gift Card
- Fix we fixed the error occurred when placing the order with virtual product
- Improvement MFTF tests were moved to additional packages
- New we added MFTF tests to the extension
- Improvement we adjusted the ‘Manage Sources’ and ‘Manage Stocks’ menu items added by the extension
- Improvement we added a quick links to Manage Stock and Manage Sources in extension menu
- Improvement we added Source name and Source Address to header of Low Stock Email notification
- Fix we solved the problem with editing stock for downloadable products
- Fix we solved the problem with incorrect order status after shipment
- Fix we solved the problem with shipping simple products with custom options
- Fix we solved the problem with creating Credit Memo
- Fix we fixed the "There is no sample file for this entity." warning message in downloading Stock Sources sample file for import
- Improvement now it is possible to easily migrate data from the old version of MWI to the updated one and to the Magento Multi Source Inventory
- Improvement we reviewed and enhanced the code
- Fix we solved the problem with extension upgrading
- New Now it is possible to assign items to a source (warehouse) and manage the quantity from the source settings page. Manage your stock with comfort
- New We made it possible to assign items to a source (warehouse) and manage the stock from the product grid.
- New We added email notifications to a source (warehouse) owners/managers. They will be notified when an item should be shipped from a particular source (warehouse) and on an item low stock situation
- Compatibility now the extension is compatible with Magento 2.3.1. Its native algorithm chooses sources depending on the distance
- New introducing the new feature for selecting warehouses on the order creation step. Now shipping cost can be calculated depending on the warehouse address