Shipping Rules for Magento 1
Modify live shipping rates: surcharge, deduct or override rates, provided by carriers. E.g. surcharge rates for delivery to Hawaii and Alaska, correct rates for LTL freights.
- Shipping rules based on order, product and customer attributes
- Modify rates both for the whole cart and a single product
- Set up shipping based on customer groups and store views
- Change delivery prices both by flat amount and by percent
- Provide correct rates for LTL freights
As soon as default Magento 1 delivery options provide shipping rates transmitted via carrier APIs, store owners have no opportunity to modify them, thus losing potential customers and money. Why not exploit shipping functionality to the full and get more sales by tweaking live shipping rates?
Due to a feature-rich Magento 1 Shipping Rules extension one can generate a great variety of flexible rules to recalculate and overwrite rates by popular shipping carriers in Magento 1 like UPS, DHL, FedEx and many others.
The module offers a wide range of parameters for rules creation which can be used both individually and in combinations. Besides, the extension provides a number of algorithms to calculate shipping rate surcharges, discounts and overriding.
Select carriers and specify shipping methods
Choose days of the week and set a time interval
Indicate products for which the rule will be applied
Select rate modification type
Specify coupons to trigger rule application
Configure address options for accurately tailored shipping rates
Enable shipping rules for specific store views and customer groups
IMPORTANT: The module lets admin users easily modify shipping rates by recalculating them according to rule conditions (surcharge, discount, replace). In case you need to restrict shipping for particular locations or disable specific methods please take a look at the Shipping Restrictions extension .
Smart algorithms for rate calculation
You can change delivery prices both by flat amount and by percent at the same time. It's also possible to add a base amount for the whole order. E.g., Add $25 surcharge for the whole order and $5 + 10% of the product price for each individual product. Or apply a zero discount for the whole order, but 5% of product price for each individual item.
Modify rates based on unit weight
Use this option to increase or decrease shipping prices based on the product weight. For instance, if the product's weight equals to 10 kg and the surcharge rate per unit of weight is 2 USD, the final shipping price will increase on 20 USD.
Base rules on order and shipping address data
Order attributes, such as subtotal, weight, items quantity are available for rule conditions. Also you can set conditions based on address line, zip code, state or province, country. E.g. Surcharge orders with subtotal less than $200 and weight more than 30 kilograms, which need to be delivered to California.
Use product attributes for rule conditions
You can employ all product attributes such as category, brand, SKU and so on. For example, you can set a rule to apply to products from category 'Shoes', of brand 'Gucci', from 'leather' material.
Set rules based on order info
Create shipping rules based on average order value. It's also possible to modify rates depending on the order status and the number of days afer last order placement.
Create time based shipping rules in Magento
Specify particular days of the week and time intervals for rule application. For instance, you can establish extra charges for evening delivery.
Use customer attributes for rule conditions
Create flexible shipping rules based on any customer attribute you need. For example, you can offer lower shipping rates to loyal customers who have registered at your store more than a year ago.
Conditions 'starts from' and 'ends with'
This option is extremely useful when it comes to creation zip code based rules. It enables you to prevent rule application for all zip codes starting from '123' or ending with 'XYZ' or vice versa - apply the rule only for codes that meet specified conditions.
- Use coupons to apply or cancel shipping rules.
- Include tax in product conditions.
- Arrange countries in groups to apply rules for the whole area.
- Apply or skip rules for admin orders.
- Specify priority for rules application.
- Set up rules by store view and customer groups.
Consider using the solutions below to bring shipping to a new level:
Shipping table rates extension gives you full control over shipping. Create any number of shipping methods: flat rates, weight-based rates, etc. Use flat and percent rates, combinations of address, weight, price and quantity to calculate shipping. Import rates and edit them manually. Use rates based on product type, e.g. for extra large, toxic items.
With Shipping Restrictions extension you can adjust shipping process to your legal and business needs. Block shipping carriers or some methods of carriers and put restrictions based on customer group, order total, weight and other shipping parameters.
Payment is an essential part of a structured shipping process. Take this aspect under control with the Amasty Payment Restrictions extension. Restrict payment methods by by country, state, customer groups and store views, order info, customer and product attributes.
Learn how Amasty Shipping Extensions help to solve real customers' casesIn our Shipping Guide we explain Magento 1 shipping functionality in Amasty modules and discuss real cases from our support experience.
Yes, sure. The module allows you to add shipping surcharge for live rates of particular groups of products.
Yes, you can do this with our Shipping Rules extension. You can set a Magento shopping cart rule depending on a product type.
Yes, the Shipping Rules extension allows for using a wide range of showings for rules creation, as well as different algorithms for discounts. By making changes in the address conditions of the rules configuration you can set the desired shipping postcodes. Read on to see the screenshot.
Yes, sure. A Magento free shipping rule can be set by making changes in the address conditions of the rule configuration. Go on reading to see the example.
The module is compatible with most of the shipping extensions that implement Magento shipping interface. If there are any conflicts, we will fix them for you. Shipping Rules extension is 100% compatible with our Shipping Table Rates and Shipping Restrictions.
No, Magento shopping cart price rules don't work with custom options, but work with attributes only.
Yes, sure. You can set shopping cart price rules based on a customer group. To apply a rule for a particular customer group you should make changes in the rule configuration. Read on to see the screenshot.Read the FULL answer
Yes, shipping rules can be set based on different customer groups as well as store views. To apply the rules for particular stores you need to make changes in the rule configuration section. To see the screenshot follow the link.
No, there is no such an option.
No, the extension works only with existing shipping methods, therefore, you won't be able to create shipping methods.
Yes, with the Shipping Rules extension you can choose for what products to modify the shipping rates. You can make it through creating appropriate conditions in the rule configuration section. Follow the link to see a screenshot.
No, a product can have only one active shipping rule at a time. If no conditions are specified on the Product tab, only one shipping rule will be applied to the whole shopping cart.
No, shipping cost can be charged only during the checkout.
If you need such a feature, you should use our Shipping Restrictions instead of Shipping Rules.
No, you would better consider our Shipping Restrictions module to achieve this.
If you need to calculate shipping cost based on product attributes, including weight, you should use our Shipping Table Rates extension.
Shipping Rules extension only replaces, gives discounts or surcharges standard rates according to the rules you set. If you need to restrict a particular shipping methods please use the Shipping Restrictions module by Amasty.
Will the extension allow adding a surcharge for certain shipping methods for particular products?
Can I set different flat fees for different product types?
Can I add a discount for certain postcodes?
Can I set free shipping for certain postcodes?
I want to use this extension in combination with other shipping modules. Will it work?
Will this extension allow handling shipping price by custom options of products?
Can I set particular shipping rules for certain customer groups only?
Can I have different shipping rules for different store views?
Can I change the name of a shipping method with Shipping Rules?
Can Shipping Rules module create new shipping methods?
Can I modify shipping rates only for certain products?
Can multiple shipping rules be applied to the shopping cart simultaneously?
Is it possible to charge the actual cost of shipping after the order is placed?
Can I prevent shipping to PO Box addresses?
Can I restrict a shipping method per item with Shipping Rules?
Can this module calculate the price of shipping based on weight?
Can I create shipping rules to restrict shipping?
- 100% Open Source — Easy To Customize
- Follows Magento Code Architecture
- Separated HTML/CSS/JS
- Simple installation via Composer
I had an issue with the way one of my rules was configured, the developers sorted it for me within 24 hours.
I'll be waiting for that extension for Magento 2
I would be happy to see an ability to export these rules as when I use this extension on another store, I will have to re-create a rule by rule which is quite difficult and time consuming.
For example, if people order roses to be shipped to another town, we need a special price for the container to deliver them fresh.
With the extension it's easy and quick. Like.
Amasty Shipping rules module became a breath of fresh air for us!
We purchased Amasty's Shipping Rules Extension and it totally rocked the house! PLUS the CUSTOMER SUPPORT was off the hook! We had an issue (and receiving major heat from our client) that developed from our lack of expertise in using Magento and Alex from Amasty got back to us ASAP and solved it immediately!
These guys are the absolute best! If they're reading this...thank you for hitting the mark on all levels!
We absolutely recommend this company!
darius2,0, Magento Connect
amieq, Magento Connect
Support is responsive and kept helping until the extension worked fine; even though it turned out the problem was a Magento locale-translation error, and not the Amasty's fault.
I reccommend Amasty.
Are you looking to add specific functionality for this extension or want to acquire a reliable development partner altogether? With custom development services by Amasty, you will receive high quality and cost-effective solutions developed by Magento professionals according to industry’s best practices.
CE 1.4.x - 1.9.x, EE 1.8.x - 1.14.x
- Improvement compatibility with Amasty Shipping Table Rates was enhanced
- Fix the issue with empty condition was fixed
- New "Product attribute combination" was added to conditions tree
- Fix the issue with rules triggering by priority was resolved
- Improvement "Custom options SKU" condition option for products was added
- New the input type of 'Shipping Methods' field was changed to multiselect
- Compatibility the compatibility with Amasty Shipping Restrictions and Amasty Payment Restrictions extensions was improved
- Fix the issue with the calculations for two or more shipping methods was resolved
- Compatibility the compatibility with the Amasty Auto Add Promo Items extension was added
- Improvement the code was enhanced
- Fixed tax calculation
- Compatibility improvements
- A list of categories on edit form is now disclosed for the existing rule
- Customer Attributes conditions
- Order History conditions
- New setting: Subtotal including tax and/or discount in conditions
- Fixed subtotal condition with "Include tax in Subtotal" setting
- Option to apply / skip rule for admin orders
- Option to select coupons to apply or cancel rule
- Time conditions
- Added option to apply rules to all orders backorders, or non backorders
- New TAX settings
- Admin routing patch (SUPEE-6788) compatibility
- New field for conditions: total amount incl tax
- Updated rules for configurable products validation
- Inner optimization. New algorithm for configurable product validation.
- Option to show shipping discount provided by rules right in the shipping calculation block and at the checkout.
- Fixed coupon validation when it contains both uppercase and lowercase letters
- Option to add surcharge / discount per Unit weight
- Min/max rate modification internal logic adjustment
- Ability to set either coupon or shopping cart rule condition (multiple coupons support)
- Ability to set shipping rules by days of the week
- When maximum rate option is 0 it's skipped instead of setting free shipping
- New condition types - by city, by subtotal after discount.
- Ability to set maximal / minimal final rate after a rule gets applied (not only max modification amount).
- Ability to use customer attributes for rule conditions when Special Promotions Pro is installed.
- Fix for 1.5.x versions of Magento CE.
- Product attribute conditions for the whole order. E.g. it is possible to apply surcharge or discount for the whole order, if there's a specific product in it.
- Handling percentage - ability to surcharge or discount total shipping cost by percent.
- Amazing new feature. Now you can specify a coupon created in 'Shopping Cart Price Rules' section and the shipping rule will apply only when the coupon is used.
- New conditions "starts from" and "ends with". Especially useful for zip codes - you can specify, that a restriction should apply to all zip codes starting from '123' or ending with 'XYZ'.
- Condition option for address line, e.g. you can create rules for addresses with PO Boxes.
- Fix of cache issue for product attributes in the conditions.